Crown question

cjl73185

24 minutes ago, LordNEET said:

Yes, but monster size depends on missions.

So say you have a Dragon with Gold crown size of 1500m and a small crown of 670m.

Only certain missions have a chance of spawning 1500m and others 670m. 

So if a 670m dragon can only be spawned on missions 2,3,4 of a 6 star mission you will never find the small crown even if you play other missions 10,000 times. 

Size isn't dependant of Rank, it's dependant of certain missions, then RNG in those missions.

So it's entirely possible to get a gold large crown on a rank 2 mission and a small crown on a rank 6 as long as those are the missions with the size parameters for that monster.

What should be done here is people start recording missions when they get a crown and report it here so we know which missions spawn monster crown sizes.

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Do you want to do this if not, I will do it.

8 minutes ago, skroq said:

Yeah, sounds like a good idea. Do you want to do this if not, I will do it.

All my crowns have come from investigations, given you can unlock up to 250 at a time and can have 20+ missions with the same hunt, time limit and even rewards this could be hard to track at times. Not to mention each players investigation list will not be the same.

I can confirm that it indeed has to be a golden crown to count for the trophy (except for the first trophy for small and big crowns). I've got 16 big crowns so far and didn't get the trophy for ten big crowns. So it's either glitched really bad (no one seems to have obtained this trophy yet) or you must obtain golden crowns. That's pretty bad news if you ask me.

Btw I am more than 100 hours in and still haven't got any small crown. They will be a pain in the ass especially if it has to be gold crowns...

1 minute ago, NTN_JOSHY said:

how do you even check your crowns?

It shows in your hunter book if you look at the individual monsters it will shows largest and smallest size hunted, then a crown to the left of the numbers if you've got one. Or just in a nice list for all the monsters in your guild card like mentioned above, 5th page iirc. 

• Like 2

I believe trophy for 10 giant crowns is glitched. There is very little chance that all those people who bought this game haven't got this by now. I saw yt vids of ppl killing hard monsters under 2 minutes, so we have pros out there who probably kill like 50 monsters a day.

1 hour ago, Demon--Prototype said:

Massive respect to @skroq for taking on this game with his monster completion rate, you're a beast man!

yeah, I think it was stupid on my part, but thanks :) I really like this game and always wanted to have a long/hard plat, but didn't think I will step in that much of a b*tch

• Like 2

Maybe we are looking at this the wrong way, maybe we were meant to get the first big crown trophy for our first Gold crown, maybe it was the one that got coded wrong, and why it unlocks for a silver crown. Purely speculation thought, until we hear from someone who as gathered 10 gold crowns.

Well ladies and gents, I just got my first Small crown, a Tempered Paolumu Investigation, comes in at 1017.59. It was also my second time doing the investigation. With Fisty's above comment, it could mean that Tempered quests do in fact have a higher chance of mini and king sized monsters. (Added) It might also help our data collecting to say that the T. Investigation was also where I got my first silver crown for Paolumu.

Edited by nazareth357
Add info
  • Like 2

23 minutes ago, nazareth357 said:

Well ladies and gents, I just got my first Small crown, a Tempered Paolumu Investigation, comes in at 1017.59. It was also my second time doing the investigation. With Fisty's above comment, it could mean that Tempered quests do in fact have a higher chance of mini and king sized monsters. (Added) It might also help our data collecting to say that the T. Investigation was also where I got my first silver crown for Paolumu.

I want to test this some more but the only Tempered mission I can actually start is a 15 minute time mission on a Monster I found annoying in the story mode. Due to this I have only done SOS ones so far.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

I want to test this some more but the only Tempered mission I can actually start is a 15 minute time mission on a Monster I found annoying in the story mode. Due to this I have only done SOS ones so far.

You'll find a decent one eventually, I've just been spending time in expeditions picking up whatever trails I see. Funnily enough I've spent most of my time in ancient forest trying to get wyvern gems from Tobi, but both of my tempered quests have been for Paolumu. My first one was a T. Paolumu along with a Pink Rathian in 30 minutes which is decent, but the second one was just a T. Paolumu in 50 minutes so it was an optimal one to test.

Edited by nazareth357

1 hour ago, aZombieDictator said:

I got a tiny crown on nergi. At 60 hours and that was the only tiny crown I've gotten so far.

Ah I missed out, Been farming for the Nergigante Gem (With no luck) for the past 6+ hours.
However congrats on getting one of the longer battles done.

Edited by fisty123

3 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

I got a tiny crown on nergi. At 60 hours and that was the only tiny crown I've gotten so far.

Nice! That's a good catch! So far the only thing for Elders I've gotten is a Silver crown for Vaal Hazak (probably my favorite monster in this one.)

2 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Ah I missed out, Been farming for the Nergigante Gem (With no luck) for the past 6+ hours.

I need the gem for the rank 8 Nergy Charge Blade, but he infuriates me so much, I think I'd go crazy fighting him for 6+ hours lol. He just always chooses when I have my axe form out to do his dive bomb, and I can't switch to my shield in time.

5 hours ago, aZombieDictator said:

Do you remember if that mission was an assignment, optional or an investigation?

I’ve gotten my only tiny crown from an investigation myself so i’m looking to find more data on this.

Edited by Happy

6 hours ago, fisty123 said:

I got my nergi gem in like the 6th kill from the gold investigation reward. Definitely using the gem in a weapon. Don't really need the full set of armor. Also here's the small nergi, I just realized I actually recorded it. Crown was from an investigation.

Edited by aZombieDictator
  • Like 2