Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

18 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I say, if you can get it for free, give it a shot for an easy platinum. Otherwise, leave this game as driftwood.

I bought this game on another account, so I will probably try it. :)

I also forgot to warn you about Word Search: POWGI. While the puzzles are easier, there are a LOT of them. 324 of them to be precise. With each word search having an average of 20 words to find and sometimes have to find words written backwards, it will take an average of six minutes each, and that really adds up. I am barely over 50% done.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 2

10 hours ago, Spaz said:

What avatar is that DragonQuest? 

Looks like an old NES game, though with all these nostalgic indie games these days it could be something else.

It is in a way. It's actually from the Dragon Warrior III remake on Gameboy color, which I play on my PC. (Not telling how I emulate it because I don't want to be slammed in this forum for discussing emulation as most emulation sites are getting shut down by Nintendo nowadays. :|) It's an image of the male hero, he gets the chance to be king of Romaly after returning a stolen crown to the king, that's his kingly attire. I thought it would make a great avatar. :)

@Cassylvania, do you do commissions?

2018-09-06-223605.jpg

This is a rough draft of a picture I wanted to do for my Fall Backlog challenge games. If you won't help me with the drawing, at least give me some motivational support. I don't know if I can ask anyone in my family to do the drawing for me as I think I'm the only one who cares about drawing stuff.

The drawing is a costume party for Halloween. The images I've finished are:

• LEFT: The Builder from Dragon Quest Builders, who is dressed as Luigi, putting up a Dracky ornament while Pippa, dressed as Daisy, is upset because he wants to build instead of dance with her. xD
  • BOTTOM: Rock Man from Dragon Fantasy II. I plan on having Ogden, dressed as Proto Man, next to him.
  • RIGHT: A treat table. Mesmeroth from Oceanhorn is drinking from the punchbowl while Drippy(Ni no Kuni, who is dressed as Tingle) yells at him.

I am planning on having these images added:

• TOP: Chase McCain, in his robber outfit, sneaking behind the table to sneak some snacks from the snack bowls.
  • BOTTOM RIGHT: Oliver(dressed as Link) and Esther(dressed as Princess Zelda) dancing.
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

@Cassylvania, do you do commissions?

Unfortunately, I do not. I don't even have the time to do a drawing for my games during this event! But I'll be happy to provide feedback and motivation.

So, the picture you showed is a bit blurry, but it looks like it's coming along. I like the costume idea. One thing I've learned from doing these before is that I often try to do too much, which I think hurts the overall picture. For example, on my Summer Camp picture (which I guess I'll just link below, since I haven't showed it in this topic yet), I spent way too much time on the background. I wish I had just picked a handful of characters and drew them side by side, because the whole perspective thing took more time than I think it was worth. Something to consider, if you're planning to do a lot with the background or color the picture.

If you're just starting out, I'd suggest picking two or three characters (say, The Builder and Pippa), and making the main focus of the picture. The other characters can just be in the background, or not there at all. I think that'll help you to get a lot less frustrated with the drawing when it comes to doing the final lineart.

Hf4EDv7.png

• Like 2

Okay, thanks for the support. I know you made that picture for the camp event so it was a special occasion. ;)

I'll take your advice to heart. I might redo the picture and try some of the stuff you mentioned. Thanks for the help! If you want to visit my checklist thread and comment or tear apart my list, feel free to. ^_^ Already working on the last Las Vegas picture and hope to get the Las Vegas trophy. I doubt I am going to get the platinum until 2020. Checking the list of pictures, there seem to be 10 pictures average per page. I got the Japan trophy already.

Once I get this platinum I am deleting this game from my Vita. These games should have been better off on the Switch, where there are no trophies and you can just solve the puzzles at your own pace.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I'll take your advice to heart. I might redo the picture and try some of the stuff you mentioned. Thanks for the help! If you want to visit my checklist thread and comment or tear apart my list, feel free to. ^_^ Already working on the last Las Vegas picture and hope to get the Las Vegas trophy. I doubt I am going to get the platinum until 2020. Checking the list of pictures, there seem to be 10 pictures average per page. I got the Japan trophy already.

Once I get this platinum I am deleting this game from my Vita. These games should have been better off on the Switch, where there are no trophies and you can just solve the puzzles at your own pace.

I didn't know you had a checklist thread for this account. I can't seem to find it. But I know what games you're playing -- they're the same ones you've already finished!

And speaking of finishing games...

Platinum #130 - Iron Crypticle

1L05c997.png

Yeah, I know. "What the hell is that?" Well, it's a retro top-down twin stick shooter rouguelike kind of game. It's actually pretty good. It's easy enough that you can platinum it in a few days, but challenging enough that you won't get bored. Plus, it's four-player arcade style, so you can play with your friends/family/pets/hostages. Not really necessary for the platinum, though.

I'd recommend it if you see it on sale for under $5. It'll kill a weekend, without killing friendships!

Unlike Mario Party. Which ensures you'll be walking through life alone.

MY SHADOW'S THE ONLY ONE THAT WALKS BESIDE ME, MY SHALLOW HEART'S THE ONLY THING THAT'S BEATING

SOMETIMES I WISH SOMEONE OUT THERE WOULD FIND ME, 'TIL THEN I WALK ALONE

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I didn't know you had a checklist thread for this account. I can't seem to find it. But I know what games you're playing -- they're the same ones you've already finished!

Did it get bumped down to Page 2 again? ? Click on the link below to go to my checklist thread.

Rydia % link

38 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Unlike Mario Party. Which ensures you'll be walking through life alone.

Super Mario Party is hopefully going to rectify this with its co-op mode, but I don't know. They failed with Mario Party 9 and 10 which forced you to work as a team by sticking everyone into a car... :(

I might look into this if it's as easy as you say. Right now I have to help Harry Potter defeat Voldemort. *sigh*

• Like 1

I finished up Shantae last night. I have to say...that was one of the best games I've played in a long time. I really wish I had saved at least one of the trophies for a milestone since the artwork and names are so good. My personal favorite is Prefectionist. There really is nothing to complain about with it. The music, artwork, gameplay and script are top notch. It was pretty hard too. My biggest challenge was the no damage run against the Squid Baron...I probably spent an hour or so on that fight alone. The last dungeon was also quite challenging and I'll admit the urge to throw my controller on more than one occasion. I will definitely be playing HGH at some point. Great recommendation and great guide!

Next up I will be returning to my good friend Batman for a spell. I have two weeks to finish this game for the spelling bee, which shouldn't be a problem since I did it in about four days the first time. I was home on paternity leave though then so I had a lot of free time so we'll see how long it extends with a work schedule and two kids that require attention :)

Big games today for both our teams! It looks like Rodgers will be playing. I'm hoping to be able to watch both games since the Pats are on at 4:25 today in Jacksonville. I don't have a good feeling about the Pats today but I think the Vikings are going to win. I don't think Rodgers will be able to make it through the whole game with how good your defense is. I hope so since I love to see good football, but the Vikings D is pretty suffocating and I just think he'll re-aggravate it. Happy Sunday!

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Briste said:

I finished up Shantae last night. I have to say...that was one of the best games I've played in a long time. I really wish I had saved at least one of the trophies for a milestone since the artwork and names are so good. My personal favorite is Prefectionist. There really is nothing to complain about with it. The music, artwork, gameplay and script are top notch. It was pretty hard too. My biggest challenge was the no damage run against the Squid Baron...I probably spent an hour or so on that fight alone. The last dungeon was also quite challenging and I'll admit the urge to throw my controller on more than one occasion. I will definitely be playing HGH at some point. Great recommendation and great guide!

I think the Shantae games have the best trophy images of any series out there. I have four of them as milestones, but I didn't do a Graet Jobb (ha, ha) of planning them out. Nothing but a shade... is the coolest image, I think, and I'm glad I got it for 2k, but I fucked up pretty big with 2.5k. I can't remember what I was going for, but the one I got was by mistake. But what really upsets me is that I platinumed the game as #41, not realizing that platinum #40 would someday be a permanent milestone (for reasons I still don't understand). Very frustrating stuff.

I noticed you were trying to do all the no damage runs on your first playthrough. It would've been so much easier if you had waited until Pirate Mode was unlocked! That cannon jump is invaluable for some of those fights...

HGH is much, much easier.

11 minutes ago, Briste said:

Big games today for both our teams! It looks like Rodgers will be playing. I'm hoping to be able to watch both games since the Pats are on at 4:25 today in Jacksonville. I don't have a good feeling about the Pats today but I think the Vikings are going to win. I don't think Rodgers will be able to make it through the whole game with how good your defense is. I hope so since I love to see good football, but the Vikings D is pretty suffocating and I just think he'll re-aggravate it. Happy Sunday!

Could be previews of the AFC/NFC Championship games. I expect Rodgers to play every snap, even if he's in a wheelchair. It's THAT big of a game.

Unfortunately, I'm stuck watching the Browns again. The GOOD news is that I actually feel they have a chance. Yes, they're playing Drew Brees. Yes, they're playing in New Orleans. Yes, they couldn't even beat the Steelers at home with six turnovers, and the last time they won a game was 83 platinums ago, but I BELIEVE. If, at the end of this day, the Saints are 0-2 (or even 0-1-1), I will be jubilant. (Realistically, I know they're going to lose 40-7.)

Well, maybe I'll cook some food and knock out a few Philuzzles. I'm at a crossroads now. I need to platinum my C game next. The problem is, I rented Code: Realize ~Bouquet of Rainbows~ (yes, I think those tildes are part of the title), and it was...ugh. I know it's a spam-X-to-platinum kind of game, but I really wanted to enjoy the storyline, and I just couldn't. Felt like I was playing an erotic novel. (A PG-rated one, but still.) We'll let Root Letter remain as the only true VN on my profile, because THAT was a good game. Two of the storylines anyway. The dark ones. That ended darkly. Darkly dark dark.

I have two other ideas for a C game, but one doesn't fit any of the Halloween categories, and the other is too expensive. I'm going to have to decide which is more valuable: my money or my time.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

Nothing but a shade... is the coolest image, I think, and I'm glad I got it for 2k, but I fucked up pretty big with 2.5k. I can't remember what I was going for, but the one I got was by mistake. But what really upsets me is that I platinumed the game as #41, not realizing that platinum #40 would someday be a permanent milestone (for reasons I still don't understand). Very frustrating stuff.

I'm less than 100 trophies from 3000 and I easily could have done Batman first and one of my quicker Halloween games to get me in striking distance to use one of Shantae's. I'm not sure yet what I want to use yet. I'll have to look at my Halloween lineup and see what is available.

I noticed you were trying to do all the no damage runs on your first playthrough. It would've been so much easier if you had waited until Pirate Mode was unlocked! That cannon jump is invaluable for some of those fights...

After I got the cannon, I realized that would have been very helpful... however outside of the Squid Baron, none of them took me more than 10 tries. Once I got the pattern of attacks down, it wasn't too bad. It was nice though not to have to worry about it in my speed run. I did the any% run in about an hour and 47 minutes. Being able to get the health upgrades really let me be a little reckless getting through stuff.

the last time they won a game was 83 platinums ago

This made me lol

I'm going to have to decide which is more valuable: my money or my time.

What if I told you they are the same thing! Generally for me it's my time, but with how expensive games are... money is starting to play a bigger role. I'd probably just do Code if the trophy list isn't forever long.

• Like 2

On 9/14/2018 at 7:58 AM, Cassylvania said:

Soccer, huh? Or, as we call it in the States, real football. (Actually, I think that's just me.)

Eh no, it's just you, unless you're not European. Only in Europe would you call soccer by the term 'football.' Here in good old AMERICA, football is actually what the Europeans call rugby, you know, the sport where people wear helmets and is hugely male-dominated with giant ogre of men bashing into each other. To be honest, I think I like 'futball'(which is how you pronounce it) over 'football'.

On 9/14/2018 at 7:58 AM, Cassylvania said:

watching the Browns play meaningless games while I question my decision to finally cut cable.

Trust me, you can live without cable. Youtube is getting more and more complex and you could always subscribe to Hulu. ^_^ (To be honest, my dad and mom were talking about reinstating cable in my house and while I would love to tune into Food Network again for Halloween, I am not paying extra for a bunch of channels I will never touch.)

On 9/14/2018 at 9:26 AM, Cassylvania said:

Anyway, just finished another Philuzzle. The soulless-eyed vagabond has carted me off to Mexico now. I thought I was making a beautiful flower, but instead it turned out to be a red knee tarantula, and Phil is WAY too happy about that fact. It's like he's celebrating dropping a venomous spider on my head. Just for that, I might stick his ass under Arachnophobia, because that was a horrifying realization.

I just finished the Las Vegas part. I've decided: I am going to keep playing Fill-A-Pix and nothing else on my Vita until I get that damn platinum so I can delete the game from my Vita. It's been rotting too long in my device. If I keep bashing the buttons I should be able to get the remaining eight trophies for clearing the rest of the puzzles. ?

On 9/16/2018 at 8:09 AM, Briste said:

My biggest challenge was the no damage run against the Squid Baron...I probably spent an hour or so on that fight alone.

I figured that out in a few runs - use the hat to fly over him the instant he charges. Squid Baron is a scrub, which is why he's my favorite villain. :D

On 9/16/2018 at 8:09 AM, Briste said:

The last dungeon was also quite challenging and I'll admit the urge to throw my controller on more than one occasion.

I used an out-of-bounds glitch that I discovered while watching speedruns to skip all of the final dungeon challenges and just get to the final boss. Damn Pirate Master can't make me do his stupid challenges!

On 9/16/2018 at 8:52 AM, Cassylvania said:

Well, maybe I'll cook some food and knock out a few Philuzzles

You're actually farther ahead than I am with two trophies ahead of me. I still only have Japan and Las Vegas 100%. First things first:

(1) Platinum LEGO Harry Potter Years 1-4 to get it as my 55th platinum.

(2) Platinum Word Search POWGI even if I have to spend the rest of the day doing word searches so I can delete it. The puns are real. :(

(3) Try to complete the damn story mode on LEGO Harry Potter Years 5-7 at least.

Then I will try to get more Philpuzzles complete. I am working on Egypt next since it only has eight puzzles in it.

May I recommend...

On 9/16/2018 at 0:40 PM, Jens said:

I'm smelling Cat Quest.

DAMMIT JENS. :(

I know it's not a Trophophobia game, Cassy, but you said your time and money are valuable and this game is good at both. There is a speedrun for this game on Games Done Quick and it's under $10.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 2

It's like kissing your cousin!

I needed a full day to process what just happened. It's very difficult being both a Vikings and a Browns fan, and it disgusts me that kicking is STILL an issue for a team that was one game away from a Super Bowl. This isn't 2013 anymore. When Blair Walsh missed that field goal in the playoffs oh so many years ago, I just kinda shrugged and moved on with my life, because nobody but me expected them to beat the Seahawks anyway. But this is different. This is a championship-caliber team who put their trust in a rookie kicker, and it nearly (?) cost them the most important game of the season. I'm not even sure how I feel about the overcome of this one. But I just found out Dan Bailey has been signed, so I think I'm okay with it.

Where to even go now...? Well, let's just do bullet points.

• Rodgers was clearly faking his injury.
  • Mahomes is amazing. I've been burned picking the Chiefs to win the SB in years past, but damn if they don't look good.
  • Sorry for your loss, @Briste, but you knew the Jags were going to get this one. I'd be more worried about them than the Steelers going forward. The Jags have learned how to play like the better team, not down to their competition like Pitt. Still, I fully expect the "do your job!" thing to become the new motto for the Pats, and they'll carry it all the way to the AFC title game.
  • LOL @ Vontae Davis.
  • Fitzmagic is here to stay! And what a sharp dresser. Cam's got nothing on this guy.
  • I feel for ya, Browns.
  • Seriously, how does a guy just retire at halftime?
  • Jimmy G is back in the win column! Thanks for taking care of those Lions for me. Now if the Seahawks can just do their job tonight, I might only have to worry about one other NFC North team this year.
  • Is anybody going to talk about what the Rams are doing, or...?
  • You know I'm repping my boy Keenum in Denver, but Gruden REALLY needed that win.
  • Bets on Tomlin surviving the year?

And I didn't forget you guys!

On 9/16/2018 at 11:21 AM, Briste said:

What if I told you they are the same thing! Generally for me it's my time, but with how expensive games are... money is starting to play a bigger role. I'd probably just do Code if the trophy list isn't forever long.

It's probably only a 10-15 hour platinum, and you can just walk away from the game because it autoplays. But you know I don't roll like that. Skipping VNs is a gateway drug to stuff like Mayo.

On 9/16/2018 at 1:40 PM, Jens said:

I'm smelling Cat Quest.

That's the one. The other choice was Celeste, which looks A-MAZ-ING, but I don't really want to spend $20 on it. If it appears on a sale in the next few days, maybe, but I'm not counting on it. Just not sure where this feline will fit...

22 hours ago, Kent said:

@Cassylvania Do you know how to get back to the sewer in Yomawari? I can’t manage to figure it out. 

Can't remember the exact location, but I think it's northeast of Haru's home, across the bridge. There will be two doors. You can enter the southernmost one.

6 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Squid Baron is a scrub, which is why he's my favorite villain. :D

I love how he breaks the fourth wall in every game. Really, the humor in the series is great, but he just brings it to a whole other level.

On 9/16/2018 at 11:59 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

I just finished the Las Vegas part. I've decided: I am going to keep playing Fill-A-Pix and nothing else on my Vita until I get that damn platinum so I can delete the game from my Vita. It's been rotting too long in my device. If I keep bashing the buttons I should be able to get the remaining eight trophies for clearing the rest of the puzzles. 1f611.png

You are a madman. Phil wasn't meant to be taken on all at once. You must chip away at him slowly, waiting for your opportunity to strike.

I prefer early in the morning, when my mind is clear and I'm not yet jaded by all the ridiculous nonsense that my daily life brings.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

You are a madman. Phil wasn't meant to be taken on all at once. You must chip away at him slowly, waiting for your opportunity to strike.

Yeah sorry, don't know what I was smoking when I typed that. Right now I'm choking down Diet Dr. Pepper and pretzels and doing breathing exercises because my blood pressure is borderline so I have to bring it down and I forgot to buy veggies. I wish I was 20 again. :(

Anyways, I have been chipping away at POWGI. It's slow Chinese water torture, and the stupid puns that dog's head gives after you complete a puzzle are wearing thin. The good news: I only have eight more categories before the platinum is mine. That's 84 more puzzles. I am going between LEGO Harry Potter and this so I can get the LEGO Harry Potters platinums by the end of the week.

On the good news, finally got that stupid Trine 3 plat. I would have gotten it earlier if I didn't glitch out Chapter 6 and cause it to wipe 90 Trineangles and make it impossible to reclaim them. I was backing my save up like a madman to ensure I didn't lose any progress this time. Never playing that game again and never touching the other Trine games. ?

3 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I love how he breaks the fourth wall in every game. Really, the humor in the series is great, but he just brings it to a whole other level.

My favorite part is Officer Mode in the Costume Pack DLC. He and Hypno Baron cosplay as juvenile delinquents sneaking out at night past curfew to watch dirty movies. xD

• Like 1

On 9/16/2018 at 1:40 PM, Jens said:

So you, Sir, are a more patient speedrunner than me. That's the only stuff I'm missing, but I just hate speedruns so much.... How were they for you? I never even considered doing them, so I don't have a clue if they are supposed to be hard or anything :P 

It wasn't too too bad. I had to do the two hour one twice. The first try I was about an hour and twenty minutes in and could tell I wasn't going to make it so started over. I used a guide after that. To me the two hour any% is way harder than the four hour 100%. I think the gold should be the any% one. I had about fifteen minutes to spare when I was successful. It really wasn't hard with the guide. It is really hard without it since it's easy to get lost/forget an item since there is some backtracking. I definitely think you could do it though.

I figured that out in a few runs - use the hat to fly over him the instant he charges. Squid Baron is a scrub, which is why he's my favorite villain. :D

I did that no problem. My challenge with Squiddy was the triple jump after he gets his armor. I kept mistiming my jumps. I also learned that I had a hard time letting go of the R2 button to stop floating. I'd let go of the jump button but kept holding down R2 which caused several restarts. I think I would have had an easier time without the hat to be honest since I kept mistiming jumps. My favorite boss was Dagron (Massively Misspelled Monstrosity) :)

I used an out-of-bounds glitch that I discovered while watching speedruns to skip all of the final dungeon challenges and just get to the final boss. Damn Pirate Master can't make me do his stupid challenges!

I tried that on my own at first and just couldn't reach, so on my first play through I went through the whole level. When I did my speed run, I saw that it could be done and I was able to skip past it. I'm glad I did them on my blind play through, but I'm not sure I would've been able to do the any% run in time if I didn't skip them.

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

It's like kissing your cousin!

I needed a full day to process what just happened. It's very difficult being both a Vikings and a Browns fan, and it disgusts me that kicking is STILL an issue for a team that was one game away from a Super Bowl. This isn't 2013 anymore. When Blair Walsh missed that field goal in the playoffs oh so many years ago, I just kinda shrugged and moved on with my life, because nobody but me expected them to beat the Seahawks anyway. But this is different. This is a championship-caliber team who put their trust in a rookie kicker, and it nearly (?) cost them the most important game of the season. I'm not even sure how I feel about the overcome of this one. But I just found out Dan Bailey has been signed, so I think I'm okay with it.

That is absolutely the definition of a tie....I was really happy that game was the one televised in my area. Normally, it would have been the Giants, however since they were the NBC game, I was able to take in the Vikings and Packers. That was painful to watch that young kid miss those field goals. His second pro game and he may never recover...but those were just brutal. In all fairness to him, that game should have never gone into OT. That was such a horseshit call against Matthews on the INT. He hit him with his shoulder and landed mostly on his knees to avoid the impact. To the Vikings credit, they took that BS roughing the passer call and capitalized(ish?) by even getting to OT. Once they got there though, it should have been game over. You have to be pretty happy with Cousins so far though. That deep ball to Diggs was a beautiful play. He had a tough luck tipped INT, but mostly looked really good. The Vikings D was solid too and mostly kept Rodgers in check.

That Browns loss was even more brutal...missed PAT for the potential win and then missed FG for the tie? I read today though that the kicker had a groin injury and Hue Jackson didn't even know....he really shouldn't have been out there, but I guess they released him or IR'd him today. For all intents and purposes...Cleveland should be 2-0 but keep figuring out excruciating ways to lose.

5 hours ago, Cassylvania said:
  • Rodgers was clearly faking his injury.
  • Mahomes is amazing. I've been burned picking the Chiefs to win the SB in years past, but damn if they don't look good.
  • Sorry for your loss, @Briste, but you knew the Jags were going to get this one. I'd be more worried about them than the Steelers going forward. The Jags have learned how to play like the better team, not down to their competition like Pitt. Still, I fully expect the "do your job!" thing to become the new motto for the Pats, and they'll carry it all the way to the AFC title game.
  • LOL @ Vontae Davis.
  • Fitzmagic is here to stay! And what a sharp dresser. Cam's got nothing on this guy.
  • I feel for ya, Browns.
  • Seriously, how does a guy just retire at halftime?
  • Jimmy G is back in the win column! Thanks for taking care of those Lions for me. Now if the Seahawks can just do their job tonight, I might only have to worry about one other NFC North team this year.
  • Is anybody going to talk about what the Rams are doing, or...?
  • You know I'm repping my boy Keenum in Denver, but Gruden REALLY needed that win.
  • Bets on Tomlin surviving the year?

Mahomes has been ridiculous. Ten TD's in his first two games?! and his efficiency has been nuts. What was he, 23-28 with 6 TDs...absurd. I'm rooting for them a little myself. A girl I know married one of their defensive positional coaches and she posts a ton of stuff on Facebook. So I'm pulling for him, plus I just admire Mahomes talent. I hope he's not a flash in the pan like RGIII and maintains. There could be a lot of young, exciting QB play if Watson ends up recapturing his form from last year.

I had no doubts the Pats were going to lose this game...it was one of the few times I've picked against them ever in my pick'em league. I hated doing it...but it just felt like a game they'd lose. If Bortles continues to play like that (granted the Pats D didn't make it hard for him) they should be Super Bowl favorites. On a side-note...the Pats picked up ever-high Josh Gordon from Cleveland today. I'm hoping for a Randy Moss clone. The 2007 Patriots were so fun to watch.

I've never seen anything like Vontae Davis...unreal. Fitzmagic looks like Conor McGregor's twin. I loved that press conference lol. Jimmy G is a good looking dude. It'll be Rams vs Jags in the Super Bowl this year barring injury. That was a brutal way to lose for Gruden. It feels like the Steelers ship is sinking between the Bell debacle and Tomlin's bug-eyes having his team play down to the opponents level.

Trubisky looks good so far tonight...we'll see if they can keep from collapsing in the second half! This has been a long enough post...back to football and Batman!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Jens said:

I browsed through the categories and nope, it doesn't fit anywhere. I mean maybe you dressed up as a cat on halloween sometimes and you can force it into category number 1 for that reason :D But other than that.... not really. You're not even really alone with your Navi blue cat ball thingie.

I have a sneaky way of making it work. It's not ideal, but it's so good that it's hard NOT do it.

Still, I wouldn't mind playing through Celeste for Acrophobia. I'm itching for some tight platforming. I just gotta decide if I really want to pay full price for it, because I almost never do that...

2 hours ago, Briste said:

Trubisky looks good so far tonight...we'll see if they can keep from collapsing in the second half! This has been a long enough post...back to football and Batman!

Yup. He's made some mistakes, but he's outplaying Russell. I will say this, though: I am NOT happy about having Khalil Mack in this division. If the Packers trade for Le'Veon Bell... I will not be a happy Casser.

Well, I counted, and I have like 23 Philuzzles left. One or two a day seems to be the best method. I finally escaped Mexico, but now I find myself on an African safari with Phil. The odds of him going General Zaroff on me are uncomfortably high.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Briste said:

To me the two hour any% is way harder than the four hour 100%.

Is this Pirate's Curse? If that's the case I will probably do two runs, one for any percent and one for 100%. Half-Genie Hero's requirement for any% is three hours. I know because I killed Risky Boots and her toy at 2:34 and got the trophy.

I have a sneaky way of making it work. It's not ideal, but it's so good that it's hard NOT do it.

Well go ahead and do it. You don't have to have it for Trophophobia, your list is good enough. Trust me, you'll LOVE Cat Quest. And they're coming out with a sequel in 2019, so that's something to look forward to. ^_^

Well, I counted, and I have like 23 Philuzzles left. One or two a day seems to be the best method. I finally escaped Mexico, but now I find myself on an African safari with Phil. The odds of him going General Zaroff on me are uncomfortably high.

Wait until you get to Egypt. xD

I decided to leave Fill-a-Pix alone for a while, at least until I plat POWGI. I'm on seven categories left, just completed the Christmas category. I played Dream Drop Distance's Nutcracker Suite while doing the Nutcracker word search and I have to argue that "Pantomimes" is not valid Christmas because it was just a bunch of Disney character names and whatnot. :|

Also, after I finished that puzzle, POWGI popped in and say "Oh yes, you did!" Did what? You stupid mutt! I'm glad I am a cat person because my kitty would so tear apart your f'king hide. (Don't get me wrong, my parents own two dogs and love them to bits but I think dogs are worse pets than cats. Yes, Serena is a b'tch at times, like right now when she's underfoot and meowing for attention, but at least she doesn't poop on the floor when I forgot to clean her litter box, like my brother-in-law's daschund. :()

Sorry, chipping away at word searches is so boring. I need to warn you, Cassy, if you intend to plat Word Search POWGI, you'll probably be breaking for sanity a lot more than you did with Phil. Phil's puzzles are mindless button mashers, but POWGI's word searches require a steady eye and patience.

LOTS OF PATIENCE. Hope you love word searches. I'm going back to Hogwarts to rescue six more students in peril and try to platinum Years 1-4 before the sun rises so I can get some sleep. *yawn*

• Like 1

17 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Sorry, chipping away at word searches is so boring. I need to warn you, Cassy, if you intend to plat Word Search POWGI, you'll probably be breaking for sanity a lot more than you did with Phil. Phil's puzzles are mindless button mashers, but POWGI's word searches require a steady eye and patience.

Then I am staying far, far away from POWGI. Maybe puzzle games in general, until something comes along as good as The Witness The Talos Principle. You know, the kind of game that makes you think, not makes you think, "Why am I playing this?" And the kind of game that rewards you for completing a puzzle.

I just can't get excited when Phil throws his hands up in celebration...and then tells me how many minutes of my life I just wasted.

11 hours ago, Jens said:

I encourage you to go for it. Exceptions are the spice of life and if you really want it... it's not like jamming money into EA's or WB's greedy pockets, this little indie might be a good place to dish out full price once in a while :P Be the Robin Hood of gaming! (and use it as an excuse to get something for yourself)

I took your advice and went with Celeste over Cat Quest. I'm sure I'll get to our furry feline soon (maybe even next week), but I desperately need another platformer in my life. And the music is so good.

Also, apparently Celeste is the name of the mountain, not the main character. I probably made the game a lot more confusing by naming her Celeste.

Oh, well. Can't be any worse than when I named every character "Spartacus" in Disgaea 5.

• Like 1

Just now, Cassylvania said:

Then I am staying far, far away from POWGI. Maybe puzzle games in general, until something comes along as good as The Witness The Talos Principle. You know, the kind of game that makes you think, not makes you think, "Why am I playing this?" And the kind of game that rewards you for completing a puzzle.

Yeah, this is sort of how I am feeling right now as I do a word search about the digestive system. xD

Although I'd probably be a squelb and buy a game if Lightwood Games(the guys who created these disasters) releases a title where you solve logic puzzles, those are my favorite type of puzzles and ones I don't mind spend six hours doing. My dad is a sucker for crosswords. As long as the whole thing is wrapped in a mystery like those four puzzle mysteries with that fictitious detective that I used to do when I was in a group home, Inkwell I think his name was, I'd totally platinum that. In fact, after I get my next POWGI trophy, I'm going to go call my dad and see if he can help me spend my money on a logic puzzle book. :)

To be fair, POWGI at least has several tracks of music which cycle and are catchy, unlike Philistine, where the only music you'll hear in the game is that same annoying song that loops over and over and over again.

Glad to hear you are doing Celeste. I might spend some money on Donut Country(which is supposedly a ripoff of Katamari Damacy and I don't mind because I am not platinuming a Katamari game because the King of Cosmos is a jerk when his kids falls short) and Celeste myself because I heard you can activate a god mode cheat and it won't disable trophies, which I desperately need because Celeste looks like Super Meat Boy. :D

• Like 1

On 9/17/2018 at 3:53 PM, Cassylvania said:

Can't remember the exact location, but I think it's northeast of Haru's home, across the bridge. There will be two doors. You can enter the southernmost one.

Thank you! Just got the plat about an hour ago. Overall it was a fantastic game. It was very different from anything I'd ever played before but that just added to the enjoyment. I would've never picked up the game had it not been for your recommendation so thank you! 

• Like 2