Questions about flag

PianoBunny

1 hour ago, IoIly said:

Situation: Ubisoft closed EndWar server and made all online trophies unobtainable. But somebody started to support this server and people were able to receive unobtainable trophies.

Somebody created conditions for obtaining EndWar trophies online.

What will you do with EndWar players?

They'd get flagged, because this situation is something that can't happen without a CFW'd system. Games are programmed to connect to a specific server. If that specific server is shut down, then you can't connect to it. You can't make the game connect to a different server without a change in the game code, which would require you CFWing your system and changing the game code.  When people make new self run servers for old PC games it requires either the game being set up to allow that in the first place or requires changing the game code to make it do that).  Comparing that to what is being talked about at this point isn't close to the same. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, IoIly said:

Ubisoft closed EndWar server and made all online trophies unobtainable. But somebody started to support this server and people were able to receive unobtainable trophies.

Somebody created conditions for obtaining EndWar trophies online.

What will you do with EndWar players?

Just when i thought they completely shut down the servers like two months ago... did i miss something?

Edited by Lance_87

15 minutes ago, Lance_87 said:

Just when i thought they completely shut down the servers like two months ago... did i miss something?

Ubisoft shut down (or stopped to support it) EndWar PS3 server many years ago. Ubisoft run only PC server till last year. And Ubisoft warned PC gamers about closing the PC servers. They did not mentioned PS3 server cause this server was already shot down.

There is still access to PS3 server from digital copy of game and some versions of physical copies but nobody support it. 

You must hope what people who run this server unofficially will continue to do it. 

The question is must EndWar and GTA5 players be flagged for getting unobtainble trophies? 

9 minutes ago, IoIly said:

Ubisoft shut down (or stopped to support it) EndWar PS3 server many years ago. Ubisoft run only PC server till last year. And Ubisoft warned PC gamers about closing the PC servers. They did not mentioned PS3 server cause this server was already shot down.

There is still access to PS3 server from digital copy of game and some versions of physical copies but nobody support it. 

You must hope what people who run this server unofficially will continue to do it. 

The question is must EndWar and GTA5 players be flagged for getting unobtainble trophies? 

Endwar servers weren't shutdown, people at Ubisoft just have no idea what they're doing in regards to server closures most of the time. They've announced multiple and all they've ended up doing in nearly all cases is shutting off UPlay access. 

Stop trying to make examples out of things you don't actually know enough about. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gage said:

Endwar servers weren't shutdown, people at Ubisoft just have no idea what they're doing in regards to server closures most of the time. They've announced multiple and all they've ended up doing in nearly all cases is shutting off UPlay access. 

Stop trying to make examples out of things you don't actually know enough about. 

I had conversation with Ubisoft support last year. They were sure what PS3 server is not working. I played online using digital version of game. I couldnt acces server from game i bought 8-9 years ago.

Ubisoft informed about closing pc server http://www.endwaronline.com/ Tell me when Ubisoft told people about closing PS3 server? They ask sorry if you send them message regarding PS3 server. They explain what they had to close PS3 server cause not too much people played it. But when? Give me a date

Edited by IoIly

4 minutes ago, IoIly said:

I had conversation with Ubisoft support last year. They were sure what PS3 server is not working.

That's the answer they were giving to people for a long time, because as far as the outsourced support staff know based off their canned answer script  Endwar was shut down years ago. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Gage said:

That's the answer they were giving to people for a long time, because as far as the outsourced support staff know based off their canned answer script  Endwar was shut down years ago. 

But answer. If you have proof what EndWar server was supported by hackers will you flag EndWar players?

20 minutes ago, IoIly said:

I had conversation with Ubisoft support last year. They were sure what PS3 server is not working. I played online using digital version of game. I couldnt acces server from game i bought 8-9 years ago.

Ubisoft informed about closing pc server http://www.endwaronline.com/ Tell me when Ubisoft told people about closing PS3 server? They ask sorry if you send them message regarding PS3 server. They explain what they had to close PS3 server cause not too much people played it. But when? Give me a date

Oh, i have the digital version, too, i should take a look one day. It's weird because the online-related threads on PlayStationTrophies have been closed... i also heard that you needed both a physical and digital copy of the game in order to get all trophies because one was glitched in the former and another in the latter. Weird.

ps: EndWar Online has nothing to do with the PS3 game. It was a F2P game for PC.

@Gage they truly shut down multiplayer for H.A.W.X. 2 on PC though. You can't even redeem codes anymore.

Edited by Lance_87

Not really all that familiar with RDR but just looking at the trophy list , couldn't you earn the max rank trophy as your first trophy even if the server was functioning properly? Not sure how you would flag for that...

Personally I wish we would have a whitelist for games like GTA5 etc because it's stuff that could happen to someone beyond their control, not everyone checks trophy sites etc ; something that's extra true for really popular games like GTA 5, BO2 that have had their online ruined by hackers...

58 minutes ago, Gwendly said:

Not really all that familiar with RDR but just looking at the trophy list , couldn't you earn the max rank trophy as your first trophy even if the server was functioning properly? Not sure how you would flag for that...

Personally I wish we would have a whitelist for games like GTA5 etc because it's stuff that could happen to someone beyond their control, not everyone checks trophy sites etc ; something that's extra true for really popular games like GTA 5, BO2 that have had their online ruined by hackers...

There are indicators for RDR if the glitch is used, specifically the weapon kill trophies.  It's pretty easy to spot actually.

On 30-12-2017 at 1:38 PM, SnowxSakura said:

I thought endwar like most Ubisoft games had peer to peer servers? Can't be shut down if they do. 

Even P2P games require a master server, so yes they can and eventually could be shutdown in time, that is a fact. This will cause the affect that you cannot publicly matchmake or search for lobbies.

However there is still a chance, even when the master server is down, but it's depend on the game. If the game has the ability to create a lobby/private matches then you can still play with others. But you'll need to invite them if that game supports that feature. But when the master server is down they will not find your game.

The reason that there is a master server is so that players can matchmake, create public lobbies, setup public matches, etc. without that people won't be able to find players without sending invites directly. So theoretically, yes you can still play, but it is highly depended on the game. Games with LAN function are safe, but there are hardly games that support this specific feature.

P2P is a low quality network model, as well the fact that cost are highly reduced compared to a client-server model(dedicated servers), which has increased expenses.
P2P is a mediocre model for online play, compared to a dedicated server model which is just a better and more enjoyable online game experience. Hence why P2P are laggier and just aren't worth playing competitive games online, especially shooters and games that are highly populated imo. P2P is good for PVE games or to play with IRL friends, not for public online real-time based games,  but that is just my opinion. P2P is also easier to hack/cheat, sadly. But then again it al depends on the game eventually.. 

5 hours ago, Otonio_Bruno said:

I guess I should explain some stuff here so major misconceptions have been spread about two particular Rockstar games: Red Dead Redemption and Grand Theft Auto V

Red Dead Redemption had NON-HACKED servers for Playstation 3 up to December 2014. At the end of 2014 and start of January of 2015, a particularly famous and known modder of R* games mod community released a new mod menu for private use of that community but it happened to leak out. It happens that mod menu infects every lobby, be it public or private like a virus and simply turns those lobbies into complete chaos with bodies laying down everywhere, missing npcs and invisible players. Carrying from those modded lobbies, it would also affect Free-4-All and Gang matches, in fact completely breaking some matches. Now, that mod was STARTED BY A CFW MOD-MENU PLAYER , the same as Run like the Wind trophy state of being unobtainable. This modded lobby can be prevented and even, in fact, completely wiped out if R* wishes so. Starting a private lobby from Singleplayer campaign allows a complete "clean" trophy list for all the trophies that can be earned "illegitemately" through the use of those laying bodies, and any public free roam trophies can still be achieved with some perseverence and luck. The player can also opt to simply to NOT shoot any laying body and earn all online trophies without using the advatanges of the modded lobby.

I am aware some people said some of the above, but I am putting in a more complete and explained way.

Now for Grand Theft Auto V: In the current situation, Run like the Wind as unobtainable through normal means as the bounty feature has been disabled by R* to prevent modders from transfering money to other characters through the use of that said feature. Modders can still put on bounties on non-cfw players which can survive said bounty through normal means and earn the aforementioned trophy or like in RDR modded lobbies, those players can avoid that by killing themselves (A rather easy is to just to throw a nade at your feet). In another words, the player will choose if he will earn a trophy STARTED BY A CFW MOD-MENU PLAYER just like the player will decide the same for Red Dead Redemption.

What I am trying to conclude here is: GTAV and RDR are the same SITUATION, ipsi literis. If you are going to flag one game trophy list for obtaining a trophy through the use of CFW mod menu (Be it only STARTED BY A CFW MOD-MENU PLAYER). you CANNOT simply ignore the other game trophy list. The keyword here is CONSISTENCY, you either flag both or you flag none.

Personal opinion is: those situations should not be flaggable. I, for one, can speak for those would feel "robbed" of my hard work as you can see in my trophy lists for both games that I did not take any shortcut in order to achieve the platinum for said games. And I do not feel like being robbed of it, my platinum still stay there and I do not think it is fair to flag people for something they cannot control, as in hackers popping trophies out of a players control, level trophies included. Hell, if you really asked me to be serious about it, Red Dead Redemption should be flagged but GTA IV & GTA V should not, as most of the hacking that happens in the latter games cannot be avoided at all or even fixed like in the case of GTAV, because your character info is saved server side, meaning even if you could go that contriving way of not synching, deleting, then recreating profile, those levels trophies would still pop upon next login of GTA:O. Actually, I could write an essay on how bad is to avoid getting thrown into modded lobbies in GTAV, just like is for RDR, but I have not the time right now.

Final words: You either flag´em all or you don´t, there is no space for cherry picking here.

Hey man, well said.