New Year's Contest 2018 - Winners Announced!

Just now, Dragon-Archon said:

Congrats :yay: . Nope, you need a plat (or 100% in case there is no plat) for it to count.

Thanks for the quick reply! 

I won't go back to FFIX or Daganronpa V3 until next month then since I doubt I have the skillz to clear 1000 jumps or earn S-rank in those stupid minigames. :) 

Just an update on my progress so far.All stats used for calculations are from psn profiles bar uncanny valley multiplier.Since there's no guide for it I took the time under the category completionist of uncanny valley off HowLongToBeat.com which was 8 hours . Correct me if I used the wrong stat for it, or any other game for that matter.

Demon souls (EU) = (100-10.55) x 1.5 x (1185 / 1185) = 134.18

Wolfenstein The new order (ps3) = (100-17.48) x 1.2 x (1230/1230) = 99

Sniper Ghost warrior 2  = (100-6.82) x 1.0 x (1410 / 1230) =106.80

Uncanny Valley =(100-9.45) x 1.0 x (315/315) = 90.55

Welcome Park = (100-13.48) x 0.5 x (285/285) = 43.26 

Total Score: 473.79

This is just a rough score,all rarity stats are subject to change .I'm about halfway through Spec ops: The line aswell but won't add it until I've platinumed it .Kinda curious to see how everyone else is doing too. ?

Edited by ApriIis

52 minutes ago, ApriIis said:

Since there's no guide for it I took the time under the category completionist of uncanny valley off HowLongToBeat.com which was 8 hours . 

This is just a rough score.

Kinda curious to see how everyone else is doing too. 1f606.png

I think the time is the Average playtime which is the one used, but @Dragon-Archon will know when counting.

If your score is that after 7 days, I dread to think what it will be by the end of the month.

• Like 1

January 1st Update

Spoiler

LittleBigPlanet

1 :silver:

1 :platinum:

Remember Me

1 :gold:

Goosebumps

Okabu

:bronze:

:gold:

My Name is Mayo

46 :bronze:

Batman

Monster Jam Battlegrounds

Sorcery Saga Curse of the Great Curry God

Severed

:silver:

Dungeon Punks

Adventures of Mana

2 :silver:

5 :gold:

Madden 11

1 :bronze:

Game of Thrones

inFAMOUS First Light

inFAMOUS Second Son

2:silver:

Duke Nukem 3D

Yooka-Laylee

Ratchet & Clank

Ride to Hell Retribution

X-Blaze Lost Memories

29 :bronze:

5 :silver:

January 7th Update

Final Fantasy VII

13 :bronze:

13 :silver:

5 :gold:

1 :platinum:

I will probably work on Saints Row Gat out of Hell next. I wasn't going to do it again but @snakebit10 persuaded me with his request of looking for a Co-Op partner :P What the hell I had the game from something (probably PLus) already and I love Saints Row games so why not.

Edited by Dr_Mayus
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

January 1st Update

Reveal hidden contents

LittleBigPlanet

Remember Me

Goosebumps

Okabu

My Name is Mayo

Batman

Severed

Dungeon Punks

Adventures of Mana

Madden 11

Game of Thrones

inFAMOUS First Light

inFAMOUS Second Son

Duke Nukem 3D

Yooka-Laylee

Ratchet & Clank

Ride to Hell Retribution

X-Blaze Lost Memories

January 7th Update

Final Fantasy VII

I will probably work on Saints Row Gat out of Hell next. I wasn't going to do it again but @snakebit10 persuaded me with his request of looking for a Co-Op partner :P What the hell I had the game from something (probably PLus) already and I love Saints Row games so why not.

I persuaded you, did I? I appreciate the help though.

21 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I think the time is the Average playtime which is the one used, but @Dragon-Archon will know when counting.

If your score is that after 7 days, I dread to think what it will be by the end of the month.

Yeah guess we'll see.I wouldn't worry too much yet,I'm back to college on the 15th and I don't know if I'll have a Tv so I'll be restricted to the vita,but thanks haha.

Obviously the scores are subject to change due to fluctuations in rarity, but thought I'd post how I'm currently doing.  Been binge playing some quick and easy games to help boost me toward my plat 100 goal, however this week should see me start to do some longer games with a lower rarity.

Dying Reborn = (100-77.24)*0.5*(1230/1230) = 11.38

Demetrios = (100-70.78)*0.5*(1200/1200) = 14.61

Psycho Pass = (100-27.49)*1.1*(1230/1230) = 79.76

Forma.8 = (100-13.31)*1*(1185/1185) = 86.69

Eventide 2 = (100-82.94)*0.5*(1185/1185) = 8.53

Batman = (100-67.24)*1*(1155/1155) = 32.76

Coffin Dodgers = (100-79.93)*0.5*(1185/1185) = 10.04

Total = 243.77

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, snakebit10 said:

:P

I was not going to play it again and if it was someone I didn't like asking for help I would have probably ignored it. That being said it is a fun game so looking forward to doing it again.

• Like 1

January Week 1 results: no plats but is at a good way to get two Plats

Dragon Quest Heroes: 24 :bronze:s:

Almost done with the Story and I finally got that damn 300 Hits Trophy

DC Universe Online: 3 :silver:s and 3 :gold:s:

Got the Villain Mentor I don`t care about, getting the rest is easy, Pay to get them to level 25(only a rice person pays to get all his/her`s Characters to level 30) or play the same missions 3 times(with only 3 unique missions to that Mentor)

11 hours ago, Dragon-Archon said:

You mean obtaining the plat before the contest started? If so, then no. Otherwise it'd be worth less than 1 point with the formula.

So does this mean that, even though I got the plat for Burnout Paradise many years ago, the points from the game's DLCs will it be less due to the formula?

Either way, I am just glad I was able to get the trophies done and out of the way :).

Edited by GarciaFever

2 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

So does this mean that, even though I got the plat for Burnout Paradise many years ago, the points from the game's DLCs will it be less due to the formula?

Either way, I am just glad I was able to get the trophies done and out of the way :).

If you have already earned the plat, the DLC trophies won't count for this event. That's why I'm not doing FFXV DLCs yet since I've already got the plat a few months ago. :) 

DLCs

DLCs also count, but only if you obtain the plat too after the contest starts. The playtime is added to the playtime multiplier and the trophy points to the "points unlocked" numerator. Which means the trophy value modifier can increase the amount of points if you plat the game and complete one or more DLCs. Using the example above with 1,230 points: a DLC that takes 10 hours to complete and has 315 points will give the following score: (100-10) x 1.6 x (1,545/1,230) = 180.88 points.

I've completed Nioh (Base game) for (100-20.27) x 1.8 x (270 / 1170) = 33.12 points (on currect rarity)

Is it correct that if I complete one of the DLC's the modifier goes up for completion time for the base game too?

Let's say I complete Dragon of the North. It has 195 points and .org puts that one on 50 hours.

Does the formula change to (100-20.27) x 2.3 x (465 / 1170) = 72.88 points?

Doing just the DLC should give me (100-20.27) x 1.5 x (195 / 1170) = 19.93 points.

That means 72.88-19.93 leaves 52.95 for the base game trophies. That's a boost of 52.95 - 33.12 = 19.83  points for completing a DLC after the platinum. That's a 60% point increase to the 2 base game trophies I got after the start of the contest.

And what if I don't complete the DLC? Is a single DLC trophy enough to boost the base game formula? The rules don't seem to mention anything about a game having to be completed to yield points.

Which means the trophy value modifier can increase the amount of points if you plat the game and complete one or more DLCs

This part says "complete a DLC" but isn't this contest about trophy points? Doesn't every trophy add points to the total?

19 hours ago, ApriIis said:

Just an update on my progress so far.All stats used for calculations are from psn profiles bar uncanny valley multiplier.Since there's no guide for it I took the time under the category completionist of uncanny valley off HowLongToBeat.com which was 8 hours . Correct me if I used the wrong stat for it, or any other game for that matter.

Demon souls (EU) = (100-10.55) x 1.5 x (1185 / 1185) = 134.18

Wolfenstein The new order (ps3) = (100-17.48) x 1.2 x (1230/1230) = 99

Sniper Ghost warrior 2  = (100-6.82) x 1.0 x (1410 / 1230) =106.80

Uncanny Valley =(100-9.45) x 1.0 x (315/315) = 90.55

Welcome Park = (100-13.48) x 0.5 x (285/285) = 43.26 

This is just a rough score,all rarity stats are subject to change .I'm about halfway through Spec ops: The line aswell but won't add it until I've platinumed it .Kinda curious to see how everyone else is doing too. ?

The All Styles time is used from HowLongToBeat.com, so it would be 2.5 hours.

10 hours ago, GarciaFever said:

8 hours ago, Myu said:

If you have already earned the plat, the DLC trophies won't count for this event. That's why I'm not doing FFXV DLCs yet since I've already got the plat a few months ago. :) 

Myu is correct, DLCs without a plat/100% completion don't count.

21 minutes ago, Ric said:

I've completed Nioh (Base game) for (100-20.27) x 1.8 x (270 / 1170) = 33.12 points (on currect rarity)

Is it correct that if I complete one of the DLC's the modifier goes up for completion time for the base game too?

Let's say I complete Dragon of the North. It has 195 points and .org puts that one on 50 hours.

Does the formula change to (100-20.27) x 2.3 x (465 / 1170) = 72.88 points?

Doing just the DLC should give me (100-20.27) x 1.5 x (195 / 1170) = 19.93 points.

That means 72.88-19.93 leaves 52.95 for the base game trophies. That's a boost of 52.95 - 33.12 = 19.83  points for completing a DLC after the platinum. That's a 60% point increase to the 2 base game trophies I got after the start of the contest.

And what if I don't complete the DLC? Is a single DLC trophy enough to boost the base game formula? The rules don't seem to mention anything about a game having to be completed to yield points.

This part says "complete a DLC" but isn't this contest about trophy points? Doesn't every trophy add points to the total?

Yeah, currently you'd get 33.12 points from Nioh. Completing the Dragon of the North DLC (meaning earning every trophy) would increase it to 72.88 points. However, your calculation for doing just the DLC is off as you don't get points for completing DLCs without obtaining a plat/100% completion. Your score isn't increased with 19.83 points, but with 52.95 points.

If you don't want to complete the DLC you'll get 33.12 points, assuming you plat it. No plat/100% completion for platless games means no points.

Not exactly, this contest has always been about platting games. This year platless games are included too. You don't get points for every trophy. I hope this clears things up.

17 minutes ago, Ai-ds_low said:

"unfortunately" I evolved from nolifer to 9-to5-er today bc my jobinterview went very well. so no chance for me to keep up my speed from the last week xD

but hey, the job is more important.

to some ppl anyway :P

so far I earned around 400 points, that was a nice start.

Congrats with the new job :yay: .

18 hours ago, Dr_Mayus said:

January 1st Update

Reveal hidden contents

LittleBigPlanet

Remember Me

Goosebumps

Okabu

My Name is Mayo

Batman

Severed

Dungeon Punks

Adventures of Mana

Madden 11

Game of Thrones

inFAMOUS First Light

inFAMOUS Second Son

Duke Nukem 3D

Yooka-Laylee

Ratchet & Clank

Ride to Hell Retribution

X-Blaze Lost Memories

January 7th Update

Final Fantasy VII

18 hours ago, snakebit10 said:

Please tell me you two aren't going to play the PS3 version, right? That one has lots of bugs and glitches. The servers are buggy too.

Edited by Dragon-Archon
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Dragon-Archon said:

The All Styles time is used from HowLongToBeat.com, so it would be 2.5 hours.

Using the stat for all styles for that particular games is fine,but using all styles time for Sniper Ghost warrior 2 is crazy.It says it takes 5 and a half hours,which is true if you minus the online and the expert difficulty trophies.Even the quickest time on Psnprofiles is almost 3 times that standing at 14 hours and the times after that ranging from a day to two days.Although picking and choosing stats from different websites based on certain games is unreasonable  ,either way I won't make too much of a fuss,it is what it is.Won't really make or break me over a few points.Thanks for clearing that up . ?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ApriIis said:

Using the stat for all styles for that particular games is fine,but using all styles time for Sniper Ghost warrior 2 is crazy.It says it takes 5 and a half hours,which is true if you minus the online and the expert difficulty trophies.Even the quickest time on Psnprofiles is almost 3 times that standing at 14 hours and the times after that ranging from a day to two days.Although picking and choosing stats from different websites based on certain games is unreasonable  ,either way I won't make too much of a fuss,it is what it is.Won't really make or break me over a few points.Thanks for clearing that up . ?

I feel you, but its still better than using the fastest achievers on psnp. and when there just is no guide to take a time from there is no better solution I guess...