Young Trophy hunters.

Extratenzy

I would say as long as it doesn't harm your body or mind, or those closest to you, that you do what you enjoy and don't give a crap what anyone else thinks of you. At the end of the day, in the long run of your long and lovely life - the people that make you feel wrong for wanting to be a certain way should be about as significant to you as the socks you decide to wear each day.

• Like 2

I started trophy hunting around 6 years ago when I was 11 (wow does time fly). What set me off on this grand ol' adventure of trophy hunting was my cousin. He was going for the inFAMOUS blast shards, when I asked him what he was doing. "I'm trying to platinum the game." I didn't even know what that was. He explained it to me and showed me his collection of 13 platinums. At the time, I thought those were so many LOL

• Like 1

I didn't start until I was in my mid 20s, but even when I was your age, I liked the challenge of unlocking everything in a game. I remember wanting to get every frog coin in Super Mario RPG, or every playable racer in Diddy Kong Racing, or all 120 stars in Super Mario 64. Those were trophies to us '90 kids.

I'm so glad there's now a way to tie all of those achievements together under a single account. It used to be your friends had to take your word that you pulled off some impossible feat, and nobody ever believed you.

• Like 3

We have some people on these forums who are in their 40s. You guys are definitely on the other end of the spectrum. 12 years old is pretty darn young to be trophy hunting.

When I was 12 I had to get parent permission to get certain games, let alone go online. Until I was 14 or so I couldn't access the internet without asking my dad to log in.

Since trophies didn't exist until 2008 I pretty much played whatever I felt like without really caring about completion. One exception is Runescape. I loved the shit out of that game, enough to put in over 8000 hours into it, accumulating around 25 99s in total. Not the best, but leveling up skills back on Classic and early RS2 took a lot more time.

Were it not for trophies I would probably still be playing Runescape. Of course Old School Runescape, not that piece of shit Jagex calls Runecape 3.

• Like 2

To put myself in your shoes, I started getting trophies when I was 13 (2010). I was limited on what games I could get and I only had a maximum of 10 games for the PS3 at that time, thus I was more determined to complete them. I didn't really actively trophy hunt until 2011-2012 because I was still spending time with my PlayStation 2, Wii, 360, and PC games. 

Oh, and my parents never really understood the purpose of trophy hunting even when I explained it to them but they just let it be. Funny how seven years later they are NOW asking how they could get trophies.

Edited by Terra
  • Like 1

I feel quite old now :P

I started when I was 16, mostly because that's when my family got a PS3. I always liked unlocking everything I could in games and getting 3-stars in everything. That stemmed mostly from my parents never actually buying me games, but instead just giving me my brother's hand-me-downs, so I found as much content as I could in those games. When we got a PS3, then I was upgraded to my little brother's hand-me-ups. (Either I'm the least favorite child or there are some implicit gender norms here. To this day, my parents only bought me two games - Batman Arkham City and Origins- and that was only after I explicitly asked for them as birthday presents)

I didn't have any friends that were that interested in video games, so I didn't really get any questions about getting trophies. My brother thought I was lame because my first goal was to get more trophies than him. I think it's good to get into it young because trophy hunting really helps one get both a depth and breadth of game knowledge. First, you play lots of different games and don't focus on just playing two or three. Second, you often go deeper into the game and notice things that the average player wouldn't. After going to college, I discovered I really like making games and having the background knowledge of many games from when I was young really helps (I really wished I played more games :P) So don't worry about what other people say, OP, trophy hunting is a valid way to play video games, just like playing one game and mastering that is a valid way to play video games.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

i hope you read this in 20 years and get as good a laugh as I just did... 

on topic...started with trophies mad young, like 28-ish...yep, a two and an eight...i find sometimes they barely cover all a game has to offer and sometimes they add an additional element to it...case in point, currently playing tony hawk...i'll be damned if I don't complete all the pro challenges,  hit max rank, and unlock all the various skins and gear...no trophies for them though...

basically, i prefer to see all a game has to offer and always have...kind of an OCD thing I have in life where I've always wanted to master everything I try...can't remember when I started console gaming exactly though...one of my first memories is bouncing above the level in 1-2 to warp in mario on nes when I was 5...my cousin practically took his pants off he was so excited by this...my other exciting memory at that age is my mother beating the $hit out of me till I pi$$ed my pants for having forgotten to put the lid on our sandbox out back...

question back at op...when did you start gaming?...consoles, games, etc?...(in the mood to feel "old"...)

p.s. i'm not very mature so feel free to speak to me however you like...

if you're question was what was were my first games ever to play they were legends like Feeding Frenzy, Army Men RTS, AOE back on PC when i was still 5

Console Gaming: i got my PS3 back in Dec. 2009 (8 years exactly from now) and the first 3 games i had were: Eyepet (because i was still a kid), Spiderman: Web of Shadows, Sonic Unleashed... can you imagine what my Dad is leading me to do now? getting a fucking 4.98% UR plat for Eyepet which requires hella of physical movement and the hardest Sonic game to ever plat which is Sonic Unleashed 2.28 UR plat lol.

as for what game did really into gaming, it was Uncharted 2 back when i got it in 2011, in 2013 i made my PSN account (yes, i didnt have a PSN for 4 whole years dont ask me how i've been living lol) and when i made my PSN i play the shit of U2's MP until i became a really pro guy, so that was useful until i saw a Battlefield 3 Trailer back in Dec. 2013, and i begged my mom the shit out of her just to get a Battlefield game, when starting BF3 back in Feb. 2014 i was literally getting killed all the time, now currently i've got every assignment in the game completed and every weapon unlocked and max rank lol, so after Battlefield 3, my opinion about BF games completely changed... 

so i also begged for my dad in 2015 to get me Battlefield Hardline on my birthday, he was really pissed because he had to pay 600 EGP ($60 at that time) just for a PS3 game, and then i told myself "there's no way fucking way i'm gonna do those 40K kills trophies" and look at my profile now, a 14 year old has just became one of the first 40 100%ers of BFH (PS3) and LEGIT, cause most people tend to boost the 40K kills, so since then everyone was really impressed and amazed how i took the time and effort to do it.

a few days ago i just 100%ed BFBC2

now all i need is to 100% BFBC1 and then im gonna be one of the rare people who have all the Battlefields on the PS3 100%!

after BC1, just aiming for a PS4 and do all the Battlefields there again. :)

8 hours ago, Cassylvania said:

I didn't start until I was in my mid 20s, but even when I was your age, I liked the challenge of unlocking everything in a game. I remember wanting to get every frog coin in Super Mario RPG, or every playable racer in Diddy Kong Racing, or all 120 stars in Super Mario 64. Those were trophies to us '90 kids.

I'm so glad there's now a way to tie all of those achievements together under a single account. It used to be your friends had to take your word that you pulled off some impossible feat, and nobody ever believed you.

Agreed! i was just like you in games like Army Men RTS and Command and Conquer Generals back on PC. 

7 hours ago, jka121 said:

I started when I was 10

damn! didn't know you were that young when you started man! so how old are you rn? xD

28 minutes ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

I'm not very young, not yet trophy hunter.

I'm so 14 deep inside and don't take me as a 30 year old fart with a big brain.

Lol.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

I started when I was 16, mostly because that's when my family got a PS3. I always liked unlocking everything I could in games and getting 3-stars in everything. That stemmed mostly from my parents never actually buying me games, but instead just giving me my brother's hand-me-downs, so I found as much content as I could in those games. When we got a PS3, then I was upgraded to my little brother's hand-me-ups. (Either I'm the least favorite child or there are some implicit gender norms here. To this day, my parents only bought me two games - Batman Arkham City and Origins- and that was only after I explicitly asked for them as birthday presents)

I didn't have any friends that were that interested in video games, so I didn't really get any questions about getting trophies. My brother thought I was lame because my first goal was to get more trophies than him. I think it's good to get into it young because trophy hunting really helps one get both a depth and breadth of game knowledge. First, you play lots of different games and don't focus on just playing two or three. Second, you often go deeper into the game and notice things that the average player wouldn't. After going to college, I discovered I really like making games and having the background knowledge of many games from when I was young really helps (I really wished I played more games :P) So don't worry about what other people say, OP, trophy hunting is a valid way to play video games, just like playing one game and mastering that is a valid way to play video games.

i could literally fucking feel you lol!

my 17 year old brother had alot of trophies compared to what i had (he was level 12 witn 900 trophies) and i was like level 8 with 500 trophies, when i passed his level i kept teasing him and annoying him saying im better lol.

about the games! OH MY LORD.

you can say i was a kid that didn't care about school at all, so my when my parents saw that my brother's marks were on point, they got him Uncharted 3 and i wasn't allowed to open it! i was soooo annoyed and felt really fucked up at then because at that time (2013) Uncharted 3 was the shit lol.

and i wasn't able to play The Last of Us's SP because my mom and dad knew it was so gore and they just let my brother to play it and it was a right decision, they said they would let me play the game when ill be 15 (which is next year).

so can you imagine what did i do?

i kept playing the MP, played it too much and it was also full of violence and abit of gore, once my dad saw me pulling off an Execution on an enemy, he closed the PS3 and said that i mustn't be playing this game again or else im getting grounded.

so its been 2 years exactly from when i started TLOU, and believe me, till this day im still playing it and my dad never knew lmao

thanks to Mom at least.

so yeah gonna get that TLOU plat and 100% very soon! :D 

• Like 1

I started in 2014 when I was 14 years and it all happened when my cousin and I were competing with each other. We both had FIFA 14 at that time, now I only have 1 trophy left but it's impossible, thanks to EA Sports. I have a lot more trophies than he does today :D

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, ee28max said:

I started in 2014 when I was 14 years and it all happened when my cousin and I were competing with each other. We both had FIFA 14 at that time, now I only have 1 trophy left but it's impossible, thanks to EA Sports. I have a lot more trophies than he does today :D

i know that feeling, bro!

i hid Call of duty BO2 after getting all Base game trophies legit (including Giant Accomplishment) and i got the Big Leagues trophy by accident in a modded lobby and from that time, i told myself "im never gonna buy any COD game ever again) and same happened with PES 2010 and Midnight Club: LA.

so yeah... it really sucks when things like that happen!

i actually am still worried about Battlefield: Bad Company's servers shutting down as the game is 9 years old as of 2017 and EA hasn't shut its servers yet lol.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

if you're question was what was were my first games ever to play...

answered...cheers...

i sometimes forget we have youngbloods in the community so it's nice to get a view from your guys' perspective...it also reminds me of one of my bada$$ gta iv co-op partners, one of the fastest and most skilled players in the world imo...we met in a random noose lobby and have been friends since he was 14...he's now well on his way to becoming a doctor...

if you want to hear a funny story, he sent me a friend request with a message along the lines of "let's rank up together"...i was like retarded when I started playing ps3 online so I added him then deleted him the next day...i was like "omg, I'm f**king scared of anonymous people"...took me like a week to actually talk into my mic...we met again later as we were both speed runners looking to find new ways to complete the co-op missions faster...

the funny and incredibly odd thing about the whole situation is I'm a really social person in life...i love people and have always talked to pretty much everyone I meet...i can't stand being surrounded by others for a long time without taking an interest in their story...not in an intrusive, nosey, annoying way...more like I just find people to be the most valuable asset on the planet aside from life itself so being curious and interested in everyone's existence usually comes naturally...no idea where the root of my fear came from in this case...thankfully, it sorted itself out after a few weeks and multiplayer experiences are now my favorite part of gaming...

although I consider myself a pretty decent gamer (I usually fare well in online lobbies) I feel that younger players, in general, have a better instinct and could own me in any game on any given day...possibly because technology is more prominent and integrated into our upbringing than the generation I grew up in...possibly because I'm just actually "average" as a gamer...possibly because historically I put more emphasis on things like independence, family, ambitions, personal evolution, digging a career path, getting high, building friendships, undressing women, helping those around me, and these kinds of things...regardless it's all fun and games so let the good times roll... 

follow up question: I have a few stereotypical teen nephews into gaming that basically just whine into their mics bragging about "creaming" people and calling anyone who lags slightly or beats them a hacker...how do you younger generation feel about the online community and what were your first experiences like?...any good stories?...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

I started gaming when I was 10, but I'm of the PS1 and PS2 era, so by the time the PS3 came out I was about 15 or 16, which was when I started trophy hunting with my first game and platinum on ps3 being FFXIII. These days kids have phones and I see plenty of really young kids in game shops these days and lots of teenagers as well, some of which I assume trophy hunt and I don't see anything wrong with it. I would have trophy hunted if it was around when I was 10 and started gaming as I'm a bit of a completionist, there's no harm to it after all.

I would just 100% games like FFX and KH as a 12 year old on the PS2 but got nothing in return, but now there's trophies to earn so even better in my opinion as at least you're effort is rewarded. I don't see how age matters in this situation at all. I would have loved for there to have been trophies when I was younger and slogged away at all those long RPG's and finding all those dalmatians in Kingdom Hearts. I'm 25 now, so it's been 9 years since I started trophy hunting.

I know one of my mum's friends son who has over a hundred trophies as he's one of those hard core gamers and he's about 17, so I assume he must have started pretty young with the amount he has. He also has an xbox and hunts achievements in addition to trophies. 

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Terra said:

Oh, and my parents never really understood the purpose of trophy hunting even when I explained it to them but they just let it be. Funny how seven years later they are NOW asking how they could get trophies.

Lucky. My parents are in their 60s and they still don't understand why Super Mario Bros for the NES was a big deal.

18 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Those who got a PS3 back in 2006 when they were 16 would now be 27 years old. Kind of scary when you think about it.

I was 18 when the PS3 launched but I had no interest at all with it. I think part of the reason the Xbox 360 did so well in the late 2000s was the fact that it had a solid multiplayer (Xbox Live), and the console had achievements a good two years or so before trophies ever came out.

These days a lot more people crave the PS4, especially the Pro. The Xbox One sadly still hasn't recovered from the 2013 debacle and with Phil Spencer at the helm most of it's exclusives will get ported to PC anyway, which is far superior.

14 hours ago, Bloodytears1666 said:

I'm not very young, not yet trophy hunter.

I'm so 14 deep inside and don't take me as a 30 year old fart with a big brain.

I'm right behind you.

7 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I started gaming when I was 10, but I'm of the PS1 and PS2 era, so by the time the PS3 came out I was about 15 or 16, which was when I started trophy hunting with my first game and platinum on ps3 being FFXIII. These days kids have phones and I see plenty of really young kids in game shops these days and lots of teenagers as well, some of which I assume trophy hunt and I don't see anything wrong with it. I would have trophy hunted if it was around when I was 10 and started gaming as I'm a bit of a completionist, there's no harm to it after all.

I would just 100% games like FFX and KH as a 12 year old on the PS2 but got nothing in return, but now there's trophies to earn so even better in my opinion as at least you're effort is rewarded. I don't see how age matters in this situation at all. I would have loved for there to have been trophies when I was younger and slogged away at all those long RPG's and finding all those dalmatians in Kingdom Hearts. I'm 25 now, so it's been 9 years since I started trophy hunting.

I know one of my mum's friends son who has over a hundred trophies as he's one of those hard core gamers and he's about 17, so I assume he must have started pretty young with the amount he has. He also has an xbox and hunts achievements in addition to trophies. 

Goldeneye and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time were the must buy games when I was a kid. Played the crap out of them, loved them for what they were.

I even got to have my then 44 years old dad play local multiplayer with me on Goldeneye and I had a good friend from back in fourth - fifth grade play Ocarina of Time. I would try to beat a section and then he would get the controller and beat a section.

I look at all games now with skepticism as first impressions, when I was 10 I would just dive straight into the game and if it was good I loved it. Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time did just that for me. 

Loved those old 1990s commercials that aired on television on video games. Kids today have no idea.

Edited by Spaz
  • Like 2

14 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

i could literally fucking feel you lol!

my 17 year old brother had alot of trophies compared to what i had (he was level 12 witn 900 trophies) and i was like level 8 with 500 trophies, when i passed his level i kept teasing him and annoying him saying im better lol.

about the games! OH MY LORD.

you can say i was a kid that didn't care about school at all, so my when my parents saw that my brother's marks were on point, they got him Uncharted 3 and i wasn't allowed to open it! i was soooo annoyed and felt really fucked up at then because at that time (2013) Uncharted 3 was the shit lol.

and i wasn't able to play The Last of Us's SP because my mom and dad knew it was so gore and they just let my brother to play it and it was a right decision, they said they would let me play the game when ill be 15 (which is next year).

so can you imagine what did i do?

i kept playing the MP, played it too much and it was also full of violence and abit of gore, once my dad saw me pulling off an Execution on an enemy, he closed the PS3 and said that i mustn't be playing this game again or else im getting grounded.

so its been 2 years exactly from when i started TLOU, and believe me, till this day im still playing it and my dad never knew lmao

thanks to Mom at least.

so yeah gonna get that TLOU plat and 100% very soon! :D 

I almost forgot about parents trying to restrict games! 

My cousin's five years younger than me and played Grand Theft Auto. My mom disapproved of it because "You can kill people and have sex in that game" so I couldn't play it. My dad and I argued that the fun was driving around in cars. Cue my dad, at my mom's request, sitting me down with this awful driving game where the only gameplay was to drive around and get 'stars' as you do illegal things and then hiding from the cop cars until the 'stars' went away. I'm sure the game had a storymode or more content, but I never got to play it.

21 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Those who got a PS3 back in 2006 when they were 16 would now be 27 years old. Kind of scary when you think about it.

I was 18 when the PS3 launched but I had no interest at all with it. I think part of the reason the Xbox 360 did so well in the late 2000s was the fact that it had a solid multiplayer (Xbox Live), and the console had achievements a good two years or so before trophies ever came out.

These days a lot more people crave the PS4, especially the Pro. The Xbox One sadly still hasn't recovered from the 2013 debacle and with Phil Spencer at the helm most of it's exclusives will get ported to PC anyway, which is far superior.

Oh good, I feel young again. The PS3 was at the end of its life when my family got one, but it's crazy to think that 2006 was 11 years ago. Xboxes were also more common when I was young, so even if I wanted to play with kids from school, I wouldn't have been compatible. 

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Spaz said:

I think I underestimated as I just turned 25 about three months ago, but I'd gotten the PS3 along with FFXIII in 2009 when FFXIII was released, so I was I think 17 as it was the year before I went to Uni, which was when I was 18. I guess 17 is still kind of young, although I certainly would have started hunting earlier if I was born a couple of years later as I easily 100% FFX, FFX-2, KH1 and FFXIII back on the PS2. Doing it all again for the PS4 trophies was alright I guess, although I only platinumed FFX-2 and am working on FFXIII. They all took forever on the PS2, so it's hard to bring the motivation to do it all again after the trophy era.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lava_Yuki said:

I think I underestimated as I just turned 25 about three months ago, but I'd gotten the PS3 along with FFXIII in 2009 when FFXIII was released, so I was I think 17 as it was the year before I went to Uni, which was when I was 18. I guess 17 is still kind of young, although I certainly would have started hunting earlier if I was born a couple of years later as I easily 100% FFX, FFX-2, KH1 and FFXIII back on the PS2. Doing it all again for the PS4 trophies was alright I guess, although I only platinumed FFX-2 and am working on FFXIII. They all took forever on the PS2, so it's hard to bring the motivation to do it all again after the trophy era.  

I have a lot of difficulty getting into long winded RPGs. Eventually I will finish Fallout 4 and The Witcher 3. But I don't know if I'm going to do anything more than that. RPGs, especially Japanese RPGs aren't my style so much as platformers and casual point and click games are.

The Souls games are different though so I'll definitely get into them when I have time.

We each have our own strengths.

Edited by Spaz

On 11/19/2017 at 3:30 PM, ProfBambam55 said:

answered...cheers...

i sometimes forget we have youngbloods in the community so it's nice to get a view from your guys' perspective...it also reminds me of one of my bada$$ gta iv co-op partners, one of the fastest and most skilled players in the world imo...we met in a random noose lobby and have been friends since he was 14...he's now well on his way to becoming a doctor...

if you want to hear a funny story, he sent me a friend request with a message along the lines of "let's rank up together"...i was like retarded when I started playing ps3 online so I added him then deleted him the next day...i was like "omg, I'm f**king scared of anonymous people"...took me like a week to actually talk into my mic...we met again later as we were both speed runners looking to find new ways to complete the co-op missions faster...

the funny and incredibly odd thing about the whole situation is I'm a really social person in life...i love people and have always talked to pretty much everyone I meet...i can't stand being surrounded by others for a long time without taking an interest in their story...not in an intrusive, nosey, annoying way...more like I just find people to be the most valuable asset on the planet aside from life itself so being curious and interested in everyone's existence usually comes naturally...no idea where the root of my fear came from in this case...thankfully, it sorted itself out after a few weeks and multiplayer experiences are now my favorite part of gaming...

although I consider myself a pretty decent gamer (I usually fare well in online lobbies) I feel that younger players, in general, have a better instinct and could own me in any game on any given day...possibly because technology is more prominent and integrated into our upbringing than the generation I grew up in...possibly because I'm just actually "average" as a gamer...possibly because historically I put more emphasis on things like independence, family, ambitions, personal evolution, digging a career path, getting high, building friendships, undressing women, helping those around me, and these kinds of things...regardless it's all fun and games so let the good times roll... 

follow up question: I have a few stereotypical teen nephews into gaming that basically just whine into their mics bragging about "creaming" people and calling anyone who lags slightly or beats them a hacker...how do you younger generation feel about the online community and what were your first experiences like?...any good stories?...

sorry for a late reply because i didn't have the time to respond to all of that...

about making friends at  first on PSN i was just like you!

i was like "99% of this community are hackers and i shouldn't trust people online" and all that lol

when i started U2's MP (2013) i began knowing and playing with alot of friends...

when i started BF3, it was the best game which was fit for playing with your buddy's and all that! it was really cool having fun and communicating with our mics and laughing all that.

about social life, i was really into knowing and making friends and all that (especially when i was 11 and 12), i just lost interest this year because 80% of my school life were bullies and all that, girls were really annoying and plus i've never been in a class with a girl before for more than 8 or 9 years so yeah lol

i literally lost interest in making friends and all the people i've known were closed-minded and took life as a joke.

Gaming and trophy hunting were literally the only escape from this depression i keep having every once and then so yeah.

how would i imagine my life without Battlefield, games in general, 100%ing games? a no life.

On 11/19/2017 at 4:22 PM, Lava_Yuki said:

i would've liked to trophy hunt when i was 10 lol, and yeah some people have time to do that, and some people put alot of effort into that.

im more of the guy that doesn't care how much plats do you have.

im more of the guy who would prefer having a hard/grindy ass game and got its 100%

games like Battlefield Hardline (PS3), its my most proudest legit 100% as getting 40K kills requires both patience, skill and effort.

Edited by SniperEliteDido

On 11/20/2017 at 0:22 AM, Kittet3 said:

I almost forgot about parents trying to restrict games! 

My cousin's five years younger than me and played Grand Theft Auto. My mom disapproved of it because "You can kill people and have sex in that game" so I couldn't play it. My dad and I argued that the fun was driving around in cars. Cue my dad, at my mom's request, sitting me down with this awful driving game where the only gameplay was to drive around and get 'stars' as you do illegal things and then hiding from the cop cars until the 'stars' went away. I'm sure the game had a storymode or more content, but I never got to play it.

Oh good, I feel young again. The PS3 was at the end of its life when my family got one, but it's crazy to think that 2006 was 11 years ago. Xboxes were also more common when I was young, so even if I wanted to play with kids from school, I wouldn't have been compatible. 

LMAO!

you can like say 90% of my classmates had GTA V on the PS3 and i was one of those few kids who couldn't play the game because mommy would'nt let me lol.

however when you think of it, GTA V was banned from Saudi Arabia (obviously because the country was so religious and all that)

Egypt however, ive heard stories from my friends when loading up their game they see that hot girl with the red bikini and then their mom would show up suddenly and you surely know what happens next xD

anyways about the gameplay itself and all that, i think GTA V is more focused on Cars, Heists, story mode and its open world and all of that. i mean i wouldn't really say the game is all about having sex but when it comes to young gamers, i think it should be restricted. (Btw, i never got the chance to play GTA V till this day)

Nice to see fellow young trophy hunters around here. We're not that much apart in age either, OP. :D

I believe I started taking an interest in the trophy and achievement systems when I was 9 years old, playing Skate 2 and LittleBigPlanet (both my first two platinums, though on an account I've long since lost). I honestly don't accurately remember the story as to how I realized their existence. Maybe I just found them when searching the XMB and decided to look out for opportunities to unlock those trophies if they came up. As I've always kept to myself about gaming in general, I've never gotten questions about trophy hunting and have only ever told one of my closer cousins, a friend of mine, and my older brother about my hobby, none of which cared, minded, or thought any differently about me. 

A hundred and some games later, I'm glad I found trophy hunting when I did, as it (and, only when I started to seriously hunt trophies, the people of this website as well) opened my eyes to all of the other genres of video games. If I hadn't found it, I would probably be playing all of the NBA games and first-person shooters on PS3 and PS4 that have came out, as they are much more popular than anything else over here. I would've likely missed all of the actual gems and great games that the PS3 library has had to offer. Many trophy lists give incentive to play and experience the game in almost all (if not all) of its entirety, and, as Kittet said, you go deeper into a game and notice more than otherwise playing normally. 

• Like 1

I always hear so many "younger" folks say "trophies are dumb. Trophies don't matter!" That always makes me sad, so I'm super happy seeing a thread like this.Glad to know that the hobby can be enjoyed at any age. I started in 2009/2010, when I was 19 and just starting college, so I don't think I ever could count myself as a super young trophy hunter. I did always enjoy 100%ing games on Nintendo systems long before I picked up a Sony console with Trophies though!

Anyway, 8 years later and I still enjoy hearing that trophy "bling" noise over and over again. 

150 plats after 8 years isn't as impressive compared to some of the other guys on this site, but see if you guys can pass it up by the time you've been collecting for as long!

• Like 1

I was 22 when I got interested in trophies so not that young.

On 20 November 2017 at 8:58 AM, Spaz said:

I'm one of those scary 27 year olds lol.