DanielVT's Giveaway (BETA)

DanielVT

Yes 'Chris shoulda won' if he posted earlier. The give away had already finished when he posted and the winner was already announced.

The rules do not state that a user must post at the end of the two months. Just that Daniel would contact the winner at the end of it. I posted at the beginning of the two months, so it is a moot point.

Yes 'Chris shoulda won' if he posted earlier. The give away had already finished when he posted and the winner was already announced.

tumblr_mbt00qlAkR1rs97fco1_500.gif

What? Shouldn't him thoroughly check all the participants trophy counts and posts? It isn't mandatory to post their total count at the end of it. The winner was announced without checking all of the participants.

• Like 2

Wow I bet Dan really wants to do another contest after all the heart warming responses he got.

Chris you didn't post your scores at the end so why should Dan total up your stuff for you. Whenever I ran a trophy contest if the people couldn't be bothered to total up their own stuff I just eliminated them (because I figured I they quit or moved on).

Azlan you are just upset because he picked someone over you. The whole point of this contest was to boost site participation, posting 1 post every 2 days is hardly doing that. So I think he was valid in picking Neptune who did well in posting and trophies.

Lime Samurai you weren't even in the contest (if I remember correctly) so why are you causing trouble? I know that is just what you like to do but it isn't really productive here.

This was a BETA contest instead of complaining about the end results let us thank Dan for giving up his own games and money and for the next contest he will know what to do better.

• Like 2

Wow I bet Dan really wants to do another contest after all the heart warming responses he got.

Chris you didn't post your scores at the end so why should Dan total up your stuff for you. Whenever I ran a trophy contest if the people couldn't be bothered to total up their own stuff I just eliminated them (because I figured I they quit or moved on).

Azlan you are just upset because he picked someone over you. The whole point of this contest was to boost site participation, posting 1 post every 2 days is hardly doing that. So I think he was valid in picking Neptune who did well in posting and trophies.

Lime Samurai you weren't even in the contest (if I remember correctly) so why are you causing trouble? I know that is just what you like to do but it isn't really productive here.

This was a BETA contest instead of complaining about the end results let us thank Dan for giving up his own games and money and for the next contest he will know what to do better.

I'm not upset, i know it's fair. This giveaway is about both posts and trophies but i only did well at one category which is in the trophies category. Since it's both, he chose the one that has both trophies and posts. 

As someone who did the competition, isn't it his job to check everyone's total count? :dunno: 

Beta is one thing. Not being equally fair is another thing.

• Like 1

Wow, this thread doesn't feel very inviting to post in but anyway...

I already turned it down anyway because once it was announced I was unsure myself and then with my own health issues making actually playing games impossible for now I figured I'd turn it down. I will say certain people who posted did jump the gun not you Azlan but Dragon-_-Tamer being one of them with him stating you were most likely the winner before it being considered and then liking every post that disputed Daniel's decision.

I only did this for fun and to try force myself to be a bit more active and it probably worked but a quick question why didn't people post any problems/suggestions a bit better instead of sounding like an ass though?

Just thought I'd post this, it is nearly 2am here so any errors or whatever you'll have to forgive me for.

I made the assumption of azlan possibly being the victor do to the amount of trophies she had obtained.  :rolleyes:

Edited by DRaGoN-_-TaMeR

Lol I cause trouble. Boy are you mentally incapable of thought seeing as 90% of my posts come from my sig section here or proving stupid people wrong, like with the election thread where someone who shall rename nameless said 'election wasnt voting for a new president.'

dr, it isn't like your a major contributor to this site as is, so please step off your high horse and get back down to earth. Its laughable.

I think you're still mad because you got trolled out of .com.

How to get attention (once more):

Step 1: Create a give-away thread.

Step 2: Choose an illogical winner.

Step 3: Watch the drama unfold.

Step 4: Act smart, making others feel dumb.

The guy did post his numbers. In your first post you say that to be qualified, you need to post your starting numbers. That's what he did. You need to adjust your first post for the next give-away and apologize for your dumb mistake or pick a different winner... and apologize for your dumb mistake.

EDIT: After I was done reading up on everything and commenting, I noticed you changed your first post and added a new rule that tells people to post their end stats. Big boy. Now apologize and everyone will be happy.

Edited by kiesmaarwa

You dont understand the problem? 

Your competition was flawed as there was no rule prior to your fail ninja edit to post the final numbers, therefore their argument is valid as it was not stated in the rules they had to.

Next time take more time with your thought process and make sure you dont have any flaws in your shit or loop holes.

Trophies and posts; this would assume a combination of the two at the end, correct? Therefore, with azlan obtaining over 700 trophies, even with the small quantity of posts, combined, she still should have been declared the winner. Posting is easier and faster than obtaining trophies. Before you begin the next giveaway, think about clarifying the rules a bit, this way the individuals who choose to participate will understand what should be done in order to win. In conclusion, the problem was the murky rules. 

I too noticed the changes in the posts by the way.

You guys need to back the heck out of here. In case you were not aware I SPECIFICALLY said this was a BETA. BETA as in I was sure there would be flaws and they would be found and worked out. Expecting perfection is silly. Also I changed the rules after everyone bitched about.....I was not sneakily trying to cover my ass. You guys did not participate, thus you have no right to comment. You are more than welcome to participate in a future round, but until then, and with all due respect, stay out of the thread. Thank you.

How to get attention (once more):

Step 1: Create a give-away thread.

Step 2: Choose an illogical winner.

Step 3: Watch the drama unfold.

Step 4: Act smart, making others feel dumb.

The guy did post his numbers. In your first post you say that to be qualified, you need to post your starting numbers. That's what he did. You need to adjust your first post for the next give-away and apologize for your dumb mistake or pick a different winner... and apologize for your dumb mistake.

EDIT: After I was done reading up on everything and commenting, I noticed you changed your first post and added a new rule that tells people to post their end stats. Big boy. Now apologize and everyone will be happy.

You dont understand the problem? 

Your competition was flawed as there was no rule prior to your fail ninja edit to post the final numbers, therefore their argument is valid as it was not stated in the rules they had to.

Next time take more time with your thought process and make sure you dont have any flaws in your shit or loop holes.

*whisper* I think Daniel is crying

Edited by DanielVT

I didn't partake in this contest nor have I made a post in this thread previously (from what I remember anyway) but I feel somewhat obliged to offer a friendly word of advice - move on, guys. All I can gather from reading through the posts is that there was a gross misunderstanding but it's done now; look forward to the next round of the contest which will hopefully be better organised, more established and with clearer rules, if you even choose to participate that is.

There is no point squabbling over what is ultimately a trivial matter; I'm just looking out for everyone here. 

I will third, fourth or whatever this post. It's unfortunate it unfolded this way.  Let's move on, yeah? 

Edited by daftprophet

Unfortunate? Yes, it is that people have to tarnish something that was started with good intentions. Unfortunate that people can not be grateful. Unfortunate that people cannot mind their own business when nothing going on pertains to them. Unfortunate that people expect the first round of something to be perfect and without flaws. Unfortunate that people will trash and be absolutely confrontational and rude to the host of a generous event. Unfortunate that said host cannot do a damn think right in the eyes of the community no matter how much said person tries. Yes, it is all unfortunate.

With that said, after the playoff round, I am SUSPENDING this competition till June or early July. I am too pissed off to feel generous right now. This competition will resume, of that you can be sure. 

I will third, fourth or whatever this post. It's unfortunate it unfolded this way.  Let's move on, yeah? 

THANK YOU!!!! I could not have said it better myself.