Personal Status Updates

To be honest, I never read the bloody status updates anyway. Unless I'm just scrolling and spot Spider-Man or Tony Hawk or something else I like, I don't even look for half a second. If what you're talking about is what I'm thinking though, then yeah, it's just pointless to me.

1 minute ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

To be honest, I never read the bloody status updates anyway. Unless I'm just scrolling and spot Spider-Man or Tony Hawk or something else I like, I don't even look for half a second. If what you're talking about is what I'm thinking though, then yeah, it's just pointless to me.

I've seen a couple people annoyed by it, also, I've known people getting warnings for posting too many p2p updates. Well, I guess that's 2 votes for "don't care" section.

2 minutes ago, Phil said:

I've seen a couple people annoyed by it, also, I've known people getting warnings for posting too many p2p updates. Well, I guess that's 2 votes for "don't care" section.

I don't understand giving users warnings for shit like that. If you're not saying anything inappropriate, so what if you're kind of spamming the status feeds, if anything, I'd make it so if you've done more than one recent update, that only the latest will show on the forum home page. 

• Like 2

Just now, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

I don't understand giving users warnings for shit like that. If you're not saying anything inappropriate, so what if you're kind of spamming the status feeds, if anything, I'd make it so if you've done more than one recent update, that only the latest will show on the forum home page. 

Well, what it does is push out people asking the community questions. Also, I don't think an actual warning point was given, I think, like Avatar said, they were asked by a mod to stop. But if a mod or Sly has asked somebody to stop spamming, it must have been in excess. 

4 minutes ago, Super-Fly Spider-Guy said:

That's how it used to be.

However, some things may be out of Sly's control as far as adding/removing features on the site. 

5 minutes ago, Phil said:

Dude...no freaking way that's the motivation behind this crap... That's sinking to a whole new level if that's true. If that really is true, then that is an even bigger argument toward removing this spam heavy feature.

I don't know if it's the motivation for all of them, but most of them in the recent status update section have a single reputation point.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, Phil said:

I'm sure this has been burried in some thread somewhere, however, I cannot be the only one annoyed when all of the "recent status updates " section is just one person leaving little notes for 10 different people. Why does this feature even exist? Isn't that what PMs are for? I mean, if I'm the only one bothered by it, by all means, ignore me. Otherwise, I suggest we remove the feature all together or at least not plaster them on the recent updates section.

I'm with Dr. Phil here. PMs seem the appropriate venue for this.

• Like 1

Yes, I'm a little annoyed by it, but I think people expect me to be annoyed by everything at this point. I think the previous forum software left off those updates from the Recent Statuses list; you had to click into the history to see those. Think we need to return to that if it's possible.

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Rach said:

The other thought that I had would be to remove likes and reputation points from statuses altogether. I imagine my opinion there would not be a popular one though.

Yeah, that'd actually be a great idea. That might be able to stop these like4like people spamming the status updates.

43 minutes ago, Phil said:

Dude...no freaking way that's the motivation behind this crap... That's sinking to a whole new level if that's true. If that really is true, then that is an even bigger argument toward removing this spam heavy feature.

Lol, this is a site for trophy hunters, of course it's true.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Rach said:

The other thought that I had would be to remove likes and reputation points from statuses altogether. I imagine my opinion there would not be a popular one though.

I would agree to that. I was just thinking that when Jibril  brought up why people would spam personal status updates. 

1 minute ago, HellcoreFire said:

I don't see the correlation. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

What does the fact that the site caters to trophy hunters have to do with trading reputation points?

26 minutes ago, Rach said:

This feels like a perfectly fine solution. In fact, I'm not sure why it wouldn't be popular.

10 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

Can you explain this to me?

27 minutes ago, Rach said:

For some reason I feel like it'd be impossible with the forum software.

1 hour ago, Phil said:

Well, what it does is push out people asking the community questions. Also, I don't think an actual warning point was given, I think, like Avatar said, they were asked by a mod to stop. But if a mod or Sly has asked somebody to stop spamming, it must have been in excess. 

The incident I believe you're referring to, was someone thanking each and every person that viewed their user page. She didn't post any images, though. The images can be kind of a nuisance, when you're scrolling down the status update page. But they're a new thing you couldn't even do before, so naturally, many members are going to make use of it. They don't really bother me, so I'm not really for or against the idea.