Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

36 minutes ago, GastNDorf said:

So nobody here attempting this week?

Funny thing I also have Bad Company in my backlog... still have the hardest awards to do. Not even sure I'll do after this.

GTA IV is my big fear. Can't believe it is still up. Think I am moving onto that next. I'll be damned if I get all 300 pigeons just to miss out on some MP trophies that keep me from my Platinum. And I hate myself too because I already 100% it on my X360... 

UPDATE: So, 5 Turbo Controllers were bought and they should be delivered between February, 26th - March, 6th - please wish me luck so that I'd receive them before March, 3rd. ?

From March, 3rd I should hopefully be able to turbo all 5 consoles for someone (preferably the player(s)/group who help me during the next week) in case I won't fail my February, 25th - March, 3rd boosting week. ?

2 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

OnTopic: I remember how I got this Killzone 2 trophy back in 2014 with only 5K Points. Its kind of hilarious to see people achieving 200k+ :D

I finished rank 1 or 2 with 6k points in Dec 2017, that was only 2 months ago. The cut-off was 2300 points that week lol.

2 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

GTA IV is my big fear. Can't believe it is still up. Think I am moving onto that next. I'll be damned if I get all 300 200 pigeons just to miss out on some MP trophies that keep me from my Platinum. And I hate myself too because I already 100% it on my X360... 

Those 200 pigeons were the worst part for me, pretty sure it was my last req for the plat. And I nearly shat myself when :gold: Key To The City popped first and it felt like an eternity before :silver: Endangered Species popped, although it was only actually 7 or 8 seconds. AWP is relatively quick and easy compared to a lot of other R* mp grinds, especially if you can self-boost it.

Edited by Zolkovo

16 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Funny thing I also have Bad Company in my backlog... still have the hardest awards to do. Not even sure I'll do after this.

I am trying to get the trophy this week just because my wife will be out all weekend... :) I don't know if I'll make it, I have 2 PS3s and I'm boosting 1vs1 on Beach Head. Maybe a friend will help me out to rack up more points. I think I have like 1400 points by now... so low. If I don't get the trophy this week I'll pass, I have better things to do hehehe

I'm also creating alts to help on the way: 

4 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

I am trying to get the trophy this week just because my wife will be out all weekend... :) I don't know if I'll make it, I have 2 PS3s and I'm boosting 1vs1 on Beach Head. Maybe a friend will help me out to rack up more points. I think I have like 1400 points by now... so low. If I don't get the trophy this week I'll pass, I have better things to do hehehe

I'm also creating alts to help on the way: 

Don't waste your time creating alt accounts and playing with them. 100 alts acc means 1 extra slot. In this time you can rank up more than 1 position. GL my friend!

• Like 1

So, I am almost prepared for this! ? Still, if there would be someone kind enough to idle 1 - 2 turbo'd consoles for me from time to time during the next week, it would be highly appreciated! ;)

I've just read this whole thread again and I have (hopefully the last) 2 questions:

1.) Do my alt(s) that will be used as host(s) need to have some kind of a rank/progress? I read that in order to make a proper lobby, it needs to get some XP/rank first (was it you who said it @DARKB1KE, or did I understand it wrongly?)

2.) How do you exactly boost? I am inclined to do the @scFlinT-us, @IDiivil and possibly @Evil_Joker88 strategy because I think that all the logging out of Warzone, switching hosts, lobbies, waiting too long in a lobby etc. tactics would just waste my time (and they would not most likely be possible if there were turbo'd alts in my server - their owners would need to be present). :dunno: I am planning to check my score after 10 matches (5 minutes each), but that would also slow me down slightly considering that it would take some time for the stats to update. So I'd actually prefer to play in one sitting each day, but I probably would not risk this just in case the lobby glitched and I received no score at all. :S So, I am extremely confused now! ? Also, when checking stats, should I leave with one of the alts who are not the host, right? If I left with the host, the host role would be assigned to some other alt/the game would crash?

I thank everyone in advance and wish you all a nice day! ? On top of the guys I've already tagged, I am tagging some more extremely helpful people: @Balnazzardi, @EdinhoN, @derdimi, @Afro_Gear, @JohzyDeMartin, @CristianX-97, @oOMementoMoriOo - you guys are all awesome! :wub:

16 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

GTA IV is my big fear. Can't believe it is still up. Think I am moving onto that next. I'll be damned if I get all 300 pigeons just to miss out on some MP trophies that keep me from my Platinum. And I hate myself too because I already 100% it on my X360... 

I highly recommand to join the session of ProfBamBam in GTA4. I got all online trophies in 3 days last week^^

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Platagonist said:

1.) Do my alt(s) that will be used as host(s) need to have some kind of a rank/progress? I read that in order to make a proper lobby, it needs to get some XP/rank first [...]

I don't think that you need a rank to open lobbies, but the game tries to even the teams. You would want to have all alts in one team and yourself in the other team. Even if you turn team balancing off the game will auto-select the team for the alts after each round, which will break your team set-up. You'll need to open squads and let your alts join them. The quad leaders won't switch teams after rounds and all squad members won't either. The only problem is that your squad leader has to unlock the ability to open squads first. I forgot the required rank, though. Could be 'Corporal' (30 xp). Also, there is a limit of four players for each squad.

Edited by derdimi
  • Like 2

@derdimi Thanks a lot for answering my question, much appreciated! ^_^ So, what should I do to 'bypass' that balance as much as possible? Unless my alts got some EXP for finishing matches, I guess I'd only be able to create the squad with my main (the account going for the trophy), but that would be pretty useless (considering that it's the account which wants to play alone), :dunno:

Is it possible to switch alts to the right team once they join the team where I don't want them to be? I would not want to play 1v4 (for example) only because my other 2 alts would be stuck in the wrong team. :S

Thanks a lot in advance! ?

@Platagonist If you have 6 alts you will need to lvl up only two of them. Start a lobby and set-up your teams: two of your alts being in one team, the rest in the other team. Make 30 points with those two alts in one round (like I said, I guess it was 30 points but I am not sure) by spawn killing the alts in the opposite team. After the round is over, leave the multiplayer with your two alts you made the kills with and sign in again. Go to 'My statistics' and check if they ranked up and got the ability to open squads.

Now you can jump back into your game and open squads with those two alts so all your other alts can join them. Your set-up will be stable now and you can keep your turbos active across rounds.

Edited by derdimi
  • Like 1

You can create a squad without bothering with getting 30 xp to register for each of them.

Just add them as friends, have one join the game and be on the right side, then all the others join through "join a friend's game", this creates a squad automatically.

Also i think logging out or checking stats is unnecessary, pretty sure your stats are only sent by the end of the match, either it goes through or not and you can check that in the friends leaderboard with an alt. Just pray most of them do.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Sinthoras_96 said:

AFAIK Bad Company only holds 2 servers same time at this point, which makes it pretty much impossible to boost in large groups or block a server. I did the game summer last year and when I started there werent any problems with crashing servers on a regular base. So my group could start some fresh servers for the hardest awards and do them before too many randoms joined in. When I was almost done with grinding the kills, the server problems started to show up. I have friends on my list who just recently started Bad Company and confirmed max 2 Servers at a time. So yeah, good luck to everyone who is trying to do this now :D

OnTopic: I remember how I got this Killzone 2 trophy back in 2014 with only 5K Points. Its kind of hilarious to see people achieving 200k+ :D

true... sometimes the servers hold up to even 1 server. i got the game when the server started crashing in September 2017 and got it done last month. 

The awards were the most pissy ones since the anti-boosters and servers crashing and the god players roaming in the game were extremely annoying.

21 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

do it whilst you still can. One day the same shit happening with KZ2 will break the game and even make BFBC unboostable.

For those that going after VGC this week, you guys might wanna check the Weekly LB now because it's partially updated and you can see who's in the  Top 20. It might not give you the real number but it can give you a rough guess how high the score this week might reach. Safe to say that the score is back to the usual fucked up high, so for those that think 20k is enough for VGC like last week, you guys will be sorely disappointed. 

• Like 1

Yeap, the last guy in top 20 had already 24k already, so this week the minimum score is DEFINITELY going to be much higher than last week.

Strange that weekly leaderboard statistics seem to be working again though, and it still might not be telling the whole truth, but what you can see from there right now is that the minimum score this week is likely going to be over 50k.....

2 minutes ago, Balnazzardi said:

Yeap, the last guy in top 20 had already 24k already, so this week the minimum score is DEFINITELY going to be much higher than last week.

Strange that weekly leaderboard statistics seem to be working again though, and it still might not be telling the whole truth, but what you can see from there right now is that the minimum score this week is likely going to be over 50k.....

However, I bet this week will net more players (considering the new hope from last week) which might increase the chances of winning. 

11 hours ago, Platagonist said:

So, I am almost prepared for this! 1f913.png Still, if there would be someone kind enough to idle 1 - 2 turbo'd consoles for me from time to time during the next week, it would be highly appreciated! ;)

I've just read this whole thread again and I have (hopefully the last) 2 questions:

1.) Do my alt(s) that will be used as host(s) need to have some kind of a rank/progress? I read that in order to make a proper lobby, it needs to get some XP/rank first (was it you who said it @DARKB1KE, or did I understand it wrongly?)

They don't need to, but I found it hell of a lot easier because I could make squads whenever I wanted to without leaving matches or waiting for end results screen lobby to change.  The other reason this was easier was because I had 1 HDMI cable and my PS3's were in different areas so I didn't want to keep unplugging stuff and changing TV channels if I needed to make a squad.  If all my alts had the same rank then it didn't matter who was the squad leader.

I ran into issues helping people because the auto-created squads from joining on a friend would often disband if someone else's alt joined or left server, the game kept trying to break up the squad.

I had no issues when I manually created my own squads with my alts and invited them into it.
You just need the first rank, the 2 triangles ⏫

2.) How do you exactly boost? I am inclined to do the @scFlinT-us, @IDiivil and possibly @Evil_Joker88 strategy because I think that all the logging out of Warzone, switching hosts, lobbies, waiting too long in a lobby etc. tactics would just waste my time (and they would not most likely be possible if there were turbo'd alts in my server - their owners would need to be present). :dunno: I am planning to check my score after 10 matches (5 minutes each), but that would also slow me down slightly considering that it would take some time for the stats to update. So I'd actually prefer to play in one sitting each day, but I probably would not risk this just in case the lobby glitched and I received no score at all. :S So, I am extremely confused now! 1f615.png Also, when checking stats, should I leave with one of the alts who are not the host, right? If I left with the host, the host role would be assigned to some other alt/the game would crash?

Don't bother backing out and checking.  It's a huge waste of time and many loading screens.

FYI the server stays active with people in it.  If you leave and rejoin before the match has ended you won't gain points it'll say something like "these stats have already been posted".  You'll need to wait until the next round starts if that happens. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

You can create a squad without bothering with getting 30 xp to register for each of them.

Just add them as friends, have one join the game and be on the right side, then all the others join through "join a friend's game", this creates a squad automatically.

I ran into issues helping people because the auto-created squads from joining on a friend would often disband if someone else's alt joined or left server, the game kept trying to break up the squad.

I had no issues when I manually created my own squads with my alts and invited them into it.

That was also with team balancing turned off.  The game is just a trainwreck. 

Edited by DARKB1KE
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

For those that going after VGC this week, you guys might wanna check the Weekly LB now because it's partially updated and you can see who's in the  Top 20. It might not give you the real number but it can give you a rough guess how high the score this week might reach. Safe to say that the score is back to the usual fucked up high, so for those that think 20k is enough for VGC like last week, you guys will be sorely disappointed. 

Woah... And right now there're like 1100 players, so top 11 only will get the trophy...

I know I wont get it, but I'll keep playing this week only.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Woah... And right now there're like 1100 players, so top 11 only will get the trophy...

dont think its a full list..

usually around 2000 players probs more this week due to last week. hoping there b about 3000/4000 so more people get this trophy

37 minutes ago, breakXedge said:

Nah bro, it's partially updated like @simpgraus said. It's not a full list. There might be someone who have higher score that didn't got updated to the LB. I'm pretty sure only 2k players will be playing the game. 

Edited by MSIA_pokwee

14 hours ago, GastNDorf said:

Arrrg I'm only 16th in the leaderboard, and I thought I was comfortable enough... Even with 2-3 dummies most of the time I can't compete with the big groups it seems. Anybody might want to drop me some turbo for the time remaining this week?

Well right now its showing you would be on 10th place with 50k, so seems like you are doing fine :)..

If we are to believe that the current weekly stats we can see are somewhat accurate, then top 10 is quite tight, everyone there has now over 50k (with top 1 guy having 75k)  and are likely to get to 100k or atleast close to it.

Then between 11th and 20th place the scores are between 47k - 29k. So like with less than 50k you are unlikely to get to top 1% this week