Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

3 hours ago, breakXedge said:

Woah... And right now there're like 1100 players, so top 11 only will get the trophy...

I know I wont get it, but I'll keep playing this week only.

Pensaba que ya tenías estos trfeos colega, has esperado a la última semana ^o^ eres demasiado español, animo!!

5 hours ago, Balnazzardi said:

Well right now its showing you would be on 10th place with 50k, so seems like you are doing fine :)..

If we are to believe that the current weekly stats we can see are somewhat accurate, then top 10 is quite tight, everyone there has now over 50k (with top 1 guy having 75k)  and are likely to get to 100k or atleast close to it.

Yes I ended up finding some reinforcements.

From my point of view they are accurate, everytime I checked the leaderboard reflected my real progress, and I saw the names moving back and forth so I'm pretty sure it's the same for the others.

Edited by GastNDorf

6 hours ago, Arin1979 said:

Pensaba que ya tenías estos trfeos colega, has esperado a la última semana ^o^ eres demasiado español, animo!!

Bah tio, era de esos juegos al 1% desde siempre porque me los dejaron (cuando no cazaba trofeos) y ahí estaba, no tenía intención de jugarlo. Si no me salta esta semana el trofeo (que no creo que lo haga), conseguiré el resto que pueda y ya está. Un abrazo tio :)

• Like 1

On 20/02/2018 at 8:54 AM, SniperEliteDido said:

i'm talking about people who earned it in the past 2 months and still are.

and yeah back in the day it probably did. 

i don't really have a problem with people doing KZ2 because it was in their backlog. i'm having a problem with people who knew the risks to start the game and actually did then eventually gave up and then started to complain and feel down.

I started after the announcement, knew it was going to be extremely competitive, got the trophy and I regret nothing.

What risks? I would really prefer to have a 94% Killzone 2 in my list than not having it at all, I always do every possible online trophy even if there is a risk of not completing it. There's nothing wrong with unachievable trophies in aprofile, my goal is to try my best to avoid unobtainable trophies but if it happens, what's the real matter?

17 hours ago, Balnazzardi said:

Well right now its showing you would be on 10th place with 50k, so seems like you are doing fine :)..

If we are to believe that the current weekly stats we can see are somewhat accurate, then top 10 is quite tight, everyone there has now over 50k (with top 1 guy having 75k)  and are likely to get to 100k or atleast close to it.

Then between 11th and 20th place the scores are between 47k - 29k. So like with less than 50k you are unlikely to get to top 1% this week

At the moment I write, xEl_Cidx is at the cutoff 14th place with 49693 points.

However, many of my friends and alts aren't ranked at the moment, so I assume the partial cutoff is even higher 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

I started after the announcement, knew it was going to be extremely competitive, got the trophy and I regret nothing.

What risks? I would really prefer to have a 94% Killzone 2 in my list than not having it at all, I always do every possible online trophy even if there is a risk of not completing it. There's nothing wrong with unachievable trophies in aprofile, my goal is to try my best to avoid unobtainable trophies but if it happens, what's the real matter?

i mean..., the big matter is completion. and alot of people like me care alot about completion.

it's your opinion but some people like me hide games since they're unachievable.

4 hours ago, EdinhoN said:

I would really prefer to have a 94% Killzone 2 in my list than not having it at all, I always do every possible online trophy even if there is a risk of not completing it. There's nothing wrong with unachievable trophies in aprofile, my goal is to try my best to avoid unobtainable trophies but if it happens, what's the real matter?

Yeah, i agree. I dont had console before 2016, so many games, which i want get platinum or 100% i already can't get. So, it sad, but this is not my fault or low skill, just servers shutdown or some sort of that.

What really piss me off  it's a work of this servers. How they dont fix this? I understand, they close servers soon, but still they work now, why i can't play properly? And, offtop, Killzone 3 servers worse ever, even can't connect.

10 hours ago, simpgraus said:

if the leaderboard is working next week those who don't get it this week should work together. Yes i know not all people listen but if the main core do and we can see who is trying set a score and just stick to it.

we could all save our-self 100's of hours boosting. pick a score say 15k and not go over it and if someone goes a few points over we all just match

1 - I suggest you start another thread with this proposition as the main topic mate.

2 - Then spam all the Killzone 2 gaming sessions looking for players since they are obviously in need of the trophy and of resources to get it.

3 - Even send pm to those players to get the word out far and wide.

Best of luck

• Like 2

18 hours ago, simpgraus said:

if the leaderboard is working next week those who don't get it this week should work together. Yes i know not all people listen but if the main core do and we can see who is trying set a score and just stick to it.

we could all save our-self 100's of hours boosting. pick a score say 15k and not go over it and if someone goes a few points over we all just match

This won’t work. Too many people who aren’t on this site are going for it. And too many people who just don’t care and will say to you they’ll do it and continue anyway regardless 

• Like 2

Really hoping I can clinch it next week. That's basically the only week before shutdown where I have some amount of time, and even then I can't start in earnest until wednesday when I wake up at four pm. Nice thing is, I have no work or obligations between then and Sun, so hoping I can clinch it. Much as I'd love to team up, looking at the scoreboard now Idk that there is any way to do it other than solo. Almost everyone on the first page in the 80s-90s. Gonna be a rough week.

1 minute ago, Knucklehead211 said:

Really hoping I can clinch it next week. That's basically the only week before shutdown where I have some amount of time, and even then I can't start in earnest until wednesday when I wake up at four pm. Nice thing is, I have no work or obligations between then and Sun, so hoping I can clinch it. Much as I'd love to team up, looking at the scoreboard now Idk that there is any way to do it other than solo. Almost everyone on the first page in the 80s-90s. Gonna be a rough week.

just been speaking to a few off the top people and there done is there last week..

so never know...

20 minutes ago, simpgraus said:

just been speaking to a few off the top people and there done is there last week..

so never know...

I'll be crossing my fingers and toes. I've got a substantial amount of time to no-life, but if the top guys next week go hard from day one and add more than one bot, I'm probably toast. Hoping for the best for all of us!

12 minutes ago, Knucklehead211 said:

I'll be crossing my fingers and toes. I've got a substantial amount of time to no-life, but if the top guys next week go hard from day one and add more than one bot, I'm probably toast. Hoping for the best for all of us!

dont go to nuts..

• Like 1

Our group holds 1st and 2nd place as we speak and will be done this week. @simpgraus  is correct a number of hardcore earner groups will be finishing and like him i believe with the rankings working this is the best chance at an "lets all stop at 30k" strategy to work. 

@turpinator1986 saying it won't work and not even trying .... Where is your hope? your resilience? winning spirit?

All you need is a place between 15-20+ to reach the cut off and be capped at the number given by the group, then everyone below hits that number and bam!!! They all get the trophy .... As people start coming on board the trust will build ... have faith in humanity

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, JohzyDeMartin said:

All you need is a place between 15-20+ to reach the cut off and be capped at the number given by the group, then everyone below hits that number and bam!!! They all get the trophy .... As people start coming on board the trust will build ... have faith in humanity

I totally agree. I remember a few people recently all had 99999 and they all won the same place in the leaderboards. Get a group together and give it a try. You have a few weeks so experiment. 

2 hours ago, Yinyangfooey said:

Hey, I'm interested in doing this Boost group. Can you give me an estimate on how long it'll take to get 12k points? 

I just picked this game game up and I only have 1 PS3.

if you need help get to 12k i will help you with that.

12 hours ago, JohzyDeMartin said:

Our group holds 1st and 2nd place as we speak and will be done this week. @simpgraus  is correct a number of hardcore earner groups will be finishing and like him i believe with the rankings working this is the best chance at an "lets all stop at 30k" strategy to work. 

@turpinator1986 saying it won't work and not even trying .... Where is your hope? your resilience? winning spirit?

It HAS been tried, if you read the other posts in this forum you’d see those attempts. I was part of a group that tried to organise that only a set people would go each week and even that didn’t work. So trying to get them to keep to a score won’t work either. 

• Like 2

Indeed the problem here is like said so many times already that you simply cant get everyone to play with the same rules, I too tried to organize ppl under the same banner and it all failed miserably + having other groups not working together with "spying" on our scores and what we tried to achieve so they could surely get ahead of us.

So just saying that unfortunately the only "certain" way to achieve this trophy is still to boost as much as you can with as big group of ppl to help you out as possible. You can try ofc to try to organize something, but just saing there is big risk involved in if you try to settle for too low score and then all of you end up being just outside the top 1%.

Either way I wish you good luck no matter what you decide to do.

33 minutes ago, Balnazzardi said:

Indeed the problem here is like said so many times already that you simply cant get everyone to play with the same rules, I too tried to organize ppl under the same banner and it all failed miserably + having other groups not working together with "spying" on our scores and what we tried to achieve so they could surely get ahead of us.

So just saying that unfortunately the only "certain" way to achieve this trophy is still to boost as much as you can with as big group of ppl to help you out as possible. You can try ofc to try to organize something, but just saing there is big risk involved in if you try to settle for too low score and then all of you end up being just outside the top 1%.

Either way I wish you good luck no matter what you decide to do.

If you all go for a rather high number, let's say 50k or whatever is considered high, then you can probably pull it off. Should also be noted clearly to anyone else wanting the trophy that they might be better off waiting until that week is gone, because then a lot of competition will be gone! :) They likely won't need anywhere near 50k then.

Edited by MMDE

@derdimi & @DARKB1KE As always thanks a lot for your huge help guys, it's really appreciated! I gave you both some reputation again. :) @GastNDorf Thanks to you as well, I really hope that you will get the trophy! ;) I wish I had my turbos this week, otherwise I would have helped you out. ? If you won't make it (but I really hope that it won't happen - you seem to be doing fine enough already), I'd try my best to integrate you into my group. ?

That's right, I managed to get a group going and so my no-life week will start tomorrow. ?  We have quite a few alts at our disposal, so wish me luck! ? My activity in this forum will be almost non-existent. ?

@simpgraus, @JohzyDeMartin, @Knucklehead211, @Afro_Gear, @hasooni0, @Saeba-san, @Yinyangfooey I hate being a spoilsport, but I think that your strategy won't work. :unsure: When there were people scoring exactly the same points, they all got the trophy because they still were in the 1% range (or 1,05% max which the game also seems to accept for the trophy). So, I believe that, if there are, lets say, 2000 players, and 19 of them score for example between 200k - 13k points and then there are 20 more guys who all score exactly 12999 points, only one of these 20 guys gets the trophy (completely random guy), because the other 19 guys would not be in the 1% range (1% of 2000 players = 20 guys, so only 20 guys in total get the trophy). That's why I would not risk this, so personally I do believe that a much a better idea is to grind the trophy 'correctly' (such as use multiple consoles, try to gather as many alts as possible, join/coordinate boosting groups/sessions with a clear schedule etc.) to avoid possible disappointments. ? With like 5 - 6 alts it would take like 30 - 40 hours/week to get like a 70k score (which at this point seems good enough, in order to get into 1%) which is not 'that' extreme. So that's why me and my boosting group will be aiming for as high scores as possible. Even if it worked, as @turpinator1986 pointed out, there will always be that one selfish guy who will want to make sure that he gets the trophy by betraying the whole group. :spank:

Also, I'd like to publicly apologize to @chucuchus, @israellaks and their group for promising them to put alts to the leaderboards, but not doing it after all. :blush: I just think that it's just too much hassle without any noticeable results. Even if there was a group of dedicated 20 people where each of them added 10 alts each, after all they'd only help 2 guys, which really is not worth the effort. The time spent creating and joining with so many alts can be spent more effectively (by either boosting or helping other people boost), that's why - once my group will be done - I will be offering 3 turbo'd consoles to help people instead. In the end I am sure this will be much more helpful. :highfive:

So yeah, if you guys really want the trophy, I'd recommend going for it 'the proper way' instead of risking/thinking of strategies that might not work. I apologize if I am coming as rude, but I'd like to save your time (especially of the ones who are really serious/determined to get the trophy), because there really is not much of it left. :( And stuff such as server not resetting and VGC trophy not popping might happen too, and in that case every remaining week is even more important. ?

• Like 1