They should increase the tiny crown spawn chance

Nucle377

8 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Than just stop the game after the story .   Most people dont buy a MH for story . The real game always started after the story , real grind always started after the story. Nothing different in MHW only that you get Trophies now. Ingame Archivements on 3DS games were nuts aswell.

Man, ffs. I can easy to handle grind, but sense ? Reason of grinding the crowns ? For small picture in you diary, which give you nothing ? No special craft elements, no new equipment, nothing. Only picture and trophy. I can play in many others games for this 500-1000 hours, which gives me more than nothing, wasted time and nerves because of stupid asian random. You will hate this game after 1000 hours, trust me.

Edited by Nucle377

2 minutes ago, Satoshi Ookami said:

This is Monster Hunter, though.

You are expected to pour hundreds of hours into it o.o

Enough to write this bullshit. This is a stupid game design and gameplay time stretching. And this is not an F2P game.

Edited by Nucle377

4 minutes ago, Xionx said:

Wow ^_^ its so funny that you say how useless a trophy and image is but you also complain that you cant have this useless trophy?

I can. But i dont' waste so much time for this. Every month new and good games come out. Why should I miss them and sit rotting because of useless crowns ?

Because Capcom thought it will be interesting and fun ? No, it will not.

Edited by Nucle377

1 minute ago, Nucle377 said:

I can. But i dont' waste so much time for this. Every month new and good games come out. Why should I miss them and sit rotting because of useless crowns ?

People who play so many hours og MH dont see it as time waste and have fun hunting . If you dont enjoy it than dont do it , but please stop crying because you cant have every plat for free. When i reach point were i dont have fun anymore than i stop and accept the fact im not getting the plat. 

Also its first week. Monster hunter can be played over years. Some people still play older ones.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Xionx said:

People who play so many hours og MH dont see it as time waste and have fun hunting . If you dont enjoy it than dont do it , but please stop crying because you cant have every plat for free. When i reach point were i dont have fun anymore than i stop and accept the fact im not getting the plat. 

Also its first week. Monster hunter can be played over years. Some people still play older ones.

Zzz...

Boo-hoo. As people are saying - it's a Monster Hunter game and grinding should be a given.

I'd even say they should have added "Collect every weapon / armor" trophies (similar to Toukiden).

I always find it weird when people "make topics" or create petitions towards developers. Ain't nobody got time for that! gonna change anything for you.

• Like 1

This is reminding me more and more of a certain other thread... *cough* Mein leben *cough*

I'm not a big fan of RNG, especially if the chances are as low as they seem to be in this game, but I don't think every game needs to have a platinum that can be earned in a reasonable amount of time. Like others have mentioned, this is a Monster Hunter game, and veterans of the series are known for sinking hundreds of hours into each title. What better way to reward such dedication than with a platinum trophy? These aren't the kind of games you play for 50 hours and then move onto the next thing.

I'm the sort of person who likes going for the platinum in every game they play, so I understand where you're coming from, but it really isn't the end of the world if you decide it's just not worth the effort. If you care that much about 100% completion, you should have probably waited until more was known about the trophy requirements before you started playing. Of course that just means you'll end up missing out on some great games, though.

• Like 1

Anyone complaining should be grateful. There is around 30 monsters to get miniature crowns for in this game. That is nothing besides 4U for example, where there was around 80 to get it for. It also had a more extravagant award list with regards to "high value" weapons and armour. Let me tell you that you're getting off lightly. Not that you should be complaining anyway. As an avid MH fan since day 1, it is truly a blessing to get a game where every moment is fun with such an open ceiling ?

• Like 3

Between the glitched trophy/Gold crowns talk this will be one hell of a grind, however if you speak to Monster Hunter fans most said the plat will be way over 500 hours some said even over 1000.

I can tell you one thing in the past Capcom did events on the 3DS versions and these events sometimes were announced with something like “25% chance of getting a small crown” This was not for every event but it took place from time to time.

A final note on Monster Hunter tri people have put in way over 1000 Hours and never got all the crowns. Given Capcom know this I can not see them changing the % ratio on small crowns.

I have played most of the Monster Hunter games but never took the crown thing serious I just played it for fun, But I knew that this plat was going to be bad before I started the game.

6 hours ago, Skadoki said:

Boo-hoo. As people are saying - it's a Monster Hunter game and grinding should be a given.

I'd even say they should have added "Collect every weapon / armor" trophies (similar to Toukiden).

Oi... This is just pure evil, But the game almost makes you collect all the material for each item anyway. but still evil I say :D

Edited by fisty123

12 hours ago, Nucle377 said:

Because Capcom said long time ago, that you will need 40-50 hours (in fact, much less) to finish the story.Then you can combine a lot of trophies which requires 50 completed arenas, investigations with 100 online missions (you can do everything in co-op in this game from start and everything will count). You can definitely get almost everything in 100 hours, except of stupid grind. Only 100 hunter rank (not scary) and crowns will stop you from the platinum.

Please, use your brain.

Define f.ex. "completed arena". Just beating an arena quest? Or beating it with the best rank with EVERY SET AVAILABLE for that arena quest?

Completing means completing means doing absolutely EVERYTHING!

Yes, you just need to "beat" 50 arena quests for the trophy. But if you want to COMPLETE the game (regardless of trophies), you will be in for the looooooong run.

Case in point you only need 100 or so investigations for the trophy but there are many, many more investigations in the game, especially if you play all of them as often as they can be played (some 2 times, some 5 times etc.)

Completion (in the real sense of the world), of this game will take ages.

And those who will go for completion will probably "stumble" upon the crown trophies etc. after some time.

Edited by Sicho

1 minute ago, Sicho said:

Define f.ex. "completed arena". Just beating an arena quest? Or beating it with the best rank with EVERY SET AVAILABLE for that arena quest?

Completing means completing means doing absolutely EVERYTHING!

Yes, you just neat to "beat" 50 arena quests for the trophy. But if you want to COMPLETE the game (regardless of trophies), you will be in for the looooooong run.

Case in point you only need 100 or so investigations for the trophy but there are many, many more investigations in the game, especially if you play all of them as often as they can be played (some 2 times, some 5 times etc.)

Completion (in the real sense of the world), of this game will take ages.

And those who will go for completion will probably "stumble" upon the crown trophies etc. after some time.

Investigations, like Guild Quests from MH4U, are RNG quests. They can't really count for "completing" the game, really.

3 minutes ago, swweet said:

Investigations, like Guild Quests from MH4U, are RNG quests. They can't really count for "completing" the game, really.

If the quest log can never be empty, than a game can never be complete :D /s

1 minute ago, Sicho said:

If the quest log can never be empty, than a game can never be complete :D /s

True, but for all intents and purposes the game can be "completed" by fighting all the monsters, finishing all the assigned, optional, and event quests, and crafting all the equipment.

Still a metric fuckton of time necessary, though.

is this another mein leben thread? Capcom might be lenient with us here, I remember fighting a tiny ass Uragraan as a special event quest in monster hunter tri as well as a tiny ass Yian kut ku in I believe monster hunter 4 ultimate as also a special event monster. So it leaves me to believe  they might release an event or events that you fight tiny af monsters in the future.  

btw whoever's complaining, y'all are weak, this is a monster hunter game, it's been like almost a week and already up in arms about not getting the platinum trophy already.

Edited by wackt1
  • Like 2

16 hours ago, ThatMuttGuy said:

I got my first mini crown from a HR investigation multi-hunt (Anjanath + Great Jagras). So it's just random. 

But...they will probably release a bunch of mini monster event quests later on. Even if they don't, it's Monster Hunter. I'm going to get the plat eventually. 

What HR level was the quest?

I'm not sure why we are fighting as we have not confirmed officially how the crown system works.
The large crowns seem to be in a prize pool immediatly in the game but the small crowns aren't.
I say this because if they were just a lower % in the same pool some random by now would of got a small crown on the first Great Jagras he killed and that hasn't happened.

So clearly we don't have 100% design on how we are being rewarded crowns. My assumption is they won't be too much harder than large crowns once we find the requirements for them to enter the prize pool after a capture or kill.

I personally have have over 10 crowns in 50hrs of play, sometimes I just get a second large crown.
I've gotten crowns most often when soloing and doing SOS quests.
We don't know but maybe being a good person or a solo hero increases the chances :P

10 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Between the glitched trophy/Gold crowns talk this will be one hell of a grind, however if you speak to Monster Hunter fans most said the plat will be way over 500 hours some said even over 1000.

Wait what? Glitched trophy? What glitched trophy (maybe I've missed it somewhere where it's stated).

On topic: I don't mind to hunt countless of monsters just for getting the last trophies. besides CAPCOM will keep adding content  (for at least a year I think) so if you're done with hunting the same monsters over and over just go for another monster or even another game if the time you have to put in this game bothers you too much. 

I kinda like these trophy lists because not everyone will get the platinum for these games because, as people say in this thread, you need to put effort in it and not getting the platinum pretty much effortless. If you want quick platinums just go for VN's or that mayonaise game. Just enjoy this beautiful (imo maybe my GOTY ?) game and remember: Prepare, Kill, Collect, Craft and Repeat!

Happy Hunting Everyone! 

20 hours ago, Nucle377 said:

Genius logic. Always come somybody like you. Yes, i want platinum, but don't want to rot in this game and become crazy.

And do you understand that not everyone has 1000+ hours for killing same monsters again and again for nothing ? This is not the only game in this year and definitely not the last game in the world.

Its not the only one with a platinum either.  Some platinum's will require many hours, some will require a lot of skill, some will be ridiculously easy.  Monster Hunter Worlds platinum is quite clearly for dedicated players of the game and that is absolutely fine.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, QrazorQ said:

Wait what? Glitched trophy? What glitched trophy (maybe I've missed it somewhere where it's stated).

10 Large (silver) crowns is not unlocking the 10 crown trophy so the thought is either its glitched or the 10+ trophies require you to get Gold crown trophies.