Firmware beta 5.0

Hogie838

7 minutes ago, DrBloodmoney said:

Do you not understand what I mean?

Do you not understand how paper works? 

Are you under the impression that if someone changes thier name on an electronic service, that an unrelated piece of paper will somehow know, and re-write itself to reflect the change? Do you believe that we live in a mystical, magical world of sentient, omnipotent papyrus, pressed from magical seeing trees, that can sense changes in the electrons and morph previously written ink to reflect current information?  

Are you a foolish fool who is foolish? 

:-S

Pen and Paper - or, k'now, memory - won't work if Sony allows changing of names. 

What I meant was that if sony impliment possible changing of PSNIDs, then they should also implement a 'personal flag' system that would allow you to know that a person you see with a different name is the same person from before - essentially a method of following a user across multiple name-changes.

Dude, I don't know. It just seems like a super useless thing for normal people.

You don't want to play with someone? - Block them.

You don't want to block that person? - K, then don't.

I just don't see how all the 3 people on this planet who would work with your vision of this eloborate flag system would benefit so greatly from said thing.

Edited by Joker
  • Like 1

Actually, the one thing that I really wanted in this update doesn't seem like it will be implemented and that is keeping track of trophy progression. I hear X Box does a good job of this so why can't Sony? I would like to know how close I am to obtaining a trophy. That would definitely be a huge improvement. 

6 minutes ago, ZachBoardyHD said:

I'm so sick of 'change ID name' coming up... You knew it was a unique name and a one time thing, it's not their fault you picked a name you didn't like and when you realised this you should have created a new account with the preferences name.

Pretty much this. Every update that gets announced this "Change PSN ID" thing crops up. It's not happening lads. Sorry. You're stuck with that username you thought was cool when you were 14 but no longer do.

• Like 2

Until 5.0 is officially released and until SONY states everything that is in the update then we will just have to wait and see.

I am not saying there are additional features that will be included in the final 5.0 but as of now it is only in Beta form.

I am not bothered what Eurogamer are saying they have seen notes of, because after all, you can only see what you are shown.

Edited by JapanimeGamer

33 minutes ago, Miles_Warren said:

It's not happening lads. Sorry. You're stuck with that username you thought was cool when you were 14 but no longer do.

It'll eventually happen one day but like i said 1) they need to understand the consequences of the name change with old-gen saves 2) it's not something that requires a firmware to be installed on a hardware.

Edited by T87

42 minutes ago, T87 said:

It'll eventually happen one day but like i said 1) they need to understand the consequences of the name change with old-gen saves 2) it's not something that requires a firmware to be installed on a hardware.

You'd likely need to copy the PS3 and Vita save files to the PS+ Online Storage, then you download them so they'd be linked to your new username. Only if this may occur, I don't know.

It's not like it's impossible to be implemented. JP users were able to do it. While they kept the online ID kept being the same, the display ID changed.

5 minutes ago, Maxie Mouse said:

You'd likely need to copy the PS3 and Vita save files to the PS+ Online Storage, then you download them so they'd be linked to your new username. Only if this may occur, I don't know.

It's not like it's impossible to be implemented. JP users were able to do it. While they kept the online ID kept being the same, the display ID changed.

Yeah, JP users... even PS3 games like Harmony of Despair let you change the display ID in the JP version, or when the system language was set to Japanese, i don't remember.

On 18 August 2017 at 10:57 AM, DrBloodmoney said:

Do you not understand what I mean?

Do you not understand how paper works? 

Are you under the impression that if someone changes thier name on an electronic service, that an unrelated piece of paper will somehow know, and re-write itself to reflect the change? Do you believe that we live in a mystical, magical world of sentient, omnipotent papyrus, pressed from magical seeing trees, that can sense changes in the electrons and morph previously written ink to reflect current information?  

Are you a foolish fool who is foolish? 

:-S

Pen and Paper - or, k'now, memory - won't work if Sony allows changing of names. 

What I meant was that if sony impliment possible changing of PSNIDs, then they should also implement a 'personal flag' system that would allow you to know that a person you see with a different name is the same person from before - essentially a method of following a user across multiple name-changes.

Calm down son, Jesus.

On a seperate issue...

I'm as much as a trophy hoar as the next person on the site, but I have to say I'm not really aware of trophy notifications being that different. Is it really that big a deal to put them back to the old way.

Edited by captainskyhawk
Merged without any spacing.
  • Like 1

I got the beta, It's ok I guess, doesn't change that much for me cause I'm the single gamer here and don't have any kids

I'm glad to be able to put friends in specific groups, and to turn off notifications if im watching netflix or youtube