Do sell or never play a game again after you've platinumed it?

wyansas

If i have achieved  :platinum:  then that usually means i have done everything there is do do in the game since i usually don't buy DLC i will most likely never play it again so i trade it in to get more games. now that being said i don't have very many  :platinum:  trophies but when i just stop having fun with a game and i don't want to touch it again i will also trade that game in because it will sit there and do nothing when games are meant to be played so i figure instead of hoarding games im finished with or don't like i pass them off to someone or somewhere that will hopefully play it and enjoy the game because i love having as many games as i can that i want to play but if im not playing them then it becomes an expensive paper weight which is not it's intended purpose   

I never sell any of my games that I earn a Platinum trophy in and if I earned it on a digital version of the game I will pick up the hard copy of the game. Reason for this? When I buy my first house, which will be by the end of the year if all goes well, one wall of my "mancave" will be devoted to the cover art of the games I have earned a Platinum trophy in. I only have 28 plats so I need a WHOLE LOT MORE if I am going to cover an entire wall with platted cover art.

If I like the game, I keep it.

If the game was a marginal experience and has a higher re-sell value than 5 bucks I'll sell it.

If the game represented a high level of frustration or hate (like Battlefield 3 for me; loved the game but hated those damn co-op trophies) I break it, throw it in my fireplace and open a bottle of champagne, celebrating as I watch the plastic warp and distort.

Vanquish will be my next one like this (damn challenges). :shakefist:

After I finish a game I sell it.  Helps pay for the next ones!  Also, there are too many games I haven't played to justify replaying old ones.  Maybe if I finished every game I wanted to play and no new ones had come out, I'd keep them, but that's...unlikely.

There are some exceptions though.  Always kept Sacred 2 ...too good.

Honestly I don't sell my games after I platinum them. The only games I ever went back to after I got a platinum was Hitman Absolution and Dead Space 3. I play video games for enjoyment and if I really enjoyed a game, I will most definitely play it again. I have sold games that I haven't achieved a platinum trophy. Due to getting mad and not wanting to see the game again.

I used to get rid of games i platinumed but I stopped since November

Games like Little Deviants and Assassin's Creed 3 Liberation i don't regret because they were bad games and i didn't want them anymore.

But i do regret trading Saints Row The Third because sometimes i want to play it.

Unfortunately I'm not lucky enough to really have any money at the moment or for the last while, so the only way i can afford to get new games would be to trade them in for new ones and pay the difference or sell them.

That being said, if i enjoy the game and can almost be certain there will be dlc available at some point i'll usually keep it. I also have a few special editions that I'd never sell.

I usually sell games when I have finished playing them.

That way, future game purchases seem less expensive as I have sold previous game(s) to help fund it.

I can always go back in a few years to try and find a cheap copy of a game if I get an urge to play it.

I don't keep them for a 'just in case I want to play it again',

• Like 1

nope! i'll keep them as long as i can, unless someone from my friends or i know is trading with me, but only some of the games, because as a collector i am trying to keep the very rare ones that hard to find on discs for me.

i still play games like Uncharted 1 or infamous or killzone 2 or batman AA.