Dr_Mayus

On 7.1.2018 at 5:56 AM, Evil_Joker88 said:

My goals for 2018 are:

1) At least 3 Platinum Trophies a month

2) At least 1 Ultra Rare Platinum Trophy a month

3) At least 1 game cleared from my ps3 backlog each month

January Progress

3 Plats already :)

Yay i've covered my goals in this month by now :)

1) Deponia, Yomawari: Night Alone, Super Exploding Zoo

2) Battlefield 3

3) Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception (PS3)

I'm super happy i've got U3 done after lots of hours hunting for those damn random online treasures (among so much other stuff as well)... and going through Bf3's campaign on hard wasn't difficult only the Wingman Trophy was a nightmare which took this whole afternoon away :( ... with U3 and Bf3 two titles are clreared this month :D  ... good start this year

Finish the Plat for Alien: Isolation. Need to play in Hard Mode, No death playthough and die 100 times from the alien.

Horizon Zero Dawn - Get the two 'New Game+' trophies.

And get the two HARD trophies that are in the way for inFamous First Light and Goat Simulator Plats.

Edited by Jamescush147

Met my initial goal (hit 1,000 by January 15), so here's my current goals.

Get to at least 2,500 trophies
Get at least 25 platinums
Earn at least one platinum every month
Reduce backlog more than increasing it

If I meet the first two before year's end, I'll continue to up those numbers.

Progress towards goals:

Trophy total: 1000/2500

Plats: 3/25

Plats for 2018

January: 3

February: N/A

March: N/A

April: N/A

May: N/A

June: N/A

July: N/A

August: N/A

September: N/A

October: N/A

November: N/A

December: N/A

Edited by MidnightDragon
  • Like 2

Pretty much just boost my PS3 completion rates a bit, hopefully scoring some platinums and/or 100%. If I can get even five of them then I'm pretty happy with that. There are quite a few realistic options, some which might even be fun. My PS4 library isn't in too bad of a shape as long as I go for completion with any new games I get. Providing that the said game isn't insane trophywise.

Some specifics ones I want to do:

- Metal Gear Solid 5: Ground Zeroes and Kingdom Hearts BBS 0.2 to 100%, since they're not long and are pretty good in terms of gameplay

- Resonance of Fate and Demon's Souls to platinum, because I think I have very optimal savefiles to finish them

- Nier, might have to do a new file, but I never did more than one ending so it should be worth a revisit with or without trophies

Edited by mecharobot

Personally I am going for my PS3 backlog. I have 280 games listed on PSNP an still many more that I haven't added yet.

I'm hoping to finish the FFXIII trilogy, have all the Dead Space games 100% finished and get the MP done in two Assassin Creeds games.

Trophy goals are mostly to not start many more games unless finishing them quickly and to gain 5 UR Platinums during the year.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

This year my goals are:

Reach 7500 trophies, 70 platinum and 50% completion.

Last year my goal was reach 6000 trophies, 50 platinum and 50% completion. First two I achieved fine but still not made it to 50%. Each year I say it and I do get nearer but I tend to start a lot of new games so always fail, didn't want to be too ambitious this year but I do think 50% can be done at last haha!

Going to play loads of my old games, even if I just earn a few trophies, that will help my completion a bit and also make me finally play games I barely even started!!!

my original goal was to get to 2000 trophies but i have a feeling i'll smash that by my birthday if i keep going at the rate i'm going at now haha

i also want to plat some more things but the only game i'm vaguely close to plat'ing is alice madness returns and one of the trophies is glitched :(

On 12/23/2017 at 11:33 AM, Dr_Mayus said:

80% Completion Rate (current 74.87%)

250 Plats (current 198)

13500 Trophies (current 11896)

35 Ultra Rare Plats (current 29)

Updating my stats

80% Completion Rate (current 75.73%)

250 Plats (current 224)

13500 Trophies (current 12356)

35 Ultra Rare Plats (current 32)

• 2 weeks later...

My 2018 goals are:

• Focusing on getting rid of backlog and playing games I haven't played this year (currently have 78 games either on my backlog or downloaded and haven't touched)
  • Buying DLC for games that I like to get the 100% in the game
  • Not buying new games no matter how amazing the deal is (kinda broke this in January when I got my first PS4) so I'm redoing it for the rest of the year

On 1/17/2018 at 4:03 PM, MidnightDragon said:

Met my initial goal (hit 1,000 by January 15), so here's my current goals.

Get to at least 2,500 trophies
Get at least 25 platinums
Earn at least one platinum every month
Reduce backlog more than increasing it

If I meet the first two before year's end, I'll continue to up those numbers.

Progress towards goals:

Trophy total: 1000/2500

Plats: 3/25

Plats for 2018

February: N/A

Here's my February update since I don't plan on playing tomorrow. As far as the backlog goes, it's about the same. Also, I accidentally counted the 2017 plats towards my total. It was 3/25, not 13. I've changed my numbers to reflect it correctly. And backlog has pretty much remained stable.

Progress towards goals:

Trophy total: 1155/2500

Plats: 7/25

Plats for 2018

February: 4

On 2/9/2018 at 5:02 PM, Dr_Mayus said:

Updating my stats

80% Completion Rate (current 75.73%)

250 Plats (current 224)

13500 Trophies (current 12356)

35 Ultra Rare Plats (current 32)

Only 1 plat this month as I have been working on Persona 5. Also I am replacing a category. Instead of Ultra Rare plats...I am going to Plat the Ultra Rare Alphabet

Here are my updated Feb stats

80% Completion Rate (current 75.87%)

250 Plats (current 225)

13500 Trophies (current 12497)

Ultra Rare Alphabet. Missing letters

A

G

H

I

J

K

Q

U

W

X

Y

Z

2 minutes ago, Lorajet said:

My goals are just relaxing and enjoying each game I play.  

That isn't really a goal though...more just how you spend your time. :P

I wouldn't tell my boss at my year end review "I am just going to enjoy my time at work" 

But I guess keep posting here every month and keep us updated on your relaxing and enjoyment ?

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

That isn't really a goal though...more just how you spend your time. :P

I wouldn't tell my boss at my year end review "I am just going to enjoy my time at work" 

But I guess keep posting here every month and keep us updated on your relaxing and enjoyment 1f605.png

Actually, it is a goal.  Previous years were going for trophies and beating myself up if I missed a jump, had a glitched save or the game bombed.

This year my goal is to enjoy the game and not try to speed run.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lorajet said:

Actually, it is a goal.  Previous years were going for trophies and beating myself up if I missed a jump, had a glitched save or the game bombed.

This year my goal is to enjoy the game and not try to speed run.  

Fair enough :) Then that is an admirable goal. 

Although I now really want someone to tell that to their boss at their yearly review :P "I worked really hard last year and this year I am just going to take my time and enjoy myself" 

COME ON PEOPLE...SOMEONE MAKE IT HAPPEN ?

Edited by Dr_Mayus

So, I'm well on my way to my goal of 50 plats for the year (which will give me 300 overall). I hit #17 yesterday. 

39 minutes ago, Dr_Mayus said:

:P "I worked really hard last year and this year I am just going to take my time and enjoy myself" 

COME ON PEOPLE...SOMEONE MAKE IT HAPPEN 1f606.png

My wife just got her tenure this year, and she said pretty much this very thing to our chair. It happens!

• Like 1

Just now, starcrunch061 said:

So, I'm well on my way to my goal of 50 plats for the year (which will give me 300 overall). I hit #17 yesterday. 

My wife just got her tenure this year, and she said pretty much this very thing to our chair. It happens!

^_^

Actually thinking about it my partner at work has this sentiment. She has 20 years on the job and literally takes 2 and a half hour breaks every day and then spends most of the day either chatting with people or talking on the phone.

She also doesn't really know how the job works and has to keep asking me for answers despite me only being there for 6 months...are Unions great.

Just now, Dr_Mayus said:

^_^

Actually thinking about it my partner at work has this sentiment. She has 20 years on the job and literally takes 2 and a half hour breaks every day and then spends most of the day either chatting with people or talking on the phone.

She also doesn't really know how the job works and has to keep asking me for answers despite me only being there for 6 months...are Unions great.

Oh, that ain't my wife. She's by far the smarter of us, and the more driven. But tenure brings the possibility of sabbatical, which is definitely "take it easy" time. We're probably going to Chile.

That woman at your work does sound like me, though. xD

1 minute ago, starcrunch061 said:

Oh, that ain't my wife. She's by far the smarter of us, and the more driven. But tenure brings the possibility of sabbatical, which is definitely "take it easy" time. We're probably going to Chile.

That woman at your work does sound like me, though. xD

Oh I wasn't trying to put down your wife ^_^ Just wanted to shit on my partner.

Also I hope you are nothing like my partner. She has shit all over her desk (like old pill bottles, ketchup packets, a bowl with some weird brown sauce in it etc) and because her desk is full we put all the stuff needed for our job on my side of the desk. We were then forced to move areas (as I found out the other people around us were complaining about the smell of her jacket as she is a heavy smoker who needs a fan going all the time because of her hot flashes) I said "maybe we can throw out some of that stuff and start again" she then didn't talk to me for the rest of the day as she was mad that I had the crazy notion of throwing out paper from 10 years ago that she has never once looked at.