Queen of The Valkyries

elmic98373

Gotta say and I hope being the first. Did not think I was playing  Nioh on here. I mean really “my rage” and she plucks me off the ground while I’m full on. All previous “Sparta” and basically it’s full on rage. I’ve had to dum down the gameplay to easy. Balder wasn’t this tuff and he’s a “god”. 

Sorry ive never posted before as all has quirks but this crap is a whole different dark souls. HA

Best tip I could give to win this easy mode is try the following:

- I was around level 8 25% with the Deadly mist set (no upgrades on this armor)

- make sure you have max hp/rage

- before starting the fight make sure your rage is already full to use

- Axe and Chaos blades max level

- Get the resurrection stone that gives max rage(you will need it)

When the fight starts run towards her and do the following combo:

1.Leviathan Axe

- Light rune attack: Njörd’s Tempest

- Follow up with Heavy Rune attack: Frost Giant’s Frenzy  (sometimes after the light rune attack walk a bit forward there is a chance she flies back and you miss this attack)

"After that Combo there's an item that slows time for about ~3-4 seconds I'm not sure what the name is but maybe someone else can help me out with that. (L1+O combo)"

- When time is slowed SWITCH ASAP to your chaos blades you got to be fast on this part. When switched go again with the combo:

2. Blades of Chaos

Light Rune attack: Rampage of the Furies - Note: If you do previous step correctly you should perform this attack in the slowmo part

- Follow up with: Heavy Rune Attack Fire of Ares

She should be down about 40% of her HP this way. Now it's just stay away from her, focus on dodging her attacks and wait till your cooldowns are gone so you can repeat previous steps.

If you manage to lose 50% or more HP Just go apeshit with Spartan rage. Only spam L1 and get as much HP back as you can. With this added she should be down to 50%. Even if you manage to die you will ress again with max rage.

Trial and error and you should be able to get her this way.

Edited by Deluziion90
  • Like 4

I needed a few tries as well and maximising your weapons, upgrade your best armour ( go and farm the resources, its worth it )

Runic attack, strength, defence & cooldown as high as possible as runic attacks was the key for me.

Select the runic attacks that do the most damage and make sure they are upgraded to max.

For Talisman I used the reduced damage/protective aura. Full rage ready for fight and rage resurrection stone are a must. Also worth learning how to deal with her attacks, where to block and where to dodge. One of her attacks have no defence beyond getting Atreus to shoot her out of the air. Easier said than done, I know.

I started with Axe - Heavy Runic, Light Runic, then hold square for Atreus "animal" attack (I had wolves enabled ) and whilst they are attacking you attack with normal hits.

Then switch to Blades, runic attacks, but worth saving at least one for when she folds her wings, attack with a runic attack as it does lots of damage and breaks her block.

Also Talisman allowed me to be more aggressive knowing damage was reduced.

Save Rage until you have little health and go for it but she can still damage you so back off as necessary and pick up health.

Her Jump attack when you have to mash circle was a pain, recognise her initiation and evade like mad.

It took me 2-3 hours in total to achieve it and was close on many occasions but finally got there. It is one tough fight even on easy.....

• Like 2

She took me a few tries as well, just learning what she does and doing my best to avoid it.  Still died in the fight, but I did have a Beserker Stone available to come back with full rage and some health, used that to punch her to get health back.  And to allow for my moves to recharge again.

I just beat her on " Give me God of War "

Oh man... She's really a pain in the ass :D 

She stole my whole day... 

But in the end i must say... It was really enjoyable... 

Now i just try to finish 3rd Trial on impossible difficulty and straight for plat :) 

Edited by PiotrCNS
  • Like 1

I need advice about the aerial attacks (when you have to span O). I get her down to 2-4 every time, but at the end I just can't dodge her aerial attack more than once.  Pissing me off. 

Got it the next morning.  My main advice is to know when to walk away.  It can be a PITA.   Advice on here helped a lot, thanks!

Edited by phantomfear9494

Had a fair share of glitches in the fight.  Sometimes she would pounce on me even after she landed from that animation even though I was a good distance away from her. Other random things as well that almost made me throw my controller a few times. Managed to beat her after a day off on the first try after try after try the last couple of days. 

5 hours ago, phantomfear9494 said:

I need advice about the aerial attacks (when you have to span O). I get her down to 2-4 every time, but at the end I just can't dodge her aerial attack more than once.  Pissing me off. 

This was the bit I had most problems with.......sometimes would find myself suffering an aerial attack with zero warning (and nothing you can do about this,even happens in rage mode but at least no health lost in rage mode) but if you see her go high then that's the signal. Roll out of the way 3 times did it for me. 

Lock on to her, really helps to keep track when she is flying around (R3), and it also helps your Rage mode attacks to hit her. I took the fight slow, you can shield block most attacks while waiting for Runic attacks to charge, and use Rage mode when your health gets low because it refills your health.

I used only the Axe and a level 3 Talisman that gave me health on use. Make sure everything is upgraded as much as you can (My Sindri armor wasn't fully upgraded but worked fine), and use the boy as often as you can (but save 1-2 arrows in case you need to interrupt one of her red attacks).

On 05/05/2018 at 2:06 PM, phantomfear9494 said:

Press R3 to lock onto her and make sure you are dodging left-right (I always did left), not forwards or backwards.

Edited by Heraizen

She was definitely a pain in the ass, even after I switched to Easy difficulty. Using Runic attacks makes a big difference for sure, along with equipping gear that increases the Cooldown stat. It's one of those things you just need to keep at until you get it done, but that fight definitely reminded me of Dark Souls / Bloodborne from a challenge perspective (especially compared to the rest of the fights in the game which were pretty basic).

If you've managed to button-mash your way through the game on Easy or Normal difficulty all the way to the end, this fight is the one where you will finally learn why those Runic attacks are so useful and you'll finally be in a fight where you really need to use them. As mentioned in the second post, equip the suggested runes on both the axe and blades, use them right at the start of the fight, and then do your best to avoid the boss until the cooldowns reset. Make sure you have the health stone that give max rage on resurrection and manually save your game before you start the fight just to make sure you don't "lose" your stone or rage if you die.

She's tough but I found the Valkyrie on the summit of Muspelheim was tougher, just make sure to max upgrade your talisman, pommel, grips, and armour, the best armour set for me is the Valkyrie set, or the deadly mist set, and scan your best enchantments and equip them, for the fight itself, just spam all your rune attacks, switching from both weapons, and spam Artreus arrows and especially his ally summon as much as possible, literally as soon as a rune is ready to use, use it, for defence, parry is a must, if you are not good at parrying, head over to Nifleheim and practice lol, and any time she's in the air, remove the lock on and run around so her deadly grab attack misses, good luck :)

41 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

She's tough but I found the Valkyrie on the summit of Muspelheim was tougher, just make sure to max upgrade your talisman, pommel, grips, and armour, the best armour set for me is the Valkyrie set, or the deadly mist set, and scan your best enchantments and equip them, for the fight itself, just spam all your rune attacks, switching from both weapons, and spam Artreus arrows and especially his ally summon as much as possible, literally as soon as a rune is ready to use, use it, for defence, parry is a must, if you are not good at parrying, head over to Nifleheim and practice lol, and any time she's in the air, remove the lock on and run around so her deadly grab attack misses, good luck :)

That summit battle I had to leave and go get max rage before I fought her so I could beat her 

17 hours ago, Swotam said:

She was definitely a pain in the ass, even after I switched to Easy difficulty. Using Runic attacks makes a big difference for sure, along with equipping gear that increases the Cooldown stat. It's one of those things you just need to keep at until you get it done, but that fight definitely reminded me of Dark Souls / Bloodborne from a challenge perspective (especially compared to the rest of the fights in the game which were pretty basic).

That was my main issue with the fight.  I never died to another Valkyrie even once (except the very first one, where I didn't comprehend the fact that Level 4 armour just after finishing the story wouldn't cut it...).  As soon as I was a Level 6/7, every other Valk was a piece of piss on Normal difficulty and beat them all first time.   Didn't have any issues with the Muspelheim one, at all, like others seem to have.   The Queen?  Completely different.  It is too aggressive a difficulty spike, imo, although it is by no means impossible.

Edited by phantomfear9494

I managed to somehow kill her without having to use a resurrection stone, unlike all but maybe one of the previous valkyries.

I did some grinding in Niflheim and used the max upgraded Valkyrie waist armour and gauntlets, and Ivaldi’s pauldron of deadly mist (I just chose it based on aesthetics, not sure which of the mist chest guards are the best). 

Probably should’ve finished the treasure map trophy first though, since you get some pretty useful loot from that.

Had maxed Ivadli's Deadly Mist set 

Axe lvl 5 with Hel's Touch (maxed) and Frost Giant's Frenzy (maxed)

Chaos lvl 4 with Rampage of Furies (maxed) and Fire of Aries (maxed)

Enchantments for the sole purpose of raising my cooldown as high as possible

And the talisman of the realms for good measure

Wasn't to much of a problem that way :D

Though probably better to get and max "Sindri's Royal Dwarven Armour instead, since you can get protection when using a runic attack

Really easy fight. I went with PP guide for her. Go Cooldown stat as much as possible. I think  was over 220 something. My abilities reset around 30seconds max. Everything was pretty much same as PP except i just use all valk gear. They werent even max because the items for upgrading them drop from the queen. The 6 perfected steels. Anyways. Timing is everything. With the boys attack. His abilities stun her up opening you for attacks real well. Used wolves.