50 chain trophy

Okay, I figure I'll ask about it now... what would be the better way to get this done? Would I by chance, manage to get this without trying? Or would I have to actually look out for it properly? And if so, the best way to do so? Would using your Mist abilities work? Granted, I only have the one and event hen, I've no idea how to use it properly within the timer that goes off while the ability is being used (which I assume would help greatly for a good amount of chains on an enemy).

Go to Lhusu Mines, Shunia Twinspan section - skeletons are the only enemies who spawn here and there are a bunch of them. When you kill them all, reset them by going 2 screens away, and them go back to respawn them. Flee from anything else you may encounter along the way until you go back to that section, and kill them again. Repeat that a few times and you will get the trophy in about 5-10 minutes. Mist abilities should work as well, but you don't need them as the skeletons aren't that strong at all anyways, which makes that place one of the best ones to get the unrelenting trophy early in the game.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, XShadowNebula01 said:

Go to Lhusu Mines, Shunia Twinspan section - skeletons are the only enemies who spawn here and there are a bunch of them. When you kill them all, reset them by going 2 screens away, and them go back to respawn them. Flee from anything else you may encounter along the way until you go back to that section, and kill them again. Repeat that a few times and you will get the trophy in about 5-10 minutes. Mist abilities should work as well, but you don't need them as the skeletons aren't that strong at all anyways, which makes that place one of the best ones to get the unrelenting trophy early in the game.

Well, I am up to the mines (just escaped first time).  But a question too before I forget, when the chain gets crossed out, what is the cause of that? I mean, in this game, a chain is just attacking/hitting enemies 50 times in total right? As in, without the chain being broken? Granted as I asked too, what would cause it to be cancelled? I've not caught onto that myself.

10 minutes ago, DrakeHellsing said:

Ah okay, and as @XShadowNebula01 mentioned, skeletons are fine? As in, skeletons that are any combination of said skeletons?

Yes, that's fine so long as it's the same overall species. 

When you run out of them (they respawn a lot but will eventually stop) go two zones back (respawns enemies) and come back, obviously fleeing from non-Skeletons all the while. 

Easiest to do this with them or the Urutan-Yensa in the Sandsea. 

Edited by LunchCannon54

4 minutes ago, LunchCannon54 said:

Yes, that's fine so long as it's the same overall species. 

When you run out of them (they respawn a lot but will eventually stop) go two zones back (respawns enemies) and come back, obviously fleeing from non-Skeletons all the while. 

Easiest to do this with them or the Urutan-Yensa in the Sandsea. 

I've not gotten to Sandsea yet, but I could keep an eye on that enemy as well... I take it there's a bunch of those enemies in Sandsea?

I wonder if Wolves could also be a good enemy to murder too, go to that first desert place you had to go to first (I forget the name of it), there's wolves hanging about and the cactus monsters (those being docile enemies).  Would it count if you beat those wolves up, go back to the port, then back in, or will it reset when you get back to the port?

I got this in Giza Plains (Sunny) killing the werewolves + power leveling early in the game...There is a small area at the bottom of the map which can be used to re-spawn the werewolves (monsters re spawn if you run two areas away) , rinse and repeat 25 times, also make sure to avoid the Mesmenir or it will break your chain.

4 hours ago, DrakeHellsing said:

I've not gotten to Sandsea yet, but I could keep an eye on that enemy as well... I take it there's a bunch of those enemies in Sandsea?

I wonder if Wolves could also be a good enemy to murder too, go to that first desert place you had to go to first (I forget the name of it), there's wolves hanging about and the cactus monsters (those being docile enemies).  Would it count if you beat those wolves up, go back to the port, then back in, or will it reset when you get back to the port?

There is a vast amount of Urutan-Yensa humanoid-like enemies at the Sandsea, but they use dark motes with great accuracy, they're skilled archers and are stronger than the skeletons at the Lhusu Mines - however, if you're comfortable at killing them, you can go for these instead and you will get the 50-chain easily. Also, there's a nasty Salamand Entite enemy at the Central Junction/Primary Tank Complex section (I believe) of the Sandsea. It basically looks like a big fireball, and it always spawns under very sunny/hot weather. If you encounter this, be careful because it attacks with powerful magic if you, or the enemies around it, use any kind of magic anywhere near it, even if it's just healing magic, so run away if it turns hostile as it can take you out super fast. The chain breaks if you kill a different type of enemy (killing one of the same general species is perfectly okay, like the various skeleton types etc), touch a save/teleport crystal, or enter an area where you control Vaan, like the various towns, villages etc. You can certainly do it with the wolves, hyenas, or whatever else you want to as well, but in my opinion, the Shunia Twinspan area at the Mines, is quite more convenient and faster at this point of the game. If you want to do this with the 2 werewolves at the Giza Plains, you will get some good XP from them - they do hit kinda hard however.

Edited by XShadowNebula01

Skeletons in Lhusu is the easiest one to chain IMO as in that area it is ONLY skeletons with no chance of accidentally attacking anything else and breaking the chain. If chaining wolves in the desert there is always a chance of attacking a cactuar or trice.

It's where I got my chain trophy. Think I got to about 260 before turning around and selling my loot.

• Like 1

If you don't have gambits on for attacking then its easy enough so long as you only target one type of enemy (wolves, cacti, cockatice, etc). Lhusu mines is by far the easiest as there is only one type of enemy in that area and the start of the next. If 50 do not appear and they stop spawning, run back two areas holding the Flee button (R2), then run back and more will spawn to continue the chain. Entering any "rest" zone, towns, cities, layovers (eg Estersand 2nd zone), or touching a crystal, all seem to reset a chain, so avoid them.

I got it in the Bhujerba mines as well.  There is two sort of bridge areas.  The second one, right before the boss, and the room after it only spawn skeletons.  Just run back and forth and you'll get it easy.  Also, if you set someone to steal as well you can clean up on 'Bone Fragments'.  Good source of early game Gil.

In the miliam temple, there is a button that you can activate if you equip the right accessory.

If you don't equip it, touching that button will make 3 zombies pop.

Simply clean the room, go back to the button, push it 17 times and kill the zombies everytime. You simply can not miss this, since there won't be any other kind of ennemies :).

Just did it in like 3 minutes yesterday

If youre going for the plat theres no need to go out of your way for this. Uratan Exile requires 100 uratans killed which while chaining them isnt required the best area to get it done easily allows you to chain as outside of them theres only an occasional Entite roaming. And then Larva Eater's least tedious method youll be getting more than 50 killing mom bombs going through the same 3 rooms with no other enemies. Even if you prefer the divide method for LE youre killing 45 of the Lich type monsters and could easily just rezone it for the last 5 or divide longer than the spawn requires.

But all the same chaining at Lhusu is a decent source of starting cash. Quickest way would probably be one of the Henne switches that summons hoards and just using an -aga spell or such to wipe them all though.

Wolves in the Estersand if you want to get it super early; I did this with just Vaan in the party before going into the castle. Go to Sand-Swept Naze and then exit the screen back to Yardang Labyrinth so some of the wolves respawn (though don't run around in the labyrinth area as there are cocktrices that will break the chain if you're not careful).

If you are OK with waiting, it's easier to get at Ogir-Yensa as several others have said.

There are lots of great places to earn this trophy throughout the game. I did mine in the Henne Mines, there's nothing but bats in there so it was easy to just run up and down the halls for a few passes. I could have easily done it in the Sandsea too - that's just an awesome place for some early grinding in general too.