Spring Fling!

8 hours ago, wolverine123 said:

I'm gonna have to swap out Skyrim. I don't want to have to rush through it and I've not left myself enough time to not rush. I'll put life is strange in instead for spring forward. I can do Skyrim in the next event which I will definitely be signing up for.

Edit- just realised I already had gotg as my spring forward. I will think of something else to swap in for a different category.

Edit 2- decided on one more dungeon as a spring into action game (going through dungeons battling monsters must count as action?)

Skyrim works in like 9 categories of the summer camp games. :D

2 hours ago, Kent10201 said:

Finally came up with a new list that I'll be able to complete it time. :D

Spring Cleaning: Abzu - 0%

Spring Chicken:  Megatagmension: Neptune+Blanc vs Zombies - 74% 

Spring Loaded: Mary Skelter Nightmares :platinum:

Bonus Game: Forma.8 ?

Megatagmension should be done tomorrow if everything goes according to plan and I'm about to start Abzu now to see if I can finish it today. I've got a list made up for the new event as well but I'll wait for the thread to go up. 

I hope you like Abzu. I did. It is really similar to Journey; but I think Abzu is more interesting. You can knock it out in one night. 

I will play Killzone 2 next up but i doubt i'll finish it within the remaining days.... no time for ps3 or ps4 until Sunday so maybe i'll finish 1 but certainly not 2 playthroughs of Killzone... especially when the 2nd one is on the highest difficulty without any cheat or glitch or another exploit ?

You've completed three plus the bonus game so you've got the event badges earned. Good luck with that difficult run on Killzone though. 

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, donut_plz said:

Tip for the no damage level. First part ignore any flowers except the ones to progress the level and when you get to the canyons with the electricity and falling towers most of the time its safest high up on the left side. If you cant get it there are youtube vids I believe that will show you what i mean. 

So I read this in the trophy guide too, but I got convinced it was awful advice since I kept going in circles after I tried it. After your message, I decided to give it one more go and it worked the first time! Thank you so much!

• Like 1

Spring Cleaning: Abzu - ?

Spring Chicken:  Megatagmension: Neptune+Blanc vs Zombies - 74% 

Bonus Game: Forma.8 ?

And just like that Abzu is done. :D It was surprisingly enjoyable, and is definitely my favorite of the graphics/art based games I've played. For once a game had good water controls as well. xD Should have Megatagmension wrapped up tomorrow as I have to wait for the daily missions to show up so I can get the last enemy I'm missing.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Kittet3 said:

So I read this in the trophy guide too, but I got convinced it was awful advice since I kept going in circles after I tried it. After your message, I decided to give it one more go and it worked the first time! Thank you so much!

Glad it worked for you Kitt! I spent ages trying to dodge everything and it just wasn't happening. ?

OK, i haven't posted much in the thread overall and I should do as these threads really do have a lot of positivity and fun.

So, I apologise @Toogie53, I'm going to do a massive swap around as I have finished a lot of games recently which fit the bills.

So, from the top!

Spring Forward - Change from Se08032.png to Sd5100d.png

Spring Rolls - Change from Sf62854.png to S126dad.png

Spring Chicken - Keep as S9aaf2a.png

Spring Loaded - Change from tew.jpg to S23ad76.png

Spring Flowers - Change S23cb5e.png to Se47a93.png

Spring Cleaning - Change Sd5540a.png to Sb9b47e.png

Spring Break - Keep as S117b9e.png

Spring into Action! - Change from Sb9b47e.png to S3bea33.png

• Like 1

On 8/5/2018 at 8:02 PM, Toogie53 said:

TLDR: Instead of swapping my Easter egg game to Ghost Recon, I'm going for Metal Slug 3 and I support HYAKUTARO ICHIMONJI for president 2020!.

OK. Here is my last game swap, I promise. I initially chose Agents of Mayhem for the Easter egg game. For whatever reason, I just am not into the game right now. I enjoyed what I played of it so far. When I've booted it up for the past couple of weeks, I'm just like, "Meh. Maybe later." I just don't feel like it and don't have a real explanation. Since time is short for Spring Fling, I can't afford to wait out my apathy. I posted a couple days ago that I would swap it for Ghost Recon Wildlands. I am into playing that game lately, largely because I've been playing it co-op with @donut_plz. Since I usually play games solo. it didn't really register that, if I start jumping ahead and doing everything without the co-op, it would put an end to what was making the game fun for me in the first place and would affect the polite beggar of donuts as well. So I'm going to have to retract my swap.

I decided to put Metal Slug 3 in the Easter egg slot. It was on my list at one point before I cleared out things I didn't think I'd finish before the end and didn't want to keep updated. I only have two trophies left for this game so I can wrap it up before the end of Spring Fling and feel good about things. Anyway, there is a trophy for this particular Easter egg called "HERE COMES HYAKUTARO ICHIMONJI!" At first, I was like what the eff is this trophy? Who is Hyakutaro Ichimonji? I thought maybe he was a game developer that inserted himself into the game, but I couldn't find anything to confirm my suspicion. Even without that confirmed, Hyakutaro is totally set up like an Easter egg. He is a hidden character that you can find, if you are thorough and blow up everything.Throughout the game you rescue these shaggy looking dudes that I think are POWs. The shaggy dudes normally give you some kind of power up or some item that gives you bonus points before they run off the screen. One of them is special though. He doesn't look any different than the others. However, when you rescue him, he starts following you around and helping out. This one is Hyakutaro Ichimonji! He attacks people with what is basically Ryu's haduken attack from Street Fighter. He is apparently a hidden character in multiple Metal Slug games and has even made some jumps into other games series. There are also some pretty goofy cosplay photos of him on Google's image search. So it's weird he's such a phenomenon when he's in the game for a couple of minutes at most if you can avoid dying until the end of the stage. If you die before then he goes away early. So to sum it all up, this guy is super duper awesome for unknown reasons. However, I can't argue with it because I like him too.

Hyakutaro.jpg

I remember him from Metal Slug X at the end when you join the Nazis to fight the aliens ?

So, for my Spring Cleaning, I ended up changing my game. I finished Far Cry 4's DLC Valley of the Yetis, having Far Cry 4 now at 100%. Only Tearway left, popped some trophies, but still need the collectibles. I might be able to get the trophies only on the last day (14th). Whether I make it or not, I still completed at least 3 games/DLCs.

Edited by Caju_94
  • Like 3

I finished Uncharted for my third completion of the event. I would like to change my bonus game from X-Men Origins: Wolverine to Alice: Madness Returns if it's still ok to swap games. Alice: Madness Returns has one easter egg that I know of, which is a Psychonauts reference.

34 minutes ago, Surge3Beast said:

I finished Uncharted for my third completion of the event. I would like to change my bonus game from X-Men Origins: Wolverine to Alice: Madness Returns if it's still ok to swap games. Alice: Madness Returns has one easter egg that I know of, which is a Psychonauts reference.

Swapping is still allowed up until the event is over. Monday is the final day to wrap up a game and/or make a swap. You can probably even creep a little into Tuesday morning. However, once I update percentages on Tuesday, that's the end! So anyone doing that is playing it risky.

• Like 1

Update:

FLOWER IS DONE!!! It only took 3 quick rounds of the last level to get the blooms trophy and my fancy new 100%.

Some game thoughts: I'm not in love with this game. I like the concept well enough, but the controls really killed it. Playing through it this time around, I did end up enjoying the transitions between the stages and the overall story a bit more. I would have loved if the game was more zoomed in- I think that would have added a lot with watching the flowers bloom. The motion controls probably were my biggest hurdle; I still struggled sometimes with figuring out how to control the wind. Which brings me to my last point- wind would have been a much more interesting title and concept for this game. Imagine blowing tons of stuff around with beautiful graphics. 

• Like 3

Hey guys! The thread for the next event is up. You can go ahead and comment and post your games etc over there if you are ready. From this point forward, I need you to comment over there if you want to join up since it is now posted. I just don't want to miss it and I want to keep the two events separate as much as possible so I don't need to refer back and forth to keep things straight. 

• Like 3

On 4/27/2018 at 7:54 PM, kingofbattle8174 said:

@CJ_Mystery Its not like your account is that bad off. You are at what just above 85%? Thats pretty darn good. I know I started this year just above 20% and managed to get just over 40 now recently. So just short of my goal for the year. Now say try to raise the rate for yourself to 95%. We can even make an event race outnofnit. Who makes to the goal

Okay, I'll try to work on some games this summer. Look for a post in your thread later. ;)

And to Toogie, are you going to PM my event badge to me at the end date? I did complete all of the games for the event except the Bonus Game.

Edited by CJ_Mystery

25 minutes ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Okay, I'll try to work on some games this summer. Look for a post in your thread later. ;)

And to Toogie, are you going to PM my event badge to me at the end date? I did complete all of the games for the event except the Bonus Game.

Cj is back?!! Hey there is plenty of space left. And mine does start before camp.

43 minutes ago, kingofbattle8174 said:

Cj is back1f62e.png!!

For the record, I said I'll work on some games. I know that multi-tasking two accounts can be a challenge(considering how I am also on PC gaming a bit) but I will, at the very least, make an oath to hit 75 platinums on this account, which is easily doable. I'll just dedicate some time in the day to this account, some to my new account, and some to Wizard101.

3 hours ago, CJ_Mystery said:

Yeah. Last time I got them out early. But this time, I havent gotten around to making them yet. You should see it this weekend or very early next week. 

Spring Cleaning: Abzu - ?

Spring Chicken:  Megatagmension: Neptune+Blanc vs Zombies ?

Bonus Game: Forma.8 ?

Megatagmension is now prepped to be platted after I reach my milestone. Another great event @Toogie53, looking forward to the next one. 

Edited by Kent10201
  • Like 2

There we go, my fourth game of the event is complete - CollarxMalice :platinum:  It's a pretty good read for anyone into visual novels, although I felt it took a while to get going.

On 08/05/2018 at 1:31 AM, ladynadiad said:

I totally did the same and swapped a game for CollarxMalice.   It took me about a week to plat.  When you finish I definitely want to hear which route you liked best since they were all pretty good.

You probably gave me the idea!  The first three routes left me a bit cold - a vicious cycle where I wasn't really digging it so I only picked the game up occasionally, so it didn't have a chance to grow on me.  I enjoyed Shiraishi's route quite a bit more - the protagonist was more active and involved, the case was interesting and we got the Mukai and Sakuragawa double act.  Yanagi's was definitely the highlight for me though, which makes sense as the grand finale that gets to pull everything together.  Which did you end up liking the best?

I just wish someone had paid for an extra editing / proofreading pass for some of the quick fixes, I lost count of the number of times narration and speech text boxes were mixed up.

Edited by Fitzquaid
  • Like 1

I made the spring fling badges. I started to send them out but I got interrupted because my wife wants me to run some errands. Ill make the bonus badges tomorrow. And grab the last minute stragglers on Tuesday. 

Edited by Toogie53

2 minutes ago, Fitzquaid said:

There we go, my fourth game of the event is complete - CollarxMalice :platinum:  It's a pretty good read for anyone into visual novels, although I felt it took a while to get going.

You probably gave me the idea!  The first three routes left me a bit cold - a bit of a vicious cycle where I wasn't really digging it so I only picked the game up occasionally, so it didn't have a chance to grow on me.  I enjoyed Shiraishi's route quite a bit more - the protagonist was more active and involved, the case was interesting and we got the Mukai and Sakuragawa double act.  Yanagi's was definitely the highlight for me though, which makes sense as the grand finale that gets to pull everything together.

I just wish someone had paid for an extra editing / proofreading pass for some of the quick fixes, I lost count of the number of times narration and speech text boxes were mixed up.

Yeah, I've noticed that about games Aksys localizes, they have a bunch of typos and issues with the dialogue, but thankfully it doesn't detract from the charm of the games and it doesn't get into Legend of Heroes: A Tear of Vermillion levels of bad localization.

My personal favorites were Okazaki and Yanagi's routes.  I thought all the cases were interesting really, so it was especially neat to see how they all went together in Yanagi's route.  I thought Okazaki was a neat character though, so I enjoyed getting to know him in his route.

• Like 2