The 13 Plats of Halloween

1 hour ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Y'all think White Night would fit the theme? All I can gather is that it is a Noir mystery. Not sure how thrilling or supernatural it actually without playing it. Currently, it is sitting in my backlog.

It says it's a survival horror game when I google it, so I say add it~

I see a lot of people are finalizing their list of games to enter in this tournament. I am waiting for that epic Halloween sale that is around the corner before I commit to anything. Here is a tentative list that might change depending on when the sale goes up. If anything goes up that interests me, then I will remove the easy Hidden Object games from the list (I want to challenge myself for this tournament). Anyway, here it goes:

Neverwinter

Outlast 2

The Bunker

Enigmatis 2: Mists of Ravenwood

Nightmares from the Deep

Nightmares from the Deep 2

Wolfenstein: the Old Blood

Batman: Arkham City

Batman: Arkham Knight

And....that's it. I only have 9 games so far. Yikes! I definitely need to buy more horror games. Roll on Halloween sale.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

I see a lot of people are finalizing their list of games to enter in this tournament. I am waiting for that epic Halloween sale that is around the corner before I commit to anything. Here is a tentative list that might change depending on when the sale goes up. If anything goes up that interests me, then I will remove the easy Hidden Object games from the list (I want to challenge myself for this tournament). Anyway, here it goes:

Neverwinter

Outlast 2

The Bunker

Enigmatis 2: Mists of Ravenwood

Nightmares from the Deep

Nightmares from the Deep 2

Wolfenstein: the Old Blood

Batman: Arkham City

Batman: Arkham Knight

And....that's it. I only have 9 games so far. Yikes! I definitely need to buy more horror games. Roll on Halloween sale.

I'm also eagerly awaiting a Halloween sale. I had enough games in my library but there would definitely be some I'm excited for. A couple of them, Little Nightmares and Dark Souls, are on sale this week although I don't think I can get them this week. My kids just went back to school, and I had to buy all sorts of supplies and a viola for the one joining orchestra. 

2 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I'm also eagerly awaiting a Halloween sale. I had enough games in my library but there would definitely be some I'm excited for. A couple of them, Little Nightmares and Dark Souls, are on sale this week although I don't think I can get them this week. My kids just went back to school, and I had to buy all sorts of supplies and a viola for the one joining orchestra. 

I'm thinking  to buy Scholar of The First Sin also, but even if I do i won't put it on my list since it requires you to spend quite a time for the plat ?

3 hours ago, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

I'm thinking  to buy Scholar of The First Sin also, but even if I do i won't put it on my list since it requires you to spend quite a time for the plat 1f610.png

Yeah, 80-100 hours for that one probably. I do already own Nioh and was considering putting that on my list but didn't for the same reason. I wanted to be realistic about my time with my choices. I picked a few longer ones and then the rest are shorter ones that I was interested in. I do have stuff to do occasionally, my kids want to the TV sometimes, and I don't want to piss my wife off either. :) 

Edited by Toogie53

I'm in the same boat as you guys. I'm waiting for a Halloween sale to determine what games I might end up playing, but we likely won't get such a sale until mid-October.

New releases are another problem. If White Day really requires beating the game on every difficulty multiple times, I might forego that in favor of a game with a little less suckage. I have no doubt that it's probably a decent title, but that kind of repetitiveness could ruin any game.

(By the way, Salt & Sanctuary is a great game, and a good alternative to those of you wanting a shorter Souls-esque experience for this event. I highly recommend a 2-handed build, though.)

• Like 1

Alright, I'll give White Night a shot. Tonight seems to be the best chance to clear it, being a Thursday and a full moon day.

I can always add or remove it from the list depending on how I feel about it upon playthru.

Still keeping options open for any good games that may come up on sale, but time will become a factor. That's how Oxenfree snuck on to the list. Plus, that theme is killer.

3 hours ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

Alright, I'll give White Night a shot. Tonight seems to be the best chance to clear it, being a Thursday and a full moon day.

I can always add or remove it from the list depending on how I feel about it upon playthru.

Still keeping options open for any good games that may come up on sale, but time will become a factor. That's how Oxenfree snuck on to the list. Plus, that theme is killer.

I kind of wish I had got the bundle with the theme, now that I've played the game. I tried to finish it last night, but I goofed up somewhere and wasted an entire playthrough! It's one of those that pop during the end credits and it just never happened. I like the game, but four playthroughs is not appealing. I kind of want to put it off but I know I'll be back at it tonight because I just want to check it off and move on. 

Edited by Toogie53

@ShakeNBake663 Lol. I have to get my backlog down. This event is helping me with that.. just a bit.:P 

@Miles_Warren Noooeee! D: haha. I'm not trying to out-do anyone or anything. Just have a lot of time on my hands till I start a new job. I have faith that you (and everyone else participating) can finish, plus I like to try and motivate others. :) 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

@ShakeNBake663 Lol. I have to get my backlog down. This event is helping me with that.. just a bit.:P 

@Miles_Warren Noooeee! D: haha. I'm not trying to out-do anyone or anything. Just have a lot of time on my hands till I start a new job. I have faith that you (and everyone else participating) can finish, plus I like to try and motivate others. :) 

She's killing it indeed ? I envy you for having all that time, my work takes the best of me lol and this weekend is my birthday ? so I'll try to stay up til late at night today and give a decent progress on Bioshock, I believe many of us can catch up with you once we start playing some easy indie games ?

• Like 1

Friday update!

The Escapists: TWD is ready to platinum. I left an easy but very fitting trophy for last. I also completed both playthroughs of Metro: Last Light, but I have all the challenge levels left to do.

Perhaps my biggest update is that I defeated Spooky Squash (on the hardest difficulty) in Plants vs. Zombies: GW2. Not one of my 13 spooks, but it fit the theme perfectly.

Now for some pumpkin pie.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 1

@xMissFantasy is killing it for sure. But what's killing me is two full playthroughs of Oxenfree where I complete the requirements for Matchmaker and its not popping! I haven't heard of anyone else having the issue. My daughter using the same PS4 as me has gotten it. So weird! I deleted the game and my save file and redownloaded. I'm about halfway through my FIFTH playthrough. ugh!! I like the game just fine, but it's worn out it's welcome with me and I'll be glad to move on. If it doesn't pop this time, I don't know what I'm going to do about it. 

3 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

@xMissFantasy is killing it for sure. But what's killing me is two full playthroughs of Oxenfree where I complete the requirements for Matchmaker and its not popping! I haven't heard of anyone else having the issue. My daughter using the same PS4 as me has gotten it. So weird! I deleted the game and my save file and redownloaded. I'm about halfway through my FIFTH playthrough. ugh!! I like the game just fine, but it's worn out it's welcome with me and I'll be glad to move on. If it doesn't pop this time, I don't know what I'm going to do about it. 

Can't you just save your game in a pen-drive so you can try it again without having to start the whole game?

Just now, Uchiha_Snake__ said:

Can't you just save your game in a pen-drive so you can try it again without having to start the whole game?

I hadn't heard of anyone having trophy glitches in this game so I wasn't thinking about backing up saves etc. The first time, I thought it was a fluke and maybe I had messed it up. The characters in game said that they were dating (which is what the trophy description says is the goal), but they weren't hugging in the epilogue photo. The trophy pops during the epilogue and my daughter had told me they were hugging when she got the trophy. So last night, I read a guide beforehand and made sure to do all the particular things to improve their relationship and they were hugging in the photo and the epilogue talked about how they were still together blah blah blah. But no trophy again. I've had this problem in another indie game and was able to contact the dev guy who suggested deleting the save and the next time I did that trophy it popped. So that's what I went for this time, I will be backing up my save along the way though.

7 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

You should count Destroy All Humans 2, Dying Reborn, Daylight and Salt and Sanctuary as your 4th platinum or 100% of the tourney. You completed them all from September 1st when the tournament began. 1f601.png

Honestly, I do want to change a couple of games on my list. Those were the only ones I thought (at the time) would fit the bill. If @Toogie53 will allow me to change it, then I'd add Destroy All Humans! 2 and take off 2-3 that would get replaced. 

Edit: I just remembered I finished DAH2 just before midnight at the end of August. So technically, I can't count it >.< 

Edited by xMissFantasy

3 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Honestly, I do want to change a couple of games on my list. Those were the only ones I thought (at the time) would fit the bill. If @Toogie53 will allow me to change it, then I'd add Destroy All Humans! 2 and take off 2-3 that would get replaced. 

Edit: I just remembered I finished DAH2 just before midnight at the end of August. So technically, I can't count it >.< 

Oh yeah no worries. Change away.

So for everyone: If you feel like changing things around, post a new list whenever and I'll update the original post where I'm tracking things.

When I was asking for commitments, I wanted games lists mostly to know which games were counting as your Halloween games. I'm playing a couple random things myself, like Overwatch, that aren't part of this; so even if I manage to plat it, it's not going to be counted on my list. I'm assuming you guys aren't all Halloween, all the time too. I want to swap games in or out depending on what goes on sale myself, like Dark Souls 2 right now. Also, so far, I'm not into The Last of Us' multiplayer. I need to give it more of a chance, but if it doesn't grow on me, I might put something else in and do the TLOU slowly over time. I'm fine with any of you making those same kinds of decisions. 

Edited by Toogie53

@Toogie53 Awesome. :) I'll keep going with what I originally posted for now. 

Dark Souls 2 is pretty good but for the pyro/hex/miracle/sorceries trophies in scholar of the first sin, you have to play some of the dlc. There's only one you have to fully complete for a spell and it's kind of tough. Not trying to swade you away from it, just a bit of a heads up. As for TLoU, the online is kind of difficult to do, especially the journeys but the SP campaign is such an amazing experience. Bioshock is a great choice though.