Why is Sony Allowing This on PSN?

BlaizeV

On 5/27/2018 at 4:21 PM, BlindMango said:

I remember this too, I think it was on one of Kinda Funny's podcasts and he said something like "Well how do you truly know a bad game is bad? What defines it?" :facepalm: 

I'm guessing "Just look at it" isn't valid criteria to tell if a game is bad for Sony xD

Sony* don’t care if a game is bad or not, they just let whatever on as long as devs pay to be there and it passes their QA. QA which is pretty crappy if we are being honest. 

Edited by Elvick_
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
59 minutes ago, Aalicia said:

I bought this for my 5-year old to improve strategy and hand-eye coordination (along with pikmin for the GameCube and Shaun white skateboarding) this also helped to give him something to look forward to playing if he behaved the WHOLE day in school.

So, you may not like the idea of the game, but it’s definitely for kids. Anywho, he completed it today (got all the trophies on his own) and I couldn’t be prouder. 

But you could buy him a good Kart Racer instead of this.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/27/2018 at 5:52 PM, Elvick_ said:

Plenty of better games for kids on PSN. A Hat in Time, Rayman, etc. Kind of parent buys their kid this’s over a good game? 

A sadistic one...?

On 5/27/2018 at 1:28 PM, Kishnabe said:

Brought to you by the dev who created gems like Horse Racing and Dark Mystery.

Not surprising...one bit.

And I bought all three recently. To be fair though, I only paid 2.78 USD for all three and I have (almost) no shame in my acquisition of trophies.

• 1 year later...

Feels like PSN is becoming more "Steam-like" allowing sub-par games like this past the gates, hoping to swindle some poor soul into buying them...realizing that it's a curse that was just released on your account. Funny how PSN can take free mobile games, slap a price on it, and put it out to the public like some gold spray-painted turd...

• Like 2

No retailer places limits on quality other than the product being functional, doesn't break the hardware, doesn't lie in marketing or steal content from other devs.

Most games that turn on and play will meet those requirements. 
It isn't a PSN thing. It is a capitalism thing. 

If you need a 3rd party to curate a store front for you then you will need to look elsewhere.

Bad games have been sold on PSN. Bad games have been sold in Target. 

Funny how PSN can take free mobile games

The 'M' part of MSRP is for manufacturer. The manufacturer of the game are the ones slapping prices on console ports of free mobile games. 
I am not sure of any rule stating that a free game on one platform has to be free on all platforms.