Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

On 11/10/2018 at 2:15 PM, Cassylvania said:

Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to cancel my PlayStation Vue account, because my internet can't handle it. Maybe I can just go to the bar...

OH WAIT. MY CAR IS BURIED IN SNOW.

I don't envy where you live. Right now the weather is nice and balmy and there's not a drop of moisture anywhere, the entire backyard is snow-free and warm. Sadly, it's covered in grass poison and plastic bags because my dad promised he'd turn the backyard in a gravel road and failed to deliver. (Mainly because he has to lay sheet rock for the water heater shed. *sigh*)

Have you tried Roku? My parents got me a TV that isn't a real TV, it is a station for various television streaming services. I could give you mine if my parents let me, I never use it now that I have free Youtube on my Nintendo Switch. ?

Been playing Spyro and Spyro 2 and the remasters are really awesome. I sort of miss polygonal jaw Ripto from the original Spyro 2, but Toys for Bob made him really scary with a mouth full of fangs. :o Hunter is a bit lamer but I don't blame him, nothing can replace the corny voice acting of old Hunter. ;) Got the skill point for a perfect 0-5 match in ice hockey in Colossus. I remember never getting that skill point in the original Spyro 2 but it's much easier here. ^_^

Also remembered how much I hate the original Spyro, f'k Tree Tops. xD

I am putting it down for now because I have to avoid platinuming those games until the 12 Days of Platmas for the 16th, which is two days away. I have to advance my trophy % for Ni no Kuni and platinum Ratchet and Clank for #96 anyways.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Well now I need to see this poster to see if you're being serious or not. :P

I'm half-joking. I don't take my gaming that seriously, but there was a time in my life where I was so attached to calendars and daily planners that Brett Kavanaugh would blush.

Nice job on Guitar Hero! That's a genre I'll probably never get into. I've played it in the arcade and at my friend's house, but I sucked. I guess I feel the same way about it that I do most competitive multiplayer games: it's not fun until you get good, it takes too long to get there, and I just don't have the patience for that.

4 hours ago, Jens said:

Just some food for thought, what's all your "hopefully some day" piles looking like?

For major titles? God of War, for sure, and probably that Spider-Man game. Wouldn't mind getting into the Assassin's Creed or Final Fantasy series either. It was pretty much a (three-way?) coin flip between them and Kingdom Hearts, and we all know who won that. But I'd also really like to pick up Cities: Skylines when they stop coming out with DLC. A reasonably-priced complete edition would be nice. And then I guess my usual horror games, like RE4, RE7, and The Evil Within (I know I've been teasing this one a lot). Oh, and Spyro. But if you mean "hopefully someday they'll come out with this game" pile, definitely XCOM 3.

1 hour ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Have you tried Roku? My parents got me a TV that isn't a real TV, it is a station for various television streaming services. I could give you mine if my parents let me, I never use it now that I have free Youtube on my Nintendo Switch. ?

Yeah, I have Roku, but my internet isn't fast enough for streaming. Although I was able to watch a movie in its entirety last night, so maybe it comes and goes... I'm not too worried about it. Things will hopefully settle down in January, and I certainly have enough games to keep me occupied until then. Speaking of... Well, you can all see what new game I've started. It fits our knights and kings theme, I guess.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

it's not fun until you get good, it takes too long to get there, and I just don't have the patience for that.

That's how I feel about Wizard101, which is why I will probably cancel my subscriptions AGAIN. I get suckered by their new game bundles. The last one let me dress up like Sherlock Holmes! I need to stop playing Wizard101, my hopes for getting to the new worlds is slim to none. I feel the same thing with multiplayer games, but add in you need friends and I have none. :P

Anyways, I'm glad you have video games to entertain yourself this winter. I usually worship Youtube since I can find all sorts of gaming videos or archived TV cooking specials. I'm watching a speedrun of Dark Cloud 2 now and once that's done(in three hours), I'll switch to a Food Network Thanksgiving special. :D

• Like 1

On 11/14/2018 at 2:17 PM, Cassylvania said:
On 11/14/2018 at 9:33 AM, Jens said:

Just some food for thought, what's all your "hopefully some day" piles looking like?

For major titles? God of War, for sure, and probably that Spider-Man game. Wouldn't mind getting into the Assassin's Creed or Final Fantasy series either.

Spider-Man is one of my next couple of games to play. God of War was awesome and is a great choice. I played the first AC game and would also like to play that series at some point I feel, but it's not as high on my list as Mass Effect, Uncharted and KH. The one random game on that list I have is I Am Bread....I have no idea why I feel compelled to play that game, but I do...

I personally can't say enough good things about the Final Fantasy Series. Each game (for the most part) has at least one really shitty trophy that saps a little of the fun out of the game, but I enjoyed each one of them. I even like the FFXIII trilogy. It gets a lot of hate for the paradigm system and how 'linear' the beginnings feel....but in all honesty....they are all fairly linear in the beginning. In FFVII, the first portion of the game is trapped in Midgar and there's only a handful of places you can go. I didn't think it detracted at all. I think starting with FFVII is probably the way to go as an intro to the series since the trophy list isn't bad, it is a really great game and the learning curve isn't very steep. FFIX is similar as far as game play, story and feel go, however that trophy list is waaaay harder with the jump rope one.

11 hours ago, Jens said:

But if someone would force me to either complete another AC game or stick my hand in a blender.... I would ask for some time to think about my decision.

lol sounds like this game did something not very nice to you...you're safe among friends here...tell us about what the mean game did to you ;)

Should be a good football game tonight between GB and Seattle. I'll have the game streaming on my PC while I finish up most of SotN.

• Like 2

Mixed opinions on AC, huh? Kinda figured. I think, as far as (excessively lengthy) series go, it's on my list...but just barely. And at this point, I wouldn't even know where to begin.

Would much, MUCH rather see the Mass Effect trilogy remastered on the PS4. Because Cass Effect sounds just as good as Cassassin's Reed.

Speaking of terrible puns, we just hit our 6k milestone. You all know what I was going for -- so feel free to take a look and have a good laugh. I know I did.

I haven't had a chance to get to Riku's story yet, but I did beat SotN (the first part anyway), and I've made progress on SwapQuest, that new game I'm playing. It'll count as an 8 for GBN, so I'll still need to track down a 1 and 3... Got a couple ideas for them, but they don't really have anything to do with the royal theme we got going on. I'm not even sure how that theme got started, or why I'm doing it. Some things... will always be a mystery.

Like why I randomly misquote Jewel songs in my game reviews.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Jens said:

Do you have a puppet on which I can show you where it annoyed me with its collectibles and endlessly recycled side quests? :S

That particular doll was on back order...I could probably get the one Mr. Adams from the South Park PD used in the Poor Kid episode :) I have heard that is one of the downsides to the AC series though is that it gets extremely repetitive.

13 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Speaking of terrible puns, we just hit our 6k milestone. You all know what I was going for -- so feel free to take a look and have a good laugh. I know I did.

Congrats! That is an awesome choice. I screwed myself by accident last night on my 3500 trophy milestone. I was planning on saving Goodbye Yellow Brick Road for it, however I got it by accident last night. I was trying to get the 200.6% trophy and the Axe Knight to Zombie trophy. I was saving the Tin Man kill as the last one needed for the trophy (you don't have to kill the enemy to get the Axe Knight to Zombie trophy) I was flying through the library as the bat and forgot to turn off my familiar...the damn sword killed a Tin Man and the trophy popped :( I have 330 trophies to go before 3500, so lots of time to find a replacement, but I was hoping to have one from this game. I suppose I could make it my 75th Plat since I'm only six away, but I was thinking of VC4 for that one.

Mike McCarthy needs to be fired after this season...I don't understand how you punt with 4th and 2 at that point of the game. Their defense wasn't stopping anyone and you have Aaron freaking Rodgers as your QB...he should have trusted him over the D. I'm happy for your Vikings that Green Bay lost...but that was just bad coaching.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

6S76c2f8.png *SIGH* My 3000th trophy.

I really need to plan out my trophies so I can avoid stuff like this. I mean, it's a Spyro trophy so I am happy but this face...

6L4702ce.png

THIS FACE. ?

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Briste said:

Congrats! That is an awesome choice. I screwed myself by accident last night on my 3500 trophy milestone. I was planning on saving Goodbye Yellow Brick Road for it, however I got it by accident last night. I was trying to get the 200.6% trophy and the Axe Knight to Zombie trophy. I was saving the Tin Man kill as the last one needed for the trophy (you don't have to kill the enemy to get the Axe Knight to Zombie trophy) I was flying through the library as the bat and forgot to turn off my familiar...the damn sword killed a Tin Man and the trophy popped :( I have 330 trophies to go before 3500, so lots of time to find a replacement, but I was hoping to have one from this game. I suppose I could make it my 75th Plat since I'm only six away, but I was thinking of VC4 for that one.

Oh, that sucks! I feel your pain, though. I got Bat Friends Forever!! by mistake. I totally wanted that as a separate milestone. My 2500th trophy is also a mistake. I wanted one from Shantae, but not the one I got. Rottytops is a good consolation prize, though.

I'm sure you'll find something equally good! I just couldn't pass up on Cowstlevania, even if Napsylvania is more my style...

6 hours ago, Briste said:

Mike McCarthy needs to be fired after this season...I don't understand how you punt with 4th and 2 at that point of the game. Their defense wasn't stopping anyone and you have Aaron freaking Rodgers as your QB...he should have trusted him over the D. I'm happy for your Vikings that Green Bay lost...but that was just bad coaching.

Dude should've been fired years ago. I love that the Packers punted in that situation. Unfortunately, it does come at a price. It basically sets up GB/MIN as a must-win for Rodgers, and it keeps the Seahawks in the hunt. The Vikings may likely be competing with them for the last wildcard spot (since we know the Panthers are getting #5, and no way in hell are two teams from the NFC East making it in)...

4 hours ago, Jens said:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/5340-darkest-dungeon#DLC-2

Welcome home, such as it is. This squalid hamlet, these corrupted lands, they are yours now, and you are bound to them.

I wanted to tell you when the update surprised me yesterday or two days ago. Now you probably noticed it yourself :P 

Yup. I was just about to post that Darkest D just gave me the biggest middle finger ever. Seriously, of all the games on my list to creep back into my life... Didn't they even come out with a "complete edition" physical disc already?

Why you always lyin', Double D?

3 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

6L4702ce.png

THIS FACE. 1f631.png

Creepy face, but beautiful artwork. Actually, I've been scanning the whole trilogy for my 6.5k milestone (that isn't considered one by the PSNP gods, for whatever reason). There are actually a lot of excellent choices! Sheeples and Olly Olly Oxen Free would go great with my (now a thing) farm theme. Who's Your Crawdaddy? is funny. And 8000 Reasons to Kick Butt is a good one for a milestone that I'll likely be nearing by the time I finally get around to playing Spyro...

Well... I guess now I gotta make a decision between SotN, SwapQ-tip, Let's Go Eevee, Let's Go Rikuchu, and Darkest D's latest horror to be unleashed on my life.

Remember when I had no games to play?

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Let's Go Rikuchu

I know what I'll probably be spending the rest of my money on this month will be...

goaway.png

Damn you, EA. Popping an addition for a PC game I try not to play because it's just a sucky life simulator that sucks the life out of your gaming time. And what's worse is that it hypes it up even though I know it'll probably not be as awesome. :(

• Like 1

20 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

6S76c2f8.png *SIGH* My 3000th trophy.

I kind of like that trophy. It's unique and it's not generic like a lot of games go with. You definitely could do worse :)

Oh, that sucks! I feel your pain, though. I got Bat Friends Forever!! by mistake. I totally wanted that as a separate milestone. My 2500th trophy is also a mistake. I wanted one from Shantae, but not the one I got. Rottytops is a good consolation prize, though.

I'm sure you'll find something equally good! I just couldn't pass up on Cowstlevania, even if Napsylvania is more my style...

In hindsight, I probably should have done one of those trophies where you need to consciously set it up instead of something that could be random...but I liked that trophy name lol. Napsylvania is the most appropriate for me, but that ship has sailed too lol

Dude should've been fired years ago. I love that the Packers punted in that situation. Unfortunately, it does come at a price. It basically sets up GB/MIN as a must-win for Rodgers, and it keeps the Seahawks in the hunt. The Vikings may likely be competing with them for the last wildcard spot (since we know the Panthers are getting #5, and no way in hell are two teams from the NFC East making it in)...

I agree...if he didn't have Rodgers to bail him out most of the time he'd probably be Hue Jackson. The fact that GB only has one Super Bowl under him is a joke really. I feel good about the Vikings chances, but there are a lot of teams hovering around .500 so anything could happen really. I'm going to take my bye weekend and hopefully pop four plats. Mehnir has been giving me fits, but once I get it...I'll have The Wolf Among Us, SotN and probably Burley Men at Sea ready to go. Then I'm feeling either Chaos on Deponia or Alien Isolation...we'll see.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I know what I'll probably be spending the rest of my money on this month will be...

goaway.png

Can't go wrong with Sims 4. Well, unless you're playing it on console. Do it right, DQ238!

3 hours ago, Briste said:

I agree...if he didn't have Rodgers to bail him out most of the time he'd probably be Hue Jackson. The fact that GB only has one Super Bowl under him is a joke really. I feel good about the Vikings chances, but there are a lot of teams hovering around .500 so anything could happen really. I'm going to take my bye weekend and hopefully pop four plats. Mehnir has been giving me fits, but once I get it...I'll have The Wolf Among Us, SotN and probably Burley Men at Sea ready to go. Then I'm feeling either Chaos on Deponia or Alien Isolation...we'll see.

All good choices, I see. It's just a shame TWAU2 will never be a thing...so enjoy the one and only while you can!

Also, enjoy this.

Platinum #140: SwapQuest

1L4b2c97.png

If Phil and Spy Chameleon had a baby, I imagine it would look something like this. SwabQ-tip is about what you would expect: a simple puzzle game that has about four hours worth of content packed into an eight hour platinum and a price tag of $1.99* (results may vary) on the PSN store. You'll get your money's worth, so I suppose it has that going for it, and it might even have some replay value since you can pick from one of several classes at the start of the game. I chose the Rogue because he has a dog. The dog fetches jewels and hearts for you. Jewels are money and hearts are health. Basically, the dog plays the game for you. Why would you play as anything else?

I'm going to go ahead and say the grinding here is surprisingly minimal. The "big" grinds are getting to level 25, killing 200 enemies, swapping 2500 tiles, and upgrading your weapon/armor to max. All of these trophies popped shortly before or shortly after killing the final secret boss. One of them even popped during the fight! Oh, and that boss? Hardest part of the game, hands down.

In short, if you have a couple hours and a couple bucks to blow, you could do a lot worse. Just make sure fetch happens.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

9 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Can't go wrong with Sims 4. Well, unless you're playing it on console. Do it right, DQ238!

Maybe with my birthday money(I turn 47 on December 6th, might get my 100th platinum on that day ^_^).

I know the Sims on Console is a disaster waiting to happen because consoles don't do games which work best with keyboard-mouse setups. That's why I think RPG Maker VX shouldn't have been on PS4 and had trophies. I mean, it's an RPG making software! Dreams, I can understand, but Media Molecule has plenty of experience with controller setups.

Speaking of controller setups, I think my old black PS4 bog-standard may have to be melted down for poker chips, it's cracked because I played floor hockey with it while emulating a Rhynoc because I just ran into some old friends in Spyro 3: Lost Fleet's stupid reminder that there are stupid skateboard races which require you to do tricks to get turbo boost(which I suck balls at) and Charmed Ridge. F'K CHARMED RIDGE. ?

The Spyro trilogy has been demoted and removed as my #97-99, I will plat LEGO Jurassic World for Vita first. Sorry, I am a bit frustrated by Spyro right now, forgot how (censored phrase) hard those games were. I guess I had erased my memory. xD

Since I am going to put Spyro in time-out for the time being, maybe I will upgrade my copy of The Sims 4 and work some more on my little story about a Sim becoming an immortal game designer. ;)

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

In short, if you have a couple hours and a couple bucks to blow, you could do a lot worse. Just make sure fetch happens.

This might be Platinum #98.

• Like 1

On 11/17/2018 at 11:54 PM, DragonQuest238 said:

Maybe with my birthday money(I turn 47 on December 6th, might get my 100th platinum on that day ^_^).

Hope you have better luck with that than I did. I was close...but RER wasn't having it. And no way I'm going to get to #200 before my next birthday... Hm.

RPG Maker VX looks interesting. I wouldn't touch it, but it would be kinda fun to play through other people's creations. Really. they need something like Mario Maker for the PS4...

ANYWAY, that was a pathetic performance out of the Vikings. You know, for a "franchise" quarterback, Cousins' 4-12 record in prime time games is not very impressive. Here's to hoping he can take out the moldy cheese next weekend, because I deserve some kind of compensation for having to suffer through Collinsworth for two Sundays in a row. (Also, I hate you, Jon Gruden!)

Started Riku's quest, but hit a snag on Vexen. Re-downloaded Double D, but haven't started. Need to platinum two quick games before I start on the Christmas event. I'm thinking of doing Blackwood Crossing... I bought it when it was on sale, and it's one of the only "1" games I have in my PS library. Rocketbirds 2 is the other. Would be nice to play the original, but, as always: no PS3. Kinda annoying, that.

Let's Go Eevee is fun, at least!

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Let's Go Eevee is fun, at least!

Wish I could play that, but sadly I am trying to conserve some money for my birthday and I am not about to shell out $60 for a Pokemon game as of yet since I spent my Switch budget on Smash Brothers Ultimate instead of being smart and pre-ordering when my December check came in. I'll probably just e#%!@+e Pokemon Fire Red or Leaf Green until I get my birthday money. :(

And I had already set up a killer team too! *sigh*

On the plus side, finally deleted my next backlog account after deciding not to touch any more platinum games on it, just got 100% on Doodle Devil and erased MidnightCJ. The other accounts have a few games I want to try. I am definitely keeping SquidBaronet for a long time as I might decided to platinum Monster Hunter World, which I got on that account for cheap.

Accidentally ejected my Spyro disc so I decided to shelf it for now. I have to get back to work on Ni no Kuni if I want to platinum it as my 100th plat! :D

You doing anything special for Thanksgiving besides lots and lots of football, since you'll probably not game at all that day? Me, I will probably not game much - going to stream the Macy's Day Parade(I always watched it every year as a tradition) and go to my sister's house to eat turkey and knock heads with my nephew MJ. ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

You doing anything special for Thanksgiving besides lots and lots of football, since you'll probably not game at all that day? Me, I will probably not game much - going to stream the Macy's Day Parade(I always watched it every year as a tradition) and go to my sister's house to eat turkey and knock heads with my nephew MJ. ;)

Just gonna head home and hang out with the family. I don't even know who's playing football. If the kids are there, we'll probably break out the Wii and play some old school Mario Kart or Mario Party. That's kinda like a yearly tradition now.

As for the rest of the stuff... Proud of you for keeping this account for so long. Don't let me down now.

And, as for me... I just finished Blackwood Crossing. Yeah, it's that short of a game. Also, depressing as shit. I thought Yomawari and Last Day of June were bad, but this hurt me in ways I didn't know games could. I legitimately feel sick inside. Don't even want to play anything else tonight.

Great game, though...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

As for the rest of the stuff... Proud of you for keeping this account for so long. Don't let me down now

Thanks for the vote of confidence. For every old account I axe, I feel some relief. I still have some BS games I would like to get on the platinum cabinet and out of the unfinished pile of compost(Alteric, ICEY and forma.8 because I started them thinking I could ace them and then they pull crap over my eyes, also want to get Shantae and the Pirate's Curse done sometime in my life, I just have that stupid speedrun and those stupid no-damage boss runs to go through) but I am doing well.

I just platinumed 2/3 of the Spyro trilogy. Spyro 2 was frustrating as hell with that one orb in Mystic Marsh with the wallaby thieves that you have to chase around until I figured out how to snipe one of them. That was the last orb I got before I got Superflame and used it to nuke all of the Earthshapers in Fracture Hills and get my last trophy. Spyro 1... ugh, Tree Tops makes me more sick than Blackwood Crossing made you sick, all those stupid supercharge ramps... :( But I will try to tackle it tomorrow and see if I can get it to work. That's the only bad thing I have to deal with, everything else is pretty decent.

• Like 1

On 11/19/2018 at 11:01 PM, DragonQuest238 said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence. For every old account I axe, I feel some relief. I still have some BS games I would like to get on the platinum cabinet and out of the unfinished pile of compost(Alteric, ICEY and forma.8 because I started them thinking I could ace them and then they pull crap over my eyes, also want to get Shantae and the Pirate's Curse done sometime in my life, I just have that stupid speedrun and those stupid no-damage boss runs to go through) but I am doing well.

Hm, I have forma.8 in my backlog too... I assume that's a free PS+ game, because I don't even know what it is. And check out my guide for Shantae! #ShamelessPlug

Alright. I'm going to admit that Blackwood Crossing actually bothered me enough that I had trouble sleeping last night. That may be the first time a game has truly depressed me. Like, in terms of making me feel real emotions, it goes: Ether One < Gone Home < Everybody's Gone to the Rapture < Life is Strange < Last Day of June < a dead puppy < Forrest Gump < that picnic scene in Everybody's Fine < Blackwood Crossing. Maybe it's the subject material, or the fact that it hits closer to home than the others, but...yeah, not what I was expecting. Hence the lack of a pre-Thanksgiving platinum! Gotta do another playthrough for collectibles and missables. Joy.

Got a little further in Riku's story. Really not enjoying these boss fights with the pre-made decks. It's basically spam + luck. Spuck. Lam. Spucky lam.

Oh, hey, I still need another platinum. (This is so I can make Castlevania #150 at the end of the Christmas event, if that hasn't become obvious by now.) Way too broke to buy something new, so let's see what's in my backlog...

Child of Light? No platinum. The Disney Afternoon Collection? No platinum. Toren? No platinum. Frisky Business!? Who put that in...NO PLATINUM. I don't know how you non-platinum avoiders do it. Shit's like hair on kiwis.

Go awaaaaaay, Dark Cloud! I don't have time for your nonsense. You games are already giving me a migraine, and I haven't even gotten to you yet...

Look at Flinthook. Anime-smiling at me with that goofy face and promise of tight controls and solid platforming. I'm on to you, Flint. You think I don't want to play good games? You think I ENJOY being depressed? YOU'RE A GHOST IN PAJAMAS.

• Like 2