Confused about creation of different countries accounts

tjoe1bkhjtqxm

Hello guys (I apologize for my English skills but I am italian), this is my first post on this forum because I've never had so much time to read it and post, besides my trophy hunting passion has increased a lot after such a wonderful 2017 so rich of videogames and even easy platinums! So in this year I'm gonna do my best to increase the number of my trophies and having a lot of fun. 

It's really a pleasure to be here with you, sharing our thoughts and helping each other. 

In the meantime, I'd like to ask you a thing about the creation of foreign blank accounts, because I am very confused about it:

Two different employees at the Italian PlayStation Customer Service told me that my personal, primary Italian account will be banned if I create different regional accounts (NA, JAP, HK and others) in order to buy the games only available in those countries. I haven't been able even to explain them why I wanted to do this (trophies and exclusive games obviously) because they immediately told me that creating secondaries foreign accounts it's illegal, no excuses, no exceptions, it was like they were risking to be fired if they were keep talking about this with a customer LOL

Instead, three other employees told me that creating blank accounts of different countries, buying the games, completing them and then transferring the trophies earned in my Italian account it doesn't disobey the Terms of Service of italian PlayStation Network. 

Even if I know that a lot of people create secondaries accounts, I am now a bit afraid of doing it because I care about my primary account and I don't understand why those two employees were so pissed off about this topic. 

Are the Italian (and other countries) PlayStation Network rules that do not allow this thing or those two people were just uninformed? 

Thank you SO MUCH for your help! 

• Like 1

My guess is, technically, you could have your account banned if they had a way to link the alt account to your own account.

But with that being said, how could they make that link? I mean, you don't use your own address for a foreign account (how could you?), and you don't need to use your own email for it, either. The only thing that would happen would be that your machine would have multiple accounts on it...like thousands of other machines in existence. 

In short, I wouldn't worry so much. It seems like a lot of hassle to keep potential customers from buying more stuff.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Hello guys (I apologize for my English skills but I am italian), this is my first post on this forum because I've never had so much time to read it and post, besides my trophy hunting passion has increased a lot after such a wonderful 2017 so rich of videogames and even easy platinums! So in this year I'm gonna do my best to increase the number of my trophies and having a lot of fun. 

It's really a pleasure to be here with you, sharing our thoughts and helping each other. 

In the meantime, I'd like to ask you a thing about the creation of foreign blank accounts, because I am very confused about it:

Two different employees at the Italian PlayStation Customer Service told me that my personal, primary Italian account will be banned if I create different regional accounts (NA, JAP, HK and others) in order to buy the games only available in those countries. I haven't been able even to explain them why I wanted to do this (trophies and exclusive games obviously) because they immediately told me that creating secondaries foreign accounts it's illegal, no excuses, no exceptions, it was like they were risking to be fired if they were keep talking about this with a customer LOL

Instead, three other employees told me that creating blank accounts of different countries, buying the games, completing them and then transferring the trophies earned in my Italian account it doesn't disobey the Terms of Service of italian PlayStation Network. 

Even if I know that a lot of people create secondaries accounts, I am now a bit afraid of doing it because I care about my primary account and I don't understand why those two employees were so pissed off about this topic. 

Are the Italian (and other countries) PlayStation Network rules that do not allow this thing or those two people were just uninformed? 

Thank you SO MUCH for your help! 

You won't get banned. I have access to an EU (main account), CA/NA, JP, HK, KR and an SP account. I'm not banned. 

However, have fun - just don't go hacking anymore games ;)

32 minutes ago, tjoe1bkhjtqxm said:

Thank you, I know that a lot of people do it even those not in the top 100 people of the leaderboard. I'm just a bit paranoid 

Just to ease you a little more, even my main account is not from my country and I didn't had a problem with it in 6 years.

• Like 1

Italian customer service is made of idiots, had problems with them in the past. Same for the forum mods, everything for them is "DUH, ILLEGAL! DUH, BANNED!" Some even said changing the HDD of a PS3 will void the warranty. Gimme a break... it's even written in the manuals!

Just remember the birthday dates and other sensible info you use on the blank accounts (maybe use secret questions) and you'll be fine...

Just now, Lance_87 said:

Italian customer service is made of idiots, had problems with them in the past. Same for the forum mods, everything for them is "DUH, ILLEGAL! DUH, BANNED!" Some even said changing the HDD of a PS3 will void the warranty. Gimme a break... it's even written in the manuals!

Just remember the birthday dates and other sensible info you use on the blank accounts (maybe use secret questions) and you'll be fine...

It does void the warranty though....

They're probably so "paranoid" cause it has something to do with taxes and international law.

Like when they excluded taxes from the game prices in some us states and you werent allowed to create another account to avoid that if you live in one of those states.

A couple years ago, it was written on the ToS the countries that were valid the usage of, for example, an NA account. Before introducing latin america to PSN, you could have used an NA account in the designated countries, but now it's not necessary (since every latam country has their own store). But the ToS just deleted that part, they don't say anything about banning your account for using an NA outside the country (because, I mean, if you travel to another country, you couldn't use your games, and that would be stupid). The only way to get your account banned is break the code of conduct or violate one of the license restriction and conditions.

You can find more info here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/legal/terms-of-service/

You should read you local ToS too, I don't know about the EU ToS.

Edited by Katt

1 minute ago, thekiffer21 said:

They're probably so "paranoid" cause it has something to do with taxes and international law.

Like when they excluded taxes from the game prices in some us states and you werent allowed to create another account to avoid that if you live in one of those states.

Thank you all guys, all your answers give me a very colorful green light to do it ?

Damn, with me and with all the users that do this, they'll earn an incredible amount of money ?? plus, a Gamestop very near my house has a lot of brand-new PS Vita in their store, so are all money that Sony earns so easily. 

4 minutes ago, Katt said:

A couple years ago, it was written on the ToS the countries that were valid the usage of, for example, an NA account. Before introducing latin america to PSN, you could have used an NA account in the designated countries, but now it's not necessary (since every latam country has their own store). But the ToS just deleted that part, they don't say anything about banning your account for using an NA outside the country (because, I mean, if you travel to another country, you couldn't use your games, and that would be stupid). The only way to get your account banned is break the code of conduct or violate one of the license restriction and conditions.

You can find more info here: https://www.playstation.com/en-us/network/legal/terms-of-service/

You should read you local ToS too, I don't know about the EU ToS.

https://www.playstation.com/en-gb/legal/

A little off-topic about the answer (you already have).

The only problem here in that Sony allows different region trophies. Why don’t they share the same list with different regions?

Plus, adding to what I said above, games like Ducktales Remastered that demands you to complete the game in extreme difficulty and no Platinum reward (not even Gold), and games like Fragments of 36 Craps, My Name is Mayo and other crap Microsoft Paint Games, with no difficulty at all (not even touch the gamepad 10000 under x minutes) have a full trophy list AND different regions lists?

Im not even complaining about telltale games, you need to play the game, you need to spend 8-10h to get a platinum trophy. These you don’t (and you need no skill what so ever).

I know that it’s about money, but if these garbage have separated lists and a Platinum and make more money then other Good indie studios, we are doomed about future releases of this kind.

4 hours ago, bezdomnekoty said:

REPORTED! ;D

???

3 hours ago, TurtlePM said:

A little off-topic about the answer (you already have).

The only problem here in that Sony allows different region trophies. Why don’t they share the same list with different regions?

Plus, adding to what I said above, games like Ducktales Remastered that demands you to complete the game in extreme difficulty and no Platinum reward (not even Gold), and games like Fragments of 36 Craps, My Name is Mayo and other crap Microsoft Paint Games, with no difficulty at all (not even touch the gamepad 10000 under x minutes) have a full trophy list AND different regions lists?

Im not even complaining about telltale games, you need to play the game, you need to spend 8-10h to get a platinum trophy. These you don’t (and you need no skill what so ever).

I know that it’s about money, but if these garbage have separated lists and a Platinum and make more money then other Good indie studios, we are doomed about future releases of this kind.

Sometimes, the games have different contest based on the region (like Wolfenstein or South Park that absolutely CANNOT had a Swastika on the game in Germany, so they needed to change it), but about what get a platinum and what don't, I really can't tell why. It's more of a smart marketing team that knows that a platinum will sell a game, while some indie developers don't want do meet the requirements for a plat and potentially suffers from it. 

Edited by ElBolovo

18 hours ago, ElBolovo said:

1f62d.png1f62d.png1f62d.png

Sometimes, the games have different contest based on the region (like Wolfenstein or South Park that absolutely CANNOT had a Swastika on the game in Germany, so they needed to change it), but about what get a platinum and what don't, I really can't tell why. It's more of a smart marketing team that knows that a platinum will sell a game, while some indie developers don't want do meet the requirements for a plat and potentially suffers from it. 

I wasn’t talking about those you mentioned because they have a reason to have a different trophy list. It’s censured or some schenes are particularly removed... but those games that don’t have such cut, why another trophy list? They’re extremely easy to platinum and you can do it twice within an hour. Wolfenstein and South Park take hours to platinum...

• 5 months later...
5 hours ago, Toxia said:

Yeah you are giving false info about your fake account not your real main account so the fake one could be banned, your main one mite be banned for game sharing?

Unless you are doing game sharing in masses, you aren't going to get banned. Sony put the capability in every system for game sharing- they wouldn't do that if they weren't going to allow it. Now, if you share your account with 20 people, then they might have an issue.

To be honest, we are all probably in violation of every terms and conditions we ever signed. The only question is whether or not the company is going to enforce it, which is usually no unless you anger them.

• Like 2