Mein Leben Runs.

11 minutes ago, AllHailScience said:

There were no robots yet. I just reached the elevator, hid, then remembered that I need to press the button to activate the elevator and died during climbing animation 

I believe that the spot you've died on that elevator is a death barrier since I remember watching some failed runs ending exactly at that very spot, just like in your footage.

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 7:59 PM, XxIsa-GxX said:

I believe that the spot you've died on that elevator is a death barrier since I remember watching some failed runs ending exactly at that very spot, just like in your footage.

Got the same at the beginning, it's honestly shameful to see bug like this one on a mein leben run. 

• Like 1

On 10/15/2023 at 10:45 AM, AllHailScience said:

There were no robots yet. I just reached the elevator, hid, then remembered that I need to press the button to activate the elevator and died during climbing animation 

That is pretty funny but ngl that’s very unfortunate! 😆 That room seems to be a death trap with all the bizarre and buggy ways you can die. Aside from robots landing on you, one that a lot of people don’t realize can happen (even though it’s pretty common) is a bug where the helicopter landing causes an instant death. I’ve seen this one in a lot of videos.

The thing is — you don’t even have to be underneath it or anywhere near it for that matter, or using the battle walkers, or to be doing anything at all that would make sense really. Sometimes it just lands and if you’re anywhere out in the open it will just insta-kill you without explanation. I always waited safely underneath the cover until it fully landed for that very reason, and I never used battlewalkers to reach the exit prompt for fear of clipping the helicopter blades.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, AllHailScience said:

I did it. I did it. I did it.

Everything that could go wrong - gone wrong. This was so shitty stream that it had to be this one. 

Shit stream quality, strats failing, my brother having mental breakdown because of personal trauma, had to pause the game and calm him for an hour. I was gonna stop the stream, but eventually he got better and even joined the stream chat to cheer me up. Then everything gone even worse, I was on the edge of death a few more times. I was nervous, everything was so slow and wrong in my mind. And then it just happened. I beat Mein Leben. 

I'm so happy! I was scared of this plat for almost 5 years and now it's mine. 

Done. Never playing it again. Would recommend to everyone, incredibly rewarding plat. The end))

This kind of win after so much battle are the best :) 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is a known strat for elevator section, but I'll post my clip here. Strangely, no one seems to use it, but it never failed me and I view it as safest and 100% consistent. I kill everyone on the lower floor, activate elevator, then hide on the back right corner.

1 Supersoldier dies on landing from a charged lasercraftwerk shot.

Then 1 robot rushes you from the left - I shotgun him.

Second supersoldier dies as the first one did.

Fnally second robot rushes you from right - shotgun him. And no one rushes you on upper floor.

Why people still bother with stealth shenanigans and the rail jump?

Spoiler

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...
On 11/9/2023 at 12:43 PM, AllHailScience said:

I don't know if this is a known strat for elevator section, but I'll post my clip here. Strangely, no one seems to use it, but it never failed me and I view it as safest and 100% consistent. I kill everyone on the lower floor, activate elevator, then hide on the back right corner.

1 Supersoldier dies on landing from a charged lasercraftwerk shot.

Then 1 robot rushes you from the left - I shotgun him.

Second supersoldier dies as the first one did.

Fnally second robot rushes you from right - shotgun him. And no one rushes you on upper floor.

Why people still bother with stealth shenanigans and the rail jump?

Hide contents

Interesting tactic, gonna give this a shot on a practice run. The first half of your strategy is more or less identical to what I do, except I jump and run the rails instead of taking the elevator, which I then have to blast my way through rushing enemies and rush myself to the despawn point which is nerve-racking at times. This looks a hell of a lot safer, thanks!  

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, coldhardcrash_ said:

Absolutely livid. I turned off the option to automatically install updates in rest mode after this, lesson learnt.

I seriously don't understand why they install updates if they know there's a game "running" in rest mode.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DrunkenEngineer said:

52 times watching that intro cinematic would have made me eat a bullet.  That's some stamina you got there!

Haha after the first few times, I learnt it's best to keep myself busy watching a YouTube video or make myself a coffee while it plays out in the background. I never give up, just used each death as a learning experience! 

40 minutes ago, HusKy said:

Congrats, I especially like your chart. 🤓

Thanks man! 

35 minutes ago, HusKy said:

I seriously don't understand why they install updates if they know there's a game "running" in rest mode.

Agreed. It was definitely new to me, I've never used Rest mode on the PS5 on any other game. 

• Like 1

Yooo congratulations @coldhardcrash_!!! I knew you could do it man. Your perseverance and determination is truly impressive. 🙂

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your Death Diary. Attempts #41, 44, and 48 were particularly brutal so kudos to you for not losing focus! I literally had the exact same misfortune of getting shot in the back at the final boss and it was a crucial moment for me where that mental toughness had to kick in, because it was crushing to say the least, especially with how well things went up to that point. I can’t believe you accidentally walked off the bridge at the start of Ausmerzer 2 either lmao, that’s hilarious! Just as bad a brain fart as when I accidentally clicked the wrong dialogue at Hitler and nuked a good run hahaha.

I saw the video you posted in the chat of your successful run and how close that Supersoldat came to killing you.. gotta say amazing work at recovering quickly and staying calm and composed for that final charge up the ladder. It was executed perfectly. I can imagine how great that felt!

Final thoughts… I think your graph was a really beautiful touch and very interesting to look at now. As frustrating as all the setbacks can be while you’re actually in the thick of it, it’s pretty neat to be able to analyze your graph now and see that you were actually making very steady progress with each passing day. I mean you can pretty much draw a diagonal line across the graph from your first attempt to your final! 😁

Great work man. Enjoy the victory lap!! 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Yooo congratulations @coldhardcrash_!!! I knew you could do it man. Your perseverance and determination is truly impressive. 🙂

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your Death Diary. Attempts #41, 44, and 48 were particularly brutal so kudos to you for not losing focus! I literally had the exact same misfortune of getting shot in the back at the final boss and it was a crucial moment for me where that mental toughness had to kick in, because it was crushing to say the least, especially with how well things went up to that point. I can’t believe you accidentally walked off the bridge at the start of Ausmerzer 2 either lmao, that’s hilarious! Just as bad a brain fart as when I accidentally clicked the wrong dialogue at Hitler and nuked a good run hahaha.

I saw the video you posted in the chat of your successful run and how close that Supersoldat came to killing you.. gotta say amazing work at recovering quickly and staying calm and composed for that final charge up the ladder. It was executed perfectly. I can imagine how great that felt!

Final thoughts… I think your graph was a really beautiful touch and very interesting to look at now. As frustrating as all the setbacks can be while you’re actually in the thick of it, it’s pretty neat to be able to analyze your graph now and see that you were actually making very steady progress with each passing day. I mean you can pretty much draw a diagonal line across the graph from your first attempt to your final! 😁

Great work man. Enjoy the victory lap!! 

Thanks so much man! 

I couldn't believe my luck (or lack thereof) when that soldier shot me in the back, considering that had happened maybe twice over 30+ practice runs of that final fight, but I figured if I made it that far once then the whole thing definitely wasn't out of my reach. I generally kept quite calm across most of my deaths (considering I mostly play late nights when my daughter is asleep), but the walk off the bridge at the start of Ausmerzer 2 had me yell into a pillow out of frustration and is just about the one time I lost it in all of these attempts 🤣Oh man, misclicking a line in the Venus audition would absolutely suck! Can't imagine the frustration haha

Surviving the supersoldat in the final fight had my heart racing, and even more so when I made it up the ladder and into the vent! Such a great feeling overall though. 

I noticed that sort of trend in my graph too, just goes to show that persistence and practice are so important for this challenge. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 12/11/2023 at 7:00 AM, coldhardcrash_ said:

A massive shout out to a lot of you in this thread for sharing strats for some sticky sections, particularly @scoreaddict for his brilliant Safe Strategies Mein Leben guide. 

Congratulations! Thank you for sharing your story in such detail. I love reading the death diary. And the visualization of your deaths is impressive. Some brutal deaths in there! Can’t imagine the Venus and Ausmerzer 2 deaths. (I had one Ausmerzer 2 deaths in 50 tries and it was devastating - try #30 if I remember correctly.)

I am glad, that the guide was useful!

• 3 months later...

Nothings hurts a man’s pride and soul as having reached the last area of the game and having the platform fall beneath you as you’re checking your guns are all realoaded, and then your next run getting to the same spot and then dying a minute later to some sneaky bastard chucking a grenade you couldn’t see. I’m a broken man at this point.

On 10/14/2023 at 6:23 AM, AllHailScience said:

Such a fair death...

Reveal hidden contents

Damn. I remember something unexplainable happening to me in one run during the Manhattan level. No enemies around (at least I thought) and died while crossing through the building.

2 hours ago, FatherJack__ said:

Nothings hurts a man’s pride and soul as having reached the last area of the game and having the platform fall beneath you as you’re checking your guns are all realoaded, and then your next run getting to the same spot and then dying a minute later to some sneaky bastard chucking a grenade you couldn’t see. I’m a broken man at this point.

That's rough, buddy.