Crown question

cjl73185

Well after my 18th Great Jagras hunt I finally got my first first Gold crown. 1375.98. All I've been doing is just completing the same investigation over and over got it on either my 4th or 5th go at it. Now to see if I can get lucky enough to get the small crown and put 1 monster out of the way.

Edited by nazareth357

44 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

Well after my 18th Great Jagras hunt I finally got my first first Gold crown. 1375.98. All I've been doing is just completing the same investigation over and over got it on either my 4th or 5th go at it. Now to see if I can get lucky enough to get the small crown and put 1 monster out of the way.

Do you do HR investigations? Is it tempered?

I want try it on great jagras now too.

EDIT : My first Investigation gave me a mini crown for jagras , btw my very first one. For me its almost given now that Investigations have higher chance for Crowns.

Im not first one getting crown on investigations, but im 80h in , not a single small or gold big crown , now i start farming investigations and get in on my first one?

Here some Data maybe it helps : its 6star , Hunt Great jagras , 2silver+1gold reward , 50 min 3faints. Upsurge: Bonepiles. Even if all this infos dont matter , its maybe not bad to collect some data.

Edited by Xionx

57 minutes ago, Xionx said:

EDIT : My first Investigation gave me a mini crown for jagras , btw my very first one. For me its almost given now that Investigations have higher chance for Crowns.

Im not first one getting crown on investigations, but im 80h in , not a single small or gold big crown , now i start farming investigations and get in on my first one?

Here some Data maybe it helps : its 6star , Hunt Great jagras , 2silver+1gold reward , 50 min 3faints. Upsurge: Bonepiles. Even if all this infos dont matter , its maybe not bad to collect some data.

It was 6☆HR, 1 bronze 1 silver 1 gold, 30 minutes, 3 faints, and Flourishing Gathering Points. Good job on your first mini crown! Still abusing lizards for my 2nd one. My first mini crown was a Tempered Paolumu 9☆ investigation got it on my 2nd try.

Edited by nazareth357

2 hours ago, Xionx said:

What was the size for your small crown for the Jagras?

13 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

What was the size for your small crown for the Jagras?

great jagras : small crown 998.69 

So i guess under 1000 is crown? just an idea.

Funny story , i was hunting great jagras for big gold crown in invastigations , and there was a stupid Bazelgeuse (like always in HR -.-) BUT i had the feeling it was way way bigger than normal , hard to say if you dont ave second one near to compare, but after a while you get little bit feeling of size.  So i killed it , just to see if my feeling was right , ignoring the jagras for a while. It was gold crown bazelgeuse!!! . So one crown less farming on this stupid flying bomber. makes me happy :)

29 minutes ago, Xionx said:

great jagras : small crown 998.69 

So i guess under 1000 is crown? just an idea.

Funny story , i was hunting great jagras for big gold crown in invastigations , and there was a stupid Bazelgeuse (like always in HR -.-) BUT i had the feeling it was way way bigger than normal , hard to say if you dont ave second one near to compare, but after a while you get little bit feeling of size.  So i killed it , just to see if my feeling was right , ignoring the jagras for a while. It was gold crown bazelgeuse!!! . So one crown less farming on this stupid flying bomber. makes me happy :)

You are kidding me I killed my 30th Jagras and it was 1009 -_-

That's lucky for the Beetlejuice I still have to do his HR29 mission. I'm hoping experience does like the other cap in the story and just accrues it until you clear the mission. I've been sitting on it for awhile.

Edited by nazareth357

1 minute ago, nazareth357 said:

You are kidding me I killed my 30th Jagras and it was 1009 -_-

That's lucky for the Beetlejuice I still have to do his HR29 mission. I'm hoping experience does like the other cap in the story and just accrues it until you clear the mission. I've been sitting on it for awhile.

I can help you on the double bazlegeuse fight if you want , and yes exp still goes up. i jumped from 29 to 34 after clearing this mission.

I catched both , 10% less fighting at the end xD . And keep dung-shooting the other one away , fighting both at same time is awefull.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Xionx said:

I can help you on the double bazlegeuse fight if you want , and yes exp still goes up. i jumped from 29 to 34 after clearing this mission.

I catched both , 10% less fighting at the end xD . And keep dung-shooting the other one away , fighting both at same time is awefull.

Thanks for the offer, but where I'm staying at right now doesnt get any good internet service, so I just choose to not pay for it until I get to a better location.

1 minute ago, nazareth357 said:

Thanks for the offer, but where I'm staying at right now doesnt get any good internet service, so I just choose to not pay for it until I get to a better location.

Np , offer stays up as long as you want . I 99% play alone. Sometimes i help some friends out but i like hunting on my own pace.

• Like 1

89 hours into the game:

Silver Large: 14
Gold Large: 1
Mini: 0

I think my issue is that I am stuck in two minds part of me wants to grind the same monster over and over but the other part of me wants to get to HR rank 99 sooner rather then later so I keeo going back from weak monsters to grind and then doing a run of elder dragons.

4 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

89 hours into the game:

Silver Large: 14
Gold Large: 1
Mini: 0

I think my issue is that I am stuck in two minds part of me wants to grind the same monster over and over but the other part of me wants to get to HR rank 99 sooner rather then later so I keeo going back from weak monsters to grind and then doing a run of elder dragons.

I think your mind set is good I just hunted my 37th Jargras and still haven't got his Mini

It’s pretty safe to say at this point that investigations are much more likely if not the only quests to give you gold crowns. If the star level or monsters being tempered plays a role remains to be seen. I’d guess that the spawn rate for either type of gold crown is around 2-3%, maybe higher.

Edited by Happy

2 hours ago, Happy said:

It’s pretty safe to say at this point that investigations are much more likely if not the only quests to give you gold crowns. If the star level or monsters being tempered plays a role remains to be seen. I’d guess that the spawn rate for either type of gold crown is around 2-3%, maybe higher.

I have to agree and it also seems that playing single player or offline might not effect it at all. A lot of posts on other sites are saying they are getting them on both offline and online.

39 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

I wonder if speedrun the mission have anything to do with it

If going off past titles in the series is anything to go by then nope it will not effect it.

Another small but handy note, if you slay a monster in a capture mission it will still count, Just got a silver crown by hitting it one too many times :D

46 minutes ago, qwerty407 said:

I wonder if speedrun the mission have anything to do with it

Not really because you can see if a monster is bigger or smaller when you fight it . Its not something that get rolled at end of mission. Is sometimes hard to tell but you can defenitly see the difference.

31 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Not really because you can see if a monster is bigger or smaller when you fight it . Its not something that get rolled at end of mission. Is sometimes hard to tell but you can defenitly see the difference.

Yeah after 53 Jagras I'll just go into a mission and know that they are way too big, I haven't seen very many small tbh, maybe about 2 that could've been small enough including the 1009 one. I beat the HR29 mission btw I finished upgrading my armor after I got the gold and am sitting around 400 something defense right now, so it helped a lot. Beetlejuices also seem really ease to capture for some reason as well, doesn't seem like it takes much.

2 hours ago, swweet said:

Friend of mine started shouting about how he got a small crown from a Vaal Hazak while I was busy grinding Black Diablos. Wish I had joined his hunt!

This... Would be painful news to hear if it was me.
Well time to play this game like it should be, Get weapons and armor that is suited for each monster (Starting with the bigger monsters first)

Are these tiny/big monsters different visually? Or the difference is only seen in numbers on result screen?

I have this really silly idea of taking the screenshot, checking the size with paper ruler and abandoning the mission if it's too close to default size.

Not very gamey, but faster than killing 100 elder dragons of each type.