God of War Review Thread

Valyrious

17 hours ago, Valyrious said:

Derp

I disagree.

Sorry, I won't get in a serious argument with someone like you. Although I never attacked you personally, you instantly called me an oaf and a brute, for what? For having a different opinion than the one you fancy? Seems like my original point did hurt you to some extent, which I normally would apologize for, but in your case - not so much.

Bye, and have fun with the game. But I'm sure you will because, you know, 95 on Metacritic baby!

And as a little side note: A typo with one extra letter by mistake, is under normal circumstances considered ok, or a, you fucking guessed it, simple mistake. And as it's not my native language, I'm sorry. I can't type perfect english, but it's usally enough for people to understand my point. But only if they're not massive di--  Just imagine what it would say here.

Edited by Schwifty Swifty
  • Like 4

If you read what some people read on here, they'd tell you Metacritic scores don't matter. 

I'll censor myself from getting in more trouble with the staff at this time, but I think Cory's response to the reviews says more than any of us ever could.

But omg that 95 Metacritic! Only fanboys care! :') 

Played the first hour. Incredible game already. Have to head out now but can't wait to play more. 

I think this beats out MGSV for best introduction to a game. Playing on hard difficulty feels like the sweet spot as well. Enemies will fuck you up in a few hits. Just feels like the right way to play the game for me.

• Like 1

On ‎20‎.‎04‎.‎2018 at 4:27 PM, Valyrious said:

If you read what some people read on here, they'd tell you Metacritic scores don't matter. 

I'll censor myself from getting in more trouble with the staff at this time, but I think Cory's response to the reviews says more than any of us ever could.

You wouldn't have to ''censor yourself'' if you could behave like a normal human being who is functional in a good community. Stop stirring up drama please.

But you're right. This video is heartwarming and I'm really happy for Cory his work is that critically acclaimed. I think everyone is.

• Like 1

Well, I nave not played any of the GoWs, and decided to buy GoW and finished the story yesterday. (Online purchase).

Personally the Graphics, the Sounds, the Production, are brilliant. (Playing on 75" 4K with Dolby Surround Sound system). The story was also gripping and the realms beautiful and imaginative. But I have played games long enough to know that no game is 10/10 or perfect. There is a degree of repetitiveness, hacking/slashing but this isn't really a negative since most games are repetitive. My real gripe with this game is that it has limited exploration. I cannot climb what seems to be an obvious rock, or traverse what seems to be an obvious path. (Yes I am an AC fan). PLus I am not really into the fantasy genre so the took some getting used to the mythology etc. 

However, is the game worth £50? I think so. Not only a top game, but brilliant technical showcase material. Is it 10/10? No. I give it 8/10. 

Now at a stage of cleaning up for the platinum! 

:)

Well, I nave not played any of the GoWs, and decided to buy GoW and finished the story yesterday. (Online purchase).

For me it's the same. Never played a GoW before and purchased this one because of the hype train. But what I've read so far we might miss some story hints to the previous games and don't fully appreciate Kratos' background. Players who know Kratos' story to the full extend may find something in the game, that newcomers don't. Only guessing, though.

With God of War the publishers clearly wanted to receive a wider public, but ... man .... when I play the new game I feel like something is missing all the time. Such as ...

Spoiler

Why is it a 'problem' that Kratos is a god? Huh? Don't know ...

I'm arguing with myself to not play GoW any further, but instead play GoW III Remastered first to fully appreciate the new game. ^^

Besides: I own a PS4 and PS4 Pro (with 4K-Screen 43 inch) in two different places, was hyped to see the Pro-Version on 4K-TV. The difference is not noticable. Really. It looks absolutely wonderful on the normal PS4 already. Cause may be the small 4K display.