Angry at this game

grayyyyyyyyyyyyy

I'm pretty upset at this game.

Twenty hours into it (Trying to beat the game for the NCR trophies), I go to the lucky 38 presidential suite to switch companions. Before I save, I decided to kill Victor, thinking that if he's gone, I will only have to touch the elevator to go up floors instead of him (When Mr. House is dead, Victor disappears and you can just touch the elevator to go up floors). Then, I make the mistake of going to sleep which I have set up on auto-save. When I get up and approach the elevator, I cannot leave the room. I wait a couple days, hoping that Victor's body will disappear and the elevator will work. Guess what, it didn't. Basically, I glitches myself to death and will die in the presidential suite, just as Cassim died in the treasure vault of the forty theives.

The worst part is that I didn't hard save at any point, meaning that now I have to start the entire game over. In the end, it's my fault, but I'm just in the mood to vent.

• Like 2

I turned off all auto saves on FO3 and manually saved every ten to fifteen minutes. Especially towards the end of the game where my save file got past 10mb. I kept multiple saves too. I mean it was to the point where most people would say that I went overboard. I always imagined that FONV would be more of the same so I never bothered with it.

I turned off all auto saves on FO3 and manually saved every ten to fifteen minutes. Especially towards the end of the game where my save file got past 10mb. I kept multiple saves too. I mean it was to the point where most people would say that I went overboard. I always imagined that FONV would be more of the same so I never bothered with it.

Pretty much the same game. It has a better story, more weapons, but far less freedom.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

Sorry to hear that happen, I use autosave for when I travel, rest, and sleep, every other time I manually save, especially when trying to solve a puzzle that will kill you if you get it wrong (have had this happen multiple times (in other games as well)). My biggest complaint about the game so far is that mine will freeze after a few hours of continuous gameplay (190+ hrs of game time so far) and no platinum trophy for the game just yet.

Man, that sucks! Sorry that happened to you. I remember something similar happening to me on Prototype 2. I got through about a good 80% of the game and did a few of the challenges on the last island. When I was ready to move on to completing the remainder of the story missions, they had complete disappeared. In my case, I did manually save but that actually worked against me as I hadn't noticed exactly when the missions disappeared from my map and was stuck with 2 save files with them gone.

Needless to say, I had to start all over but it wasn't too difficult to just speed through the game...if I didn't think the game was as awesome as it was, I never would have done so or at least not that soon. But playing an open world RPG like Fallout, yeah that's a real pain in the butt to start all over from :(

I like the fallout games but they are bugged to hell I've had to start over or go way back to earlier saves on far too many occassions I'm just glad I waited for the full editions and at reduced price because you can seriously lose so much time spent on these games that they're not worth full price in my eyes. A good mix of multiple manual saves and auto save is the best way if you ask me. I make saves after most big story events or other long quests and set auto save only to after resting and it usually gives me a good selection of options when things screw up.

Man that sucks... I've never lost a save in Either fallout 3 or New Vegas... Even after my first ps3 died... I was still, miraculously able to recover my saves... and carry on when I got my new ps3.... I've played through both multiple times... If you do intend to start over... Make 2 saves at least. To be sure you never accidentally screw yourself again.

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I'm pretty upset at this game.

Twenty hours into it (Trying to beat the game for the NCR trophies), I go to the lucky 38 presidential suite to switch companions. Before I save, I decided to kill Victor, thinking that if he's gone, I will only have to touch the elevator to go up floors instead of him (When Mr. House is dead, Victor disappears and you can just touch the elevator to go up floors). Then, I make the mistake of going to sleep which I have set up on auto-save. When I get up and approach the elevator, I cannot leave the room. I wait a couple days, hoping that Victor's body will disappear and the elevator will work. Guess what, it didn't. Basically, I glitches myself to death and will die in the presidential suite, just as Cassim died in the treasure vault of the forty theives.

The worst part is that I didn't hard save at any point, meaning that now I have to start the entire game over. In the end, it's my fault, but I'm just in the mood to vent.

You will get over, try to switch up your playstyle in order to spice it up.

• 1 year later...
  • 11 months later...

I'm taking all of these posts in for advanced knowledge on my current first playthru. 'course, I'm playing this game straight...on the level...trying not to be a bad guy...no back-stabbing or plot twisting. I always like to play the good guy on the initial run...that way I can be extra evil on the second one, if there is one (i.e. inFAMOUS).