The 13 Plats of Halloween

14 hours ago, GlennRhee said:

Can I sneak in with a last-minute entry? It's still August where I am.

1. Costume Quest 2
  2. The Walking Dead: Michonne
  3. Severed

I'm tentative about White Day...I'll be playing it, but I'm not ready to commit to platting it by the end of October. I'll come back and add more games as I dig through my backlog, though.

Yep! You're in. I only expect the commitment to three games so no problem :D

11 hours ago, xMissFantasy said:

Welp, I finished Destroy All Humans! 2, 24 minutes before midnight and just in time to start the event. ;) 

I am going to be away for a week but I will still be able to do some gaming. Also, I (think) I'll be starting my new job in the next 2 weeks (not 100% on that yet) but I will do my best to finish 13 games by the end of the event. Would be nice to have that sweet ass (platinum) badge in my sig!??

I finished Letter Quest Remastered last night. I have a few things in progress that I'm leaving behind for a bit, but oh well. 

9 hours ago, DoctorDrPepper said:

Hey if it's not to late to join, I really like this idea. I'd love to get in on this.

off the top of my head I've always wanted to try Cotume Quest and Costume Quest 2 but never got around to getting them. Same with the two SAW games because I love those movies. Those 4 would be my jumping off point and I bet I could easily come up with another nine games before Halloween.

is it too late to get in?

Nope, you weren't too late. You can be in too. Also, I'm drinking Dr. Pepper as i'm typing right now. 

7 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Wow it's the first of September already!? :o August went by fast! I'm so excited for this event! :lol: I'm going to make a start on my games then but I think what I'll do is play the story in each of them first, as I don't want to miss out on any games this year as that always happens to me, and then I'll go back and platinum them!

That's a good plan. I'm relatively new to trophy hunting but I like to play through games first and then follow-up with the hunt. But, I do check for missable trophies before starting games now. 

• Like 2

@Toogie53, great minds think alike as I do that as well! On that note, I'm going to add Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 to my list as I'd consider it spooky and all with the Heartless enemies. I've always thought they look quite creepy and a little scary haha. Kingdom Hearts 2 also has a Halloween Town were you have to go to in the story so that will be fun. Here's my full list:

• Resident Evil
  • Resident Evil 0
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts 2

I may add more to my list but I think these will be enough to see me through to November! :) 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

@Toogie53, great minds think alike as I do that as well! On that note, I'm going to add Kingdom Hearts and Kingdom Hearts 2 to my list as I'd consider it spooky and all with the Heartless enemies. I've always thought they look quite creepy and a little scary haha. Kingdom Hearts 2 also has a Halloween Town were you have to go to in the story so that will be fun. Here's my full list:

• Resident Evil
  • Resident Evil 0
  • Alien: Isolation
  • Kingdom Hearts
  • Kingdom Hearts 2

I may add more to my list but I think these will be enough to see me through to November! :) 

I've only played the original on PS2 but I remember feeling like it was lengthy and there were secret bosses that whipped my butt even after I was able to beat the game. Also, I'm pretty sure Halloween Town is featured in the first game as well. I remember being there and like I said, I've only played the one. 

• Like 1

Just now, Toogie53 said:

I've only played the original on PS2 but I remember feeling like it was lengthy and there were secret bosses that whipped my butt even after I was able to beat the game. Also, I'm pretty sure Halloween Town is featured in the first game as well. I remember being there and like I said, I've only played the one. 

Yeah, I've played the first two Kingdom Hearts games as well on PS2 but I can't really remember what happens in it, so I'm looking forward to getting into it again and discovering a new favourite series! :P If there is one in the first one then that's even better so I hope there is as I enjoyed playing the Halloween Town story, although I've never watched the film the characters are out of.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, RizzleAbbey12 said:

Yeah, I've played the first two Kingdom Hearts games as well on PS2 but I can't really remember what happens in it, so I'm looking forward to getting into it again and discovering a new favourite series! :P If there is one in the first one then that's even better so I hope there is as I enjoyed playing the Halloween Town story, although I've never watched the film the characters are out of.

I like it quite a bit, but prepared if you watch it. It's a musical. 

• Like 1

North America has a sale in celebration of PAX, and there are some great games on there that could fit this theme!

Spoiler

PS4:

BLOODBORNE $7.99

CRYPT OF THE NECRODANCER $2.99

DEAD ISLAND DEFINITIVE EDITION $7.99

DEAD ISLAND: RETRO REVENGE $1.99

DEAD ISLAND: RIPTIDE DEFINITIVE EDITION $7.99 

OUTLAST $5.99

OXENFREE $4.99 

SKULLGIRLS 2ND ENCORE $9.99

SLAIN: BACK FROM HELL $4.49

SLENDER: THE ARRIVAL $2.49

PS3:

CATHERINE $4.99

SKULLGIRLS ENCORE $1.99 

VITA:

CRYPT OF THE NECRODANCER $2.99

SKULLGIRLS 2ND ENCORE $9.99

SLAIN: BACK FROM HELL $4.49

If you attempt Skullgurls 2nd Encore or Catherine... Good luck and my hat's off to ya :P

I started Grim Fandango today! Almost done with Year 1, it's a charming little game but I am haaaaaating the tank controls trophy right about now D; I'm also considering adding P5 to my list, since personas are basically demons and demons are creepy :D

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 3

Definitely glad I decided not to commit to White Day. I poked around a bit and it sounds like you're required to get every ending on every difficulty level to complete the ending collection. At least most of the grindy trophies can be done in an hour or so for everyone working towards that this event.

• Like 1

I just finished Residen Evil Revelations, a game that was in my backlog for ages cuz Im lazy lol, the halloween feel changed that ?  https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/1956-resident-evil-revelations/Uchiha_Snake__ 

Can you make something to record our progress during the event? Idk some stats like the ones people do in the project platinums:3

• Like 3

First game is done: Dying Reborn :) I know I'll probably end up messing with my list so I can balance it out with work (and I'm sure the upcoming Halloween sale can and probably will replace some) but I'll stick to what is there for now. I know I can get at least half of them done.

Have fun everyone! Get those backlogs down haha :P 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, blu3st4rdust305 said:

The PAX sale does have a few good options, might add Oxenfree and maybe Dead Island: Riptide if I can find a good co-op partner.

I highly recommend Oxenfee. It's a fun little indie that has a pretty easy trophy list. Each playthrough probably only takes 2-4 hours depending on how much you explore, so don't let the multiple endings thing scare you away from giving it a shot :D

I just finished Year 2 in Grim Fandango. I'm using a walkthrough though, cuz I'm already being forced to use tank controls lol. I may finish it up tonight depending on how I'm feeling~

Edited by ShakeNBake663

20 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

I highly recommend Oxenfee. It's a fun little indie that has a pretty easy trophy list. Each playthrough probably only takes 2-4 hours depending on how much you explore, so don't let the multiple endings thing scare you away from giving it a shot :D

I just finished Year 2 in Grim Fandango. I'm using a walkthrough though, cuz I'm already being forced to use tank controls lol. I may finish it up tonight depending on how I'm feeling~

I really wanted to like Grim Fandango, but the obscure puzzles annoyed me. It's definitely more enjoyable if you're using a walkthrough, because the story is by far the best part.

I'm kicking ass on The Escapists: The Walking Dead. Though I feel maybe I should've watched the show first...?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cassylvania said:

I really wanted to like Grim Fandango, but the obscure puzzles annoyed me. It's definitely more enjoyable if you're using a walkthrough, because the story is by far the best part.

Yeah, whenever I read a puzzle solution I laugh to myself since I know for a fact that I wouldn't get far without a walkthrough. I do think the walkthrough is making the playthrough more fun, but then the tank controls are a thing. I like the game, but honestly playing through it is kinda reminding me why this genre isn't exactly popular anymore.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Be careful with the grinder puzzle at the beginning of year 4. There's a gamebreaking bug that forces you to reload an old save if you do things in a certain order. I'm pretty sure it's unique to the PS4/Vita versions, so if you're following an older walkthrough, it might not make mention of it.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, GlennRhee said:

Be careful with the grinder puzzle at the beginning of year 4. There's a gamebreaking bug that forces you to reload an old save if you do things in a certain order. I'm pretty sure it's unique to the PS4/Vita versions, so if you're following an older walkthrough, it might not make mention of it.

Oh god, thanks for the warning. The walkthrough I'm using doesn't seem to mention it, do you mind directing me as to where I can find out more? :o

6 minutes ago, GlennRhee said:

Here's a thread about it! It happened to me and it's...a nightmare, haha.

Thank you! How... Oddly specific lol. I hope they've patched it out since then, but I'm not taking my chances :P

Also, are you enjoying White Day? :)

Edited by ShakeNBake663

Finished Grim Fandango! And right before it hit midnight over here! My plat count is officially up to one~

I'm having trouble picking my next game, though. Not sure if I should 100% RE4, plat Lone Survivor, or even play one that I didn't list, Danganronpa... I may play more than one at a time... Opinions are welcome~

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Finished Grim Fandango! And right before it hit midnight over here! My plat count is officially up to one~

I'm having trouble picking my next game, though. Not sure if I should 100% RE4, plat Lone Survivor, or even play one that I didn't list, Danganronpa... I may play more than one at a time... Opinions are welcome~

RE 4 is a good choice if you want other finished game to your list, and is an excellent game, if you havent played it you will enjoyed even more

8 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

Thank you! How... Oddly specific lol. I hope they've patched it out since then, but I'm not taking my chances :P

Also, are you enjoying White Day? :)

Haha yeah, it's better to just do it in that specific order the first time.

I'm LOVING White Day. I watched playthroughs of the original back in the day, so it feels so surreal to have it in my hands. It's going to be an absolute nightmare to plat, though. Difficulty doesn't stack, and it sounds like you have to get every ending on every difficulty for the ending collection...which I desperately hope isn't true. Definitely pick it up if you haven't, though!

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ShakeNBake663 said:

I think the one game everybody should play for this event if they haven't already is Until Dawn. It's an easy 1-2 day platinum, and it fits the theme perfectly.

I see you've played it already, though, so Danganronpa gets my vote. I have no idea what that is, so you can report back and tell us if it's any good. Plus, then you'll have two games in a row with "dang" in the title.