Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

19 minutes ago, XAGMNINETY said:

Yes. You top the leader boards. 

I'm not aware that i am top because leaderboards are buggy.

Besides; i'm sure some people will surpass me considering i have taken a break for almost 2 hours

Edited by Infernal616
Update

It's it just me or is the leaderbord totaly broken now it has goon from page 121 to 101 on this week and XX to 26 for today. Top 10 on the week is under 15k now. And my point won't take show on the bord only in the bottom with NA.    WTF

anyone have the same issue?

Just now, MC_MAY_DIE said:

It's it just me or is the leaderbord totaly broken now it has goon from page 121 to 101 on this week and XX to 26 for today. Top 10 on the week is under 15k now. And my point won't take show on the bord only in the bottom with NA.    WTF

anyone have the same issue?

Last night, the cutoff was 12.

That player had 47,000 points.  On Wednesday.

The cutoff will easily be 100K this week.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, XAGMNINETY said:

Last night, the cutoff was 12.

That player had 47,000 points.  On Wednesday.

The cutoff will easily be 100K this week.

so will all the players that was lost on the leaderbord today come back? or is their points included my points lost or?

13 hours ago, MC_MAY_DIE said:

so will all the players that was lost on the leaderbord today come back? or is their points included my points lost or?

It seems to update as you play.  Last i checked it said 10k for 20th but i know that earler it had someoneone at 50k points at 20th position. Dont trust the boards.

By the way i received a warning from a psnp mod for pm'ing someone stating they "wont earn valor grand cross" via the 12k method. Has anyone else experienced any bs warnings on psnp? 

Edited by Infernal616
Update

16 minutes ago, Infernal616 said:

By the way i received a warnining from a psnp mod for pm'ing someone stating they "wont earn valor grand cross" via the 12k method. Has anyone else experienced any bs warnings on psnp? 

I'm not sure, but maybe you should ask yourself why you received it as opposed to complaining in a public forum?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

I'm not sure, but maybe you should ask yourself why you received it as opposed to complaining in a public forum?

I'm not complaining,  i'm asking if anyone has experienced the same on this site,... in a public forum.

And yes i asked myself why, with no understanding, responded to the mod and recieved  no reply. How nice of you to imply.

Edited by Infernal616
Update

Yeah, the leaderboards seem to be bugged atm, hopefully they will get back, but even if they won't, we would be getting the trophies anyways. ?

@Infernal616 Thanks for the shout out. A mod would not have warned you all of a sudden, the person you were talking to must have manually reported your PM. I have an idea who it was - and that person is currently on my ignore list. :P I actually feel sorry for the people who are not likely to get the trophy - but insulting the ones actually putting in effort is not really a way to go. ?

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Platagonist said:

Yeah, the leaderboards seem to be bugged atm, hopefully they will get back, but even if they won't, we would be getting the trophies anyways. ?

@Infernal616 Thanks for the shout out. A mod would not have warned you all of a sudden, the person you were talking to must have manually reported your PM. I have an idea who it was - and that person is currently on my ignore list. :P I actually feel sorry for the people who are not likely to get the trophy - but insulting the ones actually putting in effort is not really a way to go. ?

Yeah it's funny how they call the people who putting shit tonnes of effort "crazy" and bitching about the "crazy" people every time the leaderboard reset. Been seeing them bitching about it for 2 months now, most people would've got the message that they need to join the "crazy" bandwagon in order to get the trophy but nah... All they do is bitching and naively planning to score an extremely low score together. When people who've gotten the trophy give them advices, they insult those guys. SMH. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Platagonist said:

That was my point really, not to be negative just realistic. I just found it silly to receive a warning after trying to give advice to that individual, Im sure they were spamming others on psn too..

Anyway after the warning i just changed the message from 'you wont get vgc' to 'you probably wont get vgc using that method.' Been helping a few others in messages also on how to go about it and answering questions etc. 

Not sure about you but having the weekly board somewhat visible is actually more motivating to try and keep your spot. As opposed to just going blind and getting stressed over it.

I had too much to drink last night so im extending my break today, might do more tonight but i'll definitely do more over the weekend.

How are the boards looking? I havent bothered to check today.

• Like 1

@Infernal616 Yeah, there is no point helping people if they don't actually want help. I even made quite a big post where I tried to explain why going just for 12k is not worth it, but most of the people I linked it to did not even bother checking it out. <_<

I actually wanted to give up on Monday, because I was like 40k points behind, but then my Turbo Controllers arrived (a week earlier than I was expecting them) and so I decided to give it a try. ? I really enjoyed checking out the leaderboards and watching people progress each day - because of my observations, I've managed to come up with a schedule for myself and even made it to first place. ? I think I've already reached a score good enough to get the trophy, but I'd rather over-do this to some extent than stop and possibly fail. ^_^

I also took quite a long break yesterday at 15:00 GMT +1 and when I checked out the leaderboards today in the morning, I was still there, but once I started making progress, I fell out. That's why I think that the crash must have happened during night (or, anytime after I stopped yesterday) and that it's showing up only the people who have not played after it. :hmm:

So, I doubt the leaderboards will get back and so from now on this will be just a mindless grind - I can only guess how many points I'll need. -_- 

23 minutes ago, Platagonist said:

@Infernal616 Yeah, there is no point helping people if they don't actually want help. I even made quite a big post where I tried to explain why going just for 12k is not worth it, but most of the people I linked it to did not even bother checking it out. <_<

I actually wanted to give up on Monday, because I was like 40k points behind, but then my Turbo Controllers arrived (a week earlier than I was expecting them) and so I decided to give it a try. 1f47a.png I really enjoyed checking out the leaderboards and watching people progress each day - because of my observations, I've managed to come up with a schedule for myself and even made it to first place. 1f913.png I think I've already reached a score good enough to get the trophy, but I'd rather over-do this to some extent than stop and possibly fail. ^_^

I also took quite a long break yesterday at 15:00 GMT +1 and when I checked out the leaderboards today in the morning, I was still there, but once I started making progress, I fell out. That's why I think that the crash must have happened during night (or, anytime after I stopped yesterday) and that it's showing up only the people who have not played after it. :hmm:

So, I doubt the leaderboards will get back and so from now on this will be just a mindless grind - I can only guess how many points I'll need. -_- 

The leaderboard shouldn't be trusted 100% since it's only partially updated, especially people who ranked #18-20. If you see that your name ranked around that, you're not out of the woods yet because there are might be 2-4 names with higher score that's not updated on the leaderboard and when the LB reset, then boom you got kicked out of the 1%, like what happened to GastNDorf. 

You are underestimating my OCD, I am well aware of that. ? The people who are not in the weekly leaderboards are normally in Todays rankings, so if you remember their total score from the day before (which I do considering how often I am checking this stuff), you can easily adjust their scores and make your own leaderboard. ? 

Statistics are a useful tool, unless you are as crazy as me and find yourself checking them out more than actually grinding. ?

Edited by Platagonist
Typos.

1 minute ago, MC_MAY_DIE said:

Can anyone confirme that you will get the Valor Grand Cross trophy when the week ends if your rank is NA and won't fit back to the leaderbord???

@MC_MAY_DIE For all intense and purposes the weekly and daily leader boards have been non functional for a long time. Even this week when they seemed to be working they were likely largely innacurate. However, if you have enough points and are above the cut off you will earn the trophy sunday evening when you log back in. We wont know the point cut off until the server resets. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Infernal616 said:

How nice of you to imply.

You're welcome. 

If they want to try though, let them even if you think it's pointless. I'm participating as well if only to get the second to last trophy. Too many people with no jobs hunting this trophy, so that automatically leaves me out. 

40 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

You're welcome. 

If they want to try though, let them even if you think it's pointless. I'm participating as well if only to get the second to last trophy. Too many people with no jobs hunting this trophy, so that automatically leaves me out. 

125k should be enough for top 12 this week

I self-funded 2 weeks from work to get this one done.

1 hour ago, Afro_Gear said:

@MC_MAY_DIE For all intense and purposes the weekly and daily leader boards have been non functional for a long time. Even this week when they seemed to be working they were likely largely innacurate. However, if you have enough points and are above the cut off you will earn the trophy sunday evening when you log back in. We wont know the point cut off until the server resets. 

thx for the reply :D

1 hour ago, TheLakota said:

You're welcome. 

Since 2009 you have had plenty of time to do the online, I regret that you do not get it but you have waited too long.

27 minutes ago, Kal2210 said:

Now that leaderboards went out I have no clue of what score to target. Last week was 104k, week before that was 20k, week before that was 95k lol. Literally just don't know where the line will be this week.

Well since there is so much uncertainty, I would give it your all. Don't assume you have enough. Keep playing until server reset just to be safe. Over the last month I've seen people miss VGC by literally one match worth of XP. Don't be that person; would be hard to forgive yourself. 

• Like 1

That's it guys! You can see from the amount of my today posts, that I've been hit by the procrastination curse! :angel:

Luckily I managed to rack up quite a lot of points before I burnt myself out, which is pretty good - if I had like 50k now, no way would I manage to recover. ? @Kal2210 I am sure you will be fine - you've been doing pretty well! I, for one, can already say 'goodbye' to top 5. ? I'll just slow down from now on and hopefully manage to push myself on the last day. I wish everyone to stay stronger than me and keep going! :)

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TheLakota said:

You're welcome. 

That's understandable. As you said and many others here; it is too difficult to compete for the trophy if you don't have the time. I dont think it's pointless to participate in the  12k session especially now we are in the final month, certain people will not be able to trade boosting in larger groups in time, so i dont blame them for wanting to try a different approach. I said to one person they wont get vgc after getting spammed by them, it's not in my interest to discourage people from going for this.

• Like 1

Typical boosting day of Platagonist:

> turns on 6 consoles + PSNow on PC

> sets up the server, connects all alts to it, makes squads, adjusts turbo controllers

> console #1 freezes

> 5 minutes later (after resetting the PS3, launching game, re-connecting to the server, inviting it's alt to a squad) - console #2 freezes

> rinse and repeat

> 'You've been inactive and your game was turned off' (PSNow on PC)

> reconnects PSNow on PC, invites it's alt to a squad again

> 'You've lost connection to the server' (PS4)

> reconnects PS4, invites it's alt to a squad

> Let the boosting commence!

> 4 more freezes and 2 more disconnects later: 'I scored 32k today, let's check stats!'

> 14k saved

> ???

07302860.jpg

• Like 1