Questions about flag

PianoBunny

I am playing gta5 ps3 recently, and I know "Run like the wind" is no long obtainable.

Here comes the question: If I get all the tropies except this one first, then I try to find a modder who can bounty on my head to help me to get this trophy.It's fair.

Will this be flagged?

Add:Joining hacked multiplayer lobbies that auto-unlock trophies

The rules said this, it seems trophy"run like the wind" doesn't fit this, cause this trophy doesn't auto unlock when one enter a hacked lobby. 

Hope a more clear defination of cheat of this trophy, if one is flagged because earning "run like the wind" , maybe the words "Auto-unlock trophies" should  be deleted.

Edited by PianoBunny

4 minutes ago, Phil said:

Using the leaderboards excuse for this one is bullshit. Since anybody can do it, it should be allowed. It doesn't mess with the fastest times or affects anybody in any way. It's the community using their tools to fix the incompetence and laziness of the developer. Since there's a fix, it should be allowed. 

Well said "giving you a beer"

27 minutes ago, Phil said:

Using the leaderboards excuse for this one is bullshit. Since anybody can do it, it should be allowed. It doesn't mess with the fastest times or affects anybody in any way. It's the community using their tools to fix the incompetence and laziness of the developer. Since there's a fix, it should be allowed. 

well said

I think ultimately this one may end up being a whitelist situation if we're ever able to manage to get that working because it can happen to anyone without asking because of a hacker, but I'm afraid right now you could get flagged for that kind of thing because it's impossible to be done normally

• Like 3

While I kinda agree that if someone pops it for you, it's not really the end of the world for leaderboards in this context.  I mean, there are way harder trophies in this game beyond Run Like The Wind, and certainly part of me feels like the challenge can't be defeated because of a technicality, because getting all the trophies is a royal pain in the ass.

But playing some devil's advocate here:  Not everyone knows a modder.  A trophy should be legit if earned through regular gameplay that's accessible to all players of the game.  Allowing this to be whitelisted would be like a slap in the face to the people that don't know how to go that route.

And also kinda a slap to the people who earned it without having to go the modded route.

Edited by Froopy
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Although I look down on Rockstar for this dick move and I would be fine with people still getting the trophy because it requires 0 skill and almost no time(it's not getting to level 100 or getting 30 platinum awards), if an exception is made here, there will be topics like this one popping up for every unobtainable trophy.

It sucks, and if it was me I would be royally pissed because I wouldn't be able to have a 100% list but it is how it is. Still, I would annoy rockstar with e-mails everyday, even if they just pop the trophy when people go online no one will feel cheated because we all know it doesn't take much to get that particular trophy.

There'sa huge difference between servers being shut down and a situation like this. Situations like this have happened a handful of times in the 9 years trophies have existed. Saying this is a slippery slope or opening up discussion for other exceptions is a garbage argument. Apples and oranges. 

4 hours ago, HardXDXtraga said:

Although I look down on Rockstar for this dick move and I would be fine with people still getting the trophy because it requires 0 skill and almost no time(it's not getting to level 100 or getting 30 platinum awards), if an exception is made here, there will be topics like this one popping up for every unobtainable trophy.

It sucks, and if it was me I would be royally pissed because I wouldn't be able to have a 100% list but it is how it is. Still, I would annoy rockstar with e-mails everyday, even if they just pop the trophy when people go online no one will feel cheated because we all know it doesn't take much to get that particular trophy.

Yeah, I think Rockstar should add an alternative method to obtain the trophy, and as I've said beore, it's not like it can't be done or isn't allowed to etc, because I've seen it done many times.

58 minutes ago, Phil said:

There'sa huge difference between servers being shut down and a situation like this. Situations like this have happened a handful of times in the 9 years trophies have existed. Saying this is a slippery slope or opening up discussion for other exceptions is a garbage argument. Apples and oranges. 

So let's say we allow this trophy to be earned by hacking, since the servers of COD BO2(?) aren't shut down but are riddled with hackers would it not be the same situation? Realized this didn't make sense cuz the trophies in COD are still obtainable. So I guess I agree with you.

And yeah, my wording wasn't the best and I exaggerated, sorry for that.

I just don't want people who earn trophies in a way that is considered illegitemate here think it's ok to do so.

4 hours ago, BlindMango said:

I think ultimately this one may end up being a whitelist situation if we're ever able to manage to get that working because it can happen to anyone without asking because of a hacker, but I'm afraid right now you could get flagged for that kind of thing because it's impossible to be done normally

Isn't this exactly what happens to so many people in COD though?

How would we know if they intended to do it or not?

Again, I'm not against this, I just don't want people to abuse this 'whitelist' idea and start making comparisons between games that have hacked lobbies or other similar situations (which is what I'm doing ?)

Edited by HardXDXtraga
Not making sense

9 minutes ago, HardXDXtraga said:

So let's say we allow this trophy to be earned by hacking, since the servers of COD BO2(?) aren't shut down but are riddled with hackers would it not be the same situation? Realized this didn't make sense cuz the trophies in COD are still obtainable. So I guess I agree with you.

Big Leagues BO2 is no longer obtainable. Several people get flagged for it per day.

Edited by MMDE
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, Dark said:

No it isn’t good for the leaderboards and yes it will be flagged. If needing to find a modder is the only way to get the trophy then you’ve answered your own question.

Yes,you are right.Point is who obtain this trophy didn't benifit from the mod lobby, one need to hide and live for 48 minutes to obtain this trophy, it's not like 100level in a few seconds.

7 hours ago, Lorajet said:

I agree with BlindMango.  Might be a candidate for the whitelist.  

@PianoBunny In the meantime, don't do the mod route and play something else until a decision is made.

Thanks,I won't try to get this trophy now, but if the server is going to be closed and Rockstar didn't fix this, I may try to find a modder to bounty on my head. In that condition, I choose to get flagged instead of 99%. This is not the player'fault. 

@PianoBunny to answer your question, yes.  I'd rather not Deal with disputes like this or similar games like BO2.  I've expressed my opinion on this.  The rule will be embraced, though.  It sucks that folks can get a flag.  At the same time, there was plenty of time to get that trophy when it was obtainable.

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

@PianoBunny to answer your question, yes.  I'd rather not Deal with disputes like this or similar games like BO2.  I've expressed my opinion on this.  The rule will be embraced, though.  It sucks that folks can get a flag.  At the same time, there was plenty of time to get that trophy when it was obtainable.

1.I began to play this game last month, so where's the plenty of time for me to get?

2. It's definitely different, I don't know whether you understand what we are talking about.This trophy is not obtained easier than before, people still have to make same effort to gain this trophy. BO2 I don't play this game ,but as I know, one can get the trophy without effort with help of a modder. that's the difference. 

3.I don't have this trophy and I am not flagged, so there's no dispute here.

10 hours ago, Sergen said:

Someone could be oblivious to the fact that the bounty feature doesn't work the way it was intended to, then when a modder puts a bounty on them randomly they decide to try to survive it and that gets them "Run Like The Wind". The trophy can still be done the way that it was intended to be earned, the only difference is that instead of the bounty being put on people by a normal player, a modder has to use a mod menu to apply bounties to people. I have two GTA V platinums but I wouldn't be offended by seeing people get Run Like The Wind today. I reported some people for the game, but that was because on top of having Run Like The Wind late, they also got the Rank 50 and 100 trophies within seconds of each other. I kind of feel bad for someone like @Aexuz who has done every other online trophy for the game but is unable to get Run Like The Wind. I think if you got every other online trophy legitimately, you should be able to get Run Like The Wind. The trophy is GTA V's equivalent to Big Leagues on Black Ops II. I don't think GTA V really suits being unobtainable, it's a very popular game. 

Level 25, 50 and 100 can totally be popped within seconds if you transfered your save from PS3 to PS4 :)

1 hour ago, TheLakota said:

That's an extremely obtuse outlook on this particular situation. 

I'm not wrong, am I?  

1 hour ago, PianoBunny said:

1.I began to play this game last month, so where's the plenty of time for me to get?

2. It's definitely different, I don't know whether you understand what we are talking about.This trophy is not obtained easier than before, people still have to make same effort to gain this trophy. BO2 I don't play this game ,but as I know, one can get the trophy without effort with help of a modder. that's the difference. 

1.)You began playing recently on a four year old game.  That doesn't take away the fact there was a lot of time for a person to get a now unobtainable trophy.

2.). How can you get a now unobtainable trophy?  How can you get this trophy now, despite the fact you just started?  From what I got, you could have had a bounty placed on you before it became unobtainable, and still get the trophy, but not afterwards.

3.) I know you're not flagged.  I'm saying you likely would if you got said unobtainable trophy, and I'd rather not deal with a potential dispute on this game.  That's all.  

Edited by grimydawg
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, grimydawg said:

1 hour ago, grimydawg said:

I'm not wrong, am I?  

1.)You began playing recently on a four year old game.  That doesn't take away the fact there was a lot of time for a person to get a now unobtainable trophy.

2.). How can you get a now unobtainable trophy?  How can you get this trophy now, despite the fact you just started?  From what I got, you could have had a bounty placed on you before it became unobtainable, and still get the trophy, but not afterwards.

3.) I know you're not flagged.  I'm saying you likely would if you got said unobtainable trophy, and I'd rather not deal with a potential dispute on this game.  That's all.  

You are right.Now please leave the topic alone, your comments are useless. By the way I will buy plenty of 10 years games to play