The 13 Plats of Halloween

I'm in too :D I don't have any Horror game son my backlog but i could by a couple later, i saw some indies that caught my attention they didn't have plat but they do have some trophies, too bad I already plat a lot of my Residen Evil games, cuz I'm not sure i will plat The evil Withing or Dark Souls xD

On 8/9/2017 at 7:24 AM, harsly said:

I don't plan on joining but I upvoted the OP because I was the 13th like. :giggle:

Good luck to everyone though.

Thanks!

On 8/9/2017 at 6:49 AM, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I'm in too :D I don't have any Horror game son my backlog but i could by a couple later, i saw some indies that caught my attention they didn't have plat but they do have some trophies, too bad I already plat a lot of my Residen Evil games, cuz I'm not sure i will plat The evil Withing or Dark Souls xD

There are a ton of cheap indies out there that will fit the bill. I'm also looking forward to the sale around Halloween.

This looks like this might be fun!

Will have to see how many games I can *get up* too, but have:

Grim Fandango Remastered

Day of the Tentacle Remastered

Until Dawn

..and a slew of others I can't find / remember right now!

*edited*
Resident Evil 5 & 6

Dead Sychronicity

Murdered: Soul Suspect

The Evil Within

Aragami

Slain: Back From Hell

Any others that people can help with before the deadline??

Just 3 to go!! (And one more payday ;) )

Edited by MadDogProskelion
More info etc

22 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Thanks!

There are a ton of cheap indies out there that will fit the bill. I'm also looking forward to the sale around Halloween.

Also, I think there's other way you could do the event, instead of asking people for the list of 13 games, you can let people add the games while they're playing during the event time... I mean you could do like 13 badges for the event (for example) and reward people based on how many plats they manage to get. it's just one way tho ☺️

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Also, I think there's other way you could do the event, instead of asking people for the list of 13 games, you can let people add the games while they're playing during the event time... I mean you could do like 13 badges for the event (for example) and reward people based on how many plats they manage to get. it's just one way tho 263a.png

I'll consider this. I don't know that I'd do one for every plat but could maybe do one for 5, 10, then 13. I havent really thought about the looks of the badge yet but kind of like the idea of a trick-or-treat bag stuffed with platinum trophies.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 08/08/2017 at 1:01 AM, Toogie53 said:

Hey all,

According the community rules, I've not been around long enough to host a sanctioned "Project Platinum" event. Since I can't, I plan on doing my own personal Halloween gaming event. I'm gunning to earn 13 platinums on Halloween-related games between September 1st and October 31st. If anyone is crazy enough about Halloween to take this challenge along with me, I'd really enjoy discussing progress, games, etc. Just post in here and I can gauge interest. I have chosen some shorter/easier games because I want to be realistic about my available time. I'm also completing some secondary goals like cleaning up my completion percentage and catching up on my game backlog so I'll be mostly be playing games I already own vs buying something new like Friday the 13th (I want it so bad though!). I'm going for only games with platinums, but if you want in with games that you can 100% that's good too! I am hoping to squeeze in a couple of 100%s too, like SOMA and Costume Quest 2. If I get an actual group of people doing this, I'll design a badge graphic for those that complete the challenge to add to their signature.

Here are my personal picks (in no particular order):

1.   Hide contents

1. The Last of Us Remastered
    2. The Evil Within
    3. Resident Evil Remastered
    4. Until Dawn
    5. Grim Fandango
    6. Alien: Isolation
    7. Day of the Tentacle
    8. The Deadly Tower of Monsters
    9. Lone Survivor
    10. Amnesia Collection
    11. Goosebumps
    12. Claire
    13. Oxenfree

I like the variety, but I wouldn't personally class Day of the Tentacle, The Deadly Tower of Monsters and Goosebumps as horror games (Goosebumps maybe at a push has some merit).

Or maybe my view of horror is skewed from playing too many Resident Evils.

I'd like to put forward alternatives and perhaps a tentative personal list:

AMY, Bioshock 2, Catherine, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition, All the Dead Space games (I have 4 to fully complete), F.3.A.R, Any Resident Evil Game (I have 4 on my profile and 3 I haven't started yet), Slain: Back From Hell, Splatterhouse, The Evil Within, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL, The Last of Us.

2 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I like the variety, but I wouldn't personally class Day of the Tentacle, The Deadly Tower of Monsters and Goosebumps as horror games (Goosebumps maybe at a push has some merit).

Or maybe my view of horror is skewed from playing too many Resident Evils.

I'd like to put forward alternatives and perhaps a tentative personal list:

AMY, Bioshock 2, Catherine, Dead Nation: Apocalypse Edition, All the Dead Space games (I have 4 to fully complete), F.3.A.R, Any Resident Evil Game (I have 4 on my profile and 3 I haven't started yet), Slain: Back From Hell, Splatterhouse, The Evil Within, The House of the Dead: OVERKILL, The Last of Us.

Hey! Thanks for checking out the thread. I'm going to make a post on Friday to try to get commitments and finalized lists from anyone that wants to participate since it will start a week from that day. In explanation of my game choices, I wasn't necessarily going for pure horror but more for games with a Halloween-like or spooky vibe. I took a second look at Deadly Tower of Monsters and Day of the Tentacle and I agree with you. I'll replace them when posting my "official" final list. I read Goosebumps books as a kid and it's full of Halloween nostalgia for me so I'm keeping that one in.

Edited by Toogie53

Updated games list so far (let me know if there are any problems with any titles):

Resident Evil 5

Resident Evil 6

Catherine

The Last of Us Remastered

The Evil Within

Slain: Back From Hell

Aragami

Murdered: Soul Suspect

The Order: 1866

Dead Synchronicity

Day Of The Tentacle Remastered

Grim Fandango Remastered

Until Dawn

I wanted to ask, how do you feel about adding to my list games like Xcom, i think they might be more science fiction than actually horror/terror, and what about Oddworld: Munch's Oddysee?

I havent completed my list since I may wait for some discount for halloween, i have games like RE: Revelations and Devil May Cry 1/2 that i already started but havent plat yet

@CjShai @RVMcypress_grave @ObliviousSenpai @ShakeNBake663 @Surge3Beast @Dav9834 @Dragon-Archon @voodoo_eyes @xMissFantasy @RizzleAbbey12 @tpepper1985 @Miles_Warren @MidnightCJ @Boss_Kowbel @Uchiha_Snake__ @harsly @MadDogProskelion @El_Shubi @Psy-Tychist 

Hey guys! You expressed interest in this thread, some of you even posted your lists of 13. I loosened up on some requirements so I think any of you can participate. Will you please post below with a list of three games to start? Once done, I'll add you in to the "WHO'S IN?" section and make it official. Thanks!!

Edited by Toogie53

3 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

@Toogie53 Not sure. I have a couple of horrors left on my backlog, some with platinum's, some without but not quite enough to get close to, or make it to 13. Finished a majority already, as you know lol

If you review the initial post now, you will I've loosened up my requirements. I'm still gunning for 13 but you can join with as little as 3. 

50 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

@CjShai @RVMcypress_grave @ObliviousSenpai @ShakeNBake663 @Surge3Beast @Dav9834 @Dragon-Archon @voodoo_eyes @xMissFantasy @RizzleAbbey12 @tpepper1985 @Miles_Warren @MidnightCJ @Boss_Kowbel @Uchiha_Snake__ @harsly @MadDogProskelion @El_Shubi @Psy-Tychist 

Hey guys! You expressed interest in this thread, some of you even posted your lists of 13. I loosened up on some requirements so I think any of you can participate. Will you please post below with a list of three games to start? Once done, I'll add you in to the "WHO'S IN?" section and make it official. Thanks!!

I might as well join in then. As I said, the only true horror game in my backlog is Outlast 2. But I do also have these games:

Outlast 2

Enigmastis 2: Mists of Ravenwood

Nightmares from the Deep

Nightmares from the Deep 2

Don't worry, I will be adding more challenging plats to the tournament. Once that Halloween sales starts I will buy more proper horror games.

• Like 1

@Toogie53 Haha :P I went through my games and surprisingly I found quite a few to potentially do. Not sure if some would qualify but when ever the Halloween sale is, might be something there I could pick up. A few of these have no platinum's BUT it would wipe them off of my backlog.

This is my actual list so far:

1. Claire

2. Costume Quest 2

3. Daylight

4. Deadlight

5. Dead Space

6. Dying Reborn

7. The Evil Within (No DLC.)

8. Kholat

9. Resident Evil

10. Salt and Sanctuary

11. Soma

12. Telltale The Walking Dead Season 3

13. White Night

Not sure if it would qualify list:

1. Alien Rage

2. Anna Extended Edition

3. Blood Knights

4. Destroy All Humans 2

5. I am Alive

Edited by xMissFantasy
Adding games. (List might be changed come the Halloween sale.)
  • Like 1

I want to join this as of right now I only have two games chosen. Silent Hill 2 and 3, I have access to PS Now so I will check their horror games. I would've added Lone Survivor but finished it a couple months back, I suggested you play it on your other Forum post!

aside from all that, what is your list of games, I didn't actually see what ones you have chosen. 

Edit: my third one will be Hotline Miami 2, its all about masks and dressing up as different characters so I think it fits the bill! 

Edited by bruin-rocks

@Toogie53, I'd love to join up! I was hoping that I'd still be able to join at some point and was holding out in case the requirements change so thank you! :D Here's my list of games:

1. Resident Evil

2. Resident Evil 0

3. Until Dawn

4. Alien: Isolation

5. The Evil Within

6. Kona

I'm going to see if there's any more in the upcoming sales and if I get anything, I'll add it to my list! I'm looking forward to starting! :) 

On 8/24/2017 at 2:12 PM, bruin-rocks said:

I want to join this as of right now I only have two games chosen. Silent Hill 2 and 3, I have access to PS Now so I will check their horror games. I would've added Lone Survivor but finished it a couple months back, I suggested you play it on your other Forum post!

aside from all that, what is your list of games, I didn't actually see what ones you have chosen. 

Edit: my third one will be Hotline Miami 2, its all about masks and dressing up as different characters so I think it fits the bill! 

Haha. I removed my list unintentionally when I reformatted the original post. I'm going to be trying for 13 actual platinum trophies, but there are several games I wanted to add to my list that don't have them, like SOMA, Kholat, Slender etc. But that is just my preference I'm not expecting anyone else to go for purely platinum trophies. I'm a little nervous because Gaming Bolt on youtube put my first two games in their list for the hardest trophies on PSN a couple days ago. I'm trying to avoid temptation to buy new games, but those bottom few on my list could be replaced if something cool goes on sale. 

Spoiler
  1. The Evil Within
  2. Alien: Isolation
  3. The Last of Us Remastered
  4. Resident Evil Remastered
  5. Lone Survivor
  6. Until Dawn
  7. Claire
  8. Oxenfree
  9. Amnesia Collection
  10. Grim Fandango
  11. Goosebumps
  12. Grim Legends: The Forgotten Bride
  13. Dying Reborn

On 8/24/2017 at 3:23 PM, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@Toogie53, I'd love to join up! I was hoping that I'd still be able to join at some point and was holding out in case the requirements change so thank you! :D Here's my list of games:

1. Resident Evil

2. Resident Evil 0

3. Until Dawn

4. Alien: Isolation

5. The Evil Within

6. Kona

I'm going to see if there's any more in the upcoming sales and if I get anything, I'll add it to my list! I'm looking forward to starting! :) 

Sweet! I'm glad you came back. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

Wow this event looks interesting! I'm In! :)

Here is my list that I'm shooting for!

1. Resident Evil 4

2. Until dawn

3.Nights of Azure

4. Demon Souls (Ps3)

5. Bloodbourne

6.Resident Evil 5

7. Resident Evil Revelations 2

8. Salt and Sanctuary 

9. How to Survive 2

10. Silent hill Downpour (Ps3)

11. Dead to rights Retribition (Ps3)

12. Last of Us Remastered 

13. Shadow of the Colossus (Ps3)

This Should be fun! Lol. I love zombies games! Psycho Horror Games not so much Haha! D: unless its Silent Hill lol. Let the games Begin! :D

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Hide contents
  1. The Evil Within
  2. Alien: Isolation
  3. The Last of Us Remastered
  4. Resident Evil Remastered
  5. Lone Survivor
  6. Until Dawn
  7. Claire
  8. Oxenfree
  9. Amnesia Collection
  10. Grim Fandango
  11. Goosebumps
  12. Grim Legends: The Forgotten Bride
  13. Zombi

So glad you picked Lone Survivor, I thought it was excelent and cant recommend it enough! The rest of your list looks strong too, I'm gonna add Amnesia Collection to my list as well so my list goes 

1.Silent Hill 2

2. Silent Hill 3

3. Hotline Miami 2

4. Amnesia Collection

5. to be chosen still 

I'm not the biggest fan of halloween anymore but this "event" has got me interested again! 

@Koolguy65 would you want to maybe work on How To Survive 2 together? Been looking for a co-op partner but no one seems interested. 

Edited by bruin-rocks
  • Like 1

I'm still very much in~ I'll only list four for now since school is a factor now, sadly. The ones I wanna do for sure are:

Resident Evil 4

Lone Survivor

Grim Fandango

Zero Time Dilemma

I'll probably plat two of them, plat P5 for my 20th plat milestone, then finish up the other two :)

• Like 1