Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

On 11/5/2018 at 6:30 PM, Jens said:

I'm actually kinda curious if they will change something when the "remake" is out. They will probably fix the almost impossible last Babel stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if they REALLY scale everything down. But you got this my friend, patience and slow breathing :P Tell me when it's time to stop feeling guilty for recommending it as #69 :facepalm:

I may be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the Full Body version has what is essentially an ezpz mode where there is no time limit on puzzles, no gameover and you can even skip puzzles altogether.  No idea if this will affect trophies or not.

23 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Platinum #138 - Kingdom: New Lands

1L364625.png

Congrats on the platinum :D  I'm still interested in this game but I've added it to my "wait for a deep sale" list

• Like 3

On 11/5/2018 at 9:46 PM, DragonQuest238 said:

If you really want to waste your life, Cassy, you should platinum Shadow of Loot Box. It's really stupid and mocks indie developers who use microtransactions. But it's a really short silly game. You can actually see the game glitching up as you progress.

I spent four hours watching a Cowboys game last night. I think I've wasted enough.

5 hours ago, Jens said:

It's a pretty long time ago for me, so the internet will definitely help you more on that, but as far as I know I just used Jafar and arranged my deck so that pairs of 3 cards always added up to (help me google) Sonic Blade and just go nuts. Jafar secures your sleight so that you can watch the enemies HP melt away. Add a few 0s for some annoying boss sleights and a couple of healing + elixirs, I think, and you should be good to go :P It's as cheesy as it gets but 6 playthroughs changed me....

I'm fine with cheesing this game. Honestly, it's pissing me off now. It's annoying having to scroll through a menu during a battle to play number games with enemies that I just want to beat to death with my keyblade. Especially those fat assholes who block every attack from the front but can turn around faster than I can move.

In fact, I just popped in Arkham Asylum so that I can enjoy the pleasure of pummeling my opponents with button smashes again. It feels SO good to hear their bones crack. I could fall to sleep to those soothing sounds.

I guess this is the month of Kings and Knights.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Especially those fat assholes who block every attack from the front but can turn around faster than I can move.

Ah yeah, the Large Bodies. They'll make a return in Kingdom Hearts 3 and nobody will like them. They are the cultists of King K.Rool, you have a huge belly that is immune to damage, so you can only hit them in the ass. I've had my own horror stories with them. I will not like them at all when I get to Critical Mode in KH2 because they do a belly-sliding move that will one-shot you. :(

Well, I am going to be starting re:CoM myself today for Kill Your Completion. Just going to get the easy stuff out of the way first and spend hours in Traverse Town and not fight Guard Armor until I have all of the easy trophies knocked out. By that time I will have a ton of levels and sleights.

One sleight I strongly suggest you spam during bosses: Lethal Frame. It's just one Stop card and two attacks. You toss a crappy Stop card in the removed from play bin and do a ton of damage to your foes. The only stipulation is that their hitbox is around Sora's height max. Even the final boss isn't immune to it. (But his form teleports a lot and his second form has a very small hitbox, but the third form takes it like a bit** as long as you dodge his nasty card scattering attack.) ^_^

For crowds, I suggest Mega Flare. It's a Mushu card and two Fires. But it's a Fire-elemental attack, so if you want to grind for levels, you should do it in Destiny Islands, as the last floor has Wizards and Red Nocturnes that heal when hit with Fire.

(Of course, you will need to gain a lot of levels. Lethal Frame is learned at Level 32 and Mega Flare requires you to grind to a whopping Level 57. Thundaga is a decent substitute for a crowd control attack until then.)

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 2

Good advice! I seem to be doing better now, with Blizzard Raid on my side. Also, I got to level 17, so I have Blitz too. Just gotta beat Wonderland, and then...I assume I unlock more worlds. Really hope there's an easy way to grind to level 99, though. I feel like that's going to be a pain.

As for Batman... Return to Arkham looks really good on the PS4, but I forgot how basic Asylum is. Batman seems slower in combat, and maybe less responsive. And I keep trying to do all these moves from Arkham Knight that aren't here and it's breaking my c-c-combo! Don't make me get Mr. Dashforth to teach you how to fight, Bats.

Oh, and I downloaded all the "free" PS+ games for the month. They all look hideous (except for that Yakuza game). I don't know if I even want to bother.

• Like 2

Alright. I made it to the 13th floor of Castle Oblivion. Took me a while to get past Antenna Hair, but I did it. Now, to finish Sora's story!

I think my goal for the rest of this year will be complete KH:CoM, 358/2 Days, and KH2. I won't be ready for the release of KH3 because of all the other games in the series, but maybe that's for the best. It'll give us time for the guides to come out, and maybe a price drop.

I also got The Witcher 3 installed on my PS4. I figure that's a good first step, because holy crap, my internet is shit. Might just have to start leaving this thing on overnight whenever I want to update something...

Got Castlevania installed too. There's a pretty funny trophy in that game called Cowstlevania that I think would look perfect as our 6k milestone. Not sure how hard the game is, but I hear @DragonQuest238 has completed it, so maybe he'll be able to tell us more.

And I think that's about it for now. Vikings are on a bye this week, so I might take one too. No sense getting worked up over the games this weekend, although a surprise win by the Dolphins (or -- gross -- the Lions) would be nice.

• Like 4

On 11/5/2018 at 6:30 PM, Jens said:

I'm actually kinda curious if they will change something when the "remake" is out. They will probably fix the almost impossible last Babel stage, but I wouldn't be surprised if they REALLY scale everything down. But you got this my friend, patience and slow breathing :P Tell me when it's time to stop feeling guilty for recommending it as #69 :facepalm:

Even though I am really starting to despise this game...I had bought it long before you recommended it for #69. It was like $7 and I had always heard how good and challenging it is. I have several games in my backlog to tackle when I'm looking for that challenge. That's how Super Meat Boy ended up on my profile...I have I Am Bread sitting there waiting for when I want to torture myself again too. My biggest problem with Catherine is that I know I can beat the levels and it's just some horse shit thing that causes a failure. The character runs just too far and steps on a breakaway block that ruins a run or a monster block moves making the level impossible...something super frustrating every time. But you shouldn't feel guilty about that :) Since I truly hate this game, I'm not letting it spoil my gaming. I give myself only about two or three attempts per day before I move onto a game I'll enjoy. I'm off from work on Monday though, so I may just try and power through it....we'll see...

I may be wrong on this, but I'm pretty sure that I read somewhere that the Full Body version has what is essentially an ezpz mode where there is no time limit on puzzles, no gameover and you can even skip puzzles altogether.  No idea if this will affect trophies or not.

Even if it doesn't affect the trophies...I don't think I'd touch this game with a ten foot pole lol.

Ask our brave cheater... I mean soldier Briste out there on the battlefield. I assume he would accept that offer by now :P 

lol in all fairness...I preferred to choose the loyal answers to Katherine. I'm not to keen on cheaters :) That's part of the reason why I didn't like this game, is I didn't like playing the guy who is cheating on his girlfriend...I don't know if I would have picked this game up if I knew it could be cheesed...the draw for me with this game was the challenge, I was just hoping the challenge would have been on solving puzzles, not game mechanics.

As for Batman... Return to Arkham looks really good on the PS4, but I forgot how basic Asylum is. Batman seems slower in combat, and maybe less responsive. And I keep trying to do all these moves from Arkham Knight that aren't here and it's breaking my c-c-combo! Don't make me get Mr. Dashforth to teach you how to fight, Bats.

I thought the same thing. It took some time getting used to the mechanics again for me. The freeflow is much more forgiving in the later games and it's really easy to lose your combo in Asylum. You can even be pointing the directional pad in the right direction and Batman will whiff sometimes. You appear to have motored through it pretty quickly though :) just some cleanup and the challenges left for you! Good luck!

Got Castlevania installed too. There's a pretty funny trophy in that game called Cowstlevania that I think would look perfect as our 6k milestone. Not sure how hard the game is, but I hear @DragonQuest238 has completed it, so maybe he'll be able to tell us more.

I actually just started this up last night. I'm going with Rondo first since I've never played it, but SotN is the bell of the ball in this game for me. I need about 380 trophies before my next milestone and there really are a ton of awesome trophy names in this game. Depending on how things go with Catherine, I may have enough Plats and trophies precharged and ready to go where I can pick one as a milestone. I'm kind of partial to Goodbye Yellow Brick Road since I really like that Elton John song and I also like Wish I Was a Baller as a nod to Skeelo. I could probably save Wish I Was a Baller without it interrupting game play since I don't recall them being needed really for any portion of the game, but Goodbye Yellow Brick Road I would have to not finish the game...we'll see.

And I think that's about it for now. Vikings are on a bye this week, so I might take one too. No sense getting worked up over the games this weekend, although a surprise win by the Dolphins (or -- gross -- the Lions) would be nice.

The Patriots have the Titans coming off a short week, which I like. But, the Titans actually looked pretty good against the Cowboy D which I think is better than the Patriot D...plus I think Vrabel knowing the Pats as well as he does could be an advantage for Tennessee. I still think the Patriots win, but it may be a better game than people think. That Steelers-Panthers game was weird the other night. The way that Carolina marched down the field on the first possession made me think it was going to be a shootout...but the moment Cam threw that pick 6, it was like the game was over...I really can't stand the Steelers, but I feel like you have to root for a guy like Connor. Enjoy your bye week :)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Briste said:

The Patriots have the Titans coming off a short week, which I like. But, the Titans actually looked pretty good against the Cowboy D which I think is better than the Patriot D...plus I think Vrabel knowing the Pats as well as he does could be an advantage for Tennessee. I still think the Patriots win, but it may be a better game than people think. That Steelers-Panthers game was weird the other night. The way that Carolina marched down the field on the first possession made me think it was going to be a shootout...but the moment Cam threw that pick 6, it was like the game was over...I really can't stand the Steelers, but I feel like you have to root for a guy like Connor. Enjoy your bye week :)

Yeah, it's great to see Connor play well. Even though I've lived around Pittsburgh for a good chunk of my life (well, all of Pennsylvania, really), I wish he played for just about ANY other team, because I could never cheer for the Steelers. Although I kinda was Thursday night, because there's a decent chance the Vikes will be competing with the Panthers for a wildcard spot. Assuming the Rams (obviously), Saints (likely), Redskins (maybe), and Bears (let's just give them this) win their divisions, we're probably looking at the Vikings, Panthers, Eagles, Seahawks, and Falcons competing for two playoff spots. It's possible that the Packers can sneak back into the conversation, but I have a hard time believing the Lions or Cowboys will recover. (And I already consider the rest of the NFC dead.)

We just got our first snowfall of the year, so maybe I will watch a few games tomorrow. Unfortunately, I'm probably going to have to cancel my PlayStation Vue account, because my internet can't handle it. Maybe I can just go to the bar...

OH WAIT. MY CAR IS BURIED IN SNOW.

Blah. Anyway, I beat Sora's story in CoM. I'm supposed to collect all of the cards now (oh boy, I love meaningless grinding), but I noticed I never got the Beast friend card from Hollow Bastion. Did I miss something? Can I go back for it? If I have to play through everything again... (I'm shaking my fist here.)

Kinda worried about how the save files work now too, with Riku's story unlocked. Am I supposed to play on one file or two? How do I even access Riku's story? Should I actually try looking at the game instead of typing on my computer screen while eating a grilled cheese sandwich with tomato soup? Actually, hang on. I want seconds.

• Like 3

15 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Not sure how hard the game is, but I hear @DragonQuest238 has completed it, so maybe he'll be able to tell us more.

It depends on what you're playing. Rondo of Blood is tough to complete in one sitting, I used a code involving naming your file something to enable level select and even then I kept getting Game Over a lot. Symphony of the Night isn't too hard, though, as long as you keep your wits about you. The guide says you need to do a second playthrough to get the Duplicator - that's a lie, the librarian was selling it as soon as I got all of the Vlad parts in the second castle. :)

My internet is even shittier than yours right now. My router keeps disconnecting. :(

• Like 2

With the Beast card you probably didn't use it. I had s couple of those when I finished and all I had to do was go back to the world and use that friend card at least once. 

Use two save files, one for sora and one for riku

Also if you are going for enemy cards and haven't had any drop for ages save and reset. The rng for enemy drops is a bit shonky apparently

Riku's story is pretty cruisy but that level grind at the end frustrated me

• Like 3

7 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

It depends on what you're playing. Rondo of Blood is tough to complete in one sitting, I used a code involving naming your file something to enable level select and even then I kept getting Game Over a lot. Symphony of the Night isn't too hard, though, as long as you keep your wits about you. The guide says you need to do a second playthrough to get the Duplicator - that's a lie, the librarian was selling it as soon as I got all of the Vlad parts in the second castle. :)

Well, it's good to know cheats work. It wouldn't be a retro game without those!

4 hours ago, Dessane said:

With the Beast card you probably didn't use it. I had s couple of those when I finished and all I had to do was go back to the world and use that friend card at least once.

Yeah, that did the trick. Went into a random battle, got a Beast card, and used it right away. Now, I just got...like eight hundred enemy cards to go... Hooray.

2 hours ago, scemopagliaccioh said:

Is turn based really THAT old school? I feel so old...

I think it's more not new school than it is old school. Like, nowadays they think players would be bored having to take turns in battle. Even newer games that are trying to be retro, like Undertale, have to find some way to incorporate "action" into turn-based combat. XCOM 2 and Valkyria Chronicles did it excellently, I thought.

But yeah. We're old. Well, I'm old. I don't know how old you are. I just don't understand today's obsession with stuff like Fortnite and PUBG. Seriously, I work with kids all the time as part of my job, and that's all they talk about. I mean, I know Halo was kinda big when I was in high school, but I don't remember ever liking games where the objective is to shoot your friends when I was eight or nine years old. But I guess it's okay because it's cartoon violence. Well, Fortnite anyway...

I've really enjoyed this retro renaissance, though. Platformers and turn-based RPGs are what I grew up on. I did myself a great disservice by ignoring the Kingdom Hearts series for so long. I guess I just wasn't that much into Sony when I was little. Did they never have any games on Nintendo? Hm...

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Did they never have any games on Nintendo?

Yeah, they had a lot of games on Nintendo. I grew up on Super Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda. Fun fact: Dad bought an NES for my sister but I ended up playing it instead. :P

Anyways, I am working on making Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch my 100th platinum after seeing some guys doing a platinum trophy speedrun of the game. (It was an incentive during an earlier charity marathon, they thought the incentive wouldn't be met xD) That really motivated me to get the platinum for this game after leaving it on the shelf for months. I do intend to platinum Dragon Quest XI eventually, but for now I want to get another PS3 platinum. It won't be quick, I am going to platinum the Spyro Reignited Trilogy for the late 90s. :)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Yeah, they had a lot of games on Nintendo. I grew up on Super Mario Bros and Legend of Zelda. Fun fact: Dad bought an NES for my sister but I ended up playing it instead. :P

Interesting. Can't imagine why I ignored it. I loved everything Disney growing up. Used to even want to work there... That's kinda how I got into drawing in the first place.

10 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Anyways, I am working on making Ni no Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch my 100th platinum after seeing some guys doing a platinum trophy speedrun of the game. (It was an incentive during an earlier charity marathon, they thought the incentive wouldn't be met xD) That really motivated me to get the platinum for this game after leaving it on the shelf for months. I do intend to platinum Dragon Quest XI eventually, but for now I want to get another PS3 platinum. It won't be quick, I am going to platinum the Spyro Reignited Trilogy for the late 90s. :)

I think that's a great 100th plat. IF they remaster the original for the PS4, I will CONSIDER playing it again. I still want to play the sequel, but I'd really need a lot of patience to get through all the grinding in Ni No Koons 1.

Spyro looks great too. I'll get there eventually. I remember that being one of my first "I must 100% this!" games, along with DKC2, Diddy Kong Racing, Super Mario 64, and Jet Force Gemini. Life was so much harder than without the internet. I spent so much time trying to figure out how to get all of the photographs in Harvest Moon 64 and the frog coins in Super Mario RPG (damn missable one in Mushroom Kingdom!). We really take this stuff for granted.

You've burned through so many games in such a short amount of time. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. I've been throwing myself at every community event this year (did I mention I signed up for two more?), and I feel like I've only been adding games to my backlog. We might have to prioritize.

The good news is, if I begin Arkham City next year, I won't have to worry about maintaining a 100% profile anymore. I mean, I suppose it's possible that I can complete the game, but the DLCs look horrendous, and I'd be doing the Calendar Man trophy legitimately, so it'd take me at least twelve months to finish. That'll allow me to relax and enjoy my Witcher 3/KH playthroughs. Not that I really sweat it now anyway.

Also, I forgot how terrible Shock and Awe (Extreme) is. I got all the medals in the other combat challenges, but that...is something else. Still need a few more predator challenges too. But what I really need now is sleep. Good Knight.

Ha, puns...

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Interesting. Can't imagine why I ignored it. I loved everything Disney growing up. Used to even want to work there... That's kinda how I got into drawing in the first place.

Neat, that might explain a part of why you want to play Kingdom Hearts games. ^_^

Interesting factoid about myself: While I did watch the three Princesses(Snow White, Aurora and Cinderella) in their movies when I was a lad, as I grew up I averted my eyes towards any of the other Disney movies(The Little Mermaid) or avoided them(Beauty and the Beast). Kingdom Hearts is the only way I could appreciate their stories. I guess having an OG character with Donald and Goofy visiting the stories made it less kiddie to me. That and the fact that those stories got interrupted a lot by Heartless and Unversed which broke the pacing. xD

Also, I appreciated a lot of the theme songs since people were singing them a capella during various Kingdom Hearts speedruns in the Game Done Quick marathons. Here's hoping for a Kingdom Hearts block for AGDQ2019 to celebrate KH3's arrival! :D

7 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Spyro looks great too. I'll get there eventually.

Me too. I remembered completing 100% in the original Spyro 2 and then going on to 100% the original Spyro. Never got there with Spyro 3, though: Those stupid yetis and their stupid skateboard race always ruined me. :P After seeing all of the trailers I think I can avoid any more reveals until I pick up the trilogy this Tuesday.

• Like 1

Platinum #139 - Batman: Arkham Asylum

1L3c1681.png

Did NOT enjoy doing Shock and Awe (Extreme) again. I'd either beat it but not have enough points, or I'd have enough points but run out of time. Finally managed to knock the last enemy down JUST as the screen faded to black. Wasn't even sure I had won until the trophy popped.

The game still holds up, but...ugh. It's such a step backwards from Arkham City/Knight. Batman whiffs glue.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

Really love the animated gif showing Catwoman, Harley Quinn and Batgirl flaunting their sexuality and Batman just scowling and ignoring their T&A. xD

Glad you finally finished that game. The only superhero games I will play are the LEGO variants. The LEGO versions have ruined my desire to see them in realistic figures. Speaking of which, I am going to put down LEGO Jurassic World (Vita) and LEGO DC Super Villains as Plats #101 and #102. I love how LEGO DC Super Villains starts with a prison break to break out your main character, which you create as a custom character. When I get this, I am going to make a kick@$$ female super villain who looks like a normal human with super powers. That will really throw people off. :D

Got A Hat In Time as my #95. That game was fun and pretty and the voice acting was awesome, but OMG the miscellaneous trophies were so BS. I think Battle of the Birds, while my favorite world in terms of plot, was my most hated world in terms of trophies. Word of advice. If you decide to go insane and try for the platinum in this game, expect to be bodied by those f**king owls in the parade level that are tethered to your Hat Kid. If they hit you, they'll hurl Hat Kid all the way across the screen and into the bottomless crowd, and you need to avoid touching that area to get a trophy. That trophy took me forever to get. ?

Also, I had to recollect a Time Piece to get the last trophy(return home) to pop. It doesn't pop after you collect your 40th Time Piece. Maybe it was because I gave it back to Mustache Girl after the game ended.

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 2

32 minutes ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Got A Hat In Time as my #95. That game was fun and pretty and the voice acting was awesome, but OMG the miscellaneous trophies were so BS. I think Battle of the Birds, while my favorite world in terms of plot, was my most hated world in terms of trophies. Word of advice. If you decide to go insane and try for the platinum in this game, expect to be bodied by those f**king owls in the parade level that are tethered to your Hat Kid. If they hit you, they'll hurl Hat Kid all the way across the screen and into the bottomless crowd, and you need to avoid touching that area to get a trophy. That trophy took me forever to get. 1f621.png

That one was a pain. I eventually came up with a strategy that worked (I think it was staying on one rooftop), but it would always fall apart near the end. Took a lot of patience to keep playing through the beginning so I could get another shot at those tightrope jumps. If it wasn't such a creatively-designed level, I might have rage quit a few times.

As for me, I finally actually really truly played a Castlevania game. And I beat it in three hours. I died a lot in Rondo of Blood, but it was mostly due to the bullshit mechanics, like getting knocked backwards when I took damage, or bad RNG on boss fights. And what was up with every boss throwing a final cheap shot at you when they die? Developers were such assholes back then. ?

Really excited to begin SotN and get my 6k milestone!

In the meantime, though, we gotta start planning ahead. As usual, I find myself caught up in two community events at the same time. This time, Gaming by Numbers and the 12 Days of Trophymas. That would be TWENTY-TWO games I'd have to play through, if I hadn't already finished some (which I did -- three for GBN), or if I wasn't planning to double-dip my games (which I am). Unfortunately, my lack of internet, my lack of money, and my obvious lack of time around the holidays (not to mention the strict rules of GBN, which prevent me from fitting whatever game I want into whatever category I want) give this an extra dimension of difficulty. Trying to get through the KH series and The Witcher 3 doesn't help.

Not quite sure how I'm going to handle this, but making a list (and checking it twice) of potential games would be a good start. Let's see what we can scrounge up for games with trophy list URLs ending in a 0, 1, 5, or 8 (assuming 2 and 3 are taken by KH games, and 6 by Castlevania, which I'm still not 100% sure about, since I'd kinda like that platinum to be a milestone too).

• Like 2

I had to come and post...I beat Axis Mundi :dance:!!!!! Only one more trophy and the Catherine saga is over!! When I got home from work on Saturday, I beat Obelisk, which I didn't think was as hard as Menhir, but it's much more luck based...I just needed a run where the mystery boxes weren't bombs that blew up half the board and I could do it. Axis Mundi I thought was going to take a lot longer and there were several times on the route up that I thought I had blown it only to recover. I almost f'd up the last ten blocks up by getting too excited lol I now feel confident that this Platinum will be mine...and to be honest I feel pretty exhilarated about it. I was truly getting so frustrated that I was hating this game so much. I found that it is really important to take breaks and not keep at it for hours. Anyways...enough about that! Back to stuff everyone is playing.

8 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

OMG the miscellaneous trophies were so BS. I think Battle of the Birds, while my favorite world in terms of plot, was my most hated world in terms of trophies. Word of advice. If you decide to go insane and try for the platinum in this game, expect to be bodied by those f**king owls in the parade level that are tethered to your Hat Kid. If they hit you, they'll hurl Hat Kid all the way across the screen and into the bottomless crowd, and you need to avoid touching that area to get a trophy. That trophy took me forever to get. 1f621.png

That one was really annoying, but the one that gave me fits was climbing up that damned mushroom. I must've fallen a million times. Between the camera angle and the small landing spots, I struggled mightily. I would just whiff on some of the landing spots. It was a fun game though and I don't think the completion percentage of that game is an accurate reflection of the challenge, well done!

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

That one was a pain. I eventually came up with a strategy that worked (I think it was staying on one rooftop), but it would always fall apart near the end.

This was my strategy too. I would just run in circles around one building that couldn't electrify and only venture out when you had to jump on the buttons. It helped, but even with that strat something screwy would happen.

6 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

As for me, I finally actually really truly played a Castlevania game. And I beat it in three hours. I died a lot in Rondo of Blood, but it was mostly due to the bullshit mechanics, like getting knocked backwards when I took damage, or bad RNG on boss fights. And what was up with every boss throwing a final cheap shot at you when they die? Developers were such assholes back then. 1f602.png

lol same for me. I had played the original Castlevania's on the NES many many moons ago, but never beat any of them. I really sucked at them too. I mean I beat SotN when it first came out, but that wasn't a Belmont, honest to goodness Castlevania with the whips and chains...I didn't have too much of a problem with Rondo of Blood either. It was pretty easy with Maria and the only zone that gave me fits was Stage 5 of the alternate route. I probably spent about as much time on that level as I had on the rest of the game. That getting knocked back anytime you get damaged was really frustrating in that level. It was much shorter than I imagined though.

I spent most of my day off today playing SotN. I really love this game, but I have to say...I'm pretty disappointed that they changed the voice actors. The voice of Alucard isn't even close to as good as the original. Fortunately, there isn't a ton of talking, but I miss the dustier voice of the original. The rest of the game though is spot on!

Not going to mention football this weekend too much...my Pats looked horrible. It was the first time that I feel like Brady looked old. I think he must be hurt or something because he was wildly inaccurate at times yesterday. I had a feeling that the Titans would be tough...but I didn't anticipate them trouncing the Patriots. My guys are on a bye next week now and they need to get to work. The Saints look unstoppable right now...speaking of looking unstoppable...what the hell happened to the Jags? After they demolished the Patriots they looked Super Bowl bound...now they suck again...really weird.

Back to SotN!

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

games with trophy list URLs ending in a 0, 1, 5, or 8

I can give you a list of the games I used, since I beat the event already, but they were mostly easy games.

For 0, I did Pic-A-Pix Color for PS4.

For 1, I did Waking Violet on my Vita.

For 5, I did Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (the hardest of the games but it's the easiest Ratchet and Clank game on the PS3)

For 8, I did Shadow of Loot Box, but Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus on Vita works too.

I'm looking for more games for the 12 Days of Plats event. I have 7 worked out but the rest are a bit harder.

3 hours ago, Briste said:

The voice of Alucard isn't even close to as good as the original.

Yeah, the corny dialogue of the original dub can never be matched. xD I admit that Alucard in the PSP remake(which they used) was a bit too shounen and Richter screaming out "What have I done?" was a bit too much. :|

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Briste said:

lol same for me. I had played the original Castlevania's on the NES many many moons ago, but never beat any of them. I really sucked at them too. I mean I beat SotN when it first came out, but that wasn't a Belmont, honest to goodness Castlevania with the whips and chains...I didn't have too much of a problem with Rondo of Blood either. It was pretty easy with Maria and the only zone that gave me fits was Stage 5 of the alternate route. I probably spent about as much time on that level as I had on the rest of the game. That getting knocked back anytime you get damaged was really frustrating in that level. It was much shorter than I imagined though.

Maria's double jump and double bird attack were great. Couldn't pull off that special attack, though. I mean, I got it to work a few times when it didn't matter, but I never had any luck with it during a boss fight.

I find the contrast between the artwork OF the game and the artwork IN the game (along with her VA) to be hilarious. Never change, Castlevania.

BTW, nice job on Catherine and chin up about the Pats. It was a weird weekend of football all around.

16 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I can give you a list of the games I used, since I beat the event already, but they were mostly easy games.

For 0, I did Pic-A-Pix Color for PS4.

For 1, I did Waking Violet on my Vita.

For 5, I did Ratchet and Clank: Into the Nexus (the hardest of the games but it's the easiest Ratchet and Clank game on the PS3)

For 8, I did Shadow of Loot Box, but Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus on Vita works too.

I'm looking for more games for the 12 Days of Plats event. I have 7 worked out but the rest are a bit harder.

Unfortunately, those games don't work for me. I don't have a PS3 or Vita, and I've already done Pic-a-P. What sucks is that I told myself (and all of you, I think) that I wasn't going to go all-in for these events anymore. I was just going to do the bare minimum -- you know, three or four games per event, if they fit into my gaming schedule -- but that just feels wrong when the theme is numerical. Like, how can I complete only part of a sequence? I figured I'd complete most of GBN just by accident, but I didn't realize how tough the last few numbers would be. I did, however, do a little number crunching last night, and I think I've come up with a solution that should work. I will need to complete FIFTEEN games by the end of the year: twelve plats/100%'s for Trophymas, and three additional plats (one with a URL ending in 1, one with a URL ending in 3, and one freebie). The rest will be double-dips. Naturally, that means I've already figured out what games I'm going to be investing time in. Well, 12/15 right now. The good news is the estimated time to finish those is under 130 hours (yes, a lot of short games), so it should be doable, even with Let's Go Pikachu coming out for the Switch this Friday.

It will mean holding off on KH2, though. But I'm okay with that, considering I'm nowhere near ready for the release of KH3.

ANYWAY... SotN is fuckin' amazing, as I knew it would be. I'm a little lost on where to go now (I just got the wolf transformation and found a staircase where a bastardly-placed iron ball has killed me at least a half dozen times), but I'm still making rapid progress. Riku's story (KH:CoM) and a quick plat are also on tap for this week. And if you don't think I have my entire gaming schedule for the next two months printed out on a 22" x 28" poster board on my wall... You don't know me very well.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

And if you don't think I have my entire gaming schedule for the next two months printed out on a 22" x 28" poster board on my wall... You don't know me very well.

Well now I need to see this poster to see if you're being serious or not. :P

As for myself, I'm about 5 hours off of the Persona 5 plat. I would've had it this weekend but with the announcement of the FFXV Comrades DLC shutting down I played that all weekend with @Mesopithecus. I think I'm pretty close to finishing it off, maybe 1-2 more sessions. 

I finally completed the 1,000,000 strum grind for Guitar Hero Live after working on it for two years now. It's trophies like this that make me wonder if trophy hunting is worth it but then it actually popped and it felt great. It only took 50 hours of vigorously strumming a very loud plastic guitar...........:S

• Like 3