Cassylvania's Miserable Little Pile of Platinums

Cassylvania

I have to agree. Für first yakuza game feels Really hard and you Think Why someone would develope für gameplay like this with some questionable Choice but once you get into the story its just amazing. Story is Top notch and i bought Every game which was available in english. It's like Pokemon Games, first Game is Really nee and you Need time to get the hang out of it but after that if you buy the new game Everything feels familiar and you like it again because you know what you are getting with this Games. 

Also if you ever visit Japan before, you see a lot of Details in the game which you can see in real japan.  

Since its free for ps+ in November you should Take a look. But remember kiwami was the beginning of the series and was Released first for ps2. 

• Like 3

14 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

Don't wanna make the "You been under a rock all this time?" remark but I'm surprised you haven't heard about the Yakuza series? Yakuza Kiwami is a remaster of the first Yazuka game. I'm not really into that series, though. Too many weird Japanese mini-games for my liking. (No offense to Japanese culture, okay?)

I've heard of it, but the extent of my knowledge is limited to "it's a game," "it's Japanese," and "it's like GTA." I have several other games I've been considering that are also Japanese, but GTA isn't exactly a selling point for me.

11 hours ago, Jens said:

So would I play it again? Absolutely, yes. Am I sure that you would like it as well? I have no clue. That will probably sound like the laziest cop out ever, but... that's one series you need to try to see how much you like it.

Yeah... That might be more of a commitment than I'm willing to give at this point. It sounds like fun, but between KH and The Witcher 3, I think I'll have my hands full with epically (that's actually how you spell that word?) long games. Although there is something cathartic about huge open-world games with countless things to do.

1 hour ago, Inuty said:

Since its free for ps+ in November you should Take a look. But remember kiwami was the beginning of the series and was Released first for ps2. 

Well, free is the best price of all! I'm not sure if starting at the beginning is necessary (?), but I'd probably begin with whatever title is available on the PS4, since that's all I have at the moment. (Still waiting to pull that trigger on another PS3...)

ANYWAY...

Platinum #137 - Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice

1L8c5454.png

Finished just a hair over midnight last night. Probably would've gotten it on Halloween if I had known what was going on during that final battle. Still, cool way to end a cool (and unique) game.

I kinda wish I had played it with subtitles on. Not only because I think it would've been hilarious to see how the CC handles all the coinciding voices, but sometimes it was hard to hear what was going on between the narration, the environment, and Senua's EXTREMELY HEAVY breathing during one section. And yeah, I know you can probably manually dial some of those back, but I didn't want to change anything from the default setting, since audio is such a big part of the game.

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to get my headphones to work, so I just cranked up the volume and let the neighbors hear all the screaming and mental torture that Senua went through. I'm sure it put them in the Halloween mood!

And another October passes with The Evil Within untouched...

• Like 4

Wow, I've never gotten so many requests to play one game before! Maybe I will have to look into this Yakuza thing.

For now, though, I think we need to establish the goals for this month. Obviously, I didn't get to play all the spooky games I want to play, so November is just going to be October Remix, as usual. Our next major milestone should be 6k, and I'd like for Castlevania to be a part of it. Unfortunately, we're still 146 trophies away, so we're going to need some filler trophies to get us there. Also, I'm going to be on the road a lot for the rest of the year, so my internet connection will be spotty. No multiplayer games for me! What a shame.

So, what's next? KH:CoM is definitely a possibility. I might even get back to the Bat. If I can get through Arkham Asylum by the end of the year, I could make next year all about Arkham City. Could be fun visiting Calendar Man each holiday (like I did before) and slowly chipping away at the platinum/100% by the end of 2019. But the DLC in that game... I don't know.

I might just feast on some shorter/more relaxing games this month, to whittle away at my backlog. I have a bunch of Mahjong games that I had been meaning to play, until Phil turned me off to puzzles. And then I have stuff like Metal Slug 3 and Rocketbirds 2 that just look like senseless fun.

Actually, considering I'm waiting on a NINE HOUR DOWNLOAD for Return to Arkham, maybe they do make sense...

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Wow, I've never gotten so many requests to play one game before! Maybe I will have to look into this Yakuza thing.

For now, though, I think we need to establish the goals for this month. Obviously, I didn't get to play all the spooky games I want to play, so November is just going to be October Remix, as usual. Our next major milestone should be 6k, and I'd like for Castlevania to be a part of it. Unfortunately, we're still 146 trophies away, so we're going to need some filler trophies to get us there. Also, I'm going to be on the road a lot for the rest of the year, so my internet connection will be spotty. No multiplayer games for me! What a shame.

So, what's next? KH:CoM is definitely a possibility. I might even get back to the Bat. If I can get through Arkham Asylum by the end of the year, I could make next year all about Arkham City. Could be fun visiting Calendar Man each holiday (like I did before) and slowly chipping away at the platinum/100% by the end of 2019. But the DLC in that game... I don't know.

Remember, you can always manually change the date. So you dont have to wait the whole year to get the trophy for calander man. Well at least for the 360 version that worked. I have not attempted it on ps4 yet. Yes it has alot of DLC and I myself am not that good at clearing the fighting levels and getting all golds. The stealth I can do easily. 

• Like 2

All this Yakuza talk is making me want to move it from my maybe list to my definitely list :P

Congrats on the Hellblade platinum @Cassylvania It's been a game that has intrigued me for a while but I haven't gotten around to picking it up yet.

Halloween Event is now officially over, I'm a bit sad but also relieved.  Now it's time for operation backlog killer!

• Like 4

To be honest, i played yakuza in the following order: 4, 5, 3, 0, 1, 6, 2 :D

Sure all games are building up on each other but normally you have the option in the main menu to read about previously games with the hard facts you need to know. Good thing about it, if you play the previous games after that there are some plots in the games which wasnt spoilered with the reading. So its still worth playing them if you get into the series. 

But enough talk, i spread the love of Yakuza enough :D

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

So, what's next? KH:CoM is definitely a possibility.

I put that on my Kill Your Completion list, but considering how much I have on my plate (the return to Wizard101 because of a damn new game bundle that is my favorite now because you look like Sherlock Holmes in his deerstalker and coat, the upcoming Super Smash Bros Ultimate which I blew $59 dollars on a pre-purchase just so I could main the special offer character, Pirahna Plant xD, and other nits and nats) it is going to take a LOT of discipline. I haven't even gotten to Day 2 of my Kill Your Completion yet! :(

You can add the free games to your library and download them later if you want.  Well, good luck on whatever you play next. ;)

• Like 1

8 hours ago, DragonQuest238 said:

I put that on my Kill Your Completion list, but considering how much I have on my plate (the return to Wizard101 because of a damn new game bundle that is my favorite now because you look like Sherlock Holmes in his deerstalker and coat, the upcoming Super Smash Bros Ultimate which I blew $59 dollars on a pre-purchase just so I could main the special offer character, Pirahna Plant xD, and other nits and nats) it is going to take a LOT of discipline. I haven't even gotten to Day 2 of my Kill Your Completion yet! :(

I can't believe Piranha Plant is in, but Shantae isn't. My girl doesn't have to put up with this nonsense!

As for me, I finally decided to begin Kingdom: New Lands, after teasing it for just about every community event this year. And it's...interesting. Basically, you're a king and you ride around on a horse, recruiting hobos to protect your kingdom from the creepers that come out at night. The game does a shit job at explaining stuff, so the odds of you winning on your first attempt are somewhere between Nintendo listening to their fans and the Raiders winning a game. The objective seems to be to have your slaves build a ship and then carry  it to port, but the speedrun trophies seem impossible. You're limited on gold, which is needed for EVERYTHING, and you seem to be at the mercy of RNG. For example, my current castle has no tall grass around it, so bunnies won't spawn. Why is that a bad thing? Well, bunnies drop gold when killed (seems legit), and that seems to be the only reliable way to earn a steady income outside of the merchant. I guess you could grow a farm too, but I'll be damned if I can figure out how to do that without the farmer being ripped apart by creepers.

A guide would probably help.

• Like 2

On 11/2/2018 at 10:02 PM, Cassylvania said:

I can't believe Piranha Plant is in, but Shantae isn't. My girl doesn't have to put up with this nonsense!

She's a Spirit you can get in the Adventure Mode, they showed her in the trailer as a Zero Suit Samus match. But yeah, a lot of people want Shantae to be a playable character. I'd be glad if they had more Shantae world spirits like Risky Boots, Tinkerbat or Squid Baron. :D

And Sakurai is insane. He's not afraid to do something that everyone except that he hates. I'll just play around with the plant just to see whether I am comfortable with it. I'm going to try to main Daisy since her amiibo is cheap on Ebay(only $12!) and I know that a more expensive Smash version is coming in 2019, but I can't wait. :)

Edited by DragonQuest238
  • Like 2

On 11/3/2018 at 1:02 AM, DragonQuest238 said:

And Sakurai is insane. He's not afraid to do something that everyone except that he hates. I'll just play around with the plant just to see whether I am comfortable with it. I'm going to try to main Daisy since her amiibo is cheap on Ebay(only $12!) and I know that a more expensive Smash version is coming in 2019, but I can't wait. :)

I main Daisy for most Mario tournament games (Smash, Kart, Party, etc.), although Luigi is probably my favorite Nintendo character. He's the only one of the group with an actual personality. In the more recent Smash games, I've really gotten into the Fire Emblem characters. But now that I'm scrolling through the full roster for Ultimate, and I'm seeing Simon Belmont's name on the list, I think we all know who I'll be using.

Anyway, I figured out the key to Kingdom: New Lands. Rabbits. As long as there are rabbits for your archers to hunt, you'll never be in want for money. The problem is, as you expand your territory, the tall grass begins to disappear, so you need to chop down trees to keep it replenished. Also, I was rushing to upgrade my campfire too quickly. You can basically survive all the way to the first blood moon without any protective walls, so long as you have a few archers on either side. This means you can allow your hunters to kill rabbits all day and use that gold to fix the ship. By doing that, I can generally have the ship built by Day 5 or 6, and THEN I can worry about upgrading the defenses. The only problem with this is that it means you won't have an army ready to attack a portal after the first blood moon (unless you brought them over from a previous kingdom), nor the defenses to protect against a retaliation wave. But I managed to clear the third and fourth islands this way. Going to go back to the second and see if I can get it to work there, as well as nabbing my speedrun trophy (and hopefully the one for completing five islands on the same life, because I really don't want to be at the mercy of the RNG gods on the final -- and supposedly hardest -- island).

Also, I started KH:CoM, or KH: The Gathering as I'm going to call it, because apparently I'm fighting with cards. I...have no clue what I'm doing, but spamming the triangle button seems to be good enough to win most battles. Mowed through two bosses already!

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

Also, I started KH:CoM, or KH: The Gathering as I'm going to call it, because apparently I'm fighting with cards. I...have no clue what I'm doing, but spamming the triangle button seems to be good enough to win most battles. Mowed through two bosses already!

I personal call it Sora-Gi-Oh. xD (Yeah, was a big fan of Yugi Mouto and his gang back in the day. I started the anime on episode 2 because I missed the first one but the first one is pretty much meh showing how stupid Exodia is. Jaden Yuki will always by my favorite Yu-Gi-Oh protag. :P)

Anyways, I am just busy trying to AFK for that damn Curry God trophy involving playing full-on for an hour. If you're a big fan of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, then Sorcery Saga is for you. Don't think I'm going to platinum the game before I return it to GameFly, tho: Sky Palace is 256 floors long, and I don't think I can do that in one rental. *sigh* Busy grinding out equipment for Kuu to fuse together to get the +99 Comet Shield.

Also working on Dark Cloud 2 for KYC8 and I intend to jump back into Dragon Quest XI in hopes that it might make it to be my 100th plat. Wish me luck!

Finally, kudos to you for beating the first two bosses of re:Chain of Memories. The second is always a bi*** because they throw it at you right after the first boss. I intend to grind out some of the easier trophies before I fight Guard Armor just to get some trophies. But since re:Chain of Memories in on my KYC and I have to watch the entireity of 358/2 Days...

Oh wait, I should have warned you that you need to watch every movie in the 358/2 Days cinema and read all of the secret reports because you won't get 100% card completion until you collect all of the Organization XIII cards and half of them require you to have a completed 358/2 Days save to make them appear in the hidden treasure rooms. Just a heads up, sorry. :(

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

If you do have any difficulties, there is a boss guide on the site here that gives some pretty solid strategies to beating the game.  As @DragonQuest238 says you'll need to watch 358/2 days to unlock some cards in CoM, but you can safely do it after you have finished the story for both characters - there are some cards that only unlock after beating both stories anyway - plus it will probably make more sense story-wise watching it after CoM.  As you're playing the PS4 version you should have a much better time than I did on the PS3, my enjoyment for the game was killed by those 6 playthroughs -_-

You piqued my interest with Kingdom: New Lands so it's great to read your thoughts on that too :D

• Like 4

Hm, okay. Finish both stories, spam Jafar a lot, then do 358/2. Got it.

I didn't get much further today because I wanted to wrap up Kingdom: New Lands, and I think I found something even more game-breaking than rabbits. Unicorn poop. As you probably know, unicorn poop is solid gold, and they poop every time they eat grass (like every 10 seconds). With that and the bakery hermit (another game-breaking little wench), you can literally just sit in your base and watch the money and hobos roll in. In fact, that's what I'm doing right now, while I eat pizza. It's just raining arrows down on every horde of monsters that come my way.

I love it when a game beats itself.

Speaking of games, the Vikings sacked Stafford ten times today, which means he might want to get more x-rays done. Meanwhile, the Bears cruise through Buffalo. Can Brady help make this a two-way race in the NFC North? Would certainly like to see it. (Not that I think a loss would be the end of the Packers, but it'd cap off an otherwise good day of football.)

*looks at the screen, after two hours of autoplay* Day 35... of 100... What a stupid trophy.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

Speaking of games, the Vikings sacked Stafford ten times today, which means he might want to get more x-rays done. Meanwhile, the Bears cruise through Buffalo. Can Brady help make this a two-way race in the NFC North? Would certainly like to see it. (Not that I think a loss would be the end of the Packers, but it'd cap off an otherwise good day of football.)

It was another entertaining weekend of games (outside of the Jets-Dolphins and Redskins-Falcons games that were televised in my area...) It was nice to see the Vikings D show up and Cook have a good game back. They should be going into their bye week with a good amount of confidence now. The Rams-Saints game was really fun to watch. I really thought that the Rams were going to win that game. I generally like TD celebrations, but that was really stupid of Thomas to cost his team 15 yards in that situation. I was really hoping it cost them the game just to prove the point of how stupid it was. In the end though, the Saints looked really good. I feel like the late game didn't quite live up to the hype, but my guys won so I can't really complain :) Tonight's game is hopefully a good one. I'll be curious to see if Amari Cooper does anything and to see how Tennessee responds after that brutal loss before the bye.

I was getting to the point of admitting defeat with Catherine...I've just been getting so frustrated with the Babel levels. I get a good roll going and some bullshit thing happens to make me die. I'm playing 2-player solo to help make the puzzles more doable. I know I can beat the level I'm on...it's just a matter of keeping the focus at the end. I've gotten like 15 rows from the end about three times and have done something stupid each time that cost me. I've decided that I don't want to quit video games, so I am limiting myself to about 30 minutes to an hour a day on Catherine. Any other time I have will be playing something else. If I had more skill, I could probably finish Catherine in an hour...as it is it will take me a while.

To restore my faith in gaming, I started The Wolf Among Us. I'm about halfway into chapter two and I have to say that I absolutely love this game. It is such an interesting idea to build a game around and there have been several tough choices to make already. I will get all the trophies but one for this game. I'm still hoping to make Catherine #69 and fortunately, waiting to pop the platinum on this game won't detract from the game play or story since I'll have to replay some chapters to get all the Fables. I'm really glad I broke my gaming habits for this one :)

Edited by Briste
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Briste said:

It was another entertaining weekend of games (outside of the Jets-Dolphins and Redskins-Falcons games that were televised in my area...) It was nice to see the Vikings D show up and Cook have a good game back. They should be going into their bye week with a good amount of confidence now. The Rams-Saints game was really fun to watch. I really thought that the Rams were going to win that game. I generally like TD celebrations, but that was really stupid of Thomas to cost his team 15 yards in that situation. I was really hoping it cost them the game just to prove the point of how stupid it was.

Funny. I was hoping the same thing. I HATE when players act like a game is over when it's clearly not. (And that applies to the prevent defense too!)

I don't usually jump on bandwagons in the middle of the season, but it's really hard to picture this year's Super Bowl as anything but Pats/Chiefs vs. Rams/Saints. I like the Chargers in the AFC, but have they really been tested? And I'm not trusting the Vikings. Their last five playoff games have included two choke jobs against the Saints, one major choke job against the Seahawks, a demolishing by the Eagles with a backup QB, and Joe Freakin' Webb. The Panthers, maybe, but...meh. The good thing is that we might not have to worry about tiebreaker situations, since the Vikings have that half-win. But losing to the Rams AND the Saints kinda stings.

Glad to see the Pats take down Rodgers. I was worried there for a bit, because the Packers' defense actually looked legit. Good thing they checked out in the fourth.

By the way... They flexed Vikings/Bears to SNF (in two weeks)! That's when you know we've made it big. Sorry, Steelers. ?

7 hours ago, Briste said:

To restore my faith in gaming, I started The Wolf Among Us. I'm about halfway into chapter two and I have to say that I absolutely love this game. It is such an interesting idea to build a game around and there have been several tough choices to make already. I will get all the trophies but one for this game. I'm still hoping to make Catherine #69 and fortunately, waiting to pop the platinum on this game won't detract from the game play or story since I'll have to replay some chapters to get all the Fables. I'm really glad I broke my gaming habits for this one :)

Such a great game. I've been meaning to check out the comics sometime too. But yeah, I like how the game doesn't force you into a platinum once you finish it. It's super easy to grab that last trophy when you're done, but it's nice to be able to control exactly when you want it to pop.

I seriously didn't get the Day 100 trophy in Kingdom: Plays Itself until after midnight. That was like six hours of boredom. And after I was going to say such nice things about this game not overextending its welcome...

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Jens said:

Would you say you are OK so far with the card battle system in CoM or do you start to hate it? It's pretty divisive. I liked it good enough but one spin-off with that system was absolutely enough for me :P 

Hard to say because I'm only two hours in, but I'm generally not a fan of having to do math on the fly. Assuming that's what I need to do the whole game (play manual War with my opponent), I could see that getting tiresome fast. But if I can just spam Jafar and enjoy the story, that's fine. I'm actually in Agrabah now, and will get back to this game just as soon as I wrap up Kingdom: Pointless Trophies.

Three to go!

• Like 2

Platinum #138 - Kingdom: New Lands

1L364625.png

This is a good bargain bin game. I don't mean that as an insult, but it's a good example of a game that is worth about $5 and will provide about 15-20 hours of entertainment. Fortunately, the time to platinum is more or less the same (with one major exception, but you can AFK through most of it), so you'll be finished right around the time the game gets stale. Which is good, because once you "get it" (i.e. figured out the most efficient way to win every map), the entertainment value tanks. There just isn't enough substance here, and the fact that the game has endless winters kinda destroys any replay value it would have. You're essentially just playing bigger and bigger maps until you've run out of islands, but the strategy never changes.

If I could tell future players just one thing, it would be that hunting rabbits is okay, and not to farm because farming is wasteful and useless in games like this. And gather yourself around hermits, for ballista damage does the Greed most fear.

In the end, only unicorn poop matters.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

In the end, only unicorn poop matters.

If only my cat sh** was made of silver, I'd not be throwing it in the dump, I'd be cleaning it with a towel and exchanging it for tons of cash. My kitty poops a lot more than I like. xD

But in all seriousness, if I didn't mind the setting, I'd probably pick up this game and get the platinum overnight. I need to get three more platinums before the return of Spyro which will be in my last five trophies before 100. I hope I can remember how to do the glide! :D

If you really want to waste your life, Cassy, you should platinum Shadow of Loot Box. It's really stupid and mocks indie developers who use microtransactions. But it's a really short silly game. You can actually see the game glitching up as you progress.