Let's Play Our PS3 Backlog

11 minutes ago, Limitedsphere said:

Update #2 

So after platting Rayman Origins i did the stupidest thing imaginable when you are trying to complete a list: i started up a new game - South Park The Stick of Truth, but luckily i have already platted it. So instead of clearing the backlog i added to it - and managed to finish up the game in less than a week, which i feel pretty good about.

So counting my original list i'm 1 down 5 to go. 

Adding South Park i'm 2 down 5 to go. :)

What were you playing before South Park? Did you feel you wanted to play something more comfortable?

7 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

What were you playing before South Park? Did you feel you wanted to play something more comfortable?

I was trying to make a bit of progress on Mass Effect 2. I only need to complete the insanity difficulty playthrough, but the game frustrates me a bit and although it is one of my favorite games of all time i have completed it three times now across PC and Playstation. So i'm kinda tired of replaying sections of this admittedly great, but also in segments quite frustrating title. :)  So yeah that is why i went with South Park instead - it was short and fun, and certainly not very difficult. 

1 hour ago, Asvinia said:

I've put RDR on hold and started up Record of Agarest War.

Played an hour, died twice in the tutorial, and got my first trophy. Good start lol

Loved RoAW. Great game... the characters are certainly interesting. Be prepared for a huge grind towards the end of your platinum run.

Update:

LBP2 - only 24 hour create trophy left for the 100%. 199/1440 minutes done.

Walking Dead - It's not on my list but i felt like playing it. Great game. Very intense. Got the plat last night and am half way through the dlc.

Uncharted 2 - i think i might get back onto this again. At least until i finish the 2500 kills. Currently at about 1850 i think. Hopefully will knock of various kill trophies along the way

7 hours ago, Asvinia said:

I've put RDR on hold and started up Record of Agarest War.

Played an hour, died twice in the tutorial, and got my first trophy. Good start lol

I really liked Record of Agarest War. It's not an easy game. Sadly the EU version didn't have trophy support but the other two games are on my wishlist since they came out :)

Good luck on that :D

Change of plans... decided on killzone 3 instead of uncharted 2. Online is already completed, so no need to worry about the server closures coming up.

Up to chapter 4 of an easy run for the story and then clean up the misc trophies before going for Elite difficulty. 

Been awhile since my last update, but I had an exam to study for so I was busy between studying for that and trying to get through this backlog. I started playing Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z and got most of the trophies in it, including most of the online ones thanks to a very successful boosting session. I've also managed to make alot of progress in Gran Turismo 6, which is probably the easiest Gran Turismo game I've ever played, hopefully I can finish this game in the next month or 2. Finally, after getting my 7,000th trophy earlier today, I also managed to plat Heavy Rain after trying the game again for the first time in years on Saturday, thanks to the trophy guide on this site I was able to do Perfect Crime and all of the Endings with little issue. Not sure which game I'll focus on next, but for now here's all of my updated stats:

Spoiler

Command & Conquer: RA3 (88%)

Gran Turismo 5 (86%)

Modnation Racers (81%)

Metal Gear Solid 2 (81%)

The Sims 3 (58%)

Fallout: New Vegas (51%) --> (100%) (Completed on January 29th)

Heavy Rain (51%) --> (100%) (Completed on March 1st)

Farming Simulator (42%) --> (66%)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 (42%)  --> (45%)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (added January 5th) (40%)

Sonic Adventure (36%)

Beyond Two Souls (36%)

Ratchet & Clank: FFA (32%)

Steins;Gate (19%)

Echochrome (19%)

One Piece Pirate Warriors (18% & about 200 episodes left to get caught up to this game's events)

Tales of Zestiria (16%)

Tales of Graces f (14%)

Deus Ex: Human Revolution (8%)

Remember Me (7%)

Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory (Uninstalled)

Okami HD (Uninstalled)

Assassin's Creed Rouge (Uninstalled)

Catherine (Unstarted)

Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z (Unstarted) --> (42%)

Monster Jam Battlegrounds (Unstarted) --> (100%) (Completed on January 8th)

Gran Turismo 6 (Unstarted) --> (54%)

• Like 2

Down to 3 trophies left in Final Fantasy XIII, always the grindiest one left.

Only need 400k CP to fill out the characters Crystarium and to beat a Long Gui, before doing specific grinding for the Treasure Hunter trophy.

If it goes well, I might have the Plat tonight!

• Like 4

Turns out killzone 3 campaign is far easier than i expected. Up to the end of chapter 6 on Elite difficulty. At this rate, should be done with elite tonight. Then just a couple of misc trophies and the two coop ones. 

Not sure what to do after this one... maybe i'll knock out kane and lynch 2 on extreme (the only trophy left) or keep going with the killzone theme and do killzone 1 hd or mercenaries on vita or shadowfall on ps4? 

• Like 1

Down to Treasure Hunter to get the Plat in FFXIII. I estimate I neeed 6 million gil and I have... 345. So long...

Also had a funny incident when doing the Master Seal trophy. Did the last Role Level for Lightning and waited for the pop. Nothing happened. Had a quick scroll through to see if I had missed anything but couldn't see any missed nodes. Had some food and scoured through the list. 

To my surprise I found a +3 Magic node not purchased in Lightnings Ravager role. It was about 5 levels down, so I have no idea how I missed it. 

• Like 2

Update for me!  Journey is now off my backlog as well.

20 hours ago, Psy-Tychist said:

Down to Treasure Hunter to get the Plat in FFXIII. I estimate I neeed 6 million gil and I have... 345. So long...

Also had a funny incident when doing the Master Seal trophy. Did the last Role Level for Lightning and waited for the pop. Nothing happened. Had a quick scroll through to see if I had missed anything but couldn't see any missed nodes. Had some food and scoured through the list. 

To my surprise I found a +3 Magic node not purchased in Lightnings Ravager role. It was about 5 levels down, so I have no idea how I missed it. 

Good luck with that one!  Hated the farming for that trophy so much.  Definitely make sure you either don't sell anything, or you keep a very good checklist and double or triple check it before selling a thing and definitely don't sell any of your elemental rings or charms until you have the trophy.  You also may be better off farming for the gil and not upgrading until you can do it all at once rather than kill a turtle, upgrade a bit, kill another turtle, and so on.  If you are going to sell, make a separate save before you start doing that.  Definitely don't want to end up being me and having to do it all over again because you missed something.

At the point you are at, I found the Adamantortise in Eden to be the best to farm on.  It's close to a save so you can reload if your luck is crap and it respawns pretty fast.  If you are still needing some Scarletites though, go to the last part of Eden or the first part of the final area and farm them from the Sacrifices.  That will save you a lot of gil and they readily drop perfumes that sell for 12,500 gil a piece.

• Like 2

Update #4:

Syberia 100%
Syberia II 100%  
Fez
South Park SOT 100%

Anna 100%

Finally finished Anna.  Was really an enjoyable game, EXCEPT for the supernatural events.  Waiting around for 10-15 minutes at a time, reloading the game over and over again really took away some of the enjoyment of playing.  But, glad it is done!!  Now, on to FEZ!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, PermaFox said:
Update #4:

Syberia 100%
Syberia II 100%  
Fez
South Park SOT 100%

Anna 100%

Finally finished Anna.  Was really an enjoyable game, EXCEPT for the supernatural events.  Waiting around for 10-15 minutes at a time, reloading the game over and over again really took away some of the enjoyment of playing.  But, glad it is done!!  Now, on to FEZ!

I need to get back into Fez but its been so long I think it might be better to start over as I have no idea whats done and whats not done yet anymore.

It is a lot of fun for a 8-bit game though.

• Like 1

Just now, donut_plz said:

I need to get back into Fez but its been so long I think it might be better to start over as I have no idea whats done and whats not done yet anymore.

It is a lot of fun for a 8-bit game though.

I totally agree with you!  Fez is definitely one of a kind game.  I will also need to start over as I really can't remember where I left off.  Debating on whether to play it on the PS3 or PS4.

Update:

#3 on my list completed: Killzone 3 100%

1Lf882dc.png

Great game. Visually beautiful and lots of fun. 

Not very difficult, even on Elite difficulty. There's tons of checkpoints and very overpowered weapons and ammo crates everywhere.

But yea, lots of fun. I think I might do Shadowfall next and get back to my backlog list after that.

• Like 3

On 3/5/2018 at 7:41 AM, ladynadiad said:

Update for me!  Journey is now off my backlog as well.

Congrats! What will you be working on next?

17 hours ago, PermaFox said:
Update #4:

Syberia 100%
Syberia II 100%  
Fez
South Park SOT 100%

Anna 100%

Congrats on another game completed! Good luck with Fez.

16 hours ago, PermaFox said:

I totally agree with you!  Fez is definitely one of a kind game.  I will also need to start over as I really can't remember where I left off.  Debating on whether to play it on the PS3 or PS4.

Have you started it on PS3 yet? If not, I would definitely go with PS4. I would do the same if I hadn't started Star Ocean: The Last Hope International. I would rather have started it on the PS4. Oh well!

10 hours ago, kraven_15 said:

Update:

#3 on my list completed: Killzone 3 100%

1Lf882dc.png

Great game. Visually beautiful and lots of fun. 

Not very difficult, even on Elite difficulty. There's tons of checkpoints and very overpowered weapons and ammo crates everywhere.

But yea, lots of fun. I think I might do Shadowfall next and get back to my backlog list after that.

Congrats on your plat! Must feel great to have another game completed.

As for me, I have done nothing but play Monster Hunter World. Boy is this game addicting. I'm not even doing it for the plat, which is strange. Just having fun playing with others and getting better with the Bow. Though I do want to try to get close to the plat in a few weeks before they start adding more monsters.

• Like 2

No progress for my backlog although I did complete Killzone 3 multiplayer in time for the server shutdown. This past week I had a trial of PS Now and made full use of that by completing some PS3 games I would not normally buy. I got the platinum for 3 games: Magus, Truck Racer and Heavy Fire: Afghanistan. I also completed 3 other short games: Super Hang-on, Frogger Returns and Daytona USA. None of these games should go on my list though, as they were not on my backlog at the start of this year.

15 hours ago, Edunstar84 said:

Congrats on your plat! Must feel great to have another game completed.

Thank you, yes, it is. I haven't done a whole lot of single player stuff over the last couple of years so this has been quite fun. My focus will still be getting online done, but this event has been great for giving me some other stuff to work on in between.

Good luck with Monster Hunter!

• Like 1