Mein Leben Runs.

20 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

I did it. I fucking did it.

Attempt #1: Died within the first 20 seconds... watched 9 minutes of in-game domestic abuse to die before even leaving the first room.

Attempt #2: Died at the Area 52 lift. I panicked and didn't want to risk the valve stealth, so instead... I stealthed them all and couldn't take down the final Superdolat stealthily. I triggered the alarm, and proceeded to hide in a room picking off enemies for 10 minutes. Boarded the lift, took out several more enemies, and then proceeded to run around the top of the lift area like a headless chicken, until I died.

Attempt #3: Died within the first 5 minutes... I died trying to pick off the far away guard with the SMG and died.

Attempt #4: Wooooo... I did it. And without messing up... lots.

1) My first near-death was at the end of New Orleans (Night). I was hiding in the house, thought it was all clear and proceeded to get lit up. I thankfully survived, and scoured every inch of that place before proceeding to the apartment so that I'd have some sort of HP/Armour.

2) I then proceeded to almost die at the apartment... a few minutes later. I used the Battle Walkers at the side to quickly take out the Commander. Or... at least that was the plan. I got blasted like never before and then quickly ran away getting whatever other healing I could find.

3) I almost died to the conveyer belt. This was the part I was beyond confident in. I mean, I've seen so many people do it without even using the Ricochet Shotgun and survive with a few scratches... except when I proceeded to miss all my shots on the one enemy and almost died. Oops.

4) I had prepared for the Ausmerzer. I went to the armoury to get full shield, ammo, I refilled my LaserKraftWerk, did the Ram Shackle Side Quest + Upgrade. Easy.

And then I went into the vent in the first 30 seconds of the level and got sprayed down to 20HP. I had no clue what to do. There was no healing and I had no clue how many enemies were left. Not to mention they enjoy grenading that section. However, the healing to the next increment when below 100HP with the one upgrade saved my ass. I tossed a grenade, BOOM. Not at 20HP anymore. Tossed another, and was able to get up another increment. And then Anya let me know I could proceed.

The final fight went spectacularly, although, I can't imagine using the EMP grenade strategy after 5 hours. I went in the bottom and rifled the next 20~ enemies and then lasered the Zerstörers.

Congrats dude 

• Like 1

Fantastic work!

27 minutes ago, OmegaRejectz said:

The final fight went spectacularly, although, I can't imagine using the EMP grenade strategy after 5 hours. I went in the bottom and rifled the next 20~ enemies and then lasered the Zerstörers.

Oh I know how that feels.  I've done the stack twice - once here and once on Steam.  For the latter I used your method as I found the EMP grenade strategy finicky, and no way I was going to trust my run to something that felt like a coin toss to succeed.  Especially given how much more comfortable I am shooting dudes with a mouse & keyboard.  Lean in to what I'm good at.

On PS4...oh boy.  I practiced the end fight using both approaches and both didn't feel great to me, given how much more difficult (for me) run & gun is with a controller.  I made up my mind that I would sort of "wing" it during my live attempts.  I used the EMP strat where you kill the first Zerstorer using a charged LKW headshot, and then proceed to use the grenade skip.  I told myself if I missed that headshot I would then book it underground and try the run and gun approach.  I had pretty good success with both of these in practice.  In the end, the grenade skip worked out.

Goddamn seeing someone get this trophy really pumps me up.  What a memorable experience.

• Like 3

I died on my second try at the stupid jump at the end of the Ausmerzer. This jump is BUGGY as hell. He would not jump and I fell off. Putting such a stupid jump nearly at the end of the game in a FIRST PERSON shooter is so cruel. Whatever. New run today. I also did a third run and died at the end of New Orleans but I was tired, so all cool.

I don't mind mein Leben but it's the ingame cutscenes  where you have to wait for ages which kills the fun of ghis game . Whatever. No whining doing another run today.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 1

Got this after about 10-12 tries a while ago. There is a bunch of videos you can use as guide and most of the troublesome levels can be cheese in some way, the dog ride can be done sneaky, courthouse is just a 15 min wait under the table, etc. In most levels as soon as you hit a checkpoint the enemies behind you will despawn almost instantly. Just play safe and be patient, keep trying, and practice the final fight a couple of times because you dont wanna die there. Good luck guys.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

I died on my second try at the stupid jump at the end of the Ausmerzer. This jump is BUGGY as hell. He would not jump and I fell off. Putting such a stupid jump nearly at the end of the game in a FIRST PERSON shooter is so cruel. Whatever. New run today. I also did a third run and died at the end of New Orleans but I was tired, so all cool.

I don't mind mein Leben but it's the ingame cutscenes  where you have to wait for ages which kills the fun of ghis game . Whatever. No whining doing another run today.

The struggle is real bro 

• Haha 1

Few updates on Mein Leben in Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus:
1st attempt: Died in the big hall before the Courtroom.

2nd attempt: Died in the Courtroom because of the dog.
3rd attempt: Died at the Ausmerzer on the small jump in front of the fan. My character wouldn't jump
4th attempt: Died in Neu Orleans at night before the burning house but I was tired and not concentrated, so I'm ok with this death.

5th attempt. Mein Leben done.

Thanks to @westersburg, @scoreaddict for their Videos and someone on yt, forgot his name, which showed me the Courtroom, behind the Box strat. I was more confident with this method instead of the "under the table" strat. 

I mixed my strats between Platinumvaults and Westersburgs videos. 

And I didn't upgraded the Rack Shambles. Platinumvault did this in his run. Imo it's unnecessary. 

Thanks to both of you and good luck to everyone who tries to get this trophy.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix
  • Like 4

On 9/27/2023 at 11:02 PM, DrunkenEngineer said:

Fantastic work!

Oh I know how that feels.  I've done the stack twice - once here and once on Steam.  For the latter I used your method as I found the EMP grenade strategy finicky, and no way I was going to trust my run to something that felt like a coin toss to succeed.  Especially given how much more comfortable I am shooting dudes with a mouse & keyboard.  Lean in to what I'm good at.

On PS4...oh boy.  I practiced the end fight using both approaches and both didn't feel great to me, given how much more difficult (for me) run & gun is with a controller.  I made up my mind that I would sort of "wing" it during my live attempts.  I used the EMP strat where you kill the first Zerstorer using a charged LKW headshot, and then proceed to use the grenade skip.  I told myself if I missed that headshot I would then book it underground and try the run and gun approach.  I had pretty good success with both of these in practice.  In the end, the grenade skip worked out.

Goddamn seeing someone get this trophy really pumps me up.  What a memorable experience.

The emp gre strat is this one ? 

I've used a emp strat but not this one lol 

On 9/29/2023 at 7:46 AM, ShadyWARcotix said:

You mean the one where you have to kill a robot just before ? I never knew if we could die here but was always scary of this possibility lol. Thats indeed an horrible way to die :X 

For cut scene, I personnaly watch video while playing ^^

14 hours ago, ShadyWARcotix said:

And I didn't upgraded the Rack Shambles. Platinumvault did this in his run. Imo it's unnecessary. 

How’s it unnecessary?

On 9/28/2023 at 11:46 PM, ShadyWARcotix said:

I don't mind mein Leben but it's the ingame cutscenes  where you have to wait for ages which kills the fun of ghis game .

100%.

it doesn’t matter if you’re the greatest gamer of all time, the worst, play with thumb sticks or mouse, you HAVE to watch 45~ minutes of cutscenes on a successful run & a bare minimum of 9 minutes just to attempt a run.

not to mention they added in those “QTEs” too, so you can’t just completely AFK and go do something else for x minutes, because if you don’t press that button you die. 🤦‍♀️ 

Edited by OmegaRejectz
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, Naruto06660 said:

The emp gre strat is this one ? 

I've used a emp strat but not this one lol 

You mean the one where you have to kill a robot just before ? I never knew if we could die here but was always scary of this possibility lol. Thats indeed an horrible way to die :X 

For cut scene, I personnaly watch video while playing ^^

Correct. I died there.. 🤣

Yeah same. I eat something or watched some stuff on YT. It was still annoying. 

But at least you can take a break for anfew minutes

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

On 9/27/2023 at 4:29 PM, OmegaRejectz said:

Attempt #1: Died within the first 20 seconds... watched 9 minutes of in-game domestic abuse to die before even leaving the first room

bro.. amazing 🤣🤣 that very same thing happened to me when on my very first attempt 😭😭 never thought I would find anyone that would relate to .. congrats 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, OmegaRejectz said:

not to mention they added in those “QTEs” too, so you can’t just completely AFK and go do something else for x minutes, because if you don’t press that button you die. 🤦‍♀️ 

Just after finished the wheelchair section, the one having her head chop off, blazko, take the suit !!!!!!! I was watching something on my pc, I forgot and just when i remembered it was too late, couldn't press the button and everyone died, lets go for another 9min of cut scene :DDDDDD I had SO MANY epic death, I have to make a best of lol. 

Correct. I died there.. 🤣

Died the same way but midlvl, in the area 52 you know ? To pass the elevator quicker :DDDDD Dying like this is horrible cause you don't even die cause your lack skill, just a freaking bad jump XDDDDDDDDD

But at least you can take a break for anfew minutes

It's even dangerous. Cause watching something else put you out of the game you know ? you're less focused but this challenge need your whole focusness so it's dangerous. But watching these cut scene were too horrible, had to watch something else lol. Thing is, I put a video on while playing, so I had both audio, I'm dead many times cause of this lack of focus. 

I got another method for the EMP, I wonder is someone already done what i've done. 

1 hour ago, Naruto06660 said:

It's even dangerous. Cause watching something else put you out of the game you know ? you're less focused but this challenge need your whole focusness so it's dangerous. But watching these cut scene were too horrible, had to watch something else lol. Thing is, I put a video on while playing, so I had both audio, I'm dead many times cause of this lack of focus. 

Lol I bet this has happened to tons of people. It happened to me a few times and I just wrote those off as non-attempts. The urge to put on a YT video or surf this thread or whatever gets pretty strong after watching those cutscenes for the zillionth time, but it’s surprisingly easy to get distracted and die there. And awful feeling knowing you gotta do that shit all over again immediately. 😆

8 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

Yes, though I used a variation on it that worked well for me.  It's in my resources post earlier in the thread where I compiled my tips for my successful runs.

It's a safe solution to take out the first one, I did that too. Well haven't use the laser though, figured it would be more fun to use a emp gre and then smash him with tons of shotgun shell in his damn head ! Then I turned around, lure out the second one, made a run to the ladder, throw a emp before climbing and all good. Always liked to complicate thing XD 

GG anyway man :) 

8 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Lol I bet this has happened to tons of people. It happened to me a few times and I just wrote those off as non-attempts. The urge to put on a YT video or surf this thread or whatever gets pretty strong after watching those cutscenes for the zillionth time, but it’s surprisingly easy to get distracted and die there. And awful feeling knowing you gotta do that shit all over again immediately. 😆

Sometimes I was like "oh shit I died ? Well I can watch the end for 9min then, great !" XDDDD

BTW do you guys know other plats like that ? I love difficulty, a lil bit of bdsm maybe ? XD

Edited by Naruto06660

22 hours ago, Naruto06660 said:

I completed the story few years ago and I thought about doing mein Leben (started a different stack) that's why I started this game immediately on IADI, completed it again and put some save slots on some hard parts or some parts as a practice, like the elevator scene.

I did few runs in the party with some of my friends because the difficulty started in the Courtroom for me and I knew every cutscene when I have to do a qte or not. If you don't memorised the game by heart it's normal to stay focused on these parts.

But after dying 2 times under the table I used a different strat and practiced it. Worked perfectly for my next 2 or 3 Mein Leben runs.

@Naruto06660 Shadow Warrior 1 has also a permadeath mode but only level for level. Outlast 2 is like Mein Leben. You have to complete the game in 1 sitting. It's on my to do list.

Edited by ShadyWARcotix

13 hours ago, Naruto06660 said:

BTW do you guys know other plats like that ? I love difficulty, a lil bit of bdsm maybe ? XD

I feel ya, the hunt for Wolf 2 was addictive and definitely left me with an itch that I want to scratch again. The closest thing I’ve platinumed to Wolfenstein 2 would be Max Payne 3, but unfortunately the multiplayer was shut down so it’s no longer obtainable unless you already nabbed those trophies before. Max Payne 1 & 2 are in the process of being remade though so maybe they will offer a similar challenge in the near future.

I’d still recommend Max Payne 3 just for pure fun and adrenaline though, you could still earn the ultra rare ‘The Shadows Rushed Me’ trophy which is impressive to have on your profile regardless! It’s a permadeath mode where you are also running against a depleting clock and can only add time by getting kills. This leads to a very fast and aggressive style of play — no sitting back and camping like Wolfenstein 2! MP3 became one of my all time favourite games because of the time I spent with it, it’s an amazing experience I’d recommend to everyone, regardless of whether you go after the platinum or not.

The guy above me mentioned Shadow Warrior which is also a good suggestion. Funnily enough, I’m actually working on this game for my 350th platinum as we speak and I’m just about to start my Heroic run today. Shadow Warrior doesn’t have full permadeath though as your progress is saved between each chapter, but the trade off is that it’s a much longer game. There are 17 chapters and they range from 20 min to upwards of 90 minutes in length. It’s an awesome game though, I’m sure you’d love it. It’s by far the closest thing to Wolfenstein 2 out of all these suggestions as it’s also an FPS.

You could also try Outlast 2, Dead Space 2, or The Evil Within.

I haven’t done the 2 former yet, but both offer quite similar challenges, and a big bonus if you love survival horror. Outlast 2 has a full permadeath mode which is apparently no joke. Dead Space 2 isn’t full permadeath but it has a Hardcore mode that jacks the difficulty way up and only allows you to save 3 times throughout the entire game. I’ve heard it’s very tough and thrilling. I’m planning to check this one out very soon, probably this month actually for some spooky Halloween horror. The Evil Within has no permadeath at all, but offers a one-hit death mode called Akumu which is quite a tough challenge and very fun to go for. I bagged this one earlier this year.

tl;dr Short answer, unfortunately there’s nothing exactly quite like the Wolfenstein 2 experience out there that I know of, but these suggestions undoubtedly offer similar enough challenges that come pretty close to scratching that same itch.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

I feel ya, the hunt for Wolf 2 was addictive and definitely left me with an itch that I want to scratch again. The closest thing I’ve platinumed to Wolfenstein 2 would be Max Payne 3, but unfortunately the multiplayer was shut down so it’s no longer obtainable unless you already nabbed those trophies before. Max Payne 1 & 2 are in the process of being remade though so maybe they will offer a similar challenge in the near future.

I’d still recommend Max Payne 3 just for pure fun and adrenaline though, you could still earn the ultra rare ‘The Shadows Rushed Me’ trophy which is impressive to have on your profile regardless! It’s a permadeath mode where you are also running against a depleting clock and can only add time by getting kills. This leads to a very fast and aggressive style of play — no sitting back and camping like Wolfenstein 2! MP3 became one of my all time favourite games because of the time I spent with it, it’s an amazing experience I’d recommend to everyone, regardless of whether you go after the platinum or not.

The guy above me mentioned Shadow Warrior which is also a good suggestion. Funnily enough, I’m actually working on this game for my 350th platinum as we speak and I’m just about to start my Heroic run today. Shadow Warrior doesn’t have full permadeath though as your progress is saved between each chapter, but the trade off is that it’s a much longer game. There are 17 chapters and they range from 20 min to upwards of 90 minutes in length. It’s an awesome game though, I’m sure you’d love it. It’s by far the closest thing to Wolfenstein 2 out of all these suggestions as it’s also an FPS.

I haven’t done the 2 former yet, but both offer quite similar challenges, and a big bonus if you love survival horror. Outlast 2 has a full permadeath mode which is apparently no joke. Dead Space 2 isn’t full permadeath but it has a Hardcore mode that jacks the difficulty way up and only allows you to save 3 times throughout the entire game. I’ve heard it’s very tough and thrilling. I’m planning to check this one out very soon, probably this month actually for some spooky Halloween horror. The Evil Within has no permadeath at all, but offers a one-hit death mode called Akumu which is quite a tough challenge and very fun to go for. I bagged this one earlier this year.

tl;dr Short answer, unfortunately there’s nothing exactly quite like the Wolfenstein 2 experience out there that I know of, but these suggestions undoubtedly offer similar enough challenges that come pretty close to scratching that same itch.

I just hope they remaster max payne 3, after the max payne 1+2 remakes release. Just the sp (including NYM), and improved performance (60 fps and less crashing) and i'm all in. Poor ps3 performance stopped me from attempting that game. Still considering to do it on pc if a remaster never releases.

• Like 3

10 hours ago, westersburg said:

I just hope they remaster max payne 3, after the max payne 1+2 remakes release. Just the sp (including NYM), and improved performance (60 fps and less crashing) and i'm all in. Poor ps3 performance stopped me from attempting that game. Still considering to do it on pc if a remaster never releases.

I have it on MP3 on PC and haven't gotten around to it yet.  If they announce a server shutdown that would definitely get me motivated!

10 hours ago, westersburg said:

Same here! Like I said above, it’s become one of my all time favourite games so I would kill for a chance to play a modernized version of it with all the rough edges smoothed over.

It was a pretty rough platinum for those reasons. NYMHC is only a tiny part of the battle, the worst part by far is undoubtedly all the multiplayer trophies requiring a lot of boosting and the grind to level 50. I’ve done some really bad grinds over the years but few of them compare to the absolute soul crushing tedium of reaching rank 50 in Max Payne 3. It was bad enough that I put down the game for like two years after that and didn’t end up picking it up again and finishing NYMHC until Christmas last year.

60 FPS, decreased load times, and elimination of all the crashes, bugs, and glitches with complete removal of multiplayer sounds absolutely heavenly. 😍

On 10/1/2023 at 6:54 PM, ShadyWARcotix said:

I completed the story few years ago and I thought about doing mein Leben (started a different stack) that's why I started this game immediately on IADI, completed it again and put some save slots on some hard parts or some parts as a practice, like the elevator scene.

I did few runs in the party with some of my friends because the difficulty started in the Courtroom for me and I knew every cutscene when I have to do a qte or not. If you don't memorised the game by heart it's normal to stay focused on these parts.

But after dying 2 times under the table I used a different strat and practiced it. Worked perfectly for my next 2 or 3 Mein Leben runs.

@Naruto06660 Shadow Warrior 1 has also a permadeath mode but only level for level. Outlast 2 is like Mein Leben. You have to complete the game in 1 sitting. It's on my to do list.

Surprisely, the courtroom, after being my worst nightmare, became the easiest part of the game, well it's freaking hard but once you know where to go and keep killing mass ennemies, you're good. As soon as the door open, you just have to rush upstair and then shoot at everything that comes your way, so as soon as you are upstair, you're pretty safe :) 

I've played both, got the plat for both, they're easier than wolf cause they're not as long as wolf. Only Max Payne comes to me when I think to a game having similar difficulty and yet, he's easier too. I did died at the end thought, tough one XDDDDD

On 10/1/2023 at 7:22 PM, dieselmanchild said:

I feel ya, the hunt for Wolf 2 was addictive and definitely left me with an itch that I want to scratch again.

You understand me alright, that's exactly what I'm feeling. I did know this Wolf for years, I heard of this hard trophy for years, and always wondered if it was that hard ? Now I finelly have my answer and it's kinda fun after so many years ... It was indeed addictive, when you do it seriously, you start to try hard the hardest part of the game, to have a good workout for when you finelly try mein leben. Though some lvl caught me by surprise on some things, and I had to learn even then from my mein leben deaths lol. 

But this feeling, yes, I've already had it plenty of time : max payne, Injustice, hollow knight and so many more ... So freaking good ... The only one I don't have and I will maybe get back to it : meatboy. This one is a crazy one. 

Already played and plat Shadow Warrior too, it's way more easy than wolf clearly, I don't remember having troubles on this game honestly. Though I loved the gameplay so much that it was almost too easy I dunno how to say it but I was in fusion with the game lol it's a really good one, have to play the second one but he got a pretty bad reception, seems like he's not as good as the first one ... 😕 So I'll play it but later. 

Played and plat Max Payne 3 too and it was indeed one awesome game ... so many good memories with it. It's a shame though cause I'm like at 98% and just missing me some online dlc trophies. But got the principal ones :) 

Outlast, played both and plat both :) Easier cause of the game being short, but the final jump really scared me like hell lol. 

Dead Space 2 : finishing the game with 3 save only if I remember correctly ? Same as wolf, heard of it for years but never played it, and I know I will freaking love it so I have to play this one, already got the remake for the first one, time flies so quickly !

Evil Within : played and plat both ! Even combined the akumu mode with no upgrade for more difficulty lol ! And it was tons of funs, and rage too XDDDDDDDDDDD

Should've read after lol. Thanks for all the info mate :) I'm really tempted by dead space too :) 

Yes, as I plat almost all of the game proposed, I can tell that the feeling is quite de same .... we never get tired of this feeling seriously :) 

On 10/2/2023 at 8:03 PM, dieselmanchild said:

Same here! Like I said above, it’s become one of my all time favourite games so I would kill for a chance to play a modernized version of it with all the rough edges smoothed over.

It was a pretty rough platinum for those reasons. NYMHC is only a tiny part of the battle, the worst part by far is undoubtedly all the multiplayer trophies requiring a lot of boosting and the grind to level 50. I’ve done some really bad grinds over the years but few of them compare to the absolute soul crushing tedium of reaching rank 50 in Max Payne 3. It was bad enough that I put down the game for like two years after that and didn’t end up picking it up again and finishing NYMHC until Christmas last year.

60 FPS, decreased load times, and elimination of all the crashes, bugs, and glitches with complete removal of multiplayer sounds absolutely heavenly. 😍

Yeah I confirm that : the multi of max payne was horrible lol, rarely saw that. Some games are just not meant to be multi. 

• Like 1