The 13 Plats of Halloween

I've finished Dying Reborn today. It was interesting for the first little bit but by the end I couldn't wait to get it over with. If you use a guide it could be very fast (6 rooms 5-10 mins each) but I solved the puzzles without help so some rooms took me over an hour the kitchen might have been two. Freaking "Beck hid dike" what the hell kind of clue is that. Overall, I don't recommend since it's not a very enjoyable experience.

P.S. I've also updated the main thread for those that have earned trophies. 

Edited by Toogie53

18 hours ago, GlennRhee said:

Definitely glad I decided not to commit to White Day. I poked around a bit and it sounds like you're required to get every ending on every difficulty level to complete the ending collection. At least most of the grindy trophies can be done in an hour or so for everyone working towards that this event.

Sounds very grindy. Is it fun though?

3 hours ago, MadDogProskelion said:

Started with 'The Evil Within' and given my success rate with Chapter One. This is going to be a loooooooong event!! 

Its on my list too but I'm intimidated by it. I forgot to add your name to the list of participants. I got it corrected now. Sorry!

Edited by Toogie53

32 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Sounds very grindy. Is it fun though?

It is! I'm not the most unbiased opinion (I binge-watched playthroughs of the original when the unofficial fan translation came out a couple years ago), but I'm so happy to have it. Try and go in completely blind if you can, though, because it's far less scary once you know what all the ghosts are like.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

RE 4 is a good choice if you want other finished game to your list, and is an excellent game, if you havent played it you will enjoyed even more

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I think the one game everybody should play for this event if they haven't already is Until Dawn. It's an easy 1-2 day platinum, and it fits the theme perfectly.

I see you've played it already, though, so Danganronpa gets my vote. I have no idea what that is, so you can report back and tell us if it's any good. Plus, then you'll have two games in a row with "dang" in the title.

Sounds like an excuse to start them both up~ I only need three or four trophies for RE4 so if I'm diligent it shouldn't be the longest game on my list, but Danganronpa is a game I haven't even started sooooo it may take a while :D

7 hours ago, GlennRhee said:

I'm LOVING White Day. I watched playthroughs of the original back in the day, so it feels so surreal to have it in my hands. It's going to be an absolute nightmare to plat, though. Difficulty doesn't stack, and it sounds like you have to get every ending on every difficulty for the ending collection...which I desperately hope isn't true. Definitely pick it up if you haven't, though!

I bet it's surreal! I too watched playthroughs back in the day, so I'm really pumped to finally be able to try it out for myself. Right now money is a little tight so I'm not sure when exactly I'll be able to give it a shot, but I'm excited for sure.

• Like 1

I thought that since I had played through Alien Isolation and earned a lot of trophies before, that it would be a quick game for me for this event, but looking at the trophies, I need at least two full playthroughs! I think I could technically do it in one but I don't want to deal with getting all collectibles while also not dying even once on hard mode. Sounds like I'd spend just as much time reloading from saves over and over after being killed in hard mode. I'm already surprised that I didn't have the trophy from getting killed by the alien 100 times. I remember my first playthrough on normal last year being pretty rough. So the plan is to run through the game on easy mode getting all collectibles and then make it through hard mode. I think a couple more of you are playing it for this event. Let me know how you like it. This game gets my pulse up for sure. 

I finally got around to making the other border colors. Here they are if you were curious. 

borders.jpg

18 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Hey guys! I didn't make any progress today (I just wasn't feeling Halloweeny enough), but I was thinking about adding RE5 to my list and was wondering if anyone else would like to join me as a coop partner?

I don't own that one or I'd be game. 

• Like 4

On 02/09/2017 at 3:42 PM, MadDogProskelion said:

Started with 'The Evil Within' and given my success rate with Chapter One. This is going to be a loooooooong event!! 

Ouch! You really started the tournament off with a bang. Best of luck with that one.

I think my first plat of the event will be Neverwinter. It has orcs, werewolves, demons and other scary enemies. 

• Like 1

Sorry I'm late to the party. I wanted to join but was too lazy to make my list. Hopefully I could still join. 

1. Minecraft story mode

2. Plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 

3. Until dawn

4. Batman arkham knight

5. Mad max

6. Zombie driver hd

7. The last of us remastered

8. Dying Reborn ps vita

9. The evil within

10. Darksiders ps3

11. Megatagmension blac + Neptune vs zombies ps vita

12. How to survive 2

13. Goosebumbs 

If anyone is playing last of us remastered too send me a FR. That mp is grindy n would be more fun in party. 

8 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I finally got around to making the other border colors. Here they are if you were curious. 

borders.jpg

I don't own that one or I'd be game. 

Geez i want that Gold badge ?, I'm actually playing the original bioshock, I'll update my profile when my internet connections allows it ?, I beat the game last night but i think i screwed up the tonic collector trophy, I still have to finish in Max difficult wihtout dying and get the collectables... it's gonna be long i hope it will be done for the next week

On 9/2/2017 at 10:00 AM, Cassylvania said:

I think the one game everybody should play for this event if they haven't already is Until Dawn. It's an easy 1-2 day platinum, and it fits the theme perfectly.

Very much agreed. I do recommend skipping the use of any guides for the first playthru. It is best experienced at your own pace with no spoilers. Platinum clean up doesn't take long.

As for my progress, I already cleared out Stick of Truth except for the last trophy, I'll pop it when I have the #1337 milestone set up.  In the meantime, I decided to concentrate on trophy heavy platinums to speed up the milestone. Just finished Goosebumps and have Murdered lined up next. 

Edited by blu3st4rdust305

11 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

Ouch! You really started the tournament off with a bang. Best of luck with that one.

I think my first plat of the event will be Neverwinter. It has orcs, werewolves, demons and other scary enemies. 

I saw you were working on that one. How is the game. i've been curious about it .

8 hours ago, redcar200 said:

Sorry I'm late to the party. I wanted to join but was too lazy to make my list. Hopefully I could still join. 

1. Minecraft story mode

2. Plants vs zombies garden warfare 2 

3. Until dawn

4. Batman arkham knight

5. Mad max

6. Zombie driver hd

7. The last of us remastered

8. Dying Reborn ps vita

9. The evil within

10. Darksiders ps3

11. Megatagmension blac + Neptune vs zombies ps vita

12. How to survive 2

13. Goosebumbs 

If anyone is playing last of us remastered too send me a FR. That mp is grindy n would be more fun in party. 

What do you guys think? It's still pretty early on. 

Ahhh I would have totally joind in on this, never done anything like this before on here! :)

Shame I have already plat The Evil Within, always have 2 on October 13th to do though! I am actually in the middle of platting Dead Space and will be moving on to 2 after that. Shame there has been no news of a 4th Dead Space, I played the third one for 5 minutes and it just didn't feel right to me. Probably because of the co-op and open spaces versus being alone and on a ship with no idea with what's going on! 

3 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I don't mind another participant :)

Anyway, I'm adding P5 to my list. I decided to do a short plat to set up for #20 and it's not Halloween related, but P5 will probably be done soonish and I think P5 is dark enough to work :D

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

I saw you were working on that one. How is the game. i've been curious about it .

It's very good. I'm really enjoying it. This is my first MMORPG so I wasn't sure what I was getting myself into. Plus, I have no interest in Dungeons & Dragons so I was afraid that I would feel lost in the game. But, the game actually treats newcomers very well. My only complaint is that it does take a while to get used to the game mechanics as the game throws new information at you all the time very early on in the game. Unless you are experienced in MMORPG's, you might feel a little inundated with information at first. But practice and patience pays off in the end.

It is also the type of game you can play in small bursts if you are ever bored. The missions do be quite short but can be very rewarding in terms of XP and gear.I'd recommend it if you are on the fence about getting it. I mean it is a free game after all ;)

12 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Go for it. I don't think any of us have unlocked our first platinum of the tournament yet so he doesn't have much catching up to do.

34 minutes ago, xMissFantasy said:

Another one down: Salt and Sanctuary. Very VERY good game. I love everything about it and highly recommend it to anyone, especially Soulsborne players. 

Oooh! Congrats on that one and I'm glad to hear the recommendation for it. I've almost bought it a few times but talked myself out of it.

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Oooh! Congrats on that one and I'm glad to hear the recommendation for it. I've almost bought it a few times but talked myself out of it.

Thank you! It's definitely worth it, especially since you can couch co-op it with someone (which makes it infinitely more fun.) My boyfriend told me it was made by 2 people (a couple) and if that's true, they did a fenominal job. 

6 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Another one down: Salt and Sanctuary. Very VERY good game. I love everything about it and highly recommend it to anyone, especially Soulsborne players. 

Nice! Was not sure this game would fit the bill. Have it pending in my backlog, would make a nice addition to create a bit of variety in my list. 

Current state of list:

1) South Park: Stick of Truth (98%)

2) Diablo III: Reaper of Souls

3) Lone Survivor

4) Dying: Reborn

5) Goosebumps (Plat)

6) Kholat

7) Murdered: Soul Suspect (55%, in progress)

8) Grim Fandango

9) Salt & Sanctuary

10) Oxenfree

11) Dead Synchronicity

I might end up replacing Kholat with a full-on plat if options keep opening up.

Y'all think White Night would fit the theme? All I can gather is that it is a Noir mystery. Not sure how thrilling or supernatural it actually without playing it. Currently, it is sitting in my backlog.

Edited by blu3st4rdust305
Typo