PlayStation 4 Update 5.0 is up! your thoughts?

slaveknight09

5 hours ago, Maxie Mouse said:

Should I add that, for PSVR owners, that the Processor Unit now turns OFF (power light on red) instead of staying ON with the white light? Not only we don’t longer need to turn off the PS4 or to plug out the Unit to reduce the energy usage, this let our PSVR setup where they are!

Great progress Sony on the VR software! :D

Seems like this update mainly benefits PSVR owners. Cool.

I wonder what the next update will bring to the table....?

i have black backgrounds for my notifications again, im happy. :)
the clock is also another feature that means i know don't have to fully exit a game when checking the time which is a bonus i guess.
nothing else about it really interests me or i'll see me utilising much.

The black notifications still look rather ugly in comparison to how they looked at launch, but it's an improvement I guess. I just don't like how it's opaque. Oh, and the trophy notifications still look inferior to how they were thanks to the "Trophy Earned" and trophy name having their positions swapped. So yeah, pretty lame.

21 hours ago, Miles_Warren said:

I wonder what the next update will bring to the table....1f914.png

System stability improvement.

Tweaks to the last update.

Random things that the majority of people don't want.

Nothing that the majority of people do want.

At least I am not seeing 10,000 people with Neptunia in their names right now.

The latest update seems to have broken the Share feature (uploading videos to YouTube). It asks me to log in to YouTube and after logging in, authenticating the device via the Google account and giving PS4 the appropriate rights it says it has successfully connected my YouTube account. But when I try to upload anything it keeps asking me to log in over and over. I have a PS4 Pro if it matters. Anyone have the same issue or any idea how to make it work?

Edited by Eyjabria

1 hour ago, Thalifm said:

Are you guys having issues with your game lists not being public to others even thought it is set as public?

Are you guys having issues with your game lists not being public to others even thought it is set as public?

I'm having this issue too, have a list of hidden games to other people, un-check all games and they appear as checked again.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I'm still having troubles with certain (not all) Downloads that come out of PSN to be honest. I've tried restarting my modem, put in rest mode or changing the DNS to 208.67.222 0101010111 etc.

Like this game for example:

za2eVdU.jpg?1

And I'm not the only one going through some of these problems:

It's pretty sad when I can just load up the Epic Games Launcher and it'll download in 20-30 minutes OR you can go through this ^^^  Thing is I've encountered similar problems that I fixed with PS3.

Edited by fyiByas