Spring Fling!

54 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I think my biggest contribution was naming it Camp Wannalottaplat. 

Baloney Mahoney.. but it sounds like its gonna be another fun event!

P.S. I sent you a msg but hopefully I won't crash before 9pm tonight and we can get a few good hours in Wildlands tonight. :ninja:

Edited by donut_plz

49 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

LOL! The past ones have been mostly me. But this time, I got some help from others through private message. @donut_plz helped spark the idea. I was just bouncing ideas off of him over PM because I couldn't think of how to follow Spring Fling. He was throwing out random suggestions for things that make him think of summer and something he said made me think, "SUMMER CAMP!" I told him summer camp came to mind and he confirmed that there was some good potential with that idea and instantly started giving great suggestions on how that could work. I left it alone after that. Now that I had an idea, I could stop worrying about what's next. Then a couple weeks later, @ArtikSkarab and @kingofbattle8174 asked about it, since they were curious about it. I told them where I was leaning and they also helped with some good suggestions for categories etc. So I think the fun aspects of the game choices next event are going to be largely due to those three people. I think my biggest contribution was naming it Camp Wannalottaplat. 

I agree with @donut_plz, you already had a great idea going. Thanks for the props though. I just hope my idea for the bonus made it. There are so many good possibilities. Man I am excited already. I want these two weeks to go by so these events can start.

Great idea for the next event. Really looking forward to it! I'm running behind because any gaming time I've had the last couple weeks has gone to grinding in KH BBS.

I'll probably end up replacing some of my games in order to finish the event in time. Is it okay if I leave them with one trophy left, because I'm currently at 99 plats and BBS is being saved for 100. 

7 minutes ago, Kent10201 said:

Great idea for the next event. Really looking forward to it! I'm running behind because any gaming time I've had the last couple weeks has gone to grinding in KH BBS.

I'll probably end up replacing some of my games in order to finish the event in time. Is it okay if I leave them with one trophy left, because I'm currently at 99 plats and BBS is being saved for 100. 

I don't mind staging platinums for milestones or other events like Platinum Rain. My preference is you leave a simple trophy that you easily could have popped for later. What I don't want to see is someone saying they've staged like Wolfenstein 2 and just have a Mein Leiben run to clean up later. Because that plat probably isn't going to happen, lol. In the end though, you're in charge of your own destiny. If you say a game is being staged, I'll accept it if the plat is one trophy off. Maybe more if the trophies are connected in some way.Like in Uncharted, picking up the last collectible might pop the trophy for getting all of a type of collectible, then another trophy for all of the collectibles as a whole.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I don't mind staging platinums for milestones or other events like Platinum Rain. My preference is you leave a simple trophy that you easily could have popped for later. What I don't want to see is someone saying they've staged like Wolfenstein 2 and just have a Mein Leiben run to clean up later. Because that plat probably isn't going to happen, lol. In the end though, you're in charge of your own destiny. If you say a game is being staged, I'll accept it if the plat is one trophy off. Maybe more if the trophies are connected in some way.Like in Uncharted, picking up the last collectible might pop the trophy for getting all of a type of collectible, then another trophy for all of the collectibles as a whole.

The trophy I have saved in Forma takes less than 5 minutes. I always save an easy trophy for last. Thank you!

• Like 1

Thank you @Toogie53 for letting me re-enter very late into the event! I'm pumped to jump back in and get through some games! Also just happy that my workload has now balanced out to allow some time to game in general!

So, my game selection going forward will look like this:

Spring into action: Modern Warfare Remastered (Done)

Spring Flowers: Firewatch

Spring Forward: Life is Strange

Bonus Game: The Order 1886 (Little Big Planet Easter Egg)

The games that I've selected are a bit shorter than my original picks, which should give me a good chance at completing them all in time! I will clean up Sleeping Dogs after the event now as that was one of my Original picks. It's awesome to be back and it's been fun catching up with the thread to see that everybody is blasting through their games! 

• Like 2

Ok, so I finally got the platinum for Watch Dogs and Gravity Rush Remastered. With that, only Tearaway and Croixleur Sigma left. I have some little progress to do with Tearaway, like finding the missing collectibles (most of them are quite intuitive) and some little challenges. As for Croixleur Sigma, I'm still going to try. If I don't manage to get Croixleur's platinum yet, I might change the game, and that way, I can have 3 games + 1 bonus complete, which is the minimum requirement for me! :D

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Toogie53 said:

Also, I thought I'd go ahead and tease the next event. More details to come, but it's going to be themed after summer camp. I'm going to call it "Camp Wannalottaplat" There will be a bunch of category choices, similar to Spring Fling. They will be centered around common summer camp activities like archery, canoeing, ghost stories, etc. You will just need to pick three to complete the event, but there is more there for the overachievers. The bonus category for the extra badge is still undetermined, but I'm leaning away from doing a holiday this time and think it will be something else summer related, but not summer camp related. Am I making sense? ?

Really love the theme, Toogs! I fondly remember going to a few summer camps as a kid and teenager. One time involved a camp counselor acting like a crazy monkey to try to convince me to play in a skit. xD That's also where I got introduced to the Terminator series, great series for someone who likes ultra-violence and cyborgs, probably one of Ahnold's best times before he fell into politics. ;)

• Like 1

Update:

In case you were still not convinced how bad Yasai Ninja was, my partner and I got to the final level last night! Excited to finally have the first playthrough over, we killed the boss and the trophy for that popped. Then, this weird glitch happened. The boss didn't actually die and an army of cucumbers came out of the gates. Everything started moving in extreme slow motion. We were super confused and tried to battle in slow motion until my partner had the idea of pausing and unpausing the game, which fortunately "reset" it and it started moving back at the original speed. But now we had a boss that was still alive but didn't have a health bar and waves of waves of cucumbers attacking us. We spend 20 minutes fending them off before we decided this probably wasn't how the game was supposed to be progressing since there didn't seem to be any end in sight. I sacrificed myself to lava to reset to the checkpoint outside the bosses gates to try again, but when we got to the boss his health bar wasn't visible so we couldn't kill him.

Needless to say, we didn't finish that chapter yesterday.

• Like 2

On 5/1/2018 at 3:35 PM, Toogie53 said:

What I don't want to see is someone saying they've staged like Wolfenstein 2 and just have a Mein Leiben run to clean up later. Because that plat probably isn't going to happen,

Anyone who leaves THAT trophy for last is probably just going to shoot himself in the foot because that's the hardest trophy anyone has ever created. I mean, the developers knew that it was nigh impossible to get because nobody save the die-hard story fans would want to sit through the same ten hours of cutscenes ad nauseum, so they made it that way to laugh in the face of people who even think they can platinum this game. I mean, if you are going to force people to play through the campaign again and again(because only a War God himself would be able to avoid getting hit and dying in one hit through 80 hours of brutally difficult gameplay!), at LEAST have the dignity to let people skip your story! xD

I am honestly not dissing people who want to go for Mein Leiben or the plat, but the term means "my life"(I looked it up) and this basically is what you are going to scream in bloody murder when you get the plat and find out that you are now 90 years old and gave up every social event that your family begged you to come to because you just HAD to get through this Nintendo 80's hard-as-balls difficulty and now know EVERY FREAKING DETAIL ABOUT THE CHARACTERS IN THIS GAME... even the faceless NPCs! :P

Just saying, don't kill yourself over a stupid platinum. I know people diss me for doing easy games(and for those wondering, I just 'stained' my account with FFXII and, even if I fail to get the plat and give up on the game, I won't create a new account out of frustration as I love FFXII to death, it's my favorite FF), but if I tried to plat Wolfeinstein II, I'd be a broken man, sell my PS4 and just be happy with my Nintendo Switch, Pokemon, and books about black cats who help solve murders and be anti-Playstation for the rest of my life and say "Screw Kingdom Hearts 3, I'll just watch someone else play it on Youtube!" The developers of Wolfstein II The New Colossus are sadists. (Just wanted to put my two cents out there about this specific trophy.)

5 hours ago, Kittet3 said:

Update:

In case you were still not convinced how bad Yasai Ninja was, my partner and I got to the final level last night! Excited to finally have the first playthrough over, we killed the boss and the trophy for that popped. Then, this weird glitch happened. The boss didn't actually die and an army of cucumbers came out of the gates. Everything started moving in extreme slow motion. We were super confused and tried to battle in slow motion until my partner had the idea of pausing and unpausing the game, which fortunately "reset" it and it started moving back at the original speed. But now we had a boss that was still alive but didn't have a health bar and waves of waves of cucumbers attacking us. We spend 20 minutes fending them off before we decided this probably wasn't how the game was supposed to be progressing since there didn't seem to be any end in sight. I sacrificed myself to lava to reset to the checkpoint outside the bosses gates to try again, but when we got to the boss his health bar wasn't visible so we couldn't kill him.

Needless to say, we didn't finish that chapter yesterday.

Certainly glad I avoided this game like the plague. Sorry your game glitched up. :(

Going to have to swap my Spring Cleaning game, Let's Fish Hooked on is more frustrating than I realized and I know why I left it unfinished back in 2013, unfortunately, and I think that it won't be finished by the deadline. I'm going to switch it to Hyperdimension Neptunia Victory, which has also been on my list unfinished since 2013 - and as of two days ago, a full five years long.

Maybe this time that dungeon I need for the True Ending will appear. I remember that was a problem when I was playing it last.

Hey all, sorry I've been quiet for a few days. I've just been busy at work for a bit and I don't usually get on the computer much at home. Today is an exception, since I have the day off of work. I'll be getting updates done here in the next few minutes. Also, I'll be making the event badges this weekend. I'll give them out to the people that have completed their games, but we still have about a week and a half to wrap things up. I'll need to actually work on my Easter egg game. I've been bouncing around playing a lot of different games lately. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 2

Well, there's only about 10 days remaining, and I'm not sure if I will be able to finish my games... So, I will change what game I will (try to) complete this event - I will move "One Piece Pirate Warriors" from 'Spring into Action' to 'Spring Cleaning' (the flast trpphy of this game before starting this event was achieved in 2015!); I will not complete Sly 3 anymore (at least for this event...); and as 'Spring into Action' I will pick Ratchet & Clank (PS4 version - it's a game I would complete this month anyway for Monthly Madness).

I even don't know if I will be able to complete these games before deadline - I don't know if I will get RC's Platinum in time, and a trophy in One Piece is heavily RNG-based... (at least, in this game there's only two types of coins remaining for me...). Anyway, my new set list of games for this event is:

• Atelier Escha & Logy Plus [already Plat'ed]
  • One Piece Pirate Warriors [Progression: 81%]
  • Ratchet & Clank (PS4) [unstarted]

Of course, there is not any bonus game for me...

Ok updates are done, including @JoaoQuique's which came in while I was working on it. Let me know if you see any mistakes or are making changes to your games lists etc. Good luck everyone! You can do this!

P.S. I took a couple of games out of my personal list that I knew I wouldn't finish. Going to focus on Agents of Mayhem next week so that I can earn the bonus badge too! I've always gotten all my badges along with you guys and it would suck if I didn't do it this time. 

Edited by Toogie53

6 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

That 100% in Arkham Knight looks more beautiful than I ever imagined.

Guess I'll have to start Before the Storm soon.

Massive congratulations on that 100% how many restarts did you need on those 3 trophies? I've managed the no hit with batman & robin after easily 100 retries each not managed with nightwing yet. I'm dreading the perfect free flow one.

Edited by wolverine123
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, wolverine123 said:

Massive congratulations on that 100% how many restarts did you need on those 3 trophies? I've managed the no hit with batman & robin after easily 100 retries each not managed with nightwing yet. I'm dreading the perfect free flow one.

Honestly, it's not even as many as you would think or that I expected. Crime Alley was probably the hardest, just because of the small space and bad camera. I think Batman took me around 20 tries, Robin a little more, and then I kept failing on Nightwing until I went to bed, woke up the next day, and beat it on my first try.

Monarch Theater is actually a little easier because you aren't fighting the camera the whole time. The key is to ONLY do the following: evade, punch the guy you just jumped over, and repeat. When you have a full combo meter, use a special takedown (or weapon disarm, if you're on Round 3 or 4). If you do that, you can knock off the first three rounds easily every time. At that point, it's just a matter of staying calm during the final round, because there are a LOT of brutes and shield guys. I ended up having to do Batman and Nightwing twice because the game didn't register a perfect freeflow in the last round -- even though I know I had it -- but even that wasn't bad.

The Iceberg Lounge trophy seriously only took me four tries. It was something like 214k, 516k, 937k, trophy. I was so in the zone that you could have stuck pins and needles in me and I wouldn't have felt anything. I beat down on that level like Batman on a low level thug. When Killer Croc came out, I'm pretty sure I heard him weep.

Edited by Cassylvania
  • Like 3

OOOOO...can't wait for my badge!!  Right now I'm trying to finish up Life is Strange for that bonus bling....

Also, I took a snap of an Easter egg (ladybug on the clock) but the snap just shows the clock as the ladybug hauled ass and flew away.  Do we still need to post the snap for credit?

@Toogie53 The standings showing thumbnails for the games is pure class!  ?

Edited by PermaFox
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Toogie53 said:

Ok updates are done, including @JoaoQuique's which came in while I was working on it. Let me know if you see any mistakes or are making changes to your games lists etc. Good luck everyone! You can do this!

I wanted to switch out Sleeping Dogs for Batman: The Enemy Within. And honestly while I'm at it I'd like to switch out SotC for Day of the Tentacle since school is winding down and I need easy games for events like this :D

44 minutes ago, Cassylvania said:

I kept failing on Nightwing until I went to bed, woke up the next day, and beat it on my first try.

I love it when that happens. Taking a break when something is getting frustrating seems to be the most consistent way to get better results. Congrats again Cassy~

Edited by ShakeNBake663
  • Like 2