Questions about flag

PianoBunny

2 hours ago, IoIly said:
No. You are wrong.

First mentioned it Lorajet:
In that case then Sony should refund my money on Gran Turismo 5 as they shut down the servers and removed 3 trophies from being earned.  Isn't that against the law?  As a matter of fact, I have quite a few games I could get my money back due to server shutdowns, trophies missing, games that weren't as fun as I thought they would be, games I suck at, games that don't have nice graphics, etc etc etc.

I answered him:
 It is not just a trophy. Rockstar cut contain of main game, you cant obtain platinum trophy now. Many people will refuse to buy game with unobtainable platinum. Trophies are the main part of the game for many people. There is a warning in the psn store if game's server was closed. Did EA inform people when GT5 servers be closed?

Sony returned me money for game Darkest Dungeon just cause the end of game video was frozen and people couldnt obtain end of game trophies.

I am sure Sony will return money to GTA5 owners. And Rockstar will pay Sony 

MMDE answered me:

EA has anything to do with GT5?

I dont have GT5 and i thought EA made it. What is it change? When you buy game in psn store you see warning what online server is not working. So you know about it.

Everybody understand what online service be closed soon or later for any game. But you ll be informed about it some months before. So you have time to get trophies.

In case of GTA5 there is no info about online restrictions in the psn store and Rockstar did not informed people about restrictions which dont allow to obtain trophies.

So you have reason to ask Sony to return you money cause you was not informed about online restrictions.

Will we get warning for been offtopic?:)  

So you was the first person to mention GT5 and EA together, just because Lorajet brought up GT5 first you was still the one that mentioned EA having anything to do with it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

Ummm no one is hacking a trophy and no one is arguing for people to hack trophies. This is different from when the mod pops the level trophies. Nothing says you getting a bounty even means you'll get a trophy. There are soooooo many casuals that are tracked by this site which I'm sure is over 50 percent that have no clue a feature like that is taken away. The game is still kinda expensive in my eye but a lot of younger people will start buying it and will not think twice that they are cheating when playing the game normally. How many times do we see disputes from people where it's their first post? Even hardcore gamers don't even know it was taken away. I honestly didn't know it was taken away till I kept reading all the disputes a couple months back and I frequent this site all day long and if i was playing a bit beforehand I could of been screwed and labeled a cheat and that's beyond ridiculous. This is just one of those trophies that deserves that special attention to look the other way. Especially if you can tell when the rest of the account looks clean. Again I'm only arguing for this one cause it's not an auto pop. If it was autopopped you as a gamer would know that something wasn't right but you having a bounty put on you like it normally goes, 99 percent of people would think nothing of it and think they earned it legit. It's so silly to make someone hide a game cause of this that they worked hard on and did legit basically since they still need to do the requirements for the trophy to pop

Let's be honest about this. There is hacking involved in anyone getting the trophy these days. I don't care if there's like one or two people in the world who maybe still got tracked as having a bounty on them. I'm not sure they even would anymore at this point.

Please stop saying there's no hacking involved and that they earn it etc. That is just dishonest, so please stop it. If you're not going to argue honestly, I don't see the point.

3 hours ago, Se7en said:

Well, “Run Like The Wind” is still legitimately obtainable under certain circumstances for everyone who played GTA Online before April 2017, so whoever made that report in your pic is incorrect.

Maybe, maybe not. Rockstar might have removed them, or they might not last this long. Who knows? As I stated earlier in this thread, anyone who started the game after the trophy went unobtainable risk getting flagged if they earn the trophy. I stand by that.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

we don't have to do anything...if time can be spent going over 1300 flags and potential disputes why not just spend that time and effort coming up with an idea for whitelisting that a majority agree with as being a suitable solution? ...

i see two parties being quite lazy here...r* for disabling a feature without warning with a pretty bs excuse for doing so and then this site basically taking the same approach with regards to flags...

I'm confident that a majority are ok with a whitelist on a handful of trophies so why not implement it in some form?...same goes to the devs...a majority are looking for the feature to be reinstated so why not do it?...the devs can say that there is no financial benefit to making the feature available again and so be it...i'm curious as to what excuse our site has...haven't seen any specific reply...so may as well just ask directly if transparency is the goal as @MMDE previously stated so:

@Sly Ripper

what are your thoughts on a white list and on trophies that can basically be auto-popped by hackers without a players consent?...

is a white list something that you would consider implementing?...and particularly if leaderboard integrity is maintained?...

are you aware that this is a feature that a large majority would like to see implemented in some form or another including some of our own staff?...

is there anything us members can do to help you with making this a reality?...

we have some pretty good minds here...i'm sure many would be happy to offer input either on the logical or technical sides of how a whitelist could work...i think dialogue is important so would appreciate the thoughts of the guy who has the final word on these kinds of things since it's kind of a mystery as to why there is resistance to solving a problem that seems to be a reoccurring topic that a majority have an issue with...it's even more confusing when our staff are providing conflicting second hand statements...first @grimydawg says "no more flags", then @MMDE says "we have to flag this"...what they do both seem to agree upon is that a white list is an idea worth considering...what is the actual situation?...i think we would all welcome some clarification...i think a concrete "this is psnp's view on the topic" type statement from the site owner would be an excellent way to put this topic to rest and set the bar for existing and possible future games and trophies like this...

a very simple poll was created in the following thread and some brilliant ideas were shared...perhaps we could start there and work our way to a solution?...

The kind of whitelisting I'm personally for is that when someone is reported for the trophy, the report can manually be chosen to be placed in a special "state", called "white" or whatever. What happens next is that the game no longer count on their profile. They don't need to the hide the game, and people can view it, but the trophies don't count in on their stats. A special message could appear somewhere explaining why or something. Maybe the game appears in green or some special color or something. I don't know. But yeah, the game no longer count on their stats or the leaderboard. It could also count on their stats, but not on the world, country etc leaderboards and on the game's leaderboard.

And grimy just looked for an escape clause, one which isn't really followed that much, and he knows it. Sly even said he wanted to add a special report reason only requiring one trophy for this exact purpose, so you get the point. :P The point with the 3 or 5 trophies selection is basically to avoid a lot of people getting reported for just a single trophy not popping or something. I at least think we tend to be pretty fair about this, and if you think we aren't or we've made a mistake, you can always dispute it etc.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 2

29 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Maybe, maybe not. Rockstar might have removed them, or they might not last this long.

So you don’t know for sure, but are ready to jump to conclusion:

7 minutes ago, MMDE said:

There is hacking involved in anyone getting the trophy these days.

Good luck proving the hacking part. Because no matter how likely you deem those chances are, while there is still a possibility that bounty was put and remained on a second character which wasn’t used for years, this is totally legit way to earn “Run Like The Wind” even today and shouldn’t warrant a flag if a person played GTA Online before the feature was turned off by Rockstar.

27 minutes ago, Se7en said:

So you don’t know for sure, but are ready to jump to conclusion:

Good luck proving the hacking part. Because no matter how likely you deem those chances are, while there is still a possibility that bounty was put and remained on a second character which wasn’t used for years, this is totally legit way to earn “Run Like The Wind” even today and shouldn’t warrant a flag if a person played GTA Online before the feature was turned off by Rockstar.

Not sure you have fully read my comments tbh. :| I was speaking from the point that anyone starting the process of earning it today has hacking involved. He spoke as if that wasn't the case, as if hacking isn't involved in someone getting a new bounty on them today, because it essentially worked a bit like it did initially, someone puts a bounty on you and you still have to do the rest of the trophy legit.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Se7en said:

It has been stated before that it becomes impossible AFTER that date.

50 minutes ago, MMDE said:

As I stated earlier in this thread, anyone who started the game after the trophy went unobtainable risk getting flagged if they earn the trophy. I stand by that.

Oh look. You quoted part of that, but conveniently left out the important section.

Dang it, ninja'd.

Edited by Squirlruler
ninja'd
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Not sure you have fully read my comments tbh. :| I was speaking from the point that anyone starting the process of earning it today has hacking involved. He spoke as if that wasn't the case, as if hacking isn't involved in someone getting a new bounty on them, because they still had to do the rest of the trophy legit.

Not sure I get what you mean by “starting the process of earning it today”. Does switching to secondary character, receiving message about bounty being put on them by angry NPC long ago and starting to avoid being killed by anyone equal “starting the process of earning it”?

Edited by Se7en

23 minutes ago, Se7en said:

Not sure I get what you mean by “starting the process of earning it today”. Does switching to secondary character, receiving message about bounty being put on them by angry NPC long ago and starting to avoid being killed by anyone equal “starting the process of earning it”?

I do not own the game. If I were to go out, purchase it today, start playing it today, and somehow get the unobtainable trophy today, I would have gotten it through illegitimate means (AKA hacking). That is what he is saying. We are NOT talking about someone who has played the game before the cutoff date.

• Like 1

@Se7en no, starting it today means you start today, you don't have a secondary characters waiting with a bounty on his head, which honestly sounds really far fetched.

If you stopped playing before the feature was removed and now started again and earned a bunch of trophies, 'run like the wind' included (provided you had started mp before you stopped) that would be somewhat believable, but honestly how many cases do you think that applies to?

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Se7en said:

I thought I was pretty clear after a couple of edits.

58 minutes ago, MMDE said:

as if hacking isn't involved in someone getting a new bounty on them today

I'm saying, pretty much everyone who gets it these days have cheated (hacking involved), but that if you started the game after it was made unavailable, you definitively risk getting flagged for it.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

Not sure you have fully read my comments tbh. :| I was speaking from the point that anyone starting the process of earning it today has hacking involved. He spoke as if that wasn't the case, as if hacking isn't involved in someone getting a new bounty on them today, because it essentially worked a bit like it did initially, someone puts a bounty on you and you still have to do the rest of the trophy legit.

Quoting me twice huh. I never said hacking wasn't involved so you're misconstruing my words. I said no one was hacking the trophy which is true. You know I don't like hacking trophies as we've talked many times but this crosses that line where I don't think it's it. Yes a modder is hacking a FEATURE(not trophy) that they can put on you just like the game intended. I never argued that. But that feature being put on you like the game intended doesn't guarantee a trophy is earned. Kinda shocked and bit saddened that you're basically calling me a liar and quoting that again especially after our private convos.I'm not dishonest when arguing my point of view. Oh well.

Hopefully this becomes whitelisted and it's removed from leaderboards but the person still gets to see it as a milestone on their profile since people care about that

1 hour ago, HardXDXtraga said:

@Se7en no, starting it today means you start today, you don't have a secondary characters waiting with a bounty on his head, which honestly sounds really far fetched.

If you stopped playing before the feature was removed and now started again and earned a bunch of trophies, 'run like the wind' included (provided you had started mp before you stopped) that would be somewhat believable, but honestly how many cases do you think that applies to?

Pretty much 70% of the gaming world which is casuals haha

1 hour ago, MMDE said:

I thought I was pretty clear after a couple of edits.

2 hours ago, MMDE said:

as if hacking isn't involved in someone getting a new bounty on them today

Well, now you are clearly talking about “getting a new bounty”, which I agree involves hacking 'cos the normal way to get a new bounty is currently disabled by R*.

Though your previous statement was “starting the process of earning it today has hacking involved”, and since bounty is not earned, I guessed you were talking about earning the trophy itself. In which case starting that process may or may not involve hacking.

3 hours ago, MMDE said:

The kind of whitelisting I'm personally for is that when someone is reported for the trophy, the report can manually be chosen to be placed in a special "state", called "white" or whatever. What happens next is that the game no longer count on their profile. They don't need to the hide the game, and people can view it, but the trophies don't count in on their stats. A special message could appear somewhere explaining why or something. Maybe the game appears in green or some special color or something. I don't know. But yeah, the game no longer count on their stats or the leaderboard. It could also count on their stats, but not on the world, country etc leaderboards and on the game's leaderboard.

And grimy just looked for an escape clause, one which isn't really followed that much, and he knows it. Sly even said he wanted to add a special report reason only requiring one trophy for this exact purpose, so you get the point. :P The point with the 3 or 5 trophies selection is basically to avoid a lot of people getting reported for just a single trophy not popping or something. I at least think we tend to be pretty fair about this, and if you think we aren't or we've made a mistake, you can always dispute it etc.

this is the exact kind of idea that was covered in the white list thread and I can get behind it...

i really would like to hear what sly has to say though...whether grimy is looking for an easy way out or not makes no difference to me...your post is a perfect example of how it can be confusing...now you're telling us what grimy and sly meant, grimy is telling us what sly said, and sly is nowhere to be found other than "I could change the flagging rules" completing avoiding much of the issue that is being raised  here...add the fact that you're defending the current system but that you are both also saying a whitelist would be ok makes it equally confusing...if you guys are site representatives, then why hasn't a white list been implemented?...and please don't tell us it's not technologically possible in any form...i don't think any of us are that naive...so why is it that sly is not acknowledging what his site mods and a majority are suggesting?...because he doesn't want to change it?...completely understandable but then why not just say so?...

and yes, the only way to earn run like the wind if you started the online trophies fresh after April, 2017 is through some form of hack whether intentional or not...my question is basically, are we able to prove 100% that everyone who earned this trophy and the handful of other ones mentioned in the whitelist were not playing the game as it was intended to and in fact tried to earn their trophies through some form of cfw mod?...if the answer is "yes", then I'm out of this discussion...if the answer is "no" which many seem to think is the more likely response, then our current flag system doesn't really do justice to the 100% legit players out there and a majority would like to see some form of change to the flag/dispute process for these cases...so far our voices have been completely ignored...for me, this is highly unprofessional from a business standpoint...

i feel like I'm a broken record...i will stay out of this discussion until we hear word from sly...otherwise, it's just a bunch of hypotheses, black and white opinions clashing for no real reason, and second hand statements which seem to be more damage control than fact in an attempt to justify the current system...a system that a majority have a problem with in terms of how these types of trophies are dealt with...i'm curious to see if sly ever actually formally acknowledges the discussion...i'm of the mindset that it would actually benefit the community and the situation we're dealing with here...would allow us to close up these kinds of discussions and avoid having the same conversations over and over with the end result being the same...which so far has been nothing at all... 

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 2

If this is really a community than the best way out is to make a poll. The question would look like "Should this trophy or that trophy be whitelisted YES/NO" Let the poll be in a visible place on the forum for a month and let us all decide. If one person decides for 10.000 or more than this is not a community.

I lied. I'm back... Can't help myself.

51 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

... If the answer is "yes" ...

Yes.  At least in GTA V's case.  Depends on the game in question.  But here, the majority of people earning it are indeed seeking a modder. 

Most people don't understand, this isn't really about punishing innocents, but rather keeping the system fair and putting everyone in the same boat.

Think of it this way...  @PianoBunny  How would you feel if you could not find someone to put the hacked bounty on you, this locking YOU out of forever earning it, but the next guy got the trophy?  Even if you respond "I wouldn't care." you can bet SOMEONE will, and thus why this shouldn't be allowed.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 3

22 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Yes.  At least in GTA V's case.  Depends on the game in question.  But here, the majority of people earning it are indeed seeking a modder. 

So out of 1300 potential flags you guys have evidence that like what % sought out a modder?...please be real...this is an important number to me and I may call your bluff... 

Edited by ProfBambam55

Let me put it this way, if 

Topic gtav: run like wind trophy is unobtainable since April 2017 and people still getting this trophy by means of cheats method either by hack or save file etc. Why should we let them run amok and thinking it's ok? What about those people who earned legitimately b4 it was unobtainable of course it's very unfair.

For example,

Sales lady selling hot wheels toy and it's down to 3 toys remaining. 3 people waiting in line for 4 hours.

Customer A. Came first and it's about to buy it.

Customer B. Came second and wanted to buy it.

Customer 3 is about to pay the last toy. And 4th customer was eager to get his hands on last toy. The fourth guy customer however doesn't wanna admit defeat and bribes the price and pay double just to get it. Even though the 3rd guy was already there waiting for 4 hours in line. Do u think its fair for the 4th guy to buy off the toy even though its way too late?

The fourth guy can lose his patients and simply steal that item from the 3rd guy. But that's wrong of course he will get caught stealing and be punished for.

Same concept that we dealing now. Do u think its OK for them for getting trophies even though it's not Legitimate way of earning it? "Unobtainable" means cannot achieve anymore unless u cheat..

37 minutes ago, B1rvine said:

Think of it this way...  @PianoBunny  How would you feel if you could not find someone to put the hacked bounty on you, this locking YOU out of forever earning it, but the next guy got the trophy?  Even if you respond "I wouldn't care." you can bet SOMEONE will, and thus why this shouldn't be allowed.

That's kind of a silly argument because the same logic can be applied to any mp game. What about people who are able to find boosters when a game is populated to a person who started a game later and can't find boosters to get a mp trophy. Or what about some people can get weapons dropped for them in some games and others can't. Others can find and make glitches work for them to their advantage and others can't. There will always be people who get a better break at earning trophies than other people. Just like life.

Putting people in the same boat as a legit cheater is worse in my mind then someone playing this game and earning the trophy as the game intended. Like it's just this one trophy that people are arguing over. I agree if the level trophies were popped or any other trophy cause those weren't earned as the game intended. But if a whitelisting feature was put in place I know that solve a lot of problems and I know the mods are looking into it at least.

1 hour ago, B1rvine said:

Most people don't understand, this isn't really about punishing innocents, but rather keeping the system fair and putting everyone in the same boat.

Yes I bet someone cares. But this should not be the reason whether it is allowed. Putting everyone in the same boat is not the final goal or basic rule, the only reason should be how you define cheat. 

In my opinion, I made the same effort or even more effort(cause a hacked lobby is needed) to earn this trophy without hack or a CFW, I played in the game like everyone who earn this trophy does even without noticing it is a hacked lobby, how can this be difined cheat.

Back to the same boat thing, actually all is in the same boat, people have same possibility to enter a hacked lobby. I have never seen a hacker though I have played many times in public lobbies. In the game Diablo3 people have to kill unique monsters to unlock a trophy, if he can't find the unique monster, should we flag the others? Ok This is just a joke, but you can understand what I mean.

1 hour ago, ShyLent said:

Let me put it this way, if 

Topic gtav: run like wind trophy is unobtainable since April 2017 and people still getting this trophy by means of cheats method either by hack or save file etc. Why should we let them run amok and thinking it's ok? What about those people who earned legitimately b4 it was unobtainable of course it's very unfair.

For example,

Sales lady selling hot wheels toy and it's down to 3 toys remaining. 3 people waiting in line for 4 hours.

Customer A. Came first and it's about to buy it.

Customer B. Came second and wanted to buy it.

Customer 3 is about to pay the last toy. And 4th customer was eager to get his hands on last toy. The fourth guy customer however doesn't wanna admit defeat and bribes the price and pay double just to get it. Even though the 3rd guy was already there waiting for 4 hours in line. Do u think its fair for the 4th guy to buy off the toy even though its way too late?

The fourth guy can lose his patients and simply steal that item from the 3rd guy. But that's wrong of course he will get caught stealing and be punished for.

Same concept that we dealing now. Do u think its OK for them for getting trophies even though it's not Legitimate way of earning it? "Unobtainable" means cannot achieve anymore unless u cheat..

How do you know it's unobtainable, Rockstar told you?

How do you define unobtainable? My 4 yeas old neighbor bought a new ps3 and gta5, spent whole night and make his best offort to stay alive, now I tell him"you are cheating" , he will laugh at me, bro.

2 hours ago, B1rvine said:

In some games, including gta5 and UC4 and a lot of games, people use bugs and rockstar or naughtdogs don't want players to use, they fix the bug later. Do you think this is cheat? I think it's more cheat than this, why not flag those people, those who missed the bugs are not in the same boat.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, bezdomnekoty said:

If this is really a community than the best way out is to make a poll. The question would look like "Should this trophy or that trophy be whitelisted YES/NO" Let the poll be in a visible place on the forum for a month and let us all decide. If one person decides for 10.000 or more than this is not a community.

The result can be very clear, all the people who earned it will say no, and all people who don'tearn it will say yes. And the number who earn it may be 100times than who don't earn it. 

The result is just no. No need to do that poll.

2 hours ago, HailHale81 said:

snip*

29 minutes ago, PianoBunny said:

snip*

I'm going to try harder and not respond again after this.  We can agree to disagree.  

I did say a "whitelist" should be incorporated in my very first response to this thread.  Note this isn't the same thing as "letting this method of obtaining this trophy be legit."  In the same way, "cheating" does not mean the same thing as "not legitimately earned."

To both of you, none of those methods you're describing etc require someone using a hacked CFW Playstation.

Edited by B1rvine
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, B1rvine said:

I'm going to try harder and not respond again after this.  We can agree to disagree.  

I did say a "whitelist" should be incorporated in my very first response to this thread.  Note this isn't the same thing as "letting this method of obtaining this trophy be legit."  In the same way, "cheating" does not mean the same thing as "not legitimately earned."

Yes, what you said make sense. All people are saying cheat instead of legitimate

Moreover, how is legitimately defined? Using bugs which the game company want to fix and benifit from it is also legitimate?

If gta5 has an official bug and R star don't want people to use it, anyone use it can pop all the trophy in 10seconds, is this legitimate?

No one benifit when earning "Run like the wind"

19 hours ago, MMDE said:

As I said in the thread before, people have made about 1300 reports for GTA5 already. I will go through all of it at some point and make sure the appropriate reports are approved/declined.

As I said before, anyone who has earned the trophy who started playing the game after the trophy became unobtainable risk getting flagged.

Why 3 unobtainable trophies? 1 unobtainable trophy is 1 more than what is possible without cheating.

Can you please explain how did you get trophy in Red Dead Redemption How the West Was Won (Reach the top rank for multiplayer experience)? Did you get it legit or used a glitch created by hackers?  

In Borderlands You got trophies for reaching levels 50, 51 and 61 during 15 seconds. It is weird. And had you weapons and shields created by hackers?

Edited by IoIly
  • Like 1