They should increase the tiny crown spawn chance

Nucle377

Interesting update from PowerPyx 

Hey guys,
I need your help testing something!

There is a huge difference between amount of people who earned 1 miniature crown (2,2%) and 1 giant crown (56%).
My THEORY is that miniature crowns are from tempered monsters only, which spawn in the endgame on high-rank.

If one of you finds a miniature crown, please leave a comment (or send me an email using the contact form or direct message on Twitter) so we can collect data and figure out if there’s more to it or if it’s completely RNG. If it is completely random it’ll be a 1000 hour platinum.

Kek.

Edited by Nucle377

6 minutes ago, Xionx said:

I dont think they have to change anything. Yes its grindy , yes it random . But what is the problem with that? you want the plat than grind it , you dont want to grind than play quicker games.

But thats only my opinion.

Genius logic. Always come somybody like you. Yes, i want platinum, but don't want to rot in this game and become crazy.

And do you understand that not everyone has 1000+ hours for killing same monsters again and again for nothing ? This is not the only game in this year and definitely not the last game in the world.

Edited by Nucle377
  • Like 3

3 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

Genius logic. Always come somybody like you. Yes, i want platinum, but don't want to rot in this game and become crazy.

And do you understand that not everyone has 1000+ hours for killing same monsters again and again for nothing ? This is not the only game in this year and definitely not the last game in the world.

Yeah and why should everyone get the Platinum? No, the problem is that people like you  dont want spend time or effort want everything for free.

Next we suggest that capcom should give the crows as login bonus?

MH is genre you that is famouse for grinding it for many many hours . And im fine with a plat that shows exactly that . You get it when you spend lot of time playing it.

If you dont like that than buy some VN.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

Yeah,but platinum won't give you actually anything right? Take Mortal Kombat for example. They should nerf my kung fu is stronger trophy to lets say 10% of what it is right now becouse " This is not the only game in this year and definitely not the last game in the world" and becouse you " want platinum, but don't want to rot in this game and become crazy"

I have not started MH yet but i don't want them to increase any drops. They decided when making list that this platinum will be awarded for time and dedication. You don't like it and wan't them to change it so it will suit you. Why won't you just skip it if you know you don't want to farm it?

Edited by yoszek

9 minutes ago, Gage said:

Well, you probably shouldn't have bought a Monster Hunter game because unless I'm mistaken the entire intent of the game is killing the same monsters again and again for hundreds and hundreds of hours. 

Not every trophy needs to be handed to you, sorry this one is one you'll have to put in effort for. 

Do not bend.Everything must have reasonable limits.

3 minutes ago, SaltyCatRemi said:

You bought a Monster Hunter game, a game series known for killing the same monsters and grinding for ages and you complain about having to grind by killing the same monsters?

I'm fine with killing monsters again and again. I'm not fine with this random! Now it is clear ?

Edited by Nucle377
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Nucle377 said:

Do not bend.Everything must have reasonable limits.

I'm fine with killing monsters again and again. I'm not fine with this random! Now it is clear ?

But you are fine with random?  In your first post you said they should increase the drop rate, that would still be random would it not?  I can understand the dislike of random trophies, just like I have a strong dislike of online trophies, but that does not mean that anything should change.  A platinum trophy is not a right of the gamer, it is something you earn.  Not everyone has the skill or the time to earn them, but that is kind of the whole point.  Just because you bought the game, does not mean the game needs to bend to you and make the platinum 'easier' or 'quicker'.  It very well might mean that you just cannot get it (like I will probably never achieve the Super Meat Boy platinum).

1 hour ago, Nucle377 said:

Then don't get the platinum and move on? It's not the end of the world if you don't get the platinum.

• Like 1

Monster Hunter games HAVE always been a timesink and all of a sudden the 9th or 10th NA release comes along and you complain its too long? Its the 9th or 10th entry, you KNEW what you were getting into. I'm happy its 1000 hours if it is. 

Edited by LordNEET
Spelling.

14 minutes ago, Beyondthegrave07 said:

Then don't get the platinum and move on? It's not the end of the world if you don't get the platinum.

Pretty much the way it'll have to be. As a seasoned Monster Hunter player, the minute I saw the crowns trophies I kind of did a soft lol at those who thought this platinum was going to be a walk in the park and sub-200 hours (which includes PowerPyx, who called it easy in his list reveal, even if he acknowledged that it would take a bit of time).

These games are not known for being forgiving to completionist, and if you are going to do the unthinkable and see even a fraction of what these games offer, including this one which removes some of the stuff from the handheld games, then you are going to be sinking hundreds-if-not-a-thousand hours into this game much like everyone else over the years. Just go take a gander at other forums from the previous games, and see how much time so people plug into these games. And yes, that means doing the same repetitive tasks and killing the same monsters.

TLDR -- we had this discussion with Mein Leben on the ethics of developers and trophies. You either put in the time and effort or don't.

• Like 1

So, I have a question. For these "mini-crowns", is there any actual skill involved in getting them, or is this purely a time sink?

The arguments presented here seem to hinge on the idea that to get any trophy, you put in your time, and you don't complain. That argument is lame in a vacuum. Would you make the same argument for this (hypothetical) trophy?

7L5fdc5a.png

Grind It out! 

Leave this game on for 100,000 hours

12 minutes ago, starcrunch061 said:

So, I have a question. For these "mini-crowns", is there any actual skill involved in getting them, or is this purely a time sink?

The arguments presented here seem to hinge on the idea that to get any trophy, you put in your time, and you don't complain. That argument is lame in a vacuum. Would you make the same argument for this (hypothetical) trophy?

7L5fdc5a.png

Grind It out! 

Leave this game on for 100,000 hours

You still have to kill the monster. Some of them are not that easy to kill. Not impossible but tricky.  I have killed all large monster solo, but it doesnt mean it was super easy.  So its not only letting the game running wait until trophy pops.

Let it be said that even without going for the platinum and just going for doing all the quest and crafting all the gear, you will be playing hundreds of hours.

In MH3U on the Wii U I put a bit over 300 hours into my save and I was still a long shot away from "completing" it. (I use the term completing loosely in this context)

2 hours ago, Gage said:

Well, you probably shouldn't have bought a Monster Hunter game because unless I'm mistaken the entire intent of the game is killing the same monsters again and again for hundreds and hundreds of hours. 

Not every trophy needs to be handed to you, sorry this one is one you'll have to put in effort for. 

There is no effort in RNG, dear.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sicho said:

Let it be said that even without going for the platinum and just going for doing all the quest and crafting all the gear, you will be playing hundreds of hours.

In MH3U on the Wii U I put a bit over 300 hours into my save and I was still a long shot away from "completing" it. (I use the term completing loosely in this context)

Man, this is lie. You can complete everything in MHW in 80-100 hours, including all side-quests, arenas and investigation. You will get ~ 47 trophies and then will begin real grind asain random festival with infinite of wasted hours for fuc***g crowns.

Edited by Nucle377

2 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

Man, this is lie. You can complete everything in MHW in 80-100 hours, including all side quests, arenas and investigation. You will get ~ 47 trophies and then will begin real grind random festival with infinite of wasted hours for fuc***g crowns.

I am curious how you can know this when you yourself only have 15 of the trophies...

12 minutes ago, stupid0089 said:

I am curious how you can know this when you yourself only have 15 of the trophies...

Because Capcom said long time ago, that you will need 40-50 hours (in fact, much less) to finish the story.Then you can combine a lot of trophies which requires 50 completed arenas, investigations with 100 online missions (you can do everything in co-op in this game from start and everything will count). You can definitely get almost everything in 100 hours, except of stupid grind. Only 100 hunter rank (not scary) and crowns will stop you from the platinum.

Please, use your brain.

Edited by Nucle377

4 minutes ago, Nucle377 said:

Because Capcom said long time ago, that you will need 40-50 hours (in fact, much less) to finish the story.Then you can combine a lot of trophies which requires 50 completed arenas, investigations with 100 online missions (you can do everything in co-op in this game from start). You can definitely get almost everything in 100 hours, except of stupid grind. Please, use your brain.

Than just stop the game after the story .   Most people dont buy a MH for story . The real game always started after the story , real grind always started after the story. Nothing different in MHW only that you get Trophies now. Ingame Archivements on 3DS games were nuts aswell.

• Like 1