Questions about flag

PianoBunny

16 minutes ago, MMDE said:

No, not just because everyone can do it, but because it has permanently broken the online for everyone to the point of it becoming a part of the game.

Maybe it was a lot more invasive when you played the game but didn't the "glitch" involve actively seeking out dead bodies, shooting one of them and then waiting a decent amount of time for the trophy to unlock? Unlike some other flaggable situations where the trophies are unlocked instantly upon joining a lobby (or at least as soon as a hacker unlocks them for you) without any intention by the player to have their trophies unlocked?

13 minutes ago, MMDE said:

No, because people with the mods do that manually to everyone it happens to.

So now the criteria for cheating has changed from "hackers are involved at any point" to "hackers manually unlocking the trophies"? It seems like the rules change to suit whichever situation benefits certain players who may or may not have taken advantage of certain hacks in the past.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

was more of a joke but does seem a bit hypocritical that innocent people can get trophies popped for them or features enabled and not want it or realize it and be flagged but people in RDR can actively cheat from a hacker on purpose and it's deemed ok cause it's been going on for awhile and it's a part of guides. I guess if mods ever make gta5 automatically put bounties on everyone then it will be ok then.

Luckily they can fix the issue, and if you've read the thread, you know my opinion on all of this, but also what do get flagged.

3 minutes ago, PianoBunny said:

That's ridiculous, people in RDR skipped a lot of effort.you think that's OK. In GTA5, we are talking about trophy "run like the wind", not the rank trophies, people don't gain an advantage in earning this trophy. you think this trophy should be flagged?

Yeah, it's not about the effort. People get flagged for skipping super easy silly stuff all the time. That's not what you judge it based on. 

1 minute ago, ProfBambam55 said:

the truth about rdr is that hacked trophies are avoidable and you could've avoided the online entirely...you could've played on an alt...you could've done your homework...it was actually even in the guide...you could've deleted the trophies...all forms of hacking are cheating...this is what you've been saying...again, the way you handle disputes is nearly impeccable...but, it seems that you have also benefitted from hackers...yes, you made a mistake out of ignorance...it's completely understandable given the circumstances ...rdr has been white listed...all that being said, might I suggest toning down your posts a little with regards to all this talk of "all hacking is cheating" business?...rdr is really not that dissimilar to the situation we are facing with gta v and other games suggested to be whitelisted...

My point, and why I said it was a malformed question, was because it's not considered cheating at this point. So you asking me if I cheated in RDR, because you think I did use this method, would be a malformed question. Did I cheat in RDR? No. Happy?

And it's different in that a hacker will need to put a bounty on you manually and then you survive with it.

Also, you know what I've done with reports on GTA5 before this, but now that you guys push it so hard, and still do, we have to take a side in the matter, and it won't be favoring that of someone hacking the trophy for you.

4 minutes ago, HailHale81 said:

Umm reread what I wrote haha. I'm making a point in your favor although we've all made our points and we all think a certain way on things and the best middle ground is a whitelist feature which I know @MMDE is behind if it works a certain way. This is going in circles cause you can use the logic against certain people here and it won't matter cause they deem themselves right no matter what. In a way so do the people arguing on the other side but at least it's been civil for the most part. I respect peoples opinions here even if I don't agree with them. Yeah so hopefully a whitelist.

Maybe we just add the hacker thing into GTA5' guide, then no one will be flagged like RDR.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, madbuk said:

The difference between GTAV and RDR is that for GTAV, you have to actively seek out a modder to have them add a bounty on you via illegitimate means. With RDR, the online is broken for everyone so anyone can take advantage of that server, thus nobody is gaining an unfair advantage. The hacker changed the boundaries of the game.

Which, in my opinion at least, is pretty dumb. It shits on the work of people who did all the levels "legit" and you're still taking advantage of a hack. But I can understand why it's considered unflaggable, it certainly has more right to be unflaggable than this GTAV trophy. And at this point, the damage has been done for RDR. The cheat is listed in several trophy guides across the internet and many have taken advantage of it under the belief it's legit, and it'd be very unfair to suddenly flag everyone for a method that has been widely accepted, even if it is cheating. GTAV has had no such acceptance by any community, and I hope it stays that way.

I would say gta v is much worse having played rdr since it was hacked...you can easily avoid macfarlane's ranch whereas there is no warning that a hacker has put a bounty on you in gta v...it looks legit unless of course they set it to like $10 mil or something...it's not mentioned in trophy guides that it is in fact unobtainable nor any methods of avoiding it...if you shoot a dead body in rdr, a must to activate the xp boost, nothing seems legit...you get this odd sound and the screen goes laggy and blurry...the more you shoot the more laggy and blurry it becomes...worst part is it actually is possible to get all rdr trophies legit...none are unobtainable...

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

My point, and why I said it was a malformed question, was because it's not considered cheating at this point. So you asking me if I cheated in RDR, because you think I did use this method, would be a malformed question. Did I cheat in RDR? No. Happy?

On 27/12/2017 at 7:34 PM, MMDE said:

Trophies earned through hacking is considered cheated, and cheated trophies can get flagged.

So can we agree then that blanket statements like this one about what constitutes cheating are clearly wrong?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I would say gta v is much worse having played rdr since it was hacked...you can easily avoid macfarlane's ranch whereas there is no warning that a hacker has put a bounty on you in gta v...it looks legit unless of course they set it to like $10 mil or something...it's not mentioned in trophy guides that it is in fact unobtainable nor any methods of avoiding it...if you shoot a dead body in rdr, a must to activate the xp boost, nothing seems legit...you get this odd sound and the screen goes laggy and blurry...the more you shoot the more laggy and blurry it becomes...worst part is it actually is possible to get all rdr trophies legit...none are unobtainable...

Pretty sure there were other locations than just MacFarlane ranch. Like the location where I played card games.

4 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Also, you know what I've done with reports on GTA5 before this, but now that you guys push it so hard, and still do, we have to take a side in the matter, and it won't be favoring that of someone hacking the trophy for you.

Ah that's wonderful news, so no flag since no one is hacking a trophy for those people just a feature haha. Joke if you can't tell

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Wanna know what my experience with RDR online was? It didn't really work. Completely broken. I 100% everything offline. Tried to play it online, but could only see some few random strangers, and nobody else I really tried to play with, not even from my own country. Yes, the online is broken by hackers. I never could complete it. The game is just permanently broken like that now, so it's what the game is like now for everyone playing it online.

I get it, you wanna attack me, make the thread even more cancerous, but have you actually read what I've said in the thread?

You are known as an unappeasable and bloodthirsty exterminator of cheaters:) You say what anybody who got hacker's hand of help must be flagged.

It is a funny to know what you have small sins too:) 

It is really funny when people discover what anti-semitic activist has jew roots and well known homophobe is a gay.

It is not possible to ban RDR and Borderlands players cause you have to ban thousands people

So for these games was made an exception.

I think such exception must be made for GTA5 too.

6 minutes ago, IoIly said:

You are known as an unappeasable and bloodthirsty exterminator of cheaters:) You say what anybody who got hacker's hand of help must be flagged.

It is a funny to know what you have small sins too:) 

It is really funny when people discover what anti-semitic activist has jew roots and well known homophobe is a gay.

It is not possible to ban RDR and Borderlands players cause you have to ban thousands people

So for these games was made an exception.

I think such exception must be made for GTA5 too.

ffs, still on about Borderlands? -_- It's almost not flaggable, like several other games, because you can play it local co op and the trophies will pop when you go back on your main account. Borderlands is not some kind of exception. Both Borderlands and RDR has been like this long before I was involved with any of this. In fact, Borderlands you can pop the trophies totally out of order if you back up the saves on the main account several times, and play it local co-op as the second player, do different progress on different saves. Do you get why it's not flaggable? I gave you some other games to rage on about too.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Did I cheat in RDR?

quickly redefines the word "cheat"

14 minutes ago, MMDE said:

No. Happy?

It might feel like you're being attacked right now, but honestly that's not my intention at all. I think you obviously do a lot of good for this site, but it has to be pointed out that your words and your actions apparently don't line up here.

Like I said I'm not trying to suggest that you or anyone else should be flagged for this trophy after the method used was so widely accepted at the time. But wherever the site is going to stand on this stuff, I think it's absurd to talk about this GTA V trophy like it's absolutely wrong in every conceivable way but then to just ignore other cases because "I thought we were all cool with that specific type of cheating".

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

ffs, still on about Borderlands? -_- It's almost not flaggable, like several other games, because you can play it local co op and the trophies will pop when you go back on your main account. Borderlands is not some kind of exception. Both Borderlands and RDR has been like this long before I was involved with any of this. In fact, Borderlands you can pop the trophies totally out of order if you back up the saves on the main account several times, and play it local co-op as the second player, do different progress on different saves.

PianoBunny: "You didn't answer the question, whether you shot the dead bodies.

You are lying because the dead body is not in every public roam, not all the roams are hacked with dead bodies in it. Besides, people could choose not to shoot them"

10 minutes ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

Using CFW is cheating by definition. You cannot get that trophy without someone who's using CFW. Therefore it's cheating.

You cannot compare using bugs with cheating. Because bugs are part of the game and cheating is not. Besides cheating is defined very well, bugs are not. 

It's okay, because the developers left it in the game. By not changing it they made it indirectly a official part of the game.

It's not about effort. This is only about cheating.

Your replies is really funny haha, RDR NOT CHEATing? Developer left it? You just make me laugh. Maybe You are a R star employee.

I guess you shoot the dead body too.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Luckily they can fix the issue, and if you've read the thread, you know my opinion on all of this, but also what do get flagged.

Yeah, it's not about the effort. People get flagged for skipping super easy silly stuff all the time. That's not what you judge it based on. 

And it's different in that a hacker will need to put a bounty on you manually and then you survive with it.

I have no idea what gets flagged now...first you were adamant about all hacks using cfw = cheating...now you are saying it's not the case within the same thread...it's confusing...and now you're telling us to reread your posts...you have been stating facts on behalf of the site and how flags work...not opinions...there is a massive difference...there is also a major conflict of interest if you yourself have used cfw mods in the past to unlock trophies...now you're in denial making excuses as to why the way you used cfw mods doesn't count...it's odd...

what we are pushing for in gta v is some clarification...as has been the case for a while, I think many of us are pushing for an alternative...a white list is seeming more and more like a good idea to me as we tread along here...yet, it has been completely ignored by the guy who has the power to make it happen...

i am completely in agreement that people actively hacking trophies like run like the wind is not cool...I also know that it could happen to some unintentionally...the latter group undergoing all that is involved with how this site deals with flags kind of bothers me...why?...because they are potentially the kind of players we want in this community...legit players just looking to have a little fun playing games as they are intended to be played not even knowing they are in violation of anything...i have stated many times throughout this thread (before the recent developments) that the possibility of solving this with a white list is my main interest and reason for participating...

and you keep saying have to as though this is a situation of impending doom...no one has to do anything...if anything, we have to implement a whitelist...haha...

I cannot word things in a more civil way than my man @mekktor so please consider what he writes as also representing my opinion on this one...again, we are not trying to attack you personally...just highlight confusions and inconsistencies...I also think, despite our differences, that you do much much more good than harm to this site and trust that your intentions are always good...you've lost a tad of my respect here not by having cheated in rdr but by not being to able to admit that it might actually fall into the definition of cheating you provided us with and have been defending...

i really don't think you deserve a boat load of criticism or personal attack so I will leave the topic as is and wait to see if sly has any comment with regards to the possibility of a white list being implemented...all I really care about...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

a white list is seeming more and more like a good idea to me as we tread along here...

A white list was a good idea a long long time ago, but everyone in here has been arguing with someone who doesn't have direct say in whether there would actually be a whitelist feature for stuff like this or not.

People take trophies way too seriously sometimes. 

Yeah, congratulations lolly, you derailed the thread to be about me. Great! As if it wasn't cancerous enough already. There are posts in this thread that has been deleted due to them being straight up attacks on a couple of people already.

18 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I have no idea what gets flagged now...first you were adamant about all hacks using cfw = cheating...now you are saying it's not the case within the same thread...it's confusing...and now you're telling us to reread your posts...you have been stating facts on behalf of the site and how flags work...not opinions...there is a massive difference...there is also a major conflict of interest if you yourself have used cfw mods in the past to unlock trophies...now you're in denial making excuses as to why the way you used cfw mods doesn't count...it's odd...

what we are pushing for in gta v is some clarification...as has been the case for a while, I think many of us are pushing for an alternative...a white list is seeming more and more like a good idea to me as we tread along here...yet, it has been completely ignored by the guy who has the power to make it happen...

i am completely in agreement that people actively hacking trophies like run like the wind is not cool...I also know that it could happen to some unintentionally...the latter group undergoing all that is involved with how this site deals with flags kind of bothers me...why?...because they are potentially the kind of players we want in this community...legit players just looking to have a little fun playing games as they are intended to be played not even knowing they are in violation of anything...i have stated many times throughout this thread (before the recent developments) that the possibility of solving this with a white list is my main interest and reason for participating...

and you keep saying have to as though this is a situation of impending doom...no one has to do anything...if anything, we have to implement a whitelist...haha...

As I explained earlier, this was stuff already in place long before I had anything to do with the flagging on this site. It has nothing to do with my interests. When the site has promoted it in the trophy guide and in threads etc.

The topic here is if earning the "Run like the wind" today will get you flagged. This has been answered. If you started the game after it went "unobtainable" and you earned it, you risk getting flagged for it.

And you know what I've done in the case of GTA5 in the past. I've reported GTA5 some few times, but it's been things like clear CFW users. Copied trophy lists, trophies before release etc. You got no idea how many who got GTA5 trophies in 2008! xD And around 1200+ of the reports I haven't even touched for GTA5. Want little to do with that stuff.

And yes, I've asked Sly to implement the kind of whitelist I mentioned earlier. Sly's response was that it would take too much resources to do. Don't think I haven't tried to push for this.

2017_12_29_11h56_21.png

That is me having started a private thread about this for the cheater removal team. I encouraged you to start the thread you talk about. etc

I'd be behind whitelisting for GTA5, and it's no secret.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, BigBossImBeamer said:

I didn't shoot any dead body. And can you please stop this witch hunt. It's not about my or MMDE's trophy list. The difference between GTA V and RDR is you can get the RDR trophies without CFW and you can't get the trophy in GTA V without CFW. And MMDE started RDR AFTER the decision was made.

There's no before or after some decision, cheat is cheat. After the decision, so what, not cheat?

I didn't start witch hunt someone else dig this out. He is a judge, nobody can doubt a judge?

How do you know dead body is not involving hackers and CFW. As I read, Not all the roams have deadbodies , R star left this randomly? I think R star would choose to sell Shark cards. 100 dollars to level 50.

Correct me if i'm wrong i'm just reading this for fun. A hacker made some exploit in RDR and all people are using it for their advantage and it's not getting flags because it's common and acceptable ? on the other side in GTA some hacker is putting a bounty on a player and it's not acceptable. In both conditions the player is not using any cheats ! So why you want to flag a guy that was not cheating in GTA 90% thinks the bounty is legit so they will do the trophy and then a flag will appear haha.

8 minutes ago, Gage said:

People take trophies way too seriously sometimes. 

Well said my friend.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, congratulations lolly, you derailed the thread to be about me. Great! As if it wasn't cancerous enough already. There are posts in this thread that has been deleted due to them being straight up attacks on a couple of people already.

You are wrong. I respect you and your job. I dont like any kinds of cheaters. But i dont want innocent people be punished.

Boosting RDR exp in the hacker's nest is a real crime but this GTA5 trophy you obtain legit after SURVIVING the bounty

1 minute ago, IoIly said:

You are wrong. I respect you and your job. I dont like any kinds of cheaters. But i dont want innocent people be punished.

Boosting RDR exp in the hacker's nest is a real crime but this GTA5 trophy you obtain legit after SURVIVING the bounty

reportgta5.png

gta5reports2.png

This is the person you're talking to btw.

8 minutes ago, bezdomnekoty said:

A hacker made some exploit in RDR and all people are using it for their advantage and it's not getting flags because it's common and acceptable ?

A permanent one, and it's not because it's "common and acceptable", but rather because it's permanent, available for all and become part of the game. Rockstar don't even attempt to fix it either. In fact, it has pretty much ruined online. Personally, I could never finish the game 100% because of how broken the online is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, MMDE said:

And yes, I've asked Sly to implement the kind of whitelist I mentioned earlier. Sly's response was that it would take too much resources to do. Don't think I haven't tried to push for this.

That honestly scares me for the future of this site then. With the way the ps4 syncs trophies automatically it will be impossible to delete your profile. Not to mention the way sony is making their systems more like pcs, hackers or modders will have an even easier time figuring out how to mess with stuff. This is the beginning of the problem that is only going to get worse and that is why I argue this that much. Sure it's only a couple games now, but the amount of games that can be hacked will only get bigger and that's pretty obvious. So if all the ad revenue and all the premiums can't help pay for a white list then he sure as hell better get some better common sense and just say ignore these games if it's obvious the person was screwed by a mod then being a true cheater that cheats multiple games. Eventually we all could get hit by it with new sony systems down the road. Maybe make it where a guy has to have 2 games in question to be flagged with these type of games or something I dunno. And I just mean these games that people think should be whitelisted. Not other games where it's clear save file usuage

• Like 1

Just now, HailHale81 said:

That honestly scares me for the future of this site then. With the way the ps4 syncs trophies automatically it will be impossible to delete your profile. Not to mention the way sony is making their systems more like pcs, hackers or modders will have an even easier time figuring out how to mess with stuff. This is the beginning of the problem that is only going to get worse and that is why I argue this that much. Sure it's only a couple games now, but the amount of games that can be hacked will only get bigger and that's pretty obvious. So if all the ad revenue and all the premiums can't help pay for a white list then he sure as hell better get some better common sense and just say ignore these games if it's obvious the person was screwed by a mod then being a true cheater that cheats multiple games. Eventually we all could get hit by it with new sony systems down the road. Maybe make it where a guy has to have 2 games in question to be flagged with these type of games or something I dunno. And I just mean these games that people think should be whitelisted. Not other games where it's clear save file usuage

The more of an issue it becomes, the more likely it will be that server resources may be dedicated to it.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

The more of an issue it becomes, the more likely it will be that server resources may be dedicated to it.

I hope so cause I hate to see this site become a joke cause of it. I like to see things fixed in the early stages and not when it's gotten out of hand. It's like dealing with our moronic politicians who can only pass laws that affect the now but cant see how that will affect things one week into the future. It gets aggravating. I mean if we need to delete all the what was the last anime you watched posts then so be it haha

8 minutes ago, MMDE said:

reportgta5.png

gta5reports2.png

This is the person you're talking to btw.

A permanent one, and it's not because it's "common and acceptable", but rather because it's permanent, available for all and become part of the game. Rockstar don't even attempt to fix it either. In fact, it has pretty much ruined online. Personally, I could never finish the game 100% because of how broken the online is.

I assume that 10% of people are aware that a guy with a CFW just made a bounty on their head but the rest 90% will not know this and will make this trophy like a casual player thinking it's normal and than BOOM! a notification "you have been flagged" He will think WTF did i done wrong i'm not a hacker i didn't use any custom firmware haha it should be legit if anyone don't understand what i wrote above is just BLIND. I'm not here for the players that know this like the ones in this thread i'm here for all those innocent casuals haha.

• Like 2