Petition started to keep Killzone 2 and 3 online

WorldsBestSpy

1 hour ago, DaivRules said:

The devs that coded these servers aren’t open sourcing the code, so we already know they won’t be allowed. 

Why is open source code important? Isn't the main thing that anyone can access it? For example Gonespy, anyone can replicate that. 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Afro_Gear said:

Why is open source code important? Isn't the main thing that anyone can access it? For example Gonespy, anyone can replicate that. 

Well if their code is setup to validate a user and then auto-pop trophies, then it's no better than any mod tool. Seeing the code would be the only way to verify if it does that or not.

38 minutes ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

If you already have 100% trophies, and just want to play for enjoyment, would that be allowed? I mean, I suppose there’s no way to monitor that from PSNP side? 1f914.png 

No one would know or care.

3 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I'd love a series reboot! Maybe go back to the beginning when the Helgast first rebelled against the the ISA/ Earth. Not sure where they could go from Shadow Fall so maybe that's why there has been no update.

As for 2 and 3, the MP was stellar but the ship has sailed on them. I'm waiting for Shadow Fall to announce that it's servers are going offline - maybe then I will finally finish the coop trophies. 

I wouldnt postpone the online trophies right before a server shutdown for shadow fall because both dlcs requires a ton of time. I dont think theyre too hard just time consuming.

2 hours ago, Afro_Gear said:

There's a few differences that I won't really go heavily into with Gonespy vs server revivals, but it's different. The quick synopsis : In the case with Gonespy, you're doing everything yourself, and replicating 3rd party software functions on a rudimentary level (aka what Gamespy used to be) but still otherwise using official PSN online functions, and the data being sent to a 3rd party actually goes nowhere. These other server revival projects are actual replications of servers themselves, and are more CFW-like, so is vastly different on a technical level.

Open source servers are required since it allows anyone to setup a server to play on at any time, without the reliance on any regular person like you, me, or who knows who, which prevents gatekeeping (i.e people can ban anyone they want). It also ensures to some extent the code isn't modified to make conditions easier for the trophies. Being able to setup your own server allows for better safety of users too, since certain projects will likely have your PSN credentials sent to whatever's replicating servers.

There's a few other things, but those are the main ones.

Edited by B1rvine

50 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

I wouldnt postpone the online trophies right before a server shutdown for shadow fall because both dlcs requires a ton of time. I dont think theyre too hard just time consuming.

I just haven't had the motivation for it. I loved the MP,  joined a clan back in the day and kicked some butt. Even back then though, the coop side of things was basically dead. I've seen people say they did it solo - except the revives of course - but I barely managed one victory and it took me like an hour or more to do it. One day I'll setup a session... maybe.

17 hours ago, da-Noob123 said:

I just haven't had the motivation for it. I loved the MP,  joined a clan back in the day and kicked some butt. Even back then though, the coop side of things was basically dead. I've seen people say they did it solo - except the revives of course - but I barely managed one victory and it took me like an hour or more to do it. One day I'll setup a session... maybe.

A few i recommend doing with another player because the co-op missions are tough solo and will take alot longer.