Here's how to earn Valor Grand Cross

Afro_Gear

4 minutes ago, Platagonist said:

Typical boosting day of Platagonist:

> turns on 6 consoles + PSNow on PC

> sets up the server, connects all alts to it, makes squads, adjusts turbo controllers

> console #1 freezes

> 5 minutes later (after resetting the PS3, launching game, re-connecting to the server, inviting it's alt to a squad) - console #2 freezes

> rinse and repeat

> 'You've been inactive and your game was turned off' (PSNow on PC)

> reconnects PSNow on PC, invites it's alt to a squad again

> 'You've lost connection to the server' (PS4)

> reconnects PS4, invites it's alt to a squad

> Let the boosting commence!

> 4 more freezes and 2 more disconnects later: 'I scored 32k today, let's check stats!'

> 14k saved

> ???

07302860.jpg

Well that is rather unlucky! I wonder if your PS3's are on their last legs? Mine never froze for KZ2. 

@Afro_Gear I'll quickly list you my PS3 consoles:

Pre-owned console #1 (Slim) - 10+ freezes: I got this one like a month ago together with a really well-worn controller, so I think this one might actually be broken in one way or another and I'll most likely ask for it's replacement considering that I have a 1-year warranty. 

But here comes the weird part:

Brand new console #1 (Slim) - 5 - 6 freezes: I bought this one in January this year and only used it with Platagonist, which is for like 30 hours only (prior to starting the KZ2 grind).

Brand new console #2 (Super Slim) - 2 freezes: Bought in April 2016 and I only used it for around 20 hours (before starting KZ2).

And the weirdest part:

Pre-owned console #2 (Slim) - 1 freeze: I bought it like 2 weeks ago and it sometimes does not read the discs, but it only crashed for the first time yesterday. This console has always been used as a host.

I tried stuff such as turning down heating (in case the consoles were over-heated) and dusting them (in case they were dirty) and nothing seems to have helped. :dunno:That's why I think this is a problem related to KZ2 (similar to Far Cry 2 in which the servers could also freeze your console), considering that the Brand New consoles really should not freeze and that the host has only freezed once. ? It's weird that nobody has had such problems before, but I am also pretty sure that nobody except of me has connected 7 clients from the very same IP (and from 3 different platforms), so even though that I have a close to none understanding of IT, at this point I am quite sure that it's the game/server-sided issue.

My PSNows on PC and PS4s (except of a few disconnects here and there) are fine - no console freezes whatsoever. 

5 hours ago, Platagonist said:

@Afro_Gear I'll quickly list you my PS3 consoles:

Pre-owned console #1 (Slim) - 10+ freezes: I got this one like a month ago together with a really well-worn controller, so I think this one might actually be broken in one way or another and I'll most likely ask for it's replacement considering that I have a 1-year warranty. 

But here comes the weird part:

Brand new console #1 (Slim) - 5 - 6 freezes: I bought this one in January this year and only used it with Platagonist, which is for like 30 hours only (prior to starting the KZ2 grind).

Brand new console #2 (Super Slim) - 2 freezes: Bought in April 2016 and I only used it for around 20 hours (before starting KZ2).

And the weirdest part:

Pre-owned console #2 (Slim) - 1 freeze: I bought it like 2 weeks ago and it sometimes does not read the discs, but it only crashed for the first time yesterday. This console has always been used as a host.

I tried stuff such as turning down heating (in case the consoles were over-heated) and dusting them (in case they were dirty) and nothing seems to have helped. :dunno:That's why I think this is a problem related to KZ2 (similar to Far Cry 2 in which the servers could also freeze your console), considering that the Brand New consoles really should not freeze and that the host has only freezed once. ? It's weird that nobody has had such problems before, but I am also pretty sure that nobody except of me has connected 7 clients from the very same IP (and from 3 different platforms), so even though that I have a close to none understanding of IT, at this point I am quite sure that it's the game/server-sided issue.

My PSNows on PC and PS4s (except of a few disconnects here and there) are fine - no console freezes whatsoever. 

The one you’ve got that doesn’t read discs, that’s the laser about to give up. Same problem I had. Exchange it ASAP if you have a warranty. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Platagonist said:

[..] but I am also pretty sure that nobody except of me has connected 7 clients from the very same IP (and from 3 different platforms) [...]

Our group leader does this every day. He says, he need at least 30 minutes to set up a hosted session because he also gets errors and freezes and so forth all the time. He reboots the consoles one after the other and opens new sessions until everything is running smoothly which may take some time. If there are finally no errors on a complete setup, the session can actually be quite stable and lasts for many hours.

• Like 1

Thanks a lot once again @derdimi, I assumed that I was the only one considering that I could not find anything about these issues anywhere in the forums. :blush:

That pretty much confirms my theory, so I am glad that my PS3s are fine - I might actually try to replace the one with the faulty laser instead! ^_^

I wish you guys a great night! :wave:

The leaderboards are completely screwed up.

HUKU is currently at the top of the leaderboards with 33K.  What happened to the astronomical scores?

I'm at 19 with 1K lol, but only 70 pages (700 players) are on the boards now, as opposed to the 1500 people on Thursday.

What is going on?

Did the game glitch, or do these idiots at Guerrilla have the nerve to ban people from the server for boosting?

X

3 hours ago, DARKB1KE said:

You've actually been asleep for 100 years.  The world now moved onto PS6000 and the KZ5 servers are shutting down soon, better get on that. 

WHAT. I’ve been meaning to play this game for 98 years. HOW DARE they shut the servers down after only 100 years. Disgraceful. 

• Like 2

The update has happened once again and the people promoting others to get 12,000 and stop the score were unsuccessful to get the trophy and only 3 people did stop their score at 12,000. Depending on how many alts they did make, they likely helped the person who got 101,244 get the trophy, that was the cut off point this week and there were 231 pages on the leaderboards, I guess some people did add 300 more accounts to the game. As it currently stands, the only way you can guarantee you'll get the trophy is by getting a very high score during the week, no amount of alt accounts will help you get it, it will only maybe help the last person get it because the game has a leniency for anyone who is within the top 1.05%. 

Edited by Sergen
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Sergen said:

The update has happened once again and the people promoting others to get 12,000 and stop the score were unsuccessful to get the trophy and only 3 people did stop their score at 12,000.

Yeah it was an expiriment that failed but at least they tried. Shout out to ,@MC_MAY_DIE and @Platagonist for getting VGC. Finally over, huh? I am now going through my Elite playthrough... so close to the platinum!

• Like 1

Now I've reported 3 people that'd hacked VGC trophy. Each week there will be one person that hack the trophy. Thanks to @Sergen for archiving the leaderboard.

Anyone that's interested in weeding out these filthy hackers, check out this Weekly leaderboard archive created by Sergen and check out "Latest Achiever" of VGC, anyone who didn't listed on the leaderboard somehow miraculously got the trophy, report their filthy hacker asses (be sure to double check before reporting their trophies to avoid false accusations). 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

Now I've reported 3 people that'd hacked VGC trophy. Each week there will be one person that hack the trophy. Thanks to @Sergen for archiving the leaderboard.

Anyone that's interested in weeding out these filthy hackers, check out this Weekly leaderboard archive created by Sergen and check out "Latest Achiever" of VGC, anyone who didn't listed on the leaderboard somehow miraculously got the trophy, report their filthy hacker asses (be sure to double check before reporting their trophies to avoid false accusations). 

Here's a partial archive from when I earned it incase @Sergen can save it somewhere. Week of 1/7-1/14.

https://ibb.co/dPuATS
https://ibb.co/hrhav7

Edited by Afro_Gear

4 minutes ago, TheLakota said:

Wow, that's serious business. I hope they get the chair. 

Of course it's a serious business ?because people who actually boosted this digital valueless trophy went through multiple anxiety attacks throughout the week of boosting while those guys just happily whipped out their CFW console and hack the trophy. xo

7 hours ago, MSIA_pokwee said:

If their flag gets lifted like what happened earlier this year to that person, u can also report them on the other board site at  psntrophyleaders btw

Edited by oOMementoMoriOo

12 minutes ago, oOMementoMoriOo said:

If their flag gets lifted like what happened earlier this year to that person, u can also report them on the other board site at  psntrophyleaders btw

Oh yeah I remember that guy, he's lucky that his name was on the leaderboard and his points was very close to that week's cutoff. Not sure if these 3 guys will get their flag lifted tho because their name wasn't even on the leaderboard so they can't use the same excuse "oh I got lucky the trophy glitched on me in a good way huhuhu" like that lucky dude.

• Like 1

A few tips to those who are stil hunting this son of a b.... trophy

play body count on the Tharsis Depot( I did it with 4 ps3, I was ISA, the 3 meat shells was Helghast)

The one that need the trophy SHOULD NOT BE THE HOST, the first day i was the host, at the end of the day i had under 33% of points/gametime (registered) compare to the otter 3 ps3's so you should never host with The profil that needs the trophy.

if the host gets a dc you should leave the game after that round and remake the game. they way i played to get the most registered games was by playing 9 games in a row and then look at stats and go out of warzone and back on the leadeboard.

Somtimes that would make it register one more game if you do that a few times, and otter thing is that we made sure that the games was over before the 55s marke that seemde to make it register 7-8 games out of 9 everytime, if you get under the 50s marke it feels like it only register 5-6 games out of 9.

Of course you need the ribbens to get max xp out of your games, if you have them and you go for headshots you sould get 300 after a game (that is with the 1,5 bonus), you should stop shoting when the game ends and not try to get the last few kills as that seems to make the round not count.

You should set a goal of minimum 125k that you should have at the end of the week, you should divide this over the week and make a minimum score you should get everday and try to get 10% more then that in case of a bad day or an otter unforeseen event.

DON'T GIVE UP...

I wise you all luck, and hope this can help you

25 minutes ago, MC_MAY_DIE said:

and otter thing is that we made sure that the games was over before the 55s marke that seemde to make it register 7-8 games out of 9 everytime, if you get under the 50s marke it feels like it only register 5-6 games out of 9.

What does it mean?

It all depends on luck, I was doing it the completely opposite way @MC_MAY_DIE:

1.) I have not been checking the leaderboards, it seemed like a waste of time to me. I only checked them after I scored 15 - 30k in-game.

2.) When the round ended, I made sure that I got at least one more kill after the game said that I had won.

However, I agree with these things - don't be the host on your main and if your host crashes, re-make the room! I am pretty sure that the cause of my low Thursday 14/32k score was the host crashing - it was the first and last time when that console froze, sadly I did not bother remaking the server. :facepalm:

And yes, shorter games register much better! At first my set-up was 5 minutes with Unlimited kills, but once I switched to 3 mins and 50 kills, my percentage of saved games really improved. Also, make sure that you finish the game before the timer runs out! (in my case I managed to get 50 kills in like 2:30 - 2:50 minutes against 7 alts) ?

All those "tips" has been discussed a zillion times. In the end, it's completely random and luck based whether the round gets counted for you or not. Our group is always making kills until the very end of the round, even after the time has run out (it refers to the bodycount mission only, not to kills in general). Obviously shorter rounds are better, because the more rounds you play the more syncing attempts with the server which leads to a higher chance of points getting counted. Reset your room/session if you get any errors. And that's pretty much all you have to consider.

Edited by derdimi
  • Like 2