Bethesda - Game breaking bugs

Naughty Dog - Boring and awkwardly long climbing segments

Ubisoft - Copy pasta sequels and moar bugs

Capcom - On disc DLC and overall disappointment

EA - Loot boxes and cut content "DLC"

Edited by ExHaseo
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, jrdemr said:

Well, you're just a ray of sunshine, ain't ya?

It's obviously a joke. Also, way to pick on me specifically when the immediate previous post was the exact same kind of post. If you don't want to see what I post, then feel free to block me.

28 minutes ago, ExHaseo said:

It's obviously a joke. Also, way to pick on me specifically when the immediate previous post was the exact same kind of post. If you don't want to see what I post, then feel free to block me.

Mine was obviously also a joke. (To be perfectly honest, yours wasn't that obvious). It's just that your post was so negative that I really couldn't help myself.

Just don't take my response so seriously. I really meant nothing by it and I obviously have no interest in blocking you. I actually really like your contributions to the forums.

Square Enix - Pour most of their resources into Final Fantasy games. Make them good to half assed. Primarily a RPG developer, can't say too much bad about them since I'm not really a fan of JRPGs.

Rockstar - Release new content for Grand Theft Auto V FIVE YEARS after the game's initial release. Ignore peoples request to fix bounties in the PS3 version of GTA Online. Keep delaying Red Dead Redemption 2 even while their online servers for the first Red Dead outright suck. Not a bad company overall, puts quality into their games but has been the victim of countless lawsuits and Rockstar is usually in the spotlight for something controversial.

Bethesda - Make a new game engine for Fallout 5. Release a new Elder Scrolls game that gives the world more life, much like what CD Projekt Red did for Witcher 3. Bugs and glitches galore. I refuse to play the PS3 versions of Fallout 3 and New Vegas because of those. Continue to support The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim and Fallout 4.

Not the worst developer, but their quality isn't top notch. They have published the Wolfenstein games and the reboot DOOM so I'll give them credit for that. If they can buy the rights off of Gearbox Software for Duke Nukem, then Bethesda has a very good thing going.

Naughty Dog - Inevitably sell off the rights of Uncharted. With Uncharted it's glory days are probably over. So now Naughty Dog is primarily focused on developing and releasing The Last of Us 2, whenever that may be. I wouldn't mind them making a new IP, like what Bend Studios is doing with Days Gone or Sucker Punch is doing with the new Japanese open world game.

There are a lot of awkward climbing sections in their games, which I suppose is one of Naughty Dog's quirks. But they are a good developer who release high quality games, and I look forward to their latest game.

Ubisoft - Release semi annual releases of Far Cry, Tom Clancy, Assassins Creed and Watch Dogs. It is unclear whether Ubisoft will release a For Honor 2 or The Crew 2. They are a mixed bag, releasing games like Assassins Creed Black Flag, Far Cry 4 and Watch Dogs 2 that have proven to be quite good. But they have also been heavily scrutinized for Assassins Creed Unity, the first Watch Dogs and they have made a couple questionable design choices with the Tom Clancy games.

Prince of Persia is for the most part abandoned, but Ubisoft still owns the rights.

Assassins Creed Origins was met with a slew of very good reviews and lots of praise, so I suppose Ubisoft finally listened to their fans after the poor sales of Syndicate. Ubisoft favors the Season Passes and the Gold Editions for retail copies, which have the passes via code. Most of their games carry a bit of DLC which is not uncommon with giant corporate companies. Could do a lot better, but they are a giant company who crank out games every single year. Their library is huge.

Capcom - Release countless sequels. Anybody who remembers Street Fighter II back in the day knows there were at least three incarnations of the game on the SNES and Genesis. Likes to have DLC added to disc that you have to pay for. Has bad public relations. Arguably the EA of the East, along with Konami although they mostly make pacinko machines now.

Street Fighter and Resident Evil are the two big franchises Capcom has held on to that still get attention from modern audiences.

Capcom doesn't care about Mega Man. Devil May Cry may see a new game in the future but for now there is a remaster coming. Monster Hunter is showing a bit of promise with it being the most popular game this week. Personally I stopped caring about this company long ago.

They make their platinum trophies very difficult to obtain.

EA - Has been voted Worst Company of America TWICE. Release shitty half assed games with cut content. Has closed down several talented studios, Westwood and Maxis being the most notable. Has a monopoly on NFL via the Madden games. Puts an emphasis on multiplayer, and insists that single player driven games have at least one or two multiplayer elements to them. Announces and shuts down online servers prematurely, usually one or two years after the games were released. Buys up smaller companies. Was a leader in DRM driven bullshit and for a long time, forced people to buy Online Passes. Makes shitty licensed games.

I don't have too much more to say because I don't care about EA anymore.

Edited by Spaz

Square Enix: Great Character design, music and overal game design, and possibly story although recently they have fallen of the bandwaggon in creating good stories as far as recent FF's go. The characters always look fantastic from FF and KH. I really like SQ for their game design, visuals and music. 

Nippon Ichi Software: Grinding and long arduous platinums, judging from Disgaea and Mugen Souls. 

Namco: DLC character costumes and fan service 

Platinum Games: Fun action battle systems 

Otomate: Nice boys

Marvelous: Long in-game tutorials