Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

I know how you feel dark knight, I know how you feel.....(after failing myself once to get it)

Anyhow the truth is most of us likely didnt expect anyone with such "low" scores to get it this week, when week before the minimum amount of score required was 95k! For example homleshobo definitely wasnt expecting that, he was mainly helping out Feethams (170k)  and JohzyDeMartin (158K) last week and wasnt even going for this trophy, so just saying that no one here expected minimum score last week to be under 20k....like said it hasnt been that low since last week of 2017!

And the reason that ppl are bale to get 100k+ scores is that:

1) They boost ATLEAST 8-10 hours average per day (although 1 person from my group, Gregory, hardly boosted at all during 2 days)
2) Have quite big team of ppl helping them out (atleast 3-4 ppl at ALL times, and the top 5 for example had 6-8 ppl usually helping them at all times and they did quick melee kills at Beach Head)

So you definitely still need lots of time and lots of ppl to help you out to make 100% sure you would get this trophy. 

Edited by Balnazzardi
  • Like 1

@Balnazzardi Is correct. 

Our group never had less than 4 system AT ALL TIMES, and at various time were running systems in the double digits.

We used a double shift strategy, one guy boosts during the day and another during the night.

@The_Feethams boosted during the day, & he placed 2nd 

@homleshobo boosted for 2x the night shift & he amazingly still got the trophy!! ... His schedule was too demanding for that week so he seceded his shift to me.

I was able to boost night shift for the remaining 3 days and then 2 full weekend days to reach the 158k placing me 4th on the leaderboard

Overall we were extremely lucky to be able to place 3 from our crew this week, but we have a tight group and a well thought out strategy.

If you are still in need of the trophy i suggest you do the same, find / make a group, work out a boosting strategy and a boosting method.

Shout out goes to the crew!!! @homleshobo, @kagealchemist, @The_Feethams, @AgentVitasoy, @Cabrera70, the late entry @samuelanon Thank you lads for working as a team and obviously risking ya'lls systems in our quest for this damn trophy.

Another shout out & thank you goes to @DARKB1KE & @Balnazzardi these two awesome boosters left alts some nights during my shift to give me proper numbers as to achieve my 150k+ score.

To the rest of you out there still aiming for VGC godspeed and there may still be hope yet eh!!!!

Edited by JohzyDeMartin
  • Like 2

People attempting it this week, how much xp are you aiming at? It seems most of the top leaderboard come here so who knows

The low scores from last week is actually terrible for the rest of us because I'm pretty sure a lot of people will regain interest, but you just have to beat them.

I only have my alt and a friend to help, played like crazy all day and only managed to do 10k. It's average I'd say, but I don't know if I'd be able to hold that rythm, nor my friend would (well he doesn't have to do anything with turbo but still). I kinda feel bad wasting my holidays on this but I know I'll regret giving up on it either.

Ah, why didn't I find some time to do this during those 9 years I wonder.

Okay, so after all I decided to go all in again, let's gamble! ?

I bought the 4th PS3 console today so from February, 25th I will have 6 alts ready (3x PS3, 2x PS4 and 1x PC with PSNow). ?

Even though that I wanted to solo this at first, I'd now prefer to join some small(er) group from February 25th, who would be willing to drop a few more alts for me. If I succeeded during my February, 25th - March 3rd run, I'd still have 1 full week of PSNow, so I'd be able to turbo 5 alts during it (if I will have received the turbo controllers by March, 3rd).? @GastNDorf tagging you because I already sent you a message on PSN and you seem like a reliable and nice guy. :) 

Today I finally managed to find a seller from the UK who is willing to ship the Hori Pad 4 FPS Plus turbo controllers to Europe and it seems promising. Hopefully I've not jinxed it, but we have already sealed the deal and currently I am just waiting for him to calculate my postage fees. :highfive: @oOMementoMoriOo I checked your amazon.de links as well, but these guys are shipping from Hong Kong and I'd receive the turbo controllers between March, 1st - March, 19th, which would be way too late. :( 

From March 10th I'd be willing to keep turbo'ing my remaining 3 PS3 consoles for some other guy(s)/group in case my group will have already finished. ;)

I wish everyone a great night and I hope some group will take me under it's wings! :wave:  

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Platagonist said:

Okay, so after all I decided to go all in again, let's gamble! 1f3b2.png

I bought the 4th PS3 console today so from February, 25th I will have 6 alts ready (3x PS3, 2x PS4 and 1x PC with PSNow). 1f3ae.png

Even though that I wanted to solo this at first, I'd now prefer to join some small(er) group from February 25th, who would be willing to drop a few more alts for me. If I succeeded during my February, 25th - March 3rd run, I'd still have 1 full week of PSNow, so I'd be able to turbo 5 alts during it (if I will have received the turbo controllers by March, 3rd).1f609.png @GastNDorf tagging you because I already sent you a message on PSN and you seem like a reliable and nice guy. :) 

Today I finally managed to find a seller from the UK who is willing to ship the Hori Pad 4 FPS Plus turbo controllers to Europe and it seems promising. Hopefully I've not jinxed it, but we have already sealed the deal and currently I am just waiting for him to calculate my postage fees. :highfive: @oOMementoMoriOo I checked your amazon.de links as well, but these guys are shipping from Hong Kong and I'd receive the turbo controllers between March, 1st - March, 19th, which would be way too late. :( 

From March 10th I'd be willing to keep turbo'ing my remaining 3 PS3 consoles for some other guy(s)/group in case my group will have already finished. ;)

I wish everyone a great night and I hope some group will take me under it's wings! :wave:  

May I join your group? O need help.

On 1/16/2018 at 3:45 PM, Azimus said:

I was the first slot out and missed the last slot by 500 my first go at it which was only a 20 minute 3 game session for me, it really was a punch to the gut because I had tried to put in a session but was turned off because my points were not saving so I moved on for the day. Having been a KZ2 player from the beginning I knew I had to go on and persevere, the only way home was through the bodies of the Helghast.

So for week two I recorded over 26,000 points to be sure and then Sunday the Servers crashed and I felt this Pit in my stomach...The misery...Hell. We were all left in Limbo not knowing what would become of the next week. Knowing that I couldn't just leave my weeks work on the table I had to continue and protect my current Ranking but only after a 3 day hiatus to recover from the Blow...Week 3 was possibly more than I could stomach but I went on...Helghast after Helghast...blown skulls...bodies slaming off chain linked fences of Tharsis Depot...Pew..Pew...Pew...Grenade Blast...Bot Kill...RELOAD.

Then Judgement Day, it was here yet again. With the Killzone 2 theme blaring through my HEAD I sat down with a new found surge of energy knowing that I wasn't alone on the Battlefield, there would be others looking to obtain the Valor Grand Cross, I popped skulls like my life depended on it...Helmet Pop...Skull after Skull. Then the Clock struck 7, I heard the Bell begin to Toll. I finished my final game and went to the leaderboards and with my eyes closed I hoped and prayed that the life I had wasted for 3 weeks was not for nothing...........................And then I heard the GLORIOUS sound of the Trophy Pop!

"Executed, fuckin' Helghast style." -Sergeant Rico Velasquez

If you think you want to give it another go, I'd let it cool off for this week and try after a Normal week posts to see where it is and What needs to be attained. My Kills/Hour was 373 (Highest by Far) with 17:29:35 logged hours (Two Weeks) that ranked #92, so not bad considering I ranked #15 in points.There are a lot of people putting in a lot of time that missed out this week and I don't want to reveal my tactic if it is not something that really means anything to some (Just another Trophy?) as I would like to see all true Killzone fans to have a chance. I will watch the leaderboards over the coming weeks and see how it is all playing out and publicly reveal my tactic leading up to the End.

From another thread;

The leaderboard is stacked beyond belief now with no signs of letting up, but a cap may have been reached. My trick to getting 373 Kills per hour and achieving a higher rank with significantly less time was by using a PS3, a PS4, a Desktop and a Laptop PC with DS4s running PSnow trials. I even setup multiple virtual PCs with virtual controllers but it became too much on the connection to PSnow and the game would drop. Tharsis Depot ISA spawn was the choice of tactic and had I been keen enough then to use Turbo controllers to automatically spawn it would of been less painful. I had 4 profiles logged in game at once but would have used more if I had the hardware, all self boosted.

So if everyone looking to attain the trophy uses this tactic it should push up the weekly player count and trophy slots significantly (x2,x4,etc). Spread the word and lets hope it has a significant impact...Never give up!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Azimus said:

From another thread;

The leaderboard is stacked beyond belief now with no signs of letting up, but a cap may have been reached. My trick to getting 373 Kills per hour and achieving a higher rank with significantly less time was by using a PS3, a PS4, a Desktop and a Laptop PC with DS4s running PSnow trials. I even setup multiple virtual PCs with virtual controllers but it became too much on the connection to PSnow and the game would drop. Tharsis Depot ISA spawn was the choice of tactic and had I been keen enough then to use Turbo controllers to automatically spawn it would of been less painful. I had 4 profiles logged in game at once but would have used more if I had the hardware, all self boosted.

So if everyone looking to attain the trophy uses this tactic it should push up the weekly player count and trophy slots significantly (x2,x4,etc). Spread the word and lets hope it has a significant impact...Never give up!

Ya PSNow method is the way to go this late if u don't have a reliable group. PSNow was already mentioned at least 2x earlier in the thread. I linked the Windows app download a while ago. If u have a Mac you will have to run Parallels or Bootcamp to use PSNow

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo
  • Like 1

16 hours ago, Balnazzardi said:

I know how you feel dark knight, I know how you feel.....(after failing myself once to get it)

Anyhow the truth is most of us likely didnt expect anyone with such "low" scores to get it this week, when week before the minimum amount of score required was 95k! For example homleshobo definitely wasnt expecting that, he was mainly helping out Feethams (170k)  and JohzyDeMartin (158K) last week and wasnt even going for this trophy, so just saying that no one here expected minimum score last week to be under 20k....like said it hasnt been that low since last week of 2017!

And the reason that ppl are bale to get 100k+ scores is that:

1) They boost ATLEAST 8-10 hours average per day (although 1 person from my group, Gregory, hardly boosted at all during 2 days)
2) Have quite big team of ppl helping them out (atleast 3-4 ppl at ALL times, and the top 5 for example had 6-8 ppl usually helping them at all times and they did quick melee kills at Beach Head)

So you definitely still need lots of time and lots of ppl to help you out to make 100% sure you would get this trophy. 

This 100%.

Me and some others joined with bal and helped and were able to push 3 into vgc this week.  In return some are reciprocating the favor and helping as well while keeping to a schedule of people slated to go for it.   4 of us newer folks have invested money into the loyalty of our groups and have ourchased turbo controllers to aid in the process.  They make life bearable and i recommend them if going for this.  For various times in the day more people that are willing, and able to put in the time to help people could earn a spot after the ones already living the life are done.  I know myself and a few others are planning on keeping our turbos on for people that are willing to help and be a part of this insanity, but time is running out.  Not everyone is altruistic however so expect that but know most pushing it, are.

With that said if you do decide to go for this, you need to earn your spot and help the people that are going for it to expect help in return.  It is a time commitment, especially if you are the one boosting.  Could be upwards of 12 hrs of boosting only to get less than half of your points save.  Thats the main time commitment just getting your stats posted. But if you keep at it, youll get it.

P.s.  shout out to @Balnazzardi and crew for laying the ground work for this, and continuing to provide support and assistance even after they were done.  

Edited by WhoooFlungPoo
  • Like 2

On 2/18/2018 at 4:07 PM, Sergen said:

Congratulations @homleshobo, you've had a fucking miracle this week and managed to qualify for the trophy with a score of 18,870, the game being dead means that even though a bunch of people got over 100,000, the top 20 still made it with low scores. Someone really wanted you to get that trophy this week. 

Thanks...I had a big grin when I saw the trophy pop :) fyi...if  you ever want to help someone with ninja gaiden I would like that a lot :P haha

Hey guys. For those who already got the trophy (congrats!!) and willing to help, please, log in with alt accounts and score a couple points just to be placed on the leaderboards and increase the chances to eatn the trophy! I've been doing that for a friend and this week my plan is to get the trophy. If you guys can help with that I will appreciate!

• Like 4

@SniperEliteDido I just dont understand why some ppl have such big problems with how or when or what other ppl choose to boost :D

I mean heck, its not your time or money on the line, so why do you care so much.....yes it would be much more sensible to boost these online trophies out of the way when the game is not 10 years old or whatever and having the risk of closing servers.....

But then again, many would ask whats the point of trophy/achievement hunting in general, right? :D

Anyhow just like with propably many other ppl here, I had Killzone 2 and 3 sitting there, on the self for years and they were simply not on the priority list to do....I bet like with many other players, we all have limited time and way too many games to play/to choose from, plus many of us likely simply cannot deal with boosting several games with multiplayer trophies/achievements in row, we sometimes NEED to take break from that and just play singleplayer stuff.....

But ye, the way I deal with my huge backlog library, I do try to play it from the oldest games I have to the newest ones (and heck I know I will never reach that point where all my backlog would be gone, Im already 10 freaking years behind.....) in 2016 I dealt with several old games (all on Xbox 360) I had yet not done MP achievements from like GRAW 2, Gears of War, Battlefield Bad Company, GTA IV, Lost Planet and Pure, but after that I really needed to take long break from boosting multiplayer stuff...and indeed Killzone 2 and 3 were not anywhere near my priority list until the announcement of server closure was made.

Anyhow like said, I do have shitton of backlog and heck of lot of MP achievements (and some trophies) to deal with, and older games still take priority on my "what to play next" list, but when it comes to online trophies/achievements, I simply cant boost all of them in row, I would loose my sanity if I did, and Im sure most ppl here feel the same....even at the risk of getting another announcement like this and having only 3 months to deal with it. For example Far Cry 2 would be next on my list from those games that include some grindy MP achievements, but I simply cant deal with that right after Killzone 2 (and Wipeout 2048), need again break from this and plan to play some singleplayer games before dealing with that.

Edited by Balnazzardi

Some good points there guys, and I definitely understand why expecting to be helped first is way too selfish from my side. :S

However without Turbo Controllers (which will hopefully be delivered next week) there is not much way for me to help, and if I am done asap/during the first week, I can effectively use my second week of PSNow and provide up to 5 turbo'd alts, so this is my reasoning behind this (if I helped during the first week and used the second one for myself, I'd no longer be able to provide as many turbo'd alts during my third week). :hmm:

@ardezembro I'd much rather join some already established group rather than create my own - I am much better listener than leader - but I made a Boosting Session for extremely serious players anyways - https://psnprofiles.com/session/142078-killzone-2 - lets see how it goes! ? I suppose a group of 3 - 4 people would be enough, but I'd much more prefer if someone as crazy as me (with heaps of turbo controllers) joined, so that we'd be done asap if we were just the two of us. :)

@Xxleonardo97xX So hopefully I won't be the only one who needs a reality check. :P I did not buy all the consoles just for this KZ2 grind, but as @SniperEliteDido suggested, I have already been planning to self-boost some other tedious MP trophies, so I am sure these consoles will have some good use. ? If you are interested in reading about my plans, feel free to check out my trophy checklist. ?

@DARKB1KE Thanks for the Discord link, I'll check it out during the next few days! ? Hopefully I won't be struggling too much with it, I have yet to use Discord! :blush:

3 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

earning VGC requires no skill what so ever, if you can't do VGC it doesn't mean you suck ass. it just means 2 things:

1. you had the patience for a no-life week of boosting KZ2
  2. you were extremely lucky

3. You earned it back in the day when the MP was live and it actually required skill, especially as mods would actively remove boosters

4. You did it before server closure was announced, and it only took like 6-9 hours of boosting in one weekend (including all other online trophies)

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Zolkovo said:

3. You earned it back in the day when the MP was live and it actually required skill

i'm talking about people who earned it in the past 2 months and still are.

and yeah back in the day it probably did. 

45 minutes ago, Balnazzardi said:

@SniperEliteDido I just dont understand why some ppl have such big problems with how or when or what other ppl choose to boost :D

I mean heck, its not your time or money on the line, so why do you care so much.....yes it would be much more sensible to boost these online trophies out of the way when the game is not 10 years old or whatever and having the risk of closing servers.....

But then again, many would ask whats the point of trophy/achievement hunting in general, right? :D

Anyhow just like with propably many other ppl here, I had Killzone 2 and 3 sitting there, on the self for years and they were simply not on the priority list to do....I bet like with many other players, we all have limited time and way too many games to play/to choose from, plus many of us likely simply cannot deal with boosting several games with multiplayer trophies/achievements in row, we sometimes NEED to take break from that and just play singleplayer stuff.....

But ye, the way I deal with my huge backlog library, I do try to play it from the oldest games I have to the newest ones (and heck I know I will never reach that point where all my backlog would be gone, Im already 10 freaking years behind.....) in 2016 I dealt with several old games (all on Xbox 360) I had yet not done MP achievements from like GRAW 2, Gears of War, Battlefield Bad Company, GTA IV, Lost Planet and Pure, but after that I really needed to take long break from boosting multiplayer stuff...and indeed Killzone 2 and 3 were not anywhere near my priority list until the announcement of server closure was made.

Anyhow like said, I do have shitton of backlog and heck of lot of MP achievements (and some trophies) to deal with, and older games still take priority on my "what to play next" list, but when it comes to online trophies/achievements, I simply cant boost all of them in row, I would loose my sanity if I did, and Im sure most ppl here feel the same....even at the risk of getting another announcement like this and having only 3 months to deal with it. For example Far Cry 2 would be next on my list from those games that include some grindy MP achievements, but I simply cant deal with that right after Killzone 2 (and Wipeout 2048), need again break from this and plan to play some singleplayer games before dealing with that.

i don't really have a problem with people doing KZ2 because it was in their backlog. i'm having a problem with people who knew the risks to start the game and actually did then eventually gave up and then started to complain and feel down.

Edited by SniperEliteDido

11 hours ago, SniperEliteDido said:

Don't wanna be a dickhead in this forum but why is everyone happy that they got the trophy just before server shutdown of the game? it's really not worth getting a game for 2 months and taking a risk for your completion. THATS WHY I ALWAYS SAY: Online trophies first (old games) > Offline trophies first (old games). Don't get a game you'll get just because the servers are shut downing. that's not the good thing to do. you get games for fun and trophies both combined, so why the hell did you wait to get an old ass game since 2009 in 2018? 

earning VGC requires no skill what so ever, if you can't do VGC it doesn't mean you suck ass. it just means 2 things:

1. you had the patience for a no-life week of boosting KZ2
  2. you were extremely lucky

I really wanna see the reactions of the trophy hunting community when EA announces Battlefield: Bad Company server closure, since there's a max of 4 servers per time and since i seriously don't know how the fuck will people even boost :bronze: I am Bad Company! or even grind the 10002 kills for the :silver: Beans Bullets Bandages trophy, especially when the game is full of anti-boosters and god players who are all in the top 200 on the leaderboards. or even trying to entering a damn server since the game only holds 4 max in the current state of the game, or even have the time and patience to grind in a very hard Online game. (to everyone out there who plans on doing BFBC DO IT NOW whilst you still can)

Overall, i just wanna say. Please... Please ffs start clearing your Online backlog (especially the older games). Since one day the same that's happening with KZ2 will most likely happen again in Games with Hard/Grindy Online trophies. Open your profile and see what ONLINE TROPHIES you haven't earned yet and GO GET 'EM boi.

Still, i wanna say congrats to everyone who got Valor Grand Cross and good luck to anyone who's still trying to get it. :) 

Also, Huge respect to anyone helping out their mates through the trophy. YOU GUYS ARE THE REAL MVPs! :D 

AFAIK Bad Company only holds 2 servers same time at this point, which makes it pretty much impossible to boost in large groups or block a server. I did the game summer last year and when I started there werent any problems with crashing servers on a regular base. So my group could start some fresh servers for the hardest awards and do them before too many randoms joined in. When I was almost done with grinding the kills, the server problems started to show up. I have friends on my list who just recently started Bad Company and confirmed max 2 Servers at a time. So yeah, good luck to everyone who is trying to do this now :D

OnTopic: I remember how I got this Killzone 2 trophy back in 2014 with only 5K Points. Its kind of hilarious to see people achieving 200k+ :D

• Like 4