Camp Wannalottaplat

1 hour ago, Cassylvania said:

CABIN #2, TEN-HUT!

While the rest of these cabins eat their girly no-bake cookies and play with their frilly anime dolls, we are going to WAR. We have ten weeks to whip you boys (and girls) into shape! I expect some ACTION out there. You think this is a game!? NO. THIS IS A VIDEO GAME. I want RESULTS. We got some tough competitors out there, and I don't want you going belly-up when push comes to shove! Now, SIT UP STRAIGHT, THUMBS ON THOSE JOYSTICKS, EYES ON THE TV SCREEN. WE GOT A WAR TO WIN.

:o Jeez, I'm sure glad I'm not in that cabin. My goodness, you remind me of Coach Oleander from Psychonauts. (Who I blame for that disgusting punching mini-game, he's evil.)

21 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

I tried to do a count yesterday to see if we could make an all girls cabin, but I think there are 17/18 of us at least

Really? I assume everyone is a guy until they specifically state otherwise and even then I question it. Is this weird of me? Lol. There's only one person in this event that I'm confident is female.

2 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

Really? I assume everyone is a guy until they specifically state otherwise and even then I question it. Is this weird of me? Lol. There's only one person in this event that I'm confident is female.

I tend to do the same thing. It's always really awkward when they're not though. xD

Also, congrats on your 1000th post :yay:

Just now, Toogie53 said:

Yea, that's only out of people who I know for sure are females, either due to interactions or seeing their comments around the forums...that makes me seem like a stalker but I just think it's awesome we have so many female trophy hunters here ^_^  

I'm female too btw, but it's probably hard to tell because I have a neutral gendered username

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Mesopithecus said:

Yea, that's only out of people who I know for sure are females, either due to interactions or seeing their comments around the forums...that makes me seem like a stalker but I just think it's awesome we have so many female trophy hunters here ^_^  

I'm female too btw, but it's probably hard to tell because I have a neutral gendered username

I'm also female.  I know my username is pretty gendered, but the male avatar and the fact that I don't really tend to mention it much here may not make that evident.  Though I'd be shocked it wasn't more obvious with my love for romance centered VNs.  Actually if I was going to guess cabin #4 currently has the most females.

Edited by ladynadiad

4 minutes ago, ladynadiad said:

I'm also female.  I know my username is pretty gendered, but the male avatar and the fact that I don't really tend to mention it much here may not make that evident.  Though I'd be shocked it wasn't more obvious with my love for romance centered VNs.  Actually if I was going to guess cabin #4 currently has the most females.

I think we are tied with cabin #3 as I'm pretty sure both cabins have 4 females each :)

@eigen-space Well there is some good proof! Lol. I dont think people would lie per se, but I do think some people are in character on the forums. I think I just dont make the assumption they are girls because I think I would get more nervous about joking with them. I'm still 12 years old inside.

@ladynadiad you were one I was pretty sure is female. @xMissFantasy too not because of her bame though, but because of general discussion things ive picked up.

Just now, Toogie53 said:

@eigen-space Well there is some good proof! Lol. I dont think people would lie per se, but I do think some people are in character on the forums. I think I just dont make the assumption they are girls because I think I would get more nervous about joking with them. I'm still 12 years old inside.

@ladynadiad you were one I was pretty sure is female. @xMissFantasy too not because of her bame though, but because of general discussion things ive picked up.

You can just think of me as a dude with man-boobs if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Though, my thoughts on joking with people... if what I'm saying is uncomfortable to say to a particular demographic, I probably shouldn't be saying it to anyone ;) 

10 minutes ago, eigen-space said:

You can just think of me as a dude with man-boobs if it makes you feel more comfortable.

Though, my thoughts on joking with people... if what I'm saying is uncomfortable to say to a particular demographic, I probably shouldn't be saying it to anyone ;) 

I think that came out wrong. I'm not worried about offending or saying something negative about a demographic. It's more like there's suddenly something that makes me feel like that person would relate to me less. Then there's some weird pressure to try to make them like me. I am an adult and most of this is a behind the scenes struggle but it suddenly gets harder for me to be myself.

Edited by Toogie53
  • Like 1

Just now, Toogie53 said:

I think that came out wrong. I'm not worried about offending or saying something negative about a demographic. It's more like there's suddenly something that makes me feel like that person would relate to me less. Then there's some weird pressure to try to make them like me. I am an adult and most of this is a behind the scenes struggle but it suddenly harder for me to be myself.

Ah..... that makes more sense :)
Well, I think everyone likes you (at least I think you're a cool dude). And you play video games... so I think anyone on this forum can relate to you regardless of any other defining characteristic ;) 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Howling-Lady said:

I'm also female. I don't think I've ever mentioned on this site, though I haven't been around long or posted much.

I'm glad you decided to give these events a try. I dont think I would have posted much at all if I wasnt organizing them.

6 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

I'm glad you decided to give these events a try. I dont think I would have posted much at all if I wasnt organizing them.

I'm pretty new at trophy hunting and these events are great at helping me plan ahead rather than just stumbling around or avoiding older games. I'm looking forward to playing my list and seeing how much I can accomplish. 

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Toogie53 said:

It may surprise you @Toogie53 but I am not really a  Ronso, I'm sorry to have mislead you all this time :P 

Also we haven't even started the event and we are at 23 pages. You've built a pretty great community here Toogs

• Like 2