Bringing 'Em Back from the Dead - The Gonespy Thread...

ProfBambam55

On 21/5/2018 at 10:04 PM, Log801 said:

I can host online games now but no players/bots show up when I start the game. I'm just sitting at a black leaderboard screen with no players. Anybody else have this issue or am I just not understanding how to correctly host a game?

Which game exactly are talking about? If it is Bulletstorm, you can start an Anarchy match solo and move all the way to wave 20. Except for 2 trophies, most of them could be done solo. If you want to play with someone else, this other person will need to setup Gonespy on his own and after both of you are online with Gonespy running, you can join each other's game either through an invite or by checking your in-game Friend List and selecting Join from any friend that shows as active in the game.

In my experience on Bulletstorm, the game sometimes glitched out at the start of the match, either freezing the console or just never moving past the first screen where it shows the players in the match. Just restart the console if this happens and try connecting again.

As for Unreal Tournament 3, someone reported this:

https://psnprofiles.com/trophies/79-unreal-tournament-3/Hirnforscher?order=date

I'm obviously thinking earning the online trophies alone shouldn't be reportable if they are possible to earn with this server software, but did they earn any trophies not possible to earn yet? Else, this is another confirmation that it works I guess.

16 minutes ago, MMDE said:

As for Unreal Tournament 3, someone reported this:

I'm obviously thinking earning the online trophies alone shouldn't be reportable if they are possible to earn with this server software, but did they earn any trophies not possible to earn yet? Else, this is another confirmation that it works I guess.

from the .org guide :

"For some of the trophies in this game, the requirements specify that they be completed in “Multiplayer”, and Online Champion specifies it be completed in “online matches”. There is an important distinction between these two phrases, and what makes Online Champion the only true online trophy. When you go into the multiplayer menu in the game when you are signed in and the matchmaking servers are working you can chose between two network types, LAN and Internet. If you are signed out of PSN and go into the multiplayer menu, it defaults to a blank network type and still lets you play and setup games as if you were playing online matches with bots. Thus we can assume that it is defaulting to LAN network type, which you can still play as if it were regular online. The only difference between the two though, is that wins in LAN mode or while signed out don’t count toward the Online Champion counter if you check it in the Trophies part of the community menu. Every other trophy that specifies “Multiplayer” can be completed in LAN or the “blank” network type mode. This means that every trophy other than Online Champion is attainable in LAN mode, so now the matchmaking servers are shut down, Online Champion and the platinum become unattainable, unless you got Online Champion pre-shutdown."

gonespy makes online champion obtainable again meaning all trophies are obtainable...the time stamps should meet normal criteria to determine whether they are legit or not...no idea for impossible/possible trophy order for this game so no comment on person being named above...

Edited by ProfBambam55

24 minutes ago, ProfBambam55 said:

from the .org guide :

"For some of the trophies in this game, the requirements specify that they be completed in “Multiplayer”, and Online Champion specifies it be completed in “online matches”. There is an important distinction between these two phrases, and what makes Online Champion the only true online trophy. When you go into the multiplayer menu in the game when you are signed in and the matchmaking servers are working you can chose between two network types, LAN and Internet. If you are signed out of PSN and go into the multiplayer menu, it defaults to a blank network type and still lets you play and setup games as if you were playing online matches with bots. Thus we can assume that it is defaulting to LAN network type, which you can still play as if it were regular online. The only difference between the two though, is that wins in LAN mode or while signed out don’t count toward the Online Champion counter if you check it in the Trophies part of the community menu. Every other trophy that specifies “Multiplayer” can be completed in LAN or the “blank” network type mode. This means that every trophy other than Online Champion is attainable in LAN mode, so now the matchmaking servers are shut down, Online Champion and the platinum become unattainable, unless you got Online Champion pre-shutdown."

gonespy makes online champion obtainable again meaning all trophies are obtainable...the time stamps should meet normal criteria to determine whether they are legit or not...no idea for impossible/possible trophy order for this game so no comment on person being named above...

Yeah, okay. Well, the online trophy was all they were reported for and I didn't see any other issues with the profile, and it was earned like a month after this thread!

Edited by MMDE

51 minutes ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, okay. Well, the online trophy was all they were reported for and I didn't see any other issues with the profile, and it was earned like a month after this thread!

the person posted their success here on may 2nd so I assume they are legit if time stamps check out...

On 02/05/2018 at 9:53 AM, Hirnforscher said:

I want to send a big "thank you" to everybody that helped to get gonespy up and running. The setup as described on the github page worked perfectly for me, and I was able to complete "Online Champion" for Unreal Tournament III without any problems.

Processing power and Windows version should not matter that much in the end. My servers were running on an old Macbook Pro Mid 2010 with a Boot Camp Windows XP setup. I don't know why exactly, but the Java Installers from the Oracle website did not work out of the box. However, once I had downloaded the .tar.gz-file and unzipped it, I had a working Java installation. The Windows XP Firewall can be completely disabled, so I didn't have to tinker with allowing individual ports.

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

pTTfexm.png

it looks like I've been able to get everything working but my 500 wins on unreal tournament 3 isn't budging. I'm able to connect my PS3 with my pc using a static ip I created and managed to get maradns, deadwood and Java running. I'm able to creating a match as a host on multiplayer also but I'm stuck. Has anyone here encountered this issue? On that prompt before I host a game, should I connect online? (would just leave the select button greyed out). Hopefully it's something simple im missing.

I really appreciate any feedback thanks!!

5LtpVL8.png

lKhGNTx.png

Edited by boredskill

3 hours ago, boredskill said:

pTTfexm.png

it looks like I've been able to get everything working but my 500 wins on unreal tournament 3 isn't budging. I'm able to connect my PS3 with my pc using a static ip I created and managed to get maradns, deadwood and Java running. I'm able to creating a match as a host on multiplayer also but I'm stuck. Has anyone here encountered this issue? On that prompt before I host a game, should I connect online? (would just leave the select button greyed out). Hopefully it's something simple im missing.

5LtpVL8.png

lKhGNTx.png

clarification question : are you able to sign into psn  on your ps3 using your pc's ip address with this setup?...if so, do this before loading up UT3...you have to be signed into psn for Gonespy to work...

I did have some server issues from running my pc and gonespy too long...a fresh reboot and setup solved the problem every time...

Edited by ProfBambam55
  • Like 1

13 hours ago, ProfBambam55 said:

clarification question : are you able to sign into psn  on your ps3 using your pc's ip address with this setup?...if so, do this before loading up UT3...you have to be signed into psn for Gonespy to work...

I did have some server issues from running my pc and gonespy too long...a fresh reboot and setup solved the problem every time...

I set up everything and signed onto PSN then loaded the disc. Now multiplayer hosting is greyed out. I just did redid everything again not too long ago

in the game it either says I'm offline or not signed in on the bottom left of the main menu screen. And also when I select multiplayer or community, the error message "online features require a PS network connection....access will be disabled"

Edited by boredskill

2 hours ago, boredskill said:

I set up everything and signed onto PSN then loaded the disc. Now multiplayer hosting is greyed out. I just did redid everything again not too long ago

in the game it either says I'm offline or not signed in on the bottom left of the main menu screen. And also when I select multiplayer or community, the error message "online features require a PS network connection....access will be disabled"

strange, sounds like you've done everything correctly...I actually have this game (snagged it for $2.50) so I can test it out at some point...sorry, busy life so it might take me a bit to reply...

Edited by ProfBambam55

On 6/15/2018 at 10:25 PM, boredskill said:

It sounds like you haven't changed your PS3 network settings to use your PC as your DNS server. Have you done these steps?

On 14.6.2018 at 8:15 PM, boredskill said:

Some things you could check:

• Did you download the configuration files for maradns/deadwood and edit them to suit your network?
  • Did you keep all three command windows open and the processes running? Deadwood has to be installed, your screenshots also show uninstallation which you should not do. MaraDNS has to be running, the screenshot looks fine. Gonespy has to be running, the screenshot shows that is has been probably stopped.
  • Does gonespy output something when you start Unreal Tournament III? As far as I remember, it logs two entries from the queries of Unreal to the command line.

For troubleshooting, I would recommend that you enter your server PCs IP address as DNS server for a computer/tablet/phone and try to access the internet from this device. If this works, DNS forwarding is probably fine.

Good luck!

Edited by Hirnforscher

19 hours ago, charlijaen said:

Hi.

Has anyone tested Age of Booty?

If not, I could buy a Gamestop code to download it and try with 2 PS3s, but not anytime soon, probably in a couple of months, sorry.

Hello.

I don't remember anyone having tested Age of Booty before. In fact, it is still on the list of games pending to be tested.

Feel free to test it out whenever you have the chance and let us know if it works for you.

¡Buena suerte! :)

• Like 1

Hey guys, I have a few questions.

My PS3's wi-fi catcher-thingy is broken. Is it possible to do this whole procedure by only using cabled internet connection?

And the second one is that I'm willing to try TLOTR: Conquest and Mortal Kombat (Vita) some time during July. Anyone want to try together and guide me as well? (Since I don't have a clue on programming and setting up internet and server settings)

@apostolis-t-94gr I've tried to set this up myself and failed miserably too. I've read through all the guide, but I honestly don't have a clue what I'm doing and I couldn't get the programme running in the command prompt.

I can only use wifi (I don't use cables anymore) and I'm not too sure if it will work with wifi anyway. I saw someone say in the thread it can only be done with a cable connection. I would love to get it running as I have BulletStorm (PS3) and Unreal Tournament III but alas, it doesn't seem like it will be possible. Still, it's amazing work by the people who have set it up, so well done to them.

• Like 1

I can confirm wired or wireless makes no difference as I was able to set it up on both...

also, lord of the rings : conquest has been confirmed to not work...the list in op is up-to-date as far as I know...

Edited by ProfBambam55

7 hours ago, Hirnforscher said:

Using WiFi or wired LAN should not matter. I can confirm that WiFi works, that's what I used for my setup.

1 hour ago, ProfBambam55 said:

I can confirm wired or wireless makes no difference as I was able to set it up on both...

also, lord of the rings : conquest has been confirmed to not work...the list in op is up-to-date as far as I know...

Okay good to know. I will 'attempt' to try and set it up again.

On 6/19/2018 at 9:13 AM, APCGrayLocked said:

any news about [...] Superstar V8: Next Challenge?

I'm fairly confident this was tested, and needed the server key. ?

This is certainly the case with WRC 2 which was also developed by Milestone..

--EDIT--

My bad, it was the original, not Next Challenge - but suspect they would most likely behave the same.

Edited by iXanon
Found post for Superstars test
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hello,

I am looking into this thread for Bulletstorm but there is no information on the DLCs.

At the time I finished the game but did not have time to buy the DLCs before they close the servers.

Do I need to have the DLCs installed on my PS3 in order to unlock the DLCs trophies?

If yes, would it work if I manage to find someone with the said DLCs who would be willing to lend his account to me so I can install them on my PS3?

12 hours ago, LordVyktor said:

Hello,

I am looking into this thread for Bulletstorm but there is no information on the DLCs.

At the time I finished the game but did not have time to buy the DLCs before they close the servers.

Do I need to have the DLCs installed on my PS3 in order to unlock the DLCs trophies?

If yes, would it work if I manage to find someone with the said DLCs who would be willing to lend his account to me so I can install them on my PS3?

Yes, you need the DLCs installed to unlock the DLC trophies.

The DLC is still available on the US store:

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-BLUS30651_00-DLCPACK000000001

https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0006-BLUS30651_00-DLCPACK000000002

Not sure about other stores.

As a last resort, you could make a US account and buy the DLC there if you can get a US copy of the base game. The DLC is not progress locked so it's no problem that your non-US save probably won't work with the US version.