Crown Guide.

LordNEET

1 hour ago, cjl73185 said:

I still haven't gotten a gold crown from the coral waltz. I don't know if the drop rate is as high as the last two five monster events. 

It is. Its really just your luck. I managed to get all the crowns in around 10runs of the quest 

Just now, Celesteela said:

Are we sure Coral Waltz isn't just one giant waste of time? I've not gotten a single crown from it yet...

Yes I got all the crowns in 3-4hrs. I only had legiana small crown prior to this event. Just keep at it. 

20 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

Are we sure Coral Waltz isn't just one giant waste of time? I've not gotten a single crown from it yet...

I got quite unlucky with it myself, took roughly 6 attempts before i got anything. It did end up giving me all i needed at a solid pace after that though.

1 hour ago, ProfessorStotch said:

Does everyone have elders here already? I've spent the last 4 days almost exclusively farming them and I'm just having no luck. 2 days ago I got a small Kush and since then I've been farming Teo with no luck. I run in, check sizes, exhaust all my investigation tries, reset my save. Am I really just that unlucky?

No we don't all have them. I have both Kirin/teo and a giant nerg. I've been measuring Val for a couple days. I spent a couple hours grinding nothing but him til I got discouraged and moved onto another monster

36 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

It is. Its really just your luck. I managed to get all the crowns in around 10runs of the quest 

Yes I got all the crowns in 3-4hrs. I only had legiana small crown prior to this event. Just keep at it. 

That makes me  happy and sad. It must be payback for last week. Bc I got all the crowns I needed in less than an hour in the wildspire. I'll keep at it tonight after work.

55 minutes ago, cjl73185 said:

No we don't all have them. I have both Kirin/teo and a giant nerg. I've been measuring Val for a couple days. I spent a couple hours grinding nothing but him til I got discouraged and moved onto another monster

That makes me  happy and sad. It must be payback for last week. Bc I got all the crowns I needed in less than an hour in the wildspire. I'll keep at it tonight after work.

I think it’s worthwhile to do the event in multiplayer till you have gotten all crowns except for one then farm that specific one alone, hunt and leave the quest (don’t abandon). With lesser HP, you could easily finish the Monster within 10 minutes.

Unless your last one is Legiana, then it might be worth to do the quest online since the monster only spawns after at least one other is killed/captured.

1 hour ago, cjl73185 said:

Damn less than an hr.. i think my luck has been roughly consistent for all three weeks. Takes me about 10 or runs each time to get everything. Wildspire might have been slightly more. 

11 minutes ago, Celesteela said:

The problem is that I only need Pink Rathian and Legiana...both of them. I swear, this game makes certain monsters harder to acquire crowns for than others, and it's always the monsters that take longer to kill =/

I only need both giant crowns from them 2 as well.

My last attempt at the Coral Waltz went really well. I got a miniature crown for Titzi and a giant crown for that puffball monster in the same run :) (sorry I still can't remember some of these monsters names ?). Altogether I have two miniature crowns and four giant crowns with 50 hours playtime. I'm really enjoying this game and my aim atm is to finish up all of my optional quests as well as the main story.

• Like 1

I now have a large Pink Rathian! But neither Legiana. I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist...or the game just wants me to waste my time killing monsters I don't need to kill to get to the one I do need to. I had this problem with Anjanath too. Really starting to hate this game, it gets very exasperating after a while. They really do all look the same; I didn't know the Pink Rath was a large one until the results, and my hunter always comes up to the exact same spot on Legiana when I stand next to it.

I swear, if I do plat this by some miracle, I'll spend the rest of the year playing VNs and Nintendo games. xD

• Like 2

OMG i hate RNG in this game, worst game ever.

Got every crown within 1 hour in this weeks event except large Legiana, and after 5 hours still missing it.

This also happend in first and second event, killed 50 giant jargas before getting small crown and 40 rathians for large crown.

Edited by xDriverZero
  • Like 2

2 hours ago, xDriverZero said:

Got every crown within 1 hour in this weeks event except large Legiana, and after 5 hours still missing it.

This also happend in first and second event, killed 50 giant jargas before getting small crown and 40 rathians for large crown.

Relax... I'm four days searching giant Lavasioth. ?

2 hours ago, xDriverZero said:

I killed 65 vall for giant crown got nothing and my giant record is 20 less than the gold one i know this game is fuck with me but am still not gave up yet

Someone here wo got small and big goldcrown from a monster in the same investigation? For example small kirin and first attempt and then on the second or thrid try big crown? Also the rate on the event missions is always the same got big legi and rathian at the first try

2 minutes ago, ErdoKa90 said:

Someone here wo got small and big goldcrown from a monster in the same investigation? For example small kirin and first attempt and then on the second or thrid try big crown? Also the rate on the event missions is always the same got big legi and rathian at the first try

It happen to me once with Teostra got giant and small crown from the same investigation 

• Like 1

Would like to drop my two cents here, managed to get all crowns with about 200 hours of playtime. The only monster I got in an investigation of my own were giant great giross and Giant Radobaan. The rest were SOS calls.

look for high ranked hunters their SOS calls with silver / gold rewards with low faint/ & 15/30 min timers who seemingly don’t need help looking at their hunt target. Good chance is they launched an SOS cause the targets a crown monster.

also a note on Vaal. I tried to farm him on my own investigations ( non temp ) and ended up killing over 80 silver crown Hazaks. Then I started scowering the web to find someone who got big crown Vaal from a non tempered investigation. I found nobody. Next time I gathered the courage to try Vaal again I purely joined SOS tempered Vaals and got the big crown in less than 5 kills. Could be mere coincidence but I believe the chance on big Vaal to be higher on tempered at least.

• Like 4

29 minutes ago, dark69knight said:

It happen to me once with Teostra got giant and small crown from the same investigation 

Good to know thanks! 

19 minutes ago, Xx_Madara_GG90 said:

Would like to drop my two cents here, managed to get all crowns with about 200 hours of playtime. The only monster I got in an investigation of my own were giant great giross and Giant Radobaan. The rest were SOS calls.

look for high ranked hunters their SOS calls with silver / gold rewards with low faint/ & 15/30 min timers who seemingly don’t need help looking at their hunt target. Good chance is they launched an SOS cause the targets a crown monster.

also a note on Vaal. I tried to farm him on my own investigations ( non temp ) and ended up killing over 80 silver crown Hazaks. Then I started scowering the web to find someone who got big crown Vaal from a non tempered investigation. I found nobody. Next time I gathered the courage to try Vaal again I purely joined SOS tempered Vaals and got the big crown in less than 5 kills. Could be mere coincidence but I believe the chance on big Vaal to be higher on tempered at least.

That is really helpful still didnt manage to get big vaal got the small vs a tempered 1 faint 15 mim which i did alone because every time i did sos someome ruined the run for me...

So we wont get rotten vale event for crowns right?:/

4 hours ago, Celesteela said:

I now have a large Pink Rathian! But neither Legiana. I'm beginning to think it doesn't exist...or the game just wants me to waste my time killing monsters I don't need to kill to get to the one I do need to. I had this problem with Anjanath too. Really starting to hate this game, it gets very exasperating after a while. They really do all look the same; I didn't know the Pink Rath was a large one until the results, and my hunter always comes up to the exact same spot on Legiana when I stand next to it.

I swear, if I do plat this by some miracle, I'll spend the rest of the year playing VNs and Nintendo games. xD

Just got my large Legiana and it looked smaller than half the ones I killed today. Now I just need a large pink rathian. Were you able to measure it at all? I don't know what specific features I should be looking for

47 minutes ago, Xx_Madara_GG90 said:

Wow approx how many times did u have to join an sos for a monster before u got a crown for it?

21 minutes ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Wow approx how many times did u have to join an sos for a monster before u got a crown for it?

Like he say above, its the chance of matching with people who  found a mini or large monster and want to share the crown with others(most likely hunters with high rank 100-300+) plus the numbers of faints, rewards, time.

Finally after 175+ Uragaan Hunts, the gold giant crown dropped. Relieved but disappointed that it took 5 and a half days.

I hope the guy who was looking for Lavasioth crown(s) got his and hopefully they’ll be bringing Elder Recess’ to the event pool to better the chances for crowns on that map.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Xx_Madara_GG90 said:

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR Posting this. In the past 1.5hrs i have gotten both Azure Rathalos Large crown and Odagaron large crown using this method