The Aussie Summer Trophy Shootout - Winner Readytofuky

On 2/2/2018 at 3:15 PM, Feral said:

Lol! I can only hope to knock 41 out before you do.

:o I'm doing alright in this besides we all know you'll go kamikaze and earn that wooden spoon.

Well my next game is Wipeout 2048 so I think you're pretty safe lol.

On 2/2/2018 at 9:39 PM, simpgraus said:

The number of golden games completed. amazing. @TheWayne-o good sign for your comp!

Thanks for the score update mate! I always plan the backlog for every competition with the best intentions and then life, uh...finds a way (to ruin my plans) :P

• Like 2

Yesterday I finally got my backlog game (Gun Gun Pixies) for the month done. Just made it to the first page of the leaderboard at #50, 10th fastest & the first to throw up an Aussie flag (sorry!!!!). Actually besides one German, I'm the first one outside Japan/Korea/Hong Kong to do this here.

After doing it I can totally see why the stats are the way they are. It was incredibly difficult to get into. Once I got good at the game & completed a playthrough I bothered to look at the trophy list. The game was better than I expected but the trophies were so much worse. They demand at least 6 playthroughs for different endings (which are just a single fucking screen) & two of the endings are really fiddly one involving shooting a picture frame which has a lifebar during just one single section in the game, the other forcing the player to get 'C' ranks for every boss fight (I didn't get as low as a C rank the entire time before going for this). There is no system data saving so every run has to be from the very start from the tutorial and it's just this massive time sink. I actually stuffed up the picture frame ending so I had to do 7 playthroughs, I think it was over 50 hours of gameplay on the clock.

There are cutscenes before, after & during every single damn thing & I think 20 hours was spent skipping the same cutscenes. They patched in a faster skip but no way to skip the whole thing & move on to the action. There's a special feature they took from spelunker where falling from height kills the player & you have to restart the whole mission again, but after beating the game once it unlocks invincibility & absolute stealth which takes all the challenge away. They also patched this in, it used to unlock after getting every ending so doing this pre-patch would have been beyond torture. I've got so much more to say about it but I'll stop there. I could write a trophy guide but I don't want to encourage anyone to put themselves through this. I might write it anyway & just make it available on request. I took heaps of screenshots but I can't find the cable to connect my Vita tv to the PC so that's a bust.

TLDR; I expected a Bakage but instead I got a Batsu game.

Edited by readytofuky
  • Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Bump ?

We'll find out in a few hours who wins a copy of Far Cry 5, who gets the PSN dollars and most importantly, the lucky dog!

I've done all I can now. Hopefully it was enough. I've had my best ever month of trophy hunting with a personal record of 16 platinums which I'm quite proud of. Could have been more but I didn't want a bullshit game as my 250th platinum milestone.

Good luck to everyone 

Edited by MattyH16
  • Like 4

On 11/02/2018 at 1:08 PM, readytofuky said:

Yesterday I finally got my backlog game (Gun Gun Pixies) for the month done. Just made it to the first page of the leaderboard at #50, 10th fastest & the first to throw up an Aussie flag (sorry!!!!). Actually besides one German, I'm the first one outside Japan/Korea/Hong Kong to do this here.

After doing it I can totally see why the stats are the way they are. It was incredibly difficult to get into. Once I got good at the game & completed a playthrough I bothered to look at the trophy list. The game was better than I expected but the trophies were so much worse. They demand at least 6 playthroughs for different endings (which are just a single fucking screen) & two of the endings are really fiddly one involving shooting a picture frame which has a lifebar during just one single section in the game, the other forcing the player to get 'C' ranks for every boss fight (I didn't get as low as a C rank the entire time before going for this). There is no system data saving so every run has to be from the very start from the tutorial and it's just this massive time sink. I actually stuffed up the picture frame ending so I had to do 7 playthroughs, I think it was over 50 hours of gameplay on the clock.

There are cutscenes before, after & during every single damn thing & I think 20 hours was spent skipping the same cutscenes. They patched in a faster skip but no way to skip the whole thing & move on to the action. There's a special feature they took from spelunker where falling from height kills the player & you have to restart the whole mission again, but after beating the game once it unlocks invincibility & absolute stealth which takes all the challenge away. They also patched this in, it used to unlock after getting every ending so doing this pre-patch would have been beyond torture. I've got so much more to say about it but I'll stop there. I could write a trophy guide but I don't want to encourage anyone to put themselves through this. I might write it anyway & just make it available on request. I took heaps of screenshots but I can't find the cable to connect my Vita tv to the PC so that's a bust.

TLDR; I expected a Bakage but instead I got a Batsu game.

Congrats mate, sounds brutal. Hope there was some fun in there somewhere. This trophy guide on request seems to be coming a thing with you ?. I think you should put them up on a site your work is excellent share the love, or not. But send me one please ?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

I can't wait to see how we all ended up doing for this event!

Thanks again to @simpgraus for hosting the event :)

a sim failing so hard on kz2 i will update this tomorrow night, please have profiles synced..

sorry for my lack of updates lately... but u know KZ2 is aids

Of course first price is a upcoming game and with this means the winner will have to wait sometime.

the other prize will be paid out on friday..

the draw for lucky dogs will be done by my brother thursday night ...

number 4 to 15 into a bucket, first picked wins

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, TheWayne-o said:

I can't wait to see how we all ended up doing for this event!

Thanks again to @simpgraus for hosting the event :)

My thoughts exactly, 

@simpgraus, will be free to help with kz2 from saturday arvo, going to see if i can get a mate over to use my alt to speed things up a bit (rather than trying to juggle 2 controllers and watch 2 screens,lol)

6 minutes ago, damage_6-9 said:

My thoughts exactly, 

@simpgraus, will be free to help with kz2 from saturday arvo, going to see if i can get a mate over to use my alt to speed things up a bit (rather than trying to juggle 2 controllers and watch 2 screens,lol)

im working this weekend, as much as i would love the help it wont be much help.

However next weekend or any day would be great..

for current week im 43th (cutoff is 11th atm)

2 hours ago, CjShai said:

Congrats mate, sounds brutal. Hope there was some fun in there somewhere. This trophy guide on request seems to be coming a thing with you 1f600.png. I think you should put them up on a site your work is excellent share the love, or not. But send me one please 1f600.png

Hah well the gameplay was pretty enjoyable once I got used to it, the repetition was really insane though even for 'this type of game'. The constant & slow cutscene skipping was what almost did me in. It was a mental game at that point. That Onechanbara binge I went on a few days prior was nothing compared to this. I should have just done an Onechanbara triple stack. The irony is I could have picked that for the ps4 backlog game. I will provide that guide, I just need to re do the front page & it's ready. Hopefully one day it can be legitimised but needs a language edit at this stage.

Oh someone synced & knocked me onto the 2nd page for Gunpix so #51 now. I kind of pushed to get that #50 spot so it's funny how that didn't matter at all in the end. ?

I've just done a last sync for the month, a pitiful 5 trophies messing around tonight but yesterdays binge had some high level easy earning, I did the limited physical Vita version of Mecho Tales which at this point is the only way an Aussie can get this version. I checked & it still isn't on the store, looked at the leaderboards & first Aussie on there, I dunno why but I always like it when that happens. I'm sure in the future there'll be heaps of others who've since signed up & I'll get knocked off all those spots as well.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Warlord99956 said:

Yeah because grinding a game that you probably won’t 100% on a profile with a 55% completion rate is way more important than looking after the competition you are hosting or helping out the rest of your team. You asked us all to form this team to help you out then completely ignored us in chat parties and text groups since day 1, along with spending more time grinding pointless games than you spent earning trophies. Doesn’t sound much like teamwork to me. 

@CjShai, @Kaley and myself have each averaged more trophies in 2 days than you’ve earned in a month throughout the duration of the competition. I understand that you like to call yourself a trophy hunter but are in fact an incredibly slow earner and uncommitted player (I knew this going in to the comp) but I would have expected at least a tiny bit of effort to be put in, especially seen as you have a huge amount of very short games sitting on your list that are partially completed. The attitude you have shown towards your team mates is a massive “Fuck you”, even though we are the ones helping you out in the first place. In fact, I think the way this whole comp has been run and the way the scores have been hidden and manipulated is a massive “Fuck you” to everyone involved but that’s between you and the guys in the main competition. 

Congrats to the main team on the win. I think the 3 of us held up pretty well against you all though! I hope whoever is given the prize enjoys it and well done to the other players. I know a lot of you worked hard and posted some pretty good numbers. I hope you managed to take some enjoyment out of the comp and I hope to compete with (most) of you again in the future.

giphy.gif

• Like 3

12 hours ago, Warlord99956 said:

Yeah because grinding a game that you probably won’t 100% on a profile with a 55% completion rate is way more important than looking after the competition you are hosting or helping out the rest of your team. You asked us all to form this team to help you out then completely ignored us in chat parties and text groups since day 1, along with spending more time grinding pointless games than you spent earning trophies. Doesn’t sound much like teamwork to me. 

@CjShai, @Kaley and myself have each averaged more trophies in 2 days than you’ve earned in a month throughout the duration of the competition. I understand that you like to call yourself a trophy hunter but are in fact an incredibly slow earner and uncommitted player (I knew this going in to the comp) but I would have expected at least a tiny bit of effort to be put in, especially seen as you have a huge amount of very short games sitting on your list that are partially completed. The attitude you have shown towards your team mates is a massive “Fuck you”, even though we are the ones helping you out in the first place. In fact, I think the way this whole comp has been run and the way the scores have been hidden and manipulated is a massive “Fuck you” to everyone involved but that’s between you and the guys in the main competition. 

Congrats to the main team on the win. I think the 3 of us held up pretty well against you all though! I hope whoever is given the prize enjoys it and well done to the other players. I know a lot of you worked hard and posted some pretty good numbers. I hope you managed to take some enjoyment out of the comp and I hope to compete with (most) of you again in the future.

I feel that outburst was probably meant to be said In a private msg if you consider Greg as a friend. My opinion however. Congrats to the main comp players good effort to the top three congrats. As for the UN qualified players wow there was some serious numbers earnt top work.

16 minutes ago, AKA_TROJAN said:

I feel that outburst was probably meant to be said In a private msg if you consider Greg as a friend

It was mentioned in a private chat on 2 occasions but it was just met with total ignorance. I thought now the comp is over I would make my opinions more public as people who still consider simp as a friend should be made aware of how badly he lets his so called friends down and how he completely ignores commitments he made to them when it suits him. 

I know you are his his close friend so it’s only natural that you would want to jump to his defence but if someone makes a commitment to do something then completely fucks it off and ignores you for 3 months you would be pretty pissed off too!

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Warlord99956 said:

It was mentioned in a private chat on 2 occasions but it was just met with total ignorance. I thought now the comp is over I would make my opinions more public as people who still consider simp as a friend should be made aware of how badly he lets his so called friends down and how he completely ignores commitments he made to them when it suits him. 

I know you are his his close friend so it’s only natural that you would want to jump to his defence but if someone makes a commitment to do something then completely fucks it off and ignores you for 3 months you would be pretty pissed off too!

Greg's a friend through playstation like all of us probably are having said that I do class Greg a friend when my wife was in hospital last year he reached out every day asking if she was getting better. However yes had someone made a promise/commitment and let's you down then yes I'd be well and truly pissed off but I guess you and I handle that situation in different ways. 

13 minutes ago, simpgraus said:

Now the elephant in the room. Trophies for me are always been about hunting and playing, however sometimes life happens u don't game much or you play a certain game. sometimes u just want to have fun.. and sometimes the psn as a whole is not your main focus in life.

I can understand your point but why commit to something and then fuck it off without a word or an explanation? You have actively avoided all of us throughout the entire comp. You’ve also ignored the messages in the group chat. I don’t care how many trophies you earned. What bothers me is the way you committed to the team goals then broke that commitment without explanation or apology. If you want to discuss in more detail I’m happy to speak to you in a chat or private message

3 hours ago, AKA_TROJAN said:

However yes had someone made a promise/commitment and let's you down then yes I'd be well and truly pissed off but I guess you and I handle that situation in different ways. 

Well normally I would try talking to the person, which I did and was ignored. Then I would try sending messages, which I did and was ignored. So after 3 months of trying to have a discussion I got a bit tired of it and posted my views here where I know they will be seen and finally (as you can see) I got a response. As far as I can see the only other option I had would be to lie back and accept it but I’m not the sort of person to sit here silently and let people take the piss

• Like 2

55 minutes ago, readytofuky said:

Nice one, didn't know how I would go but I violated most if not all principals I may or may not have had & tried an 'authentic trophy hunting experience' & things happened. Played a handful of 'games' too some of which were alright. I'll be up North for a few days & won't be able to post so it's great that it's a bit before 5 in the morning & I can barely string a sentence together, cheers to everyone who participated/organised/shit-talked etc :)

Well done mate. Massive effort! 

• Like 1

Well I missed my flight through no fault of my own so I've got the day to play I guess. No point getting mad about it. I should say thanks to CJ for the constant immoral support/egging me on & all the great amusing stuff you posted throughout. That was encouraging & helped a lot. We are competing in this new event but you can ask me about anything anytime or for help with something but I'm sure you know that already. I didn't really want to post that & add to the personality cult thing but there it is.

*edit* I also want to give a shoutout to Orphioon for doing that Trinity: Souls of Zill O'll stack. I had a look at profiles the other week & noticed that. I loved that game. I did it so many years ago now & wasn't thinking much about stacking or trophies so it never occurred to me to do the JPN version. Anyway for what it's worth I thought that was really cool to see. Just another thing in the long list of stuff I've wanted to do but have been too lazy that you've actually gone through with.

1 hour ago, adam1984123 said:

Well done mate. Massive effort! 

Cheers! My brain got a bit fried in the process & I'm thinking for a little while I'll take a page out of your book & play some stuff I like. At least until the first round of scores come out for the new event ?

Edited by readytofuky
  • Like 2