Persona 5: Dancing Star Night & Persona 3: Dancing Moon Night release this year on 4th December for EU/NA

1 minute ago, zer007uk said:

Anyone know if the Jap version will support English? I'll have to import if no West release is announced in the meantime.

Well, it'll be region free so of course you'll be able to play it, but won't be in English. 

I dont' get all this worrying for the Western version, more than likely we'll see it For the end of the year or beginning 2019, if Persona 4 DAN on Vita arrived to us and it was the first game on the Genre i won't doubt we'll see this two no problem! 

Anyway the Yakuza DLC for P5 looks amazing! I hope That will arrive to us too, Costume DLCs are always a mistery if they arrive or not :(

On 12/25/2017 at 0:08 PM, Golden Devil Gamer said:

P5's MC's canon name is Amamiya Ren... I'm actually pretty happy with that name!! Also yes, there goes my wallet.

I don’t know why they can’t ever settle on one name. In the manga and game he’s Kurusu Akira but now he’s Amammiya Ren. Please settle! 

I don’t really like the new name...

So about 120 euros for both? Yikes, I thought since these were spin-off games that were very similar to each other, that they'd go for a lot less than 60 euros each, and that the double pack would at least be somewhat advantageous price-wise. Even though I love Persona 3 and 5, it looks like I'm going to skip these games. For now, anyways. Maybe I'll get one of them once the price has dropped significantly. 

Edited by QuentinCle95

On 4/16/2018 at 10:53 AM, Daft Gamer said:

I don’t know why they can’t ever settle on one name. In the manga and game he’s Kurusu Akira but now he’s Amammiya Ren. Please settle! 

I don’t really like the new name...

He's Akira in manga only. The game never chooses any names. Since the dancing spin-off games are made by Atlus, the name they choose is canon, so Amamiya Ren is the canon name. It's also the same name being used in the ongoing anime adaptation. I kinda like Ren as a name (mainly because in the anime, Ryuji calls the protagonist "Renren" for fun xD

• 1 month later...

So the DLC schedule for both P3D and P5D has been revealed: https://personacentral.com/persona-3-dancing-moon-night-and-persona-5-dancing-star-night-dlc-japan-release-schedule-overview/

And it has thirty-fucking-one different DLC packs.

Ever since Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, the amount of DLC in the Persona games has been absolutely insane. That game had 36 different packs, Persona 4 Dancing All Night had 43 and Persona 5 had 32.

Seriously. I will defend Atlus, The Persona games and the general way Japanese publishers conduct business (especially in comparison to the West) to death, but this much amount of DLC is insane.

Edited by jrdemr

6 hours ago, jrdemr said:

So the DLC schedule for both P3D and P5D has been revealed: https://personacentral.com/persona-3-dancing-moon-night-and-persona-5-dancing-star-night-dlc-japan-release-schedule-overview/

And it has thirty-fucking-one different DLC packs.

Ever since Persona 4 Arena Ultimax, the amount of DLC in the Persona games has been absolutely insane. That game had 36 different packs, Persona 4 Dancing All Night had 43 and Persona 5 had 32.

Seriously. I will defend Atlus, The Persona games and the general way Japanese publishers conduct business (especially in comparison to the West) to death, but this much amount of DLC is insane.

They're going a biiiit overboard with the DLC, I agree. Good thing is you're not required to buy any of it and some of it may be free to download again. Would be a dick move if they added trophies to the DLC characters/songs.

I'm getting both games when they find their way to Europe. So far it seems P3D is more to my liking based on the music I've heard.

1 minute ago, Eyjabria said:

They're going a biiiit overboard with the DLC, I agree. Good thing is you're not required to buy any of it and some of it may be free to download again. Would be a dick move if they added trophies to the DLC characters/songs.

I'm getting both games when they find their way to Europe. So far it seems P3D is more to my liking based on the music I've heard.

I mean, they're not required (very few DLC actually is), but from the moment they're locking away actual songs and characters... I mean, that's pretty much important content locked behind a paywall.

1 minute ago, jrdemr said:

I mean, they're not required (very few DLC actually is), but from the moment they're locking away actual songs and characters... I mean, that's pretty much important content locked behind a paywall.

Well, I wouldn't call them important content. I bought the character DLCs for P4DAN and they didn't offer much and contributed nothing to any event in the game or anything. Just one additional song, a new character model and animations for a dancer. The DLC characters couldn't even be used in any other song than their own and the songs didn't include bond fevers. 

But planning to include some characters as DLC before the game is even out is a bit questionable. Especially if the characters are core characters in the games these spin-offs are based on.

• Like 1

Just now, Eyjabria said:

But planning to include some characters as DLC before the game is even out is a bit questionable. Especially if the characters are core characters in the games these spin-offs are based on.

I mean, anyone that reads my blogs on this site will know that... up until like 2009, every game came with all the content on the disc from the get-go and I believe there was absolutely nothing wrong with that model and that it should still be like that today.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, jrdemr said:

I mean, anyone that reads my blogs on this site will know that... up until like 2009, every game came with all the content on the disc from the get-go and I believe there was absolutely nothing wrong with that model and that it should still be like that today.

Please be sarcasm. 

7 hours ago, jrdemr said:

On disc dlc that was paid existed before 2009, it's just more prevalent today

http://disclockedcontent.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_games_with_on-disc_DLC

7 hours ago, SnowxSakura said:

On disc dlc that was paid existed before 2009, it's just more prevalent today

http://disclockedcontent.wikia.com/wiki/List_of_games_with_on-disc_DLC

Technically, I said that "every game came with all the content on the disc from the get-go", I never said it wasn't paid on-disc DLC :P

In all seriousness, though, there's barely anything here form before the PS3/X360 era, and the few that are aren't paid downloadable content.

Yes, more love for the vita is always a good thing. I'm not a big anime guy in any medium, but, as we can all probably agree, Persona crosses the lines in many areas. Many people, like me, who aren't fans of anime or jrpg, like the Persona world. Hopefullythere is even a western release of a retail vita version. I fear there won't be. 

35 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

On a related note: the games are about to release this week in Japan... shouldn't we have heard something about Western localizations by now?...

I think with E3 being in almost 3 weeks for now we can expect the Date for the west there by Atlus.

I hope so at least or we have to wait more and probably next year otherwise....

3 hours ago, Sora9427 said:

I think with E3 being in almost 3 weeks for now we can expect the Date for the west there by Atlus.

I hope so at least or we have to wait more and probably next year otherwise....

E3 is waaaay too mainstream for an announcement like that. :P

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Undead Wolf said:

E3 is waaaay too mainstream for an announcement like that. :P

Atlus is still quite a Big SH is not like it would be a surprised to see it announced at E3, it will be a date not the Reveal/Trailer of the Western Game xD 

If not maybe Gamescom in August. TGS in September wouldn't be really adapt i guess being well In Japan.