Camp Wannalottaplat

Furballs of consideration later, here's my picks for camp.

Saf48e1.png Sd77a12.png S8ad261.png S5abb2f.png S236ad3.png S5f26c7.png Sde07bb.png S3df77f.png

Make Friends - Bad Apple Wars
Romance ♡ + summer are inseparable experiences. 

Hang out at the Lake - Secret of Mana
There's a lake by the camp? The first order of action need be to jump down the waterfall and go fish for shiny swordfish.

Play a Sport - OlliOlli
Let's have a skateboarding competition by the end of the paved road that leads to the camp. Far away from the prying eyes of the staff, right under the blazing sun we hand around cool drinks and laze around until evening.

Go Hiking - イース セルセタの樹海
If we take breadcrumbs and a Roo with us when we leave our cozy tents to become prime adventurers, we're sure to find our way around the vast woods of no return even in the darkest depths of night. 

Shoot Something - Titan Souls
Archery practise fits the theme of most camps and while ours may not be that well equipped with plain (boring) targets, we special little snowflakes happily make do with oversized, aggressive targets that are out for our blood.

Tell a Ghost Story - 死印

Other than a quick peek at the info presented on the game's website, I try to avoid spoilers about Shiin. Here's hoping it's scary d( ̄  ̄)

Get Tested - Pix the Cat
After a fun but noisy day, there's nothing like taking some quiet time off, waiting for dinner and playing that old cat-raises-ducklings themed arcade machine back in the corner of the common room. 

Survive - Deer God
Summer camp survival lesson 101: avoid the razor sharp teeth of green snakes, collect eatable plants and red berries, solve block puzzles to praise the animal gods and remember to headbutt any runaway polarbears during your track through the woods.  

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Kent10201 said:

Considering 6/10 people in Cabin 4 were pestered by me to join the event I'd think it's appropriate if I was there. If @SquidBaronet doesn't want to switch that's alright as well. Cabin 1 is just as cool. 1f60e.png

Hell yah it is, Cabin one can play with explosives and make things go boom. But I have to supervise.

I just noticed I was in Cabin #2...a lot of great people in this cabin. I feel I need to represent with 1 and 4 getting all the attention

Also, I also noticed the games are listed, and mine is empty, but I provided my list last Tuesday...here it is again though. Hpefully @Toogie53 sees it this time ?

Play a Sport: MLB The Show 18

Shoot Something: Assassin's Creed Origins

Make Something: Prey

Hang Out at the Lake: Battleship

BONUS: Summer Vacation: Lego Jurassic World

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Edunstar84 said:

@SquidBaronet Do you mind switching with @Kent10201? Would like to have him in our cabin. It would be greatly appreciated. :) 

First this Girls only party and now you even wanna steal @Kent10201 from us? Looks like we're gonna need to have a tug of war, because I think he should stay with us :P 

x9ZKJ6y.gif

• Like 4

1 hour ago, malachi1987 said:

I will say I get super bored at work so if you want me to track stats or want to share the road I'll kick ass at it 

Thanks. I have @donut_plz in line as a back up already. I think we'll have it covered, but I'll hit you up if I'm running into some kind of issue. 

If there’s still room, I’d like to join. 

Make Friends:
L827e0a.png
Life is Strange: Before the Storm. (0%)
Haven’t played it yet but should fit if it’s anything like the first game.

Hang out at the Lake: 
L0ac77d.png
Abzû (0%)
Other people have this already but it fits perfectly with underwater exploration.

Go Hiking:
L51c25e.png
Unravel (0%)
Another game I saw other people put for hiking but I’ve been meaning to play this for months.

Shoot Something:
La8ddd9.png
Mass Effect 2 (77%)
Not a bow but some guns. I have an unfinished Insanity run hanging around and then some cleanup. 

Tell a Ghost Story
L3aa1a5.png
Claire: Extended Cut 0%
I picked this up while it was on PS+ so no idea what its about, but I believe it's got horror elements so it should be fine.

Be a Hermit:
L0024ed.png
Rime (0%)
Nice little puzzle game.

Bonus Summer Vacation:
Lb5e3df.png
Kingdom Hearts II. (0%)
This one kinda depends on if I can finish KHRe:CoM in time to get to 2. If I get all the Sora related trophies I might start KH2 before finishing Re:CoM.

There's a few other categories I have games for but I don't want to put too much on my plate. If I get some good progress done early I might add more.
Edited by Howling-Lady
Added a new game and changed category for 1 game
  • Like 3

I've been thinking I should come back and join but I have no idea what I want to do.

I have many games which fill a lot of spots but I was curious about getting a crowd response and seeing whats popular.

So if anyone wants to pick things for the categories, have a look here.

(List of themes in spoiler)

Spoiler
  • Make Friends - A big part of camp is making memories with the people around you. So pick a game that involves being with your friends or making new ones. 
  • Hang out at the Lake - Most camps have a lake nearby. Go play in the water with a game involving swimming, canoeing, fishing, etc. 
  • Play a Sport - At some point, everyone is going to have to play a sport at camp, whether between friends or a rival camp. Play a game with an organized sport in it. 
  • Go Hiking - When you're in the woods your best option to get around is frequently your feet. Play a game where you are primarily outdoors on your feet. 
  • Shoot Something - One of the good things about camp is you can do stuff that's kind of dangerous, like shooting a bow. Pick a game where you can do just that.
  • Make Something - To fill idle time, campers are often given supplies to make things. So play a game where you can craft items or make some artwork.
  • Learn Something -  The staff is obligated to try to enrich your mind during your stay. Pick a game where you are taught about another culture or a historical event.
  • Put on a Show - Campers are encouraged to show off their talents. Choose a game where you make music, sing or perform in some way.
  • Tell a Ghost Story - Late at night everyone is up for a good scare. Play any game involving the supernatural. The scarier the better!
  • Get Tested - Camps often have tests of courage or strength. Doing a crazy stunt, completing challenge modes, or a game known for its difficulty is ideal here.
  • Be a Hermit - There's always that kid that always stays inside all the time. Play something with puzzles/mini-games or where you meet an actual hermit. 
  • Survive - Of course you need to get back home alive! Be resourceful and play a game where you have to collect food and/or supplies to progress. 

24 minutes ago, Psy-Tychist said:

I've been thinking I should come back and join but I have no idea what I want to do.

I have many games which fill a lot of spots but I was curious about getting a crowd response and seeing whats popular.

So if anyone wants to pick things for the categories, have a look here.

(List of themes in spoiler)

Here's my picks. I didn't really think too deep. As soon as I spotted something that worked, I chose it. 

Spoiler

• Make Friends - S2bd9af.png you and buddies go on an adventure and test your friendship
  • Hang out at the Lake - S86593f.pngSet around a lake, I think. If not, beach/water is involved enough to work.
  • Play a Sport - Se8bc4f.png Racing is totally a sport
  • Go Hiking S0f0efa.png Walk around the village for basically all of it
  • Shoot Something -  S842322.png Merida loves her bow. 
  • Make Something - Sefffb5.png (I'm assuming you eventually build stuff with the blocks. I need to play one of these for more than a few minutes)
  • Learn Something -  Sff1fd1.png somewhat historical
  • Put on a Show - S550a43.png Genki's shows
  • Tell a Ghost Story - Sf8ba9e.png - Some supernatural happenings in this 
  • Get Tested - S719386.png challenge rooms
  • Be a Hermit - Sb07292.png Looks like you do puzzles. 
  • Survive - Sc2d69f.png hunting, scavenging etc. 

Edited by Toogie53