No more PS3 deals on the PS Store.

Nabeel_of_Steel

Hey guys, I wasn't sure where I could ask this question so I just did here on the PS3 forum. 

I don't know if you guys have noticed or not but ever since November the games and dlc deals for the PS3 on the PS store have stopped. There came a handful of games in the Black Friday sale but the sale itself was inaccessible from the PS3 console. This is on the EU stores fyi. The only way to check it was via the store website.

And now again the sales which ARE available are actually cross-buy titles with PS4 & Vita. Namely stuff like Resogun, Sound Shapes, Flower, Hohokum, Unfinished Swan and the like. The only reason they show up when filtering with the PS3 is because they are cross-buy. 

Where are the PS3 exclusive deals??!!

Is this really the beginning of the end? First Sony stops the digital discounts for the PS3 (terrible move), then go the sales itself and a few years down the line all online support..... I had quite a bit of dlc I still needed to buy and I wait for new sales to buy them. 

I want to know what's happening, if any of you have any idea. Or have I just jumped the gun and asked a stupid question? I actually waited almost a month to ask this and now I'm scared this could be it for the deals on the PS3. 

• Like 2

Sony's PS exclusive deals are determined by Sony, but yes, I do think 3rd party deals are decided by the publishers. That's why we see themed sales like only for games from EA, 2K, Ubisoft etc. I'm just waiting for some obscure ones like from Konami. I don't know if the Metal Gear Rising dlc has ever gone up for sale, also I need to buy the Castlevania LoS series dlc.

This is so stupid. Thankfully I got most of the games I wanted physically and don't have to worry about digital deals on games.... But they can't just stop dlc deals like this wtf....... 

Edited by ZEUS_OfThe_AEGIS
  • Like 1

You still see PS3 games and DLC on sale every now and then. They're usually among the big deals where everything is discounted. Though we're at the point where it's usually cheaper to buy the complete edition of the game rather than grabbing all the DLC, since they're usually only like 5euro.

I'm also pretty sure the halloween sale in Europe had the Castlevania LoS DLC discounted, and that was like a month ago.

I'm not sure why anyone would be surprised that enthusiasm for a last-gen console fades.

The PS3 still has sales and it's still included in the major sales like it was during Halloween, but it's kind of pointless focusing on a console the fewer and fewer people use.

As said before, it's often cheaper just to rebuy a complete edition of a game rather than wait for a DLC sale. Admittedly I haven't really seen PS3 DLC on sale for a while and what there has been was mostly just Assassin's Creed.

I highly doubt PSN services to the PS3 will go, at most they'll just stop being updated.

1 hour ago, IDiivil said:

I'm also pretty sure the halloween sale in Europe had the Castlevania LoS DLC discounted, and that was like a month ago.

I was an idiot and didn't actually own any of the LoS games at the time so I didn't buy 'em ? Only recently did I get them and now I'm on the lookout for the dlc. 

It's not surprising to me that support for the PS3 will go down one day.... but I was hoping Sony could atleast make an official announcement regarding that. Ya know, rather than just quietly stopping the PS3 deals like this.

It's hard to be optimistic about this. PS3 didn't get anything since November, even though it's winter. The current deals will cycle out on the 23rd tho so maybe come Christmas time we'll get some big deals for it. I will be piiisssed if we don't ?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ZEUS_OfThe_AEGIS said:

dlc deals for the PS3 on the PS store have stopped.

Does not compute (unless we're talking about the same old games like COD or AC... yeah i'm from Europe too). There are other deals for PS3 games, i.e. the Summer sales, Halloween, or that Big in Japan sale. But it's been 5 years since i bought a PS3 and certain titles never ever saw a single discount...

Christmas now is just an excuse for "Buy a PS4! Buy PS4 games! LULZ!"

Edited by Lance_87

52 minutes ago, Piano Reeves said:

Exactly what I mentioned in my very first post. 

"And now again the sales which ARE available are actually cross-buy titles with PS4 & Vita. Namely stuff like Resogun, Sound Shapes, Flower, Hohokum, Unfinished Swan and the like. The only reason they show up when filtering with the PS3 is because they are cross-buy." 

6 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Does not compute (unless we're talking about the same old games like COD or AC... yeah i'm from Europe too). There are other deals for PS3 games, i.e. the Summer sales, Halloween, or that Big in Japan sale. But it's been 5 years since i bought a PS3 and certain titles never ever saw a single discount...

Christmas now is just an excuse for "Buy a PS4! Buy PS4 games! LULZ!"

That's what I mean, there was nothing after the Halloween sale which is when it struck me as odd. Normally once a sale cycles out on Tuesday, new sales are set up on Wednesday. There was NOTHING for the PS3 though, no games no DLC. Then came Black Friday but again there were less than 20 games on sale stuff like Mafia 2 and Tomb Raider. Ok that's fine but now again there is technically nothing specifically for the PS3, because the only reason we can see games like Sound Shapes and Resogun is due to them being cross-buy. 

I really want to get a PS4 Pro.... But unfortunately I live in India where even though the Pro is officially announced it's not being sold by any retail outlet. It's only possible to buy a pro from the black markets or from online retailers who get their stock from UAE or Singapore. Sony does not provide Warranty for out of India products which means any problems with the product within a year and that thing becomes a fucking brick. Now while I am a hardcore gamer I am not so stupid as to hastily get a product without warranty..... Plus that gives me enough time to reduce my huge backlog of PS3 games before I gradually move towards the PS4. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

In the Brazilian Psn store I can just see some psn games (not worth taking) although there are some nice games over there, like Persona 5. We are old gen now guys, they will phase PS3 games and assistance out.

Edited by bgoede