Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

On 04/03/2018 at 2:19 PM, DARKB1KE said:

You've actually been asleep for 100 years.  The world now moved onto PS6000 and the KZ5 servers are shutting down soon, better get on that. 

Damn we have to wait 100 years for the next Killzone?

• Like 1

On 05/03/2018 at 10:51 PM, Gibbo_0113 said:

Damn we have to wait 100 years for the next Killzone?

Knowing Sony, you probably will have to. They love to abandon their shooter game series, just look at Resistance :D 

I don't want to have to double post so I'm adding this: I would like to tell people that if you use my videos that archive the Killzone 2 weekly leaderboards to flag anyone who isn't within the top 1%, do not report the people who make the rollover amount e.g. if there are 201 pages on the leaderboard, the person who is rank 21 that week will also legitimately earn the Valor Grand Cross trophy because they are within the top 1.05% and that is the leniency the game has. There is a way for people to also prove they got the trophy legit that I discovered recently, if you sign your PSN account into a blank user without any trophies synced and log into PSN through Killzone 2 and go into Warzone, the Valor trophies will all retroactively unlock, so if by some fluke a person does get the trophy, they'd get it again on their account if they leave their trophies unsynced and sign in with a different PS3, people should have to prove this if they feel they were flagged wrongfully and want to dispute it. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 4

I think it's probably safe to mention this now, as there are only 25 hours left until the server reset. Me and @Platagonist have been helping 2 people work on this trophy, with around 9-11 alts in the lobby at most times, he is crazy and really uses 6 consoles to help the same person out, that is very dedicated I must say. Anyway, what we seem to have done to help 2 people is one person spends the day boosting, then the other person boosts at night, the person who boosts at night in our time zones is from the USA, so for the most part the time he is boosting is day time for him. I think both people we've been helping have over 100,000, or they will be achieving over 100,000 and I've heard word of around 10 more people who have been checked up on that have over 100,000 as well, so more likely than not the cut off this week will be another 100,000+.

With this whole day and night boosting cycle, it probably would be possible for 4 people who use 2 PS3s each to all get the trophy, by having 2 people in their group boost all week with one person doing 10+ hours during the day and the other person doing 10+ hours at night, it really depends how people will treat the game in the last 2 weeks. I know I said I'd stop helping people with the game, but one of the people we have been helping is someone who failed to get the trophy with me over a month ago by being a few thousand points off, so I think he kind of deserves to get the trophy before the servers close. After this week, there will only be 2 weeks left to get the trophy, so desperate times call for desperate measures and it is recommended to acquire more than 2 PS3s for this game, I think Platagonist has been pretty crazy for getting 6 consoles for the game and boosting it like that, but his commitment paid off and he has the trophy. I won't be helping people in the last 2 weeks and I really think Platagonist needs to haul ass and finish Killzone 2's DLC and Killzone 3's online so I'm assuming after these guys are done, he won't be spending the whole of next week helping someone, but you never know. I wish people like this were helping me get the trophy, but I only relied on myself to get it, but the score was way more doable back when I did it. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Sergen said:

I think it's probably safe to mention this now, as there are only 25 hours left until the server reset. Me and @Platagonist have been helping 2 people work on this trophy, with around 9-11 alts in the lobby at most times, he is crazy and really uses 6 consoles to help the same person out, that is very dedicated I must say. Anyway, what we seem to have done to help 2 people is one person spends the day boosting, then the other person boosts at night, the person who boosts at night in our time zones is from the USA, so for the most part the time he is boosting is day time for him. I think both people we've been helping have over 100,000, or they will be achieving over 100,000 and I've heard word of around 10 more people who have been checked up on that have over 100,000 as well, so more likely than not the cut off this week will be another 100,000+.

With this whole day and night boosting cycle, it probably would be possible for 4 people who use 2 PS3s each to all get the trophy, by having 2 people in their group boost all week with one person doing 10+ hours during the day and the other person doing 10+ hours at night, it really depends how people will treat the game in the last 2 weeks. I know I said I'd stop helping people with the game, but one of the people we have been helping is someone who failed to get the trophy with me over a month ago by being a few thousand points off, so I think he kind of deserves to get the trophy before the servers close. After this week, there will only be 2 weeks left to get the trophy, so desperate times call for desperate measures and it is recommended to acquire more than 2 PS3s for this game, I think Platagonist has been pretty crazy for getting 6 consoles for the game and boosting it like that, but his commitment paid off and he has the trophy. I won't be helping people in the last 2 weeks and I really think Platagonist needs to haul ass and finish Killzone 2's DLC and Killzone 3's online so I'm assuming after these guys are done, he won't be spending the whole of next week helping someone, but you never know. I wish people like this were helping me get the trophy, but I only relied on myself to get it, but the score was way more doable back when I did it. 

its a major shame that we couldn't come together as a group and get this done, using a easier method. (last look over 50 plus in boosting group)

it is those that are in for them-self only that have ruined it for the rest of us.

those groups of 5 plus system have made it impossible for a normal person to even have a chance.

its just a shame. 

• Like 1

I remember when Halo 2 was taken offline years ago there were a group of people that stayed logged in allowing them to continue to play for quite some time. I also remember for myself back in 2010 playing RDR online with friends during a double XP weekend and we stayed on passed the midnight cut off and we continued to earn double XP for another few hours after it was supposed to have ended. That being said, I have very limited knowledge about the network side of things so I am not sure if this depends on the type of network set up or not. But, what if someone did that for KZ2? stay online for the when it shuts down (middle of the third week) and stays on. Any IT folks know if they could still plausibly get the trophy after shut down or would everyone be kicked? Just a thought that occurred to me. 

2 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

I remember when Halo 2 was taken offline years ago there were a group of people that stayed logged in allowing them to continue to play for quite some time. I also remember for myself back in 2010 playing RDR online with friends during a double XP weekend and we stayed on passed the midnight cut off and we continued to earn double XP for another few hours after it was supposed to have ended. That being said, I have very limited knowledge about the network side of things so I am not sure if this depends on the type of network set up or not. But, what if someone did that for KZ2? stay online for the when it shuts down (middle of the third week) and stays on. Any IT folks know if they could still plausibly get the trophy after shut down or would everyone be kicked? Just a thought that occurred to me. 

i think it be just a hard cut friday afternoon..when they power it down..

might even do a last reset... so maybe worth earning a few points say a few 1000 just in-case.

33 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

I think you have to log out of Warzone then log back in for the Valor Grand Cross trophy to unlock, but I'm not too sure. I think the game would likely kick everyone off who is playing it at the time, Resistance 2 has some videos of the game shutting down and everyone who was playing got kicked off the online as soon as the servers were closed. 

12 hours ago, Sergen said:

I am kind of sad that I was selfish during the first week, because we could have helped one more guy if it was not for it. ? Considering I've never played the game before, I had no idea that I'd manage 110k on my 5th day against 'only' 7 - 8 alts. I really have to thank @Sergen for helping us out, because if both guys get the trophy by the end of this week, it will have been possible only because of his additional alts. ;) 

@simpgraus I would not say that 'we' ruined the game, personally I started to boost and play quite late and I was not part of any boosting group, and time was pushing me, so I really had to resort to drastic measures in order to get the trophy. :S I've been trying to help as many people as possible by answering their questions when I was asked, hanging out in Discord always ready to help and referring people to other groups who could have been free. The truth is, if I did not buy so many consoles and Turbo Controllers, I doubt I'd be able to get the trophy, let alone help many others. So once again I'd like to thank my group for trusting me (despite me being a newcomer) and letting me go for the trophy first. :wub: Next week we will have 2 more guys both for day and night 'shifts' and they will have to work even harder without Sergen's alts. ? After the next week we will be disbanding most likely, but I might help someone during the last week on my own. 

Even though I have to admit that I can't wait for the game to shut down - all of us who have been boosting managed to get sick in one way or another:

- I got UTI when I turned off the heating because I thought the consoles were freezing due to being overheated ?

- the second of us got fever - most likely due to lack of sleep and his immunity being vulnerable - from the other family members who were all sick ?

- and finally, third guy broke his little finger when raging about the game (he got IP banned by Sony for some weird reason and lost precious time ?)

So, I want to appeal to everyone who will go for this to get enough sleep, food and not neglect themselves, because it's really not worth getting sick because of a game, especially so annoying one! ? At this point I have to say that I HATE KZ2 WITH A PASSION, and to be honest I just want to give up, but with so many consoles bought I feel like I can give something back/put them to a good use, even though I bought them mainly to self-boost some other (dead) MP games (during this year I'd like to :platinum: Test Drive Unlimited 2, Far Cry 2 and possibly Modnation Racers + some others as well). ?

I wish you all a nice Sunday and good luck grinding to the ones who are going for it this week! :wave:

• Like 1

8 hours ago, simpgraus said:

its a major shame that we couldn't come together as a group and get this done, using a easier method. (last look over 50 plus in boosting group)

it is those that are in for them-self only that have ruined it for the rest of us.

those groups of 5 plus system have made it impossible for a normal person to even have a chance.

its just a shame.

Don't tell us, we are selfish. Many of us are helping people all the time, although we have already achieved the trophy a long time ago. We are even helping people who have never helped us. Groups of five to ten are absolutely perfect, because you are able to manage them with reasonable effort. I'd like to see how you effectively(!) organize a group of 50 people. Besides that, this "let's come all together" fairytale idea has been tried and failed a couple of times now. It's a really nice thought but it just doesn't work. I am sorry that you have a hard time with getting this freaking trophy but you can't blame the people who are putting heart and soul into it.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Platagonist said:

I am kind of sad that I was selfish during the first week, because we could have helped one more guy if it was not for it. 1f615.png Considering I've never played the game before, I had no idea that I'd manage 110k on my 5th day against 'only' 7 - 8 alts. I really have to thank @Sergen for helping us out, because if both guys get the trophy by the end of this week, it will have been possible only because of his additional alts. ;) 

@simpgraus I would not say that 'we' ruined the game, personally I started to boost and play quite late and I was not part of any boosting group, and time was pushing me, so I really had to resort to drastic measures in order to get the trophy. :S I've been trying to help as many people as possible by answering their questions when I was asked, hanging out in Discord always ready to help and referring people to other groups who could have been free. The truth is, if I did not buy so many consoles and Turbo Controllers, I doubt I'd be able to get the trophy, let alone help many others. So once again I'd like to thank my group for trusting me (despite me being a newcomer) and letting me go for the trophy first. :wub: Next week we will have 2 more guys both for day and night 'shifts' and they will have to work even harder without Sergen's alts. 1f47a.png After the next week we will be disbanding most likely, but I might help someone during the last week on my own. 

Even though I have to admit that I can't wait for the game to shut down - all of us who have been boosting managed to get sick in one way or another:

- I got UTI when I turned off the heating because I thought the consoles were freezing due to being overheated 1f644.png

- the second of us got fever - most likely due to lack of sleep and his immunity being vulnerable - from the other family members who were all sick 1f912.png

- and finally, third guy broke his little finger when raging about the game (he got IP banned by Sony for some weird reason and lost precious time 1f63e.png)

So, I want to appeal to everyone who will go for this to get enough sleep, food and not neglect themselves, because it's really not worth getting sick because of a game, especially so annoying one! 1f620.png At this point I have to say that I HATE KZ2 WITH A PASSION, and to be honest I just want to give up, but with so many consoles bought I feel like I can give something back/put them to a good use, even though I bought them mainly to self-boost some other (dead) MP games (during this year I'd like to :platinum: Test Drive Unlimited 2, Far Cry 2 and possibly Modnation Racers + some others as well). 1f3ae.png

I wish you all a nice Sunday and good luck grinding to the ones who are going for it this week! :wave:

I think if I was stupid enough to start Killzone 2 in the last week and the pressure was on, I'd likely be using 8 consoles and asking friends to turbo it for me in desperation, but luckily 4 of my consoles was enough to secure the trophy without too much stress, I even managed to set a day aside to get every other online trophy and I also got to sleep in on various days, now the stakes are too high so I really don't recommend people starting it. Using 6 PS3s has never been really necessary for games that I do, because normally I would also just get someone else to do them with me, the only time I added 6 PS3s to the same lobby was when I did Ultra Street Fighter IV's 8 player trophy and added that many alts to the lobby and it was a huge hassle to set it up. If I saw 100,000 cut off points before I started the game, I'd really be losing sleep over the trophy and not taking any time for granted, but luckily when I did it the cut off points were incredibly simple to beat, people now wish the game was back at 30,000 being the 1% threshold. For Far Cry 2, I remember it having an IP block after adding a certain number of alts, so the most you'll actually be able to use yourself is 3, but it's enough to grind the game effectively and moving any more PS3s frankly would kind of be annoying. 

Remember, Killzone 2 has other online trophies so I recommend next week that you do all the DLC trophies and ribbon based trophies, they can all be done within the same session and the best way to get all the ribbon trophies is to do them in the same session because a lot of the stats won't save after you leave, but during that session the progress will go up and the trophies will unlock. Don't be side-tracked into helping so many people with Valor Grand Cross, your own trophies should be the main priority. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Platagonist said:

- I got UTI when I turned off the heating because I thought the consoles were freezing due to being overheated 1f644.png

- the second of us got fever - most likely due to lack of sleep and his immunity being vulnerable - from the other family members who were all sick 1f912.png

- and finally, third guy broke his little finger when raging about the game (he got IP banned by Sony for some weird reason and lost precious time 1f63e.png)

So, I want to appeal to everyone who will go for this to get enough sleep, food and not neglect themselves, because it's really not worth getting sick because of a game, especially so annoying one! 1f620.png At this point I have to say that I HATE KZ2 WITH A PASSION, and to be honest I just want to give up, but with so many consoles bought I feel like I can give something back/put them to a good use, even though I bought them mainly to self-boost some other (dead) MP games (during this year I'd like to :platinum: Test Drive Unlimited 2, Far Cry 2 and possibly Modnation Racers + some others as well). 1f3ae.png

For a single trophy it's not worth it. And the fact that people won't play on public servers and have fun(for that certain trophy), but then it would come down to pure skills as probably only the best players would get the top spots on the leaderboard. Which is imo should have been the only way of getting it, only public ranked servers should have counted towards the leaderboard statistics. Plus if the servers wouldn't close down then you wouldn't had to buy all those consoles, discs, spend so much time on and hate it. So maybe the devs should have opted for the trophy to be only achievable on a public server, no? I still fail to see why privates matches actually count towards the leaderboard statistics, does any other decent MP shooters do that? But then most people here wouldn't haven gotten it I guess..

Just a tip, don't bother with Far Cry 2. I've played it (only SP) a long time ago on PC before I had any console. And it's just utter shit, hell I feel sorry for everyone who actually had to spend their time on that game :x. Well luckily I didn't bothered too much :'), I deleted the game the instant I finished the story lol. Well at least I enjoyed FC3 a lot more. Never gotten around FC4 and Far Cry Primal was just boring after a while and almost as worse as FC2 :/. Since Far Cry 5 is coming out soon I'd say go play/buy that. From what I've seen it look pretty decent and worthwhile, hopefully..

• Like 1

8 hours ago, joskeabzu said:

Just a tip, don't bother with Far Cry 2. I've played it (only SP) a long time ago on PC before I had any console. And it's just utter shit, hell I feel sorry for everyone who actually had to spend their time on that game :x. Well luckily I didn't bothered too much :'), I deleted the game the instant I finished the story lol. Well at least I enjoyed FC3 a lot more. Never gotten around FC4 and Far Cry Primal was just boring after a while and almost as worse as FC2 :/. Since Far Cry 5 is coming out soon I'd say go play/buy that. From what I've seen it look pretty decent and worthwhile, hopefully..

Everyone's opinion is different. Far Cry 2 is one of my favorite games of all time, and the game that brought me back into the gaming scene after an 18 year absence (Played it on PC, my 1st ever FPS....which led to me getting and Xbox 360, and than a PS3). I've played through the story quite a few times, it never fails to entertain. 

The trophies for online...those do suck though, and not something I'm going to bother with (Outside of what I've done) Did the grind on the 360....not gonna do it again. 

20 hours ago, simpgraus said:

its a major shame that we couldn't come together as a group and get this done,

There was nothing stopping you guys from getting involved in the booster community, joining DISCORD, and talking to people going for this trophy.

The people that did get it done helped others before their turn, and then payed it forward.  They got involved, were willing to help and work towards it and communicate. 

They posted scores, helped pitch in alts, tips, etc.

• Like 3

Thanks for your kind words guys, I have to admit that this game has taken over my life during the last week(s) - I can't leave home for long periods of time because I have to keep watching the consoles, resetting them (when they freeze) and reconnecting alts (when they disconnect). ? I am not even able to self-boost the games that I'd like to (or even play on any of my PS4s) because the consoles always have to be ready (and when nobody is boosting, they have to rest)! ? At least I managed to get :bronze: Bling Brigade last week, and during this week I'll definitely 'usurp' my consoles for a few hours, because I still have to do the remaining online Wipeout HD trophies, along with KZ2 Ribbon trophies, KZ3 base game online trophies and possibly Killzone 3 Multiplayer as well. :blush: Luckily I don't have to do any DLCs, because I just aims for :platinum:s, but still I am getting slightly nervous - there is not much time left! :S

However, I am really happy that both 'my' guys (@joust25 and @Ptirle) managed to make it (hopefully, if the trophy won't glitch) - and Ptirle actually secured the first place! D: Right now I am much happier than when I got the trophy myself! :wub: The cut-off point seems to have been 'only' 68.499, which was not that bad too! :) 

Additional congratulations go to the following guys: @ZeroGi, @HUKU117, @Ahmed_T_PLatinum @chucuchus - I am glad that you made it! ? Hopefully the ones of you who are going for it this week will be as successful! ?

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, DARKB1KE said:

There was nothing stopping you guys from getting involved in the booster community, joining DISCORD, and talking to people going for this trophy.

The people that did get it done helped others before their turn, and then payed it forward.  They got involved, were willing to help and work towards it and communicate. 

They posted scores, helped pitch in alts, tips, etc.

You're really rubbing salt in the wounds now, he actually nearly got the trophy and was 1 rank off being within the threshold. The cut off for this week was 63,608, so it just shows how bipolar this game's weeks have been, you expect a 100,000+ week then it's just in the 60,000s. Anyway, at least myself and @Platagonist managed to help 2 people with the trophy this week and they did succeed, as long as joust25 doesn't have the glitch. I have had a 100% success rate with all the people who came to me and got the help that they asked for, so I couldn't be more satisfied. Now I will only ever return to Killzone 2 to clean up the offline trophies that I need for it, but I will never play another multiplayer match for it again, I won't feel sorry for people in those last 2 weeks because they had many weeks to go for the trophy and finish it before the very end. 

• Like 3

Just now, Van-Helsings said:

time for a weekly update of cutoff @Sergen

In a previous post I did mention it, but it is a 63,608 cut off now, Rank 23/220 pages is within the top 1.05% and will get the trophy when they log in. I assume anyone who got over 90,000 who didn't try this week is probably kicking themselves because their score last week didn't qualify, while this week it would have been safe for the trophy. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sergen said:

In a previous post I did mention it, but it is a 63,608 cut off now, Rank 23/220 pages is within the top 1.05% and will get the trophy when they log in. I assume anyone who got over 90,000 who didn't try this week is probably kicking themselves because their score last week didn't qualify, while this week it would have been safe for the trophy. 

Just now, simpgraus said:

cut off was 68,499 so 22nd place

lmfao bipolar game. Was hoping to see a cutoff of 120k+

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Sergen said:

Updating post now. Cheers.

• Like 1